What is Happening With the PF Tales Line?!?!?


Tales

251 to 272 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Yup, the tales sold me on Golarion, as a setting, really. The books were pretty enjoyable.

I hope, with 2e, they'll revitalize it.

Otherwise, well, there's not much in regards of rpg tie-in books these days. WotC doesn1t do any. PF Tales is on hiatus. WoD doesn1t have any either. Shadowrun, at least still has some.

I wish it'd change, novels were always what made me really interested in settings and games, with fleshing out the world and giving cool and relatable characters and stories. The PF Tales line is certainly among the better ones.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber
Adam Ladehoff wrote:

Pathfinder Tales is what keeps me interested in Pathfinder RPG and the genre as a whole, so I sincerely hope they work out their issues.

And also print physical versions so I don't have to stare at a screen.

This. Tales make me want to research further into the area that they take place in, causing me to read my other books. Since Tales has gone on hiatus, I have canceled 2 subscriptions, and plan on canceling 2 more this month as the interest the tales line instills in me hasn't been refreshed.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
PMárk wrote:
Otherwise, well, there's not much in regards of rpg tie-in books these days. WotC doesn1t do any.

D&D has the Endless Quest series of books, which might be what some are looking for.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

2E's release would be a perfect time to relaunch tales and reflect in the fiction the changes Golarion has seen.

I would LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE more books by Dave Gross in the Radovan and the Count Series.

I would pickup Chris Jackson's books currently being kept in the dark in a heart beat.

And more of Tim Pratt's Liars series would be a must.

Just my two copper though.

Scarab Sages

^ this.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Well, if you're holding your breath for Chris Jackson's unreleased books, I have bad news and good news. Paizo has reached an agreement with Chris allowing him to re-write his unreleased PF Tales pirates books and release them, serial numbers scrubbed. The first of those, "Pirate's Scourge" is out now and is, as you could expect, a blast.

The bad news is that if authors reach such agreements with the publisher, I wouldn't hope for the Tales returning anytime soon.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

That is happy and sad news

Scarab Sages

I'm glad they are coming out, but very sad to hear the news.

Contributor

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Gorbacz wrote:

Well, if you're holding your breath for Chris Jackson's unreleased books, I have bad news and good news. Paizo has reached an agreement with Chris allowing him to re-write his unreleased PF Tales pirates books and release them, serial numbers scrubbed. The first of those, "Pirate's Scourge" is out now and is, as you could expect, a blast.

The bad news is that if authors reach such agreements with the publisher, I wouldn't hope for the Tales returning anytime soon.

I'm afraid there's a misunderstanding here.

I've not reached any agreement with Paizo concerning the two novels still unpublished, and "The Pirate's Scourge" has nothing to do with those characters or Piazo. The novel was originally titled "The Queen's Scourge" and was part of a shared world project (not an RPG) from a completely different publisher. The publisher failed, and I got rights back automatically. I rewrote the story set in my own world, a previously undefined region called The Blood Sea, and self published it as "The Pirate's Scourge."

Anyway, sorry for the confusion. There will be at least two more "Blood Sea Tales", the next one "The Pirate's Truth" to be released this spring. They are indeed rollicking stories.

As far as the future of Pathfinder Tales, I've heard nothing yet.

Just an FYI to everyone: I was writing pirate stories for years before I wrote "Pirate's Honor", and I'll be writing them for many more years to come, along with other non-pirate stories. If you're interested in my work, please visit my website, jaxbooks.com.

Thanks.

Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
rknop wrote:

Different setting, different characters, but same author, and if you liked the Golarion pirate books, there's a good chance you'll like "The Queen's Scourge".

http://www.jaxbooks.com/out-of-print-books-available/

Sadly, it's listed as out of print, but there are some copies left.

Heads up: That publisher went under, and I got the rights back. I rewrote the story set in my own world, renamed the novel "The Pirate's Scourge" and published it myself. It's available everywhere e-books are sold, and in print from Amazon. You can find it (and an excerpt) on my website.

Thanks!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Chris A Jackson wrote:

]Just an FYI to everyone: I was writing pirate stories for years before I wrote "Pirate's Honor", and I'll be writing them for many more years to come, along with other non-pirate stories. If you're interested in my work, please visit my website, jaxbooks.com.

Thanks.

Yay!

And yes, y’all should.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Ah! Thanks for setting the record straight Chris, that'll teach me not to take random discussions online for granted.


Bump.

Just checking to see if anyone has new any information in the last little while -- Paizo staff mentioning anything on Twitter or at cons or podcasts, or what have you. If so, please post it here!

Doug M.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:


Bump.

Just checking to see if anyone has new any information in the last little while -- Paizo staff mentioning anything on Twitter or at cons or podcasts, or what have you. If so, please post it here!

Doug M.

We are starting to get web fiction again. Hopefully that means they are getting geared up for editing fiction again.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:


Bump.

Just checking to see if anyone has new any information in the last little while -- Paizo staff mentioning anything on Twitter or at cons or podcasts, or what have you. If so, please post it here!

Doug M.

Most recent comment I heard from Erik Mona was a mix of encouraging and disappointing:

Erik wrote:

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see us get back into fiction, and I really really really want to find a way to release the half-dozen "orphaned" novels we've got from when the regular releases wound down a couple years ago.

Consider the fiction an idea that is waiting for its time to strike again. We're definitely not closing the door on the idea of doing more fiction.

That comment was part of a more broad post.

It sounded to me that nothing is going to happen in the immediate future, but they’re still keen - especially for the novels that were already in the works when the arrangement with Tor ended.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm still catching up on the existing novels (which is probably going to be harder since I imagine Tor has let them fall out of print).

It would be nice to see some novels to accompany the 2nd edition launch, and also some Starfinder fiction. But fantasy gaming fiction appears to be in a bad spot now. Even with the very successful D&D 5E, WotC hasn't published a new D&D novel since 2016.

I hope we will at least get more Pathfinder comics.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I agree that 2e would be the perfect time to relaunch the novel line. Like others have said, novels are often what get me interested in a setting (it was this way with Forgotten Realms). I'm an avid reader. I still have some PF Tales I haven't read yet, and I will get around to it, but reading them gives me a kind of bittersweet feeling.

Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Andrew Crossett wrote:

I'm still catching up on the existing novels (which is probably going to be harder since I imagine Tor has let them fall out of print).

It would be nice to see some novels to accompany the 2nd edition launch, and also some Starfinder fiction. But fantasy gaming fiction appears to be in a bad spot now. Even with the very successful D&D 5E, WotC hasn't published a new D&D novel since 2016.

I hope we will at least get more Pathfinder comics.

The Tor published novels are still available. Or, at least this one is. Thing about digital is it never goes out of print, but there are still print copies available. https://www.amazon.com/Pathfinder-Tales-Pirates-Prophecy/dp/B01DWIYHTQ/ref= sr_1_1?keywords=Pirate%27s+Prophecy&qid=1554998027&s=books&sr=1 -1

If you want mine in print, find me at GenCon!

Paizo Employee Franchise Manager

9 people marked this as a favorite.

We are exploring a number of options to get the orphaned novels out of the oubliette and into readers' hands, but have nothing beyond that to say at this time. The business model of the Paizo-published Tales books didn't work, which is why we went with Tor in the first place, so it's not as simple as just spinning that mechanism back up and picking up where we left off. Any future solution will either be a partnership with another publisher, akin to our Tor arrangement, or will be something entirely new.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Chris A Jackson wrote:


The Tor published novels are still available. Or, at least this one is. Thing about digital is it never goes out of print, but there are still print copies available. https://www.amazon.com/Pathfinder-Tales-Pirates-Prophecy/dp/B01DWIYHTQ/ref= sr_1_1?keywords=Pirate%27s+Prophecy&qid=1554998027&s=books&sr=1 -1

If you want mine in print, find me at GenCon!

I hope we get more of your "Pirates" book line... Celeste and Torius are my absolute favorite couple EVER in fiction.

I plan on reading some of your other books now that I've caught up with those, but I really hope to see Celeste and Torius again soon!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I also would like to see pirate books i would also like to have more books on radovan virholt and varian jeggare


Even though James Stutter left Piazo, hopefully we can get more Salim stories like Redemption Engine and Death's Heretic.

Ray Porter's reading of this book on Amazon is what originally drew me to Pathfinder.

251 to 272 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Tales / What is Happening With the PF Tales Line?!?!? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Pathfinder Tales