Updated Prostitute Chart


Homebrew and House Rules

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

So I did a thing...
Any suggestions?

Updated Prostitute Chart


Well it certainly helps but its kinda useless when you dont have the rules for prostetutes to use in game


"Basic six"? I thought there were seven core races.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Prices and disease chances are all over the place. For instance, no prostitute has a price in silver pieces. If I have 5 sp, I'm either paying 9cp with a 55% chance of catching something, or I'm not getting any.

Further at 10gp, I'm either 90% likely to get something unpleasant in my trouser region, or I'm guaranteed disease free.

Convention is generally that a high roll is better than a low roll, yet on both mid-cost and expensive, the highest result is worse than the next one down.

Personally I'd go for a modifier table (cheap -5, expensive +10 or something), require a Profession (courtesan) or diplomacy roll for the prostitute and a diplomacy roll for the John, compare the results:

-10 or less: 1d10 cp
-9 to -5: 2d10 cp
-4 to -1: 1d6 sp
0 to 4: 2d6 sp
5 to 9: 1d6 gold
10+: +1d6 gold per 5.

Also, no prices are ever given in platinum pieces, all prices above 1gp should be listed on whole gp.

Edit: Oh, and just give a flat 5% disease chance. No need for more than that.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Calybos1 wrote:

"Basic six"? I thought there were seven core races.

Gnomes are out. What weirdo would want a gnome? For anything, ever?


Generic Villain wrote:
Gnomes are out. What weirdo would want a gnome? For anything, ever?

Other gnomes, for starters.

Also, Mystic Snowfang, "leprosy" is misspelled. Maybe provide in-game effects for syphilis or equate it to an in-game disease. Finally, I'd drop the DM's Choice option. If I'm a DM and I want to choose, I'll just do that. If I use the d%, I don't want to choose. A DM's Choice option in that case is effectively "roll again."

Also, congratulations on doing a thing.


IF I ever need a type of prostitute in my games I just roll randomly in the back of the 1e GM's Guide.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I will never need this, but thanks for volunteering the work. If any of my players goes here I reserve the right to just say, "You develop a little rash" and move on.


In My Humble Opinion wrote:
I will never need this, but thanks for volunteering the work. If any of my players goes here I reserve the right to just say, "You develop a little rash" and move on.

But what's the in-game effect of that little rash?! Does it affect spell concentration?! This is important (to someone, I imagine)!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So... there's a 1/1000 chance that I'm having sex with a dragon? And 1/10000 chance that I'm having sex with a god?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber

I'd just use the Random Harlot Encounter Table from the AD&D 1e Dungeon Master's Guide.

1d100 ⇒ 2 ...A slovenly trull! How nice!

(I really think that Gary Gygax just looked up "prostitute" in his dog-eared copy of Roget's Thesarus when he wrote that table...)


Also, a higher result should always be something positive.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rub-Eta wrote:
So... there's a 1/1000 chance that I'm having sex with a dragon? And 1/10000 chance that I'm having sex with a god?

Where do you think half-dragons and mythic heros come from? Of course I'm sure there's a high chance that god is likely Calistria or another such deity... of course you could be less lucky. And never said the PC would get sex with any god or dragon they came across. You might get taken away to the shadow plane and tortured for a thousand years for all you know.


Haladir wrote:

I'd just use the Random Harlot Encounter Table from the AD&D 1e Dungeon Master's Guide.

1d100 ...A slovenly trull! How nice!

(I really think that Gary Gygax just looked up "prostitute" in his dog-eared copy of Roget's Thesarus when he wrote that table...)

I think he used a thesaurus on everything he wrote. I kinda miss that in the new books.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
Haladir wrote:

I'd just use the Random Harlot Encounter Table from the AD&D 1e Dungeon Master's Guide.

1d100 ...A slovenly trull! How nice!

(I really think that Gary Gygax just looked up "prostitute" in his dog-eared copy of Roget's Thesarus when he wrote that table...)

I think he used a thesaurus on everything he wrote. I kinda miss that in the new books.

Except for the word "level".


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Mystic_Snowfang wrote:
Rub-Eta wrote:
So... there's a 1/1000 chance that I'm having sex with a dragon? And 1/10000 chance that I'm having sex with a god?
Where do you think half-dragons and mythic heros come from?

I knew it. I knew that nonsense about "Half-dragons are only rarely the result of dragons mating with other creatures—most are the result of strange magical experiments" was baloney put out by deadbeat dragons that don't want to deplete their hoards on child-support.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm not paying for sex if I can't have a prostitute who is BOTH a god and a dragon. I only want the best.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Generic Villain wrote:
Calybos1 wrote:

"Basic six"? I thought there were seven core races.

Gnomes are out. What weirdo would want a gnome? For anything, ever?

You've never met my wife in real life.

At 4'10", she's basically just a tall gnome.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber
Snowlilly wrote:
Generic Villain wrote:
Calybos1 wrote:

"Basic six"? I thought there were seven core races.

Gnomes are out. What weirdo would want a gnome? For anything, ever?

You've never met my wife in real life.

At 4'10", she's basically just a tall gnome.

Does she dye her hair blue?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Mystic_Snowfang wrote:
You might get taken away to the shadow plane and tortured for a thousand years for all you know.

Normally you pay extra for that.

Also there is a ninety percent chance that Calistra attained divinity just so she could bone on all planes of existence at the same time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good to have some free "hookering" chart stuff out there. ;)

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ghoul feaver? Brain worms? Mummy rot?!! Good grief the clients of the cheapies are extremely varied. Supernatural STDs.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Skull and Shackles spoiler:
Who hired the ghoul whores from The Wormwood Mutiny?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Haladir wrote:
Snowlilly wrote:
Generic Villain wrote:
Calybos1 wrote:

"Basic six"? I thought there were seven core races.

Gnomes are out. What weirdo would want a gnome? For anything, ever?

You've never met my wife in real life.

At 4'10", she's basically just a tall gnome.

Does she dye her hair blue?

She's been both blue and green in the past.

I still have an extra bottle of blue hair dye in the closet that I threaten our youngest daughter with.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Snowlilly wrote:
Haladir wrote:
Snowlilly wrote:
Generic Villain wrote:
Calybos1 wrote:

"Basic six"? I thought there were seven core races.

Gnomes are out. What weirdo would want a gnome? For anything, ever?

You've never met my wife in real life.

At 4'10", she's basically just a tall gnome.

Does she dye her hair blue?

She's been both blue and green in the past.

I still have an extra bottle of blue hair dye in the closet that I threaten our youngest daughter with.

#goodparenting

I would totally do this if my wife dyed her hair.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I dyed my hair blue once... it turned out green. And each time I try to be a redhead I end going orange. Having natural black hair makes dying my hair difficult.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Natural black hair is awesome on its own. Jus' sayin'.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber

I have male pattern baldness, and what's left has gone gray.

I shave my head.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Here4daFreeSwag wrote:
Good to have some free "hookering" chart stuff out there. ;)

glad to see you like it


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Chemlak wrote:
Prices and disease chances are all over the place...

I like your seriousness.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Andostre wrote:
In My Humble Opinion wrote:
I will never need this, but thanks for volunteering the work. If any of my players goes here I reserve the right to just say, "You develop a little rash" and move on.
But what's the in-game effect of that little rash?! Does it affect spell concentration?! This is important (to someone, I imagine)!

If it's syphilis, in the long term, it can erode the mental attributes of the sick character...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

i read this as unwanted prostitute chart...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Istixia wrote:
I'm not paying for sex if I can't have a prostitute who is BOTH a god and a dragon. I only want the best.

So you only want to bang Tiamat? good luck for the quintuple kissing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Quintuple love. I'm OK with that.
So bad Takhisis is dead, she was a good candidate too.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Did someone say prostitutes?

If you want prostitutes, I highly recommend this thread.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2u6jr&page=1?Misfit-Studios-The-Book-of-Pas sion

@Istixia: Would a god and an angel work? I know you were counting on a dragon, but....

Edit: Ugh - I suck at links. Fixed now, I think.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Angels? You're kidding me? They have feathers! I could be with a bird and I wouldn't notice the difference! No scales, no deal.
I could accept a non-godly dragon, though. But I'm not paying for it. I still have to think my view on a non-draconic god.

@Lady-J: Don't worry, I keep reading «Switch Hitter» as «Switch Hitler»

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Don't you mean Updated "Dancers" Chart?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well... This is... Useful for someone, I guess.

Why only Good and Evil outsiders work as prostitutes? I demand a prothean whore right now!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah the chaotic ones are probably where its at. Wish there was another choice aside from protean. They do have that shape change ability though...

Paizo Employee Sales Associate

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Removed some joking posts in questionable taste. This subject may or may not be appropriate for your campaign, but whether it is or not, it deserves to be treated with just as much respect as other topics. This is especially true given the fact that one of our community put effort into making something to improve people's games. Furthermore, with the sensitive nature of this particular topic, while we always encourage a light-hearted atmosphere, perhaps making jokes here is not the best idea.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Homebrew and House Rules / Updated Prostitute Chart All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Homebrew and House Rules