ETA on Additional Resources update?


Pathfinder Society

1 to 50 of 245 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Sczarni 2/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Subject pretty much says it all. It's been almost 2 months.

Dark Archive

Check here All I want for Christmas is Additional Resources!

Venture-Agent, Utah—Provo aka Chess Pwn

There is no timeline or schedule for additional resources.
They've said they try to get stuff ready to be added around the middle of months.
But once PFS leadership is done, there's still a delay for the web people to put it up.

4/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The answer is always SOON™.

Sczarni 5/5 ⦵⦵

Starfinder Charter Superscriber

If only there was some sort of thread, maybe something Stickied at the top of the Forum, preferably created by a Paizo employee, where questions and comments about the Additional Resources document could be asked and discussed...

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

Nefreet wrote:
If only there was some sort of thread, maybe something Stickied at the top of the Forum, preferably created by a Paizo employee, where questions and comments about the Additional Resources document could be asked and discussed...

i think they've asked "are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? Mom she's poking me!" not to go there...


Nefreet wrote:
If only there was some sort of thread, maybe something Stickied at the top of the Forum, preferably created by a Paizo employee, where questions and comments about the Additional Resources document could be asked and discussed...

Actually questions regarding the publication of new additional resources are deleted from that thread...

Shadow Lodge 5/5

Every time this question is asked, the countdown resets.

Not really. Please be patient, our Paizo overlords are working hard to bring us awesome new PFS content.

1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
zefig wrote:

Every time this question is asked, the countdown resets.

Not really. Please be patient, our Paizo overlords are working hard to bring us awesome new PFS content.

Actually, of last report they were taking a hard and well-earned vacation during the only time of the year they have a chance to take 'down-time', and patience was requested while that was in progress.

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

2 people marked this as a favorite.

a watched additional resources never updates?

Scarab Sages 4/5 ⦵⦵

Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber
zefig wrote:

Every time this question is asked, the countdown resets.

Not really. Please be patient, our Paizo overlords are working hard to bring us awesome new PFS content.

This time will be the final countdown.

Shadow Lodge 5/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I mean, I'm just as impatient as anyone else. I'm waiting to see if one of my characters that's been shelved for nearly 2 years can possibly come out of retirement again.

Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
zefig wrote:

Every time this question is asked, the countdown resets.

Not really. Please be patient, our Paizo overlords are working hard to bring us awesome new PFS content.

Actually, of last report they were taking a hard and well-earned vacation during the only time of the year they have a chance to take 'down-time', and patience was requested while that was in progress.

Eh, I'm back to work so I probably wrongly assumed that everyone else was too.

RocMeAsmodeus wrote:
zefig wrote:

Every time this question is asked, the countdown resets.

Not really. Please be patient, our Paizo overlords are working hard to bring us awesome new PFS content.

This time will be the final countdown.

Time to use my ranks in Perform: Air Guitar

1/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

We're leaving together
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To earth, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground (leaving ground)
Will things ever be the same again?

Sovereign Court 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Chances are that Additional Resources will update just as subscribers are getting access to this month's releases.

Grand Lodge 2/5

KingOfAnything wrote:
Chances are that Additional Resources will update just as subscribers are getting access to this month's releases.

As someone who doesn't subscribe, when does that happen?

Grand Lodge 2/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

This month; two days ago.

Sovereign Court 3/5 Venture-Agent, Canada—Ontario—Toronto aka crashcanuck

I'm only seeing it last updated in November

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think its legit that people are asking ....its been over 2 months since the last update ....personally im waiting to see if i buy blood of beasts or not

The Exchange 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Texas—Dallas & Ft. Worth aka Belafon

2 people marked this as a favorite.
One of the biggest barriers in getting Additional Resources updated is getting the team together to discuss publications and what is right for inclusion in our Organized Play programs. The holidays play havoc with scheduling, but now that things are a bit settled, we hope to have an update soon.

Sovereign Court 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Leiden aka Ascalaphus

5 people marked this as a favorite.

I try to be patient, but with the very interesting stuff in the books I already bought (Paths of the Righteous, Blood of the Beast), the ones I might yet buy, and the holiday discount which I haven't used yet, you can bet I'm checking several times a day to see if the AR have been updated yet.

Grand Lodge 3/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Now I'm just hoping Healer's Handbook makes the (delayed) cut for this round of Additional Resources.

Liberty's Edge 3/5

Lau Bannenberg wrote:
I try to be patient, but with the very interesting stuff in the books I already bought (Paths of the Righteous, Blood of the Beast), the ones I might yet buy, and the holiday discount which I haven't used yet, you can bet I'm checking several times a day to see if the AR have been updated yet.

Would be really nice if they set up an RSS feed for Additional Resources. (And FAQs, and errata.)

Sovereign Court 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Leiden aka Ascalaphus

DrSwordopolis wrote:
Lau Bannenberg wrote:
I try to be patient, but with the very interesting stuff in the books I already bought (Paths of the Righteous, Blood of the Beast), the ones I might yet buy, and the holiday discount which I haven't used yet, you can bet I'm checking several times a day to see if the AR have been updated yet.
Would be really nice if they set up an RSS feed for Additional Resources. (And FAQs, and errata.)

To make it easy to keep up to date whenever any of them change? Yeah, that would be a nice feature!

Silver Crusade 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Pennsylvania—Pittsburgh aka Terminalmancer

Lau Bannenberg wrote:
DrSwordopolis wrote:
Lau Bannenberg wrote:
I try to be patient, but with the very interesting stuff in the books I already bought (Paths of the Righteous, Blood of the Beast), the ones I might yet buy, and the holiday discount which I haven't used yet, you can bet I'm checking several times a day to see if the AR have been updated yet.
Would be really nice if they set up an RSS feed for Additional Resources. (And FAQs, and errata.)
To make it easy to keep up to date whenever any of them change? Yeah, that would be a nice feature!

On our end, there are a few options that kind of let us fake this...

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/detect-website-change-notification/

Sovereign Court 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Can't you subscribe to the stickied Announcement Thread? That is most of the reason it exists.

Grand Lodge 2/5

I just installed an Android app called Web Alert. Very simple and clean but also nicely customizable. No intrusive permissions required, no ads, and most importantly it's free.

Venture-Agent, Utah—Provo aka Chess Pwn

but they didn't announce on there their most recent change.

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

11 people marked this as a favorite.

♪ Can you hear the people sing
Of additional resources
It's the music of the players
Who want to build our deadly forces!
When the typing of our pleas
Echo through the forums
We want to build our cheese
When tomorrow comes!

Will you join in our crusade
As we steadfastly hit ctrl-z?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
There's a feat you'd like to see

Then join in this song
It's where we belong
While we wait and see!

Can you hear the people sing
Of additional resources
It's the music of the players
Who want to build our deadly forces!
When the typing of our pleas
Echo through the forums
We want to build our cheese
When tomorrow comes!

Will you give all that you can give
So that Optionmas may advance
Some feats will fall and some will live
But without A.R., none will stand a chance
The "Blood of" whatever
Will make Pathfinders dance!

Can you hear the people sing
Of additional resources
It's the music of the players
Who want to build our deadly forces!
When the typing of our pleas
Echo through the forums
We want to build our cheese
When tomorrow comes! ♫

Shamelessly ripped off Les Mis

Sovereign Court 4/5 Venture-Captain, Online—VTT aka Imhrail

5 people marked this as a favorite.

Hmm i think we're going to have to enforce some outdoor time for you :p

Scarab Sages 4/5

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber


Refresh Refresh
Constantly hit F5
Refresh Refresh
Until new A.R. goes live

The page it loads
No changes yet to show
Refresh Refresh
New A.R. comes so slow

I need that ruling
Sweet Desna hear my prayer
Refresh Refresh
Sweet Desna doesn't care

Those items and spells
And archetypes are new
Refresh Refresh
I hope that feat is legal too

*Also stolen from Les Mis

Silver Crusade 5/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I just REALLY hope they're up this week, in tine for me to create my characters fot TPKCon

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Imhrail wrote:
Hmm i think we're going to have to enforce some outdoor time for you :p

Yesterday, I was down with the flu. Sometimes, my best filks come when my brain is fevered or otherwise out of commission. But yes, I want some outdoor time. Fortunately, Minnesota is finally warming up again!

You do realize, don't you, that outdoor time won't stop the filks? Half of mine seem to compose themselves when I go biking or jogging. When my brain goes romping off-leash, I find it best usually to just let it go and do its thing so I can get back on track again.

Hmm

Sovereign Court 4/5 Venture-Captain, Online—VTT aka Imhrail

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:


You do realize, don't you, that outdoor time won't stop the filks? Half of mine seem to compose themselves when I go biking or jogging. When my brain goes romping off-leash, I find it best usually to just let it go and do its thing so I can get back on track again.

Hmm

Thats why you need more outdoor time! I need more of your amazing filks


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm YEARNING for an update to the Additional Resources; I want to make my first kitsune character for PFS, and I'm thinking about making one with the alternative racial trait "Keen Kitsune" from Blood of the Beast, but I need it to be legal before I do it!

Shadow Lodge 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Florida—Jacksonville aka Kyrie Ebonblade,

Eristae wrote:
I'm YEARNING for an update to the Additional Resources; I want to make my first kitsune character for PFS, and I'm thinking about making one with the alternative racial trait "Keen Kitsune" from Blood of the Beast, but I need it to be legal before I do it!

Don't worry.. someday your book (might) come in. March perhaps?

(I'm in the same boat for other boots.. paths of righteousness mostly)

Silver Crusade 5/5

Thomas Graham wrote:

someday your book (might) come in. March perhaps?

I'm starting to lose hope :-(

Sovereign Court 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

some day your prints will come
some day you'll cheese again
And away to the dungeon we'll go
to be powered up more than they know
Some day when spring is here
We'll find cons anew
and tengu will sing
and monks get a new ring
Some day when my dreams come true

Grand Lodge

currently sitting on a character for Con of the North that desperately needs to know if certain feats are going to be legal, he's just sitting there... all alone... hoping to get to play with the other kids that have their additional resources...

Scarab Sages 4/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I know that feat
You played with it once upon a dream
I know that archtype
That look in a player's eyes so familiar a gleam
And I know that Additional Resources are seldom what they seem
But if I know you, and I know what you'll do
If they legalize it, the way you built it once upon a dream.

Sovereign Court 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Leiden aka Ascalaphus

I'm detecting an animal-head theme in the avatars in this topic...

Grand Lodge 2/5

I can't help but repeat all of my sentiments in THIS thread. I'm not going to repeat them, but here's a link.

1/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Lau Bannenberg wrote:
I'm detecting an animal-head theme in the avatars in this topic...

...quietly observes that a good chunk of folks with said animal-head avatars have characters that either are or will be impacted by the information relating to Blood of the Beast, and some folks have been holding off on purchasing said item until what is legit and what is not is available because finances are tight, especially post-holiday season.

This hope then might tie into the discount that is being offered and expires on the 31st.

This does not apply to everyone, of course...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I've been patient as well but I would like to also express that it has been almost 3 months since the last update, the sale is ending next week and I would like the chance to buy paizo products. I realize there were holidays but I can't help but feel this process needs revision. The wait between product release and legalization is far too long. In other games I would actually expect the release and legalization to be simultaneous. Comparatively the timeline for Pathfinder is quite generous but this is a bit too much.

Putting this all on the holidays doesn't really alleviate concerns either. It just makes me more concerned it will happen next year too.

Venture-Agent, Utah—Provo aka Chess Pwn

1 person marked this as a favorite.

PFS legality is my biggest decision for purchase. I like to buy cool things that PFS allows, thinking that one day I'll use it in there. But if there's not much PFS legal in it that's cool then I wont get it.

Like right now path's of righteousness. A lot of the prestige classes and feats seem cool and interesting. Prestigious spellcaster is a game changer for PrC. But no clue if it'll be legal so I'm holding off getting excited about it, while a friend has now mapped out like 2 PFS characters using PrC from the book and planning on using this feat. If it's not legalized then some of he recent choices aren't so good.

And this sale really does make us buyers want clarification sooner to take advantage of the sale.

Liberty's Edge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

Lau Bannenberg wrote:
I'm detecting an animal-head theme in the avatars in this topic...

It's the blood of the beasts

critter options are increased

Stand clear, Don't think fox could talk?
You can't stand how i stand you can't walk how i walk
Watch out! We're the new orcs
Aspis men come, they find a bite worse than my bark
I know this for a fact you don't like us in packs
claim non HEDGEHOGS are whack
Old core races are flat

I'd rather say "caw caw"
cause I would never be ya
Be a hedgehog? Nah I couldn't be freer

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm dead serious, if Paizo needs someone to review books and help approve content for PFS, hire me. The 3+ month delay is causing serious problems for players/customers. We have SEVERAL books we can't decide whether to buy because no information is forthcoming on whether the books are of incredible worth or completely unusable in what is for some players their only Pathfinder outlet.

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

The Morphling wrote:
I'm dead serious, if Paizo needs someone to review books and help approve content for PFS, hire me. The 3+ month delay is causing serious problems for players/customers. We have SEVERAL books we can't decide whether to buy because no information is forthcoming on whether the books are of incredible worth or completely unusable in what is for some players their only Pathfinder outlet.

They have venture critters doing that already.

Venture-Agent, Utah—Provo aka Chess Pwn

2 people marked this as a favorite.

If I understand, their issue isn't manpower, it's scheduling. They apparently need everyone to physically be in one place at the same time to decide these things, same as FAQs.
You manage to pull Tonya for a CON? No meeting that week. Next week John goes to a CON, no meeting. Week after it's thanksgiving, no meeting. Then someone is sick, out for a birthday, can't get to work because of weather. No meeting.
Then when there is a meeting, it's about priority. Since we haven't met for a month we need to discuss X... and get decision on those, if time is left over then we can get to additional resources.

1/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Thomas Hutchins wrote:

If I understand, their issue isn't manpower, it's scheduling. They apparently need everyone to physically be in one place at the same time to decide these things, same as FAQs.

You manage to pull Tonya for a CON? No meeting that week. Next week John goes to a CON, no meeting. Week after it's thanksgiving, no meeting. Then someone is sick, out for a birthday, can't get to work because of weather. No meeting.
Then when there is a meeting, it's about priority. Since we haven't met for a month we need to discuss X... and get decision on those, if time is left over then we can get to additional resources.

These are considerations, yes, and in any creative working environment they do exist and deserve their fair weight.

Can't even remember the last time we were able to have a full store meeting at my retail work location because of payroll cuts and scheduling...

Unfortunately, if the vetting process costs sales, then it reduces the resources that a given company has to increase sales, and if it is done too late, will either kill support for a product/product line or severely curtail it.

If the vetting process has been 'farmed out' to Venture folks, that could cause one of two things to happen... A. Much like the regular forums a few items have probably descended into battle lines of opposing schools of thought OR B. Much like the PDT, the ability to coordinate an even GREATER number of people is leading to even more gridlock.

Venture-Agent, Utah—Provo aka Chess Pwn

Assuming there's VO's and PFS leadership I say that the VO's look and email their thoughts to the PFSL, Or have a private thread that they post their thoughts. Then PFSL are able to discuss with VO's if they want clarification on something about their view or why they have it. Then PFSL can talk or email about what they think should be legal. But this involves the PFSL to do work outside of the hour long AR meeting, which might be something they don't really have time for.

1 to 50 of 245 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / ETA on Additional Resources update? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.