Inn of meta-knowledge and what-not


Play-by-Post Discussion

51 to 100 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Anduriel Silverthorn
Dreadguard Lienhol wrote:
Anduriel Silverthorn wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
"Ha, good, a mind as sharp as ever I see! It is a delight to see you again, Ms. Silverthorn. Truly, I'd have come just to catch up, though fortune allows me to join this assembly as a graduate as well."

"You should try the Magickz Mix!" she says with a grin, making her nose wtitch with the new muscle control she'd been temporarily granted. "Who knows when next you'll get to do something fun while technically on the job?"


Anduriel Silverthorn wrote:
Dreadguard Lienhol wrote:
Anduriel Silverthorn wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
"Ha, good, a mind as sharp as ever I see! It is a delight to see you again, Ms. Silverthorn. Truly, I'd have come just to catch up, though fortune allows me to join this assembly as a graduate as well."
"You should try the Magickz Mix!" she says with a grin, making her nose wtitch with the new muscle control she'd been temporarily granted. "Who knows when next you'll get to do something fun while technically on the job?"

"I'm afraid that I cannot. My vows forbid me in partaking in such a thing. Worry not though, for I have already derived much from some of the effects imparted on others."


Human Cleric 4 | HP: 20/30 | AC 20/13/17 | F+5 R+4 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 (+5 in Surprise)| Channels 2/4 | Spells: 1st (3/3) 2nd (2/2) | Arrows (50) Blunt Arrows (10)
Lienhol wrote:
Lienhol pats the man firmly on the back "You are quiet perceptive, Demari, though I'm afraid you are in er. I belong to the Red Queen, though am often mistook for a follower of Ragathiel."

"My apologies, for my mistake. It seems I'm a student still in learning the great many celestial figures in the sacred congress."

Seeing Leinhol is familiar with the raccoon-ed Magus he says, "Alas miss, it seems you must have twice as much action as he. Let not his sacrifice, go unrewarded. Come a toast, to great futures and a prosperous times." He sips gingerly, "I am Demari, and you miss?"


Brak takes the offered hand.

"I shall heed your arcane intuition and not partake myself. Though I will enjoy the amusement of watching others."

Turning to Serill, "You look vaguely familiar, we must have passed each other during training. I do not believe I ever caught your name however."


Anduriel Silverthorn

"Anduriel, or just Andi....either is fine." the half elf replies with a smile. "So any ideas on what kind of assignment you hope to get?"


Human Bard 3

Tordrek turns to face Lienhol, Lad, it's a long and painful story, but at least the scar makes for a good tale. I was in the northern mountains, a ways out of Ironmug territory, and the sun was just setting. Now, I had a nice little fire going and was settling down for the night. All of a sudden, I hear this bizarre noise. Closest I can describe it is a raccoon being thrown through a glass window. Anyway I see this blob of mouths and eyes and claws oozing out of the forest. A few shots from my rifle was enough to scare it off, but not before it raked across my face. Given the clockwork arm, I reckon you've to tell as well.


Human Cleric 4 | HP: 20/30 | AC 20/13/17 | F+5 R+4 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 (+5 in Surprise)| Channels 2/4 | Spells: 1st (3/3) 2nd (2/2) | Arrows (50) Blunt Arrows (10)

"Andi, I hope for an assignment, where I can do the most good. Be it felling horrors in the deep wood, or building up communities to be more prosperous. Though I prefer the more active and vigorous assignments myself. And you, you look the martial sort, are you looking for anything in particular? I doubt a quite life in capital administration is the life for you."


Fighter 2/Aristocrat 1 | hp 15/17 | AC18 T12 FF16 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20 | Init +2 | Perception +5

"If you wish to drink a glass and take your chance, by all means, do not let me stop you. I however, would like to keep my feet firmly upon the ground and to be myself while meeting my new comrades." Artemis explained to Rols. "Dancing... right... I believe I should probably stay away from the dance floor..."

Artemis turned to their newcomer, appearance altered slight from the magical drink. "Yes, they'd have too many complains if it was permanent." She said with a shrug.

Dreadguard Lienhol:
Artemis offered the man a smirk as she drew the katana from her right hip and carefully handed it to him. "See for yourself Lienhol." Artemis told him. "No Juno goes anywhere without a katana. These are for battle yes, my father gave them to me as a gift for graduating with top marks."


Male Elf Wizard 5 | Neutral | Hitpoints 56/56 | Armour Class 24[28] Touch 19 Flat Footed 15[19] CMD 24 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +9 Will +8 | Perception +18 Initiative +16 |

"You did well. I don't believe any made it through that did not deserve it. I am new to the trials as well and it was not easy."

He also watches as Elaina begins to float away before being pulled back to safety by the giant Half-orc. Wondering why she is in a dress and not the same as everyone else his curiosity is quickly satisfied as he overhears that she is here only because she is a squire. She had no idea how to act. Likely not much experience with magic before.

He smiles and greets Brak as he comes over. He laughs as he says, "You should only trust a wizard as far as you can throw him. Yes I must have seen you in the training arena. I'm Serill." He shakes his head at Lily, "You have found me out. I am a student of the arcane. It is strange our paths did not cross before now if it is true you are also."


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +3; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/5 | Spells 1st: 1/4 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

to Lienhol:
"Ah, glad I could please you." he replies with a grin. Eyeing the mans appearance, a spark appears in his eyes. "You must be the brass guy! I've heard about you. Well met and congratulations to you as well."

The gnome wanders over the the larger group, sporadically dancing as he does. Taking another ale, he listens to their conversations. Suddenly, to know one in particular he says, "A toast!"

Holding up his own ale, and not waiting on anyone to reply he launches into a rhyme.

"To the Order that needed anew
And though their recruits are few.
The finest where selected
The entire Kingdom affected.
To this we say PHEW!"

Taking a long swig of his ale, he looks around at the others. "Did someone say dance? I'd be happy to join."


Damari Wilder wrote:
Lienhol wrote:
Lienhol pats the man firmly on the back "You are quiet perceptive, Demari, though I'm afraid you are in er. I belong to the Red Queen, though am often mistook for a follower of Ragathiel."

"My apologies, for my mistake. It seems I'm a student still in learning the great many celestial figures in the sacred congress."

Seeing Leinhol is familiar with the raccoon-ed Magus he says, "Alas miss, it seems you must have twice as much action as he. Let not his sacrifice, go unrewarded. Come a toast, to great futures and a prosperous times." He sips gingerly, "I am Demari, and you miss?"

"Think nothing of it, friend. After all, does not our creed in the Brotherhood grant us greater kinship, though we may still serve other powers? As long as that bond stands, you can do me no wrong."


"Did someone say 'wizard tossing'?"


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +3; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/5 | Spells 1st: 1/4 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

Turning to the over-sized Rols, "I've heard of gnome chucking, is it a similar game?"


Sorcerer 4 | HP: 19/27| AC: 14 (14 Touch, 12 Flatfooted, 18 w/Mage Armor) | CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Reflex: +4, Will: +7 | Init: +4 | Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +2

"Perhaps it is because we are of different... shall I say arcane persuasions." She extends her hand, and it turns into a claw of sorts. "My arcane powers come from the very blood that flows through my veins. And if my intuition is right then you must be a wizard of sorts. Training for a sorcerer differs from that of a wizard after all." After having her hand as a claw for no more than a ten or so seconds, she changes it back into a normal hand.


Simeon wrote:
Tordrek turns to face Lienhol, Lad, it's a long and painful story, but at least the scar makes for a good tale. I was in the northern mountains, a ways out of Ironmug territory, and the sun was just setting. Now, I had a nice little fire going and was settling down for the night. All of a sudden, I hear this bizarre noise. Closest I can describe it is a raccoon being thrown through a glass window. Anyway I see this blob of mouths and eyes and claws oozing out of the forest. A few shots from my rifle was enough to scare it off, but not before it raked across my face. Given the clockwork arm, I reckon you've to tell as well.

"Alas, mine is not but the price to be paid for a reckless youth. I yearn to claim that I slew some great beast or stormed the walls of an ancient keep in exchange for the flesh, where it only true! I suppose, though, that I am blessed by that as well. Looking at this arm does not summon bitter memories of what I once had, but instead fills me with hope for the future...Ah, how I prattle! You say you used a rifle to fend off the beast? Then, no doubt, you have some times with Nasar?"


"Indeed it is, often with magical assistance. I once saw a wizard turn his partner into a giant and then turned himself into a boulder. But I fear too many wouldn't feel this an appropriate setting for such sport." Rols says followed by a chuckle.

Are we all in one big group now or are we in several smaller groups?


Artemis Juno wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

"Juno, was it?" comments Lienhol as he graciously accepts the katana "I know the family well. Or, rather, know of them well? That would make you...Artemis, yes?"


Posh Nanjet wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

"I am honored to know that my reputation precedes me" says Lienhol, offering a bow. "I look forward to our camaraderie in the future. Mr...?"


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +3; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/5 | Spells 1st: 1/4 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.
Dreadguard Lienhol wrote:


"I am honored to know that my reputation precedes me" says Lienhol, offering a bow. "I look forward to our camaraderie in the future. Mr...?"

"Oh, my apologies. I am Posh."


Human Bard 3

Tordrek smiles slightly as he says to Lienhol, I can't say that I have. I built my rifle myself, albeit with some limited resources. The Ironmugs didn't exactly have guns laying around when I lived with them. But I have said enough, I see you've met Posh. He's an interesting fellow to be sure.


Male Probably human Computer Scientist 1/ Character Synthesizer 20/ Crazy 99

Sorry, been busy today.

Dalen takes a moment to glare at the other knights. If he'd known that this was the effect that would have happened to Elaina, he wouldn't have gone through with his little object lesson.

Once he'd turned his attention back to the conversation, he had discovered it had moved on and decided to just take a step back and listen for a bit.

Some time later

Shortly after the effects of the Magickz Mix had worn off, Dalen and Elaina run into Lienhol, and his inquiry as to whether they are betrothed or not has the two of them blushing furiously.

"Ah, no. Nothing like that. I am Sir Dalen Felder, and this is my squire, Elaina Tirel," Dalen says in his baritone voice, handling the question with somewhat more grace than Elaina who is busy trying to hide behind Dalen without looking like she's hiding behind him, and blushing all the more furiously for the knowledge that Lienhol can see the red of her cheeks against freckled, creamy-pale skin.


Brak

"Well that's a neat trick you have there. I prefer just my own fist myself, though I guess that's a similar philosophy."

Brak notices a dancing gnome.

"Well it's been fun chatting, I think it's time to mingle with some others."

Brak heads over to the gnome.

"I see you are enjoying yourself, friend. They call me Brak."

Brak extends his hand.


Human Bard 3

Seeing Dalen and Eliana approach him and Lienhol, Tordrek nods and says in a deep and resonant voice, Well met, I don't believe I have made your acquaintances before, although I did see the debacle with the levitation. He pauses briefly to tighten the leather cord fastening back his long brown hair before continuing, I am Tordrek. Tordrek the Rusted, if the particulars of my past are involved.


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +3; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/5 | Spells 1st: 1/4 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

With a slight spin, he accepts Brak's hand. Frowning as he notes the lights have ceased, he quickly downs another drink.

Magickz Mix: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Giggling gleefully as the lights return, he offers "Name's Posh. One should always enjoy life, especially at a party!"

"Grats to your success good sir. Are you enjoying yourself? Tomorrow the real work begins."


Posh, your skin returns, and the lights start shooting off again.


Fighter 2/Aristocrat 1 | hp 15/17 | AC18 T12 FF16 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20 | Init +2 | Perception +5

"Yes, I am Artemis Juno. Daughter of Drake Juno." Artemis said with a hint of pride as she placed her left hand upon her hip. "I figured the katanas where a dead give away." She said with a slight laugh.

Lily and Serill:
When making a few rounds to meet the other people, Artemis found her way to Lily and Serill. "Greetings, I hope I'm not interrupting. If so I shall return later." The blonde woman said respectfully.

Rols:
After some time of them parting ways Artemis returns to the half-orc. "You have quiet a story of where you came from. It is good to see that you hold your heritage close and with pride." She told him with a nod.

Tordrek:
While making rounds to meet her new brothers and sister, the blonde woman found herself next to a dwarven man. "Hmm, I do not believe we've met before..." She commented. "I am Artemis." She said.

Posh:
"You seem rather lively." Artemis told him with a slight smirk. "Does anything really dampen your spirits?" She asked

Anduriel:
When she got the chance, Artemis made her way to Anduriel. "I noticed before that you where looking at my katanas, do you like them? Have you ever used one before?" She asked.

Damari:
Soon enough Artemis stumbled upon Damari. She offered the man a smile as she said. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Artemis." She told him.

Dalen and Elaina:
In the end Artemis found herself back by Dalen and Elaina. "How are you two enjoying the celebration?" She asked them. "The drinks treating you any better?"


Anduriel Silverthorn

Artemis:
"They're beautiful!" Anduriel says looking at the tall blonde woman's blades, chuckling to herself a moment after she replays the exchange in her head. "They reminds me of curveblades a little bit. No I've never used a...katana before. I favor the rapier myself, even though I've trained with quite a few weapons. You fight with two weapons at once? That's kind of exciting!"


Fighter 2/Aristocrat 1 | hp 15/17 | AC18 T12 FF16 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20 | Init +2 | Perception +5

Andueriel:
"Yes I do... I mostly do it to stand out though...Every Juno uses a katana and I, didn't just want to be another Juno in the books of the Order you know." She told the young lady with a smile.


Anduriel Silverthorn

Artemis:
"Well it definitely garners notice, not that you need it, Miss Top-of-the-class." Anduriel says with a grin. "And yes you're that recognizable." she says with a laugh. "I'm Anduriel, Anduriel Silverthorne...but you can call me Andi."
Pronounced aundi like the Hungarian


Fighter 2/Aristocrat 1 | hp 15/17 | AC18 T12 FF16 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20 | Init +2 | Perception +5

Andueriel:
Artemis returned the young woman's grin as she shrugged. "What can I say? I have a lot to live up to... And I want to do my part for our home." She told Andi. "And you can call me AJ, that is what my cousins call me."


Posh Nanjet wrote:
Dreadguard Lienhol wrote:


"I am honored to know that my reputation precedes me" says Lienhol, offering a bow. "I look forward to our camaraderie in the future. Mr...?"
"Oh, my apologies. I am Posh."

"Well met, Posh. I hope we can become good friends, may that some of your energy rub off on me!"


Simeon wrote:
Tordrek smiles slightly as he says to Lienhol, I can't say that I have. I built my rifle myself, albeit with some limited resources. The Ironmugs didn't exactly have guns laying around when I lived with them. But I have said enough, I see you've met Posh. He's an interesting fellow to be sure.

"Impressive feat! I have dabbled in smithing in my day, but a technique like that would escape me. Even this arm is a gift from a greater mind."


Human Bard 3

Artemis:
The dwarf nods welcomingly at the new arrival, "Well met. I am Tordrek. Tordrek the Rusted. Say, I have heard of a family that gives katanas to their members. Where do they come from, as I have heard little of them."

When one spends their days under a mountain nearly shunned by their kin, one is bound to resort to drastic measures for entertainment. My first design was little more than a tube with a crossbow trigger crudely attached. It has come a ways," Tordrek notes to the metal-armed warrior.


Fighter 2/Aristocrat 1 | hp 15/17 | AC18 T12 FF16 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20 | Init +2 | Perception +5

Tordrek:
Artemis gave the dwarf a wink as she said "Family trade secret." She laughed then shrugged. "Honestly that'd be a better question to ask my uncle. He's the smith of the family." She explained.


AdamWarnock wrote:
"Ah, no. Nothing like that. I am Sir Dalen Felder, and this is my squire, Elaina Tirel," Dalen says in his baritone voice, handling the question with somewhat more grace than Elaina who is busy trying to hide behind Dalen without looking like she's hiding behind him, and blushing all the more furiously for the knowledge that Lienhol can see the red of her cheeks against freckled, creamy-pale skin.

Lienhol frowns "My apologies, I did not mean to embarrass anyone. Please, you do not need to hide. I promise I will make it up to you somehow, you have my word lady."

Lienhold clears his voice, looking to think of something to fill the silent. "So, Sir Dalen. Are you on retainer from another order, or is this Brotherhood your first calling?"


Human Cleric 4 | HP: 20/30 | AC 20/13/17 | F+5 R+4 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 (+5 in Surprise)| Channels 2/4 | Spells: 1st (3/3) 2nd (2/2) | Arrows (50) Blunt Arrows (10)

Artemis:

"Demari Wilder, a Cleric of Erastil. Nice to meet you. I hear tell you are quite the bladesmen, a two weapon fighter at that! Can't say I know much of your exotic looking blades. I'm a frontiersman, you see, are they a family specialty or your region perhaps?"

Dalen:

Damari while chatting with a few others bumps into Dalen, "Sorry, didn't catch you there." He sticks out a meaty hand to shake hands, "Damari Wilder, Cleric of Erastil. And you are?


Fighter 2/Aristocrat 1 | hp 15/17 | AC18 T12 FF16 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20 | Init +2 | Perception +5

Damari:
"Well met Damari. Yes, a family specialty. The Juno family has wielded katanas for as long as anyone can remember. So tell me, what brings a frontiersman here?" She asked.


Artemis Juno wrote:
"Yes, I am Artemis Juno. Daughter of Drake Juno." Artemis said with a hint of pride as she placed her left hand upon her hip. "I figured the katanas where a dead give away." She said with a slight laugh.

"Indeed, this is not the first time our paths have crossed. We met once, though you were but a babe and I little more than a boy myself." Lienhol smiles fondly, eventually handing the katana back Ah, well, 'tis a fine blade to my eye at least, and I'm sure to everyone else's as well. A gilded blade for a gilded lady, as it were."


Fighter 2/Aristocrat 1 | hp 15/17 | AC18 T12 FF16 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20 | Init +2 | Perception +5
Dreadguard Lienhol wrote:
Artemis Juno wrote:
"Yes, I am Artemis Juno. Daughter of Drake Juno." Artemis said with a hint of pride as she placed her left hand upon her hip. "I figured the katanas where a dead give away." She said with a slight laugh.
"Indeed, this is not the first time our paths have crossed. We met once, though you were but a babe and I little more than a boy myself." Lienhol smiles fondly, eventually handing the katana back Ah, well, 'tis a fine blade to my eye at least, and I'm sure to everyone else's as well. A gilded blade for a gilded lady, as it were."

Artemis returned her katana to its sheath. "We did? Tell me when was it?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow. "If I was so young not to remember it, I'd like to know what you remember." She said.


Human Cleric 4 | HP: 20/30 | AC 20/13/17 | F+5 R+4 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 (+5 in Surprise)| Channels 2/4 | Spells: 1st (3/3) 2nd (2/2) | Arrows (50) Blunt Arrows (10)

Artemis:

"The desire to protect as many people as I can, and do the most good I am able. I can only do so much from the home front, which is not the typical thought of those of my faith. But...I had a vision that directed me to the Order. I fear dark times await us, but I am not the waiting type."

Demari quickly waves the mood away, "Sorry to darken your celebration Artemis. Tell me, your family have been bladesmen for generation, are you hoping to join any here?"


Fighter 2/Aristocrat 1 | hp 15/17 | AC18 T12 FF16 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20 | Init +2 | Perception +5

Damari:
"Both of my cousin and my father are still within the Order." She told him. "I'm a Juno. Our life blood is the Order. Our family comes from one of the ones who founded it after all." She shrugged.


Anduriel Silverthorn

Artemis:
"A pleasure to meet you in person AJ, maybe we can spar sometime, I'd love to see them in action." Andi replies raising a glass of an elven wine, now that the Magickz Mix had worn off. "To serving the Order with honor"


Fighter 2/Aristocrat 1 | hp 15/17 | AC18 T12 FF16 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20 | Init +2 | Perception +5

Anduriel:
"I loved to go a few rounds in the ring with you." She said with a nod. She picked up a glass, non-magical, from the of the trays and raised it to Andi. "And protecting our home"


Rols loses concentration on the conversations around him and let's his mind meander for a moment. The affects of the Magick mix wear off. The young squire no longer needing his help, her and her mentor join another conversation. Rols turns his attention to Artemis.

Artemis:
"I do hold it close, although I am not sure pride is the word I'd use. But it is what made me who I am and I am thankful for that. It would appear that you have quite the family name to up hold," Rols says with a smile.


Fighter 2/Aristocrat 1 | hp 15/17 | AC18 T12 FF16 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20 | Init +2 | Perception +5

Rols:
"Yeah... Being a Juno comes with a lot of expectations." She said with a slightly nervous laugh. "Focused everything I had into the trails, and it paid off." She said with a slightly proud smile upon her lips. "But I don't want people to just see a Juno... I want them to see Artemis."


Artemis Juno wrote:
Dreadguard Lienhol wrote:
Artemis Juno wrote:
"Yes, I am Artemis Juno. Daughter of Drake Juno." Artemis said with a hint of pride as she placed her left hand upon her hip. "I figured the katanas where a dead give away." She said with a slight laugh.
"Indeed, this is not the first time our paths have crossed. We met once, though you were but a babe and I little more than a boy myself." Lienhol smiles fondly, eventually handing the katana back Ah, well, 'tis a fine blade to my eye at least, and I'm sure to everyone else's as well. A gilded blade for a gilded lady, as it were."
Artemis returned her katana to its sheath. "We did? Tell me when was it?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow. "If I was so young not to remember it, I'd like to know what you remember." She said.

"Well, I say again that I was just a boy at the time but as I recall it was just after my induction into the cult. My mentor, the Dreadguard Norswain, and your father were old friends. You had just been born and there was a celebration. We were asked to attend and that's where I first met you, just a small thing sleeping soundly in her mothers arms. How could you have possibly have appreciated the extent of this event that had been arranged solely on your behalf? Such festivities." Lienhol chuckles to himself before continuing "Norswain had done a reading, and anointed you with oil for good luck. We had also spent some time coming up with a suitable gift. Ah, but what was it...? I believe it was a small wind-up toy. A finch, a little brass thing that we had collected from Nasar."


Male Half-Elf Investigator(Empiricist) 4 (Shield Inc.) | HP 38 / 38 | AC 23; T 15; FF 19 | CMD 20 | F +5; R +10; W +6 | Init +7 | Per +13

Know Local 1: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + (4) + 1 = 19
Know Local 2: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + (1) + 1 = 14
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

As Alaryn's speech comes to an abrupt close, Alvin moves calmly but with purpose to the far edge of the ballroom. Whatever news that messenger had imparted clearly did not sit well with the headmaster but the whole affair would have to wait. There were more important matters that needed tending so the young half-elf simply filed the information away in the vast, vault-like halls of his mind.

Slipping behind a large marvel pillar, Alvin retrieves the vial of purplish liquid from the sleeve of his ridiculous parade attire and downs the contents in one gulp. Slipping the empty vial back into it's resting place, Alvin runs a hand through his rust coloured hair and waits. It takes only a few moments before the edges of his vision begin to shimmer and he could swear the waves depicted on the fresco nearby began to crash against their painted shore. Drink Polypurpose Panacea for Hallucination Effect.

The young man smiled for the first time in hours. By the gods, that initiation ceremony had seemed to drag on forever. Over three hours standing around in the beating sun wearing this ridiculous getup, it's a wonder any sanity remained to him. Not that it was over yet, this...banquet still remained, with all of his fellow graduates to talk with...hurrah. Still, his concoction would keep him entertained for the next hour. Hopefully long enough to be properly drunk anyway. Taking a deep breath, Alvin stepped out from his spot behind the pillar wearing a pleasant smile and resisting the urge to laugh as a nearby dwarven server's mustache appears to begin dancing with the beard below.

Sounds of commotion catch his attention quickly and Alvin squints at what seems to be a young woman floating through the air, only to be helped down by a now gigantic Graduate Rols. Unusual sights were to be expected in his current condition but this seemed like too much too quickly. Gods, either the arcane punch truly lives up to the hype or you've buggered the dose again Alvi.

Curious he makes his way over to the others. As he draws closer it becomes apparent his ingredients were as carefully measured as always. The alchemists seemed to have outdone themselves. Grinning in earnest, Alvin approaches the others nearby, "Good evening lads and lasses. Have I missed the introductions? Excellent. I confess I already know your names."

Snatching a glass of the magickz mix off of the table, he holds it up questioningly, "Is there a numbering system or are we at fate's mercy as to the effects? Well, no matter.", without waiting for a reply, the half-elf downs the glass.

Magickz Mix: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Male Elf Wizard 5 | Neutral | Hitpoints 56/56 | Armour Class 24[28] Touch 19 Flat Footed 15[19] CMD 24 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +9 Will +8 | Perception +18 Initiative +16 |

"Sorcery has always been a fascinating thing to me. Most dangerous and unpredictable. Without my focus, magick is very difficult. But a sorcerer could be stripped of all their possessions and still have everything they know available to them immediately. Personally I'm not sure if it's the blood itself that is the focus for the magick or just the conduit and your body is the focus. Would it be too personal a question to ask what type of dragon's blood you possess and if you know what way their power was infused into your ancestors? Long ago a member of my family made a deal with the Fey. All I've been able to unearth is that some kind of sacrifice was the price for their power. They may have given up their first child for it. It occasionally surfaces but not for several generations now."

When Artemis greets him he turns to her with a smile, "Glad you made it through Artemis. I must thank you for your help during training. I would not wield my blade as well if it were not for you and several others that deigned to give me advice."


Male Half-Elf Investigator(Empiricist) 4 (Shield Inc.) | HP 38 / 38 | AC 23; T 15; FF 19 | CMD 20 | F +5; R +10; W +6 | Init +7 | Per +13

Alvin shakes his head at Serill's story, "It's always babies with the fey isn't it. Someone should tell damn sprites there's far more fun to be had asking for farmer's daughters with a score of winters behind them.", he winks at the elven mage.

51 to 100 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Inn of meta-knowledge and what-not All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.