Trey Parker and Matt Stone lose the war against Poe's Law


Television


South Park creators will back off mocking Donald Trump they say, because "satire has become reality."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

South Park is still on the air?


Orville Redenbacher wrote:
South Park is still on the air?

Much like the Simpsons, except still sometimes relevant.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Barely Scythia.

But yes it's still on the air. Unlike say, a black man doing late night TV these days.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Barely Scythia.

But yes it's still on the air. Unlike say, a black man doing late night TV these days.

I miss Larry Wilmore. :(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
BigDTBone wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Barely Scythia.

But yes it's still on the air. Unlike say, a black man doing late night TV these days.

I miss Larry Wilmore. :(

I don't. He was far too dry for me. His show did not belong on comedy central, but on msnbc.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
BigDTBone wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Barely Scythia.

But yes it's still on the air. Unlike say, a black man doing late night TV these days.

I miss Larry Wilmore. :(
I don't. He was far too dry for me. His show did not belong on comedy central, but on msnbc.

He was definitely less joke-about-the-news and more laugh-at-the-news. And his side kicks were pretty wacky (man, I miss Mike Yard, too.) I don't know, I still thought it felt like a comedy show, with the caveat that the show was definitely focused on social injustice which is inherently un-funny.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It was inherently unfunny stuff in terms of the issues. But they did it with aplomb along with a sharp wit. While I never got into Wilmore, he was by far the better of the two late night shows on CC. Now it's Samantha Bee without question.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
It was inherently unfunny stuff in terms of the issues. But they did it with aplomb along with a sharp wit. While I never got into Wilmore, he was by far the better of the two late night shows on CC. Now it's Samantha Bee without question.

Just remember, Jon Stewart sucked for at least 3 seasons before he found his voice, and then didn't become great until the 2004 election season.


South Park is the only show I watch on Comedy Central. I am not sad about this news, I am sick of the subject as is. I would like next season to do something else anyway especially if it involves super heroes, aliens, monsters, magic, or at least focus more on the kids again.


Magic? When did they do magic?


look up uhh hmmm "Name for a rooster" magic


You don't remember the episode with the words of curse and the mystic tablets against those words;) Also the two part episode with the giant guinea pigs. Don't forget about the 3 parter in Imagination Land. The coon and fiends with Cthulhu 3 parter. The episode with Kyle and Kenny and Jewish camp during the night of the comet.


Dragon,

Cthulhu doesn't count as magic. He's an Old One. Old Ones aren't magic.

Imagination Land was more like an alternate reality than magic.

The giant guinea pigs were more like invaders than magic.

I will concede the Curse Words as magic.

The Jewish camp thing was more a religious phenomena than magic.


Thomas Seitz wrote:

Dragon,

Cthulhu doesn't count as magic. He's an Old One. Old Ones aren't magic.

Imagination Land was more like an alternate reality than magic.

The giant guinea pigs were more like invaders than magic.

I will concede the Curse Words as magic.

The Jewish camp thing was more a religious phenomena than magic.

Don't forget when Chef's mom captured Kenny's soul in a pot roast.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Okay that was kind of magic I'll admit that...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I could tell you about that old loch ness monster but ill need about three fiddy first.


There was also the time that Barbara Streisand combined the Triangle of Zinthar with the Triangle of Krewluck to form the Diamond of Pantheos and became Mecha-Streisand. And then Robert Smith and Sidney Poitier turn into a giant moth and turtle (respectively) and fight her.

Or the time that Mickey Mouse gains flight and a breath-weapon and terrorizes Denver CO.

;)


!!! >.>
<.< !!!

^.^.....>.>

Seriously though can I get about tree fiddy?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mecha-Streisand, best episode of the first 3 seasons.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
BigDTBone wrote:

There was also the time that Barbara Streisand combined the Triangle of Zinthar with the Triangle of Krewluck to form the Diamond of Pantheos and became Mecha-Streisand. And then Robert Smith and Sidney Poitier turn into a giant moth and turtle (respectively) and fight her.

Or the time that Mickey Mouse gains flight and a breath-weapon and terrorizes Denver CO.

;)

no. They became Mothra and Gamera.

I mean GOD.


Okay firstly,

Mickey changing shape isn't a sign of magic. Ant Man can change sizes. Is he magic?

Secondly the combing forms thing isn't a sign of magic either. It's just the ability to alter physical forms.

The Loch Ness Monster is just an example of an undiscovered but much rumored creature that doesn't have MAGIC powers. He's just a creature. Possibly a dinosaur.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Loch ness monster wrote:

!!! >.>

<.< !!!

^.^.....>.>

Seriously though can I get about tree fiddy?

Nice novelty alias. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
BigDTBone wrote:
Loch ness monster wrote:

!!! >.>

<.< !!!

^.^.....>.>

Seriously though can I get about tree fiddy?

Nice novelty alias. :)

I also approve.


but the episode that deals with rymnes with sock magic is all about some magic.


I never saw it so officially, it's not on my radar to comment.

Liberty's Edge

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
BigDTBone wrote:
South Park creators will back off mocking Donald Trump they say, because "satire has become reality."

They should just play actual news clips of Trump and then cut back to the cartoon characters looking all stunned and confused by the craziness.


CB,

It would cut down on the production costs...

Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Television / Trey Parker and Matt Stone lose the war against Poe's Law All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Television