Inn of meta-knowledge and what-not


Play-by-Post Discussion

1 to 50 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

While you have been regarded as Brothers in the Order after your completion of your final trials. You were not formally accepted until the Ceremony. Over 100 recruits made it through the trials this time. The ceremony was long, and required formal parade attire which, despite the efforts of the best tailors is still quite stuffy. Perhaps the one bit of enjoyment to be had if you didn't have a taste for this sort of thing was seeing your old Sargent, Ivan Ironmug, fight with his clothing. Indeed, the dwarf looked out of place in anything save his heavy plate armor, even more so in tights! Eventually the ceremony is completed and you are all make your way into the Large Ballroom built near the orders main Headquarters.

Like the HQ itself, it is built from the finest of crafted Marble, with chandeliers of silver and gold hanging from the ceiling lit with magical lights that reflect off the glass in a dazzling and breathtaking display. The floor is covered in fine rugs and on the wall are paintings and all manner of decorations depicting historical moments of the Order. On each side of the room long tables covered in silken table cloth hold a plethora of foods and drinks, even a remarkable new concoction is offered created from a joint collaboration between alchemists of Nasar and mages of Valen.

As you look around, you hear the booming voice of Headmaster Alaryn. Turning around you see him standing on a small balcony at the back of the great hall. He is in attire fit for a king, and looks just a regal despite his pepper colored hair. Beside him you see the Dwarf Ivan, a beautiful Female half-elf to his left, and a young, nervous looking man in ornate full plate of the highest quality behind him to his right.

know. Local DC:10, or having cleric class levels, untrained checks allowed:
She is Mia Fey, The high Cleric of the Order and most gifted of Sarenrea's followers. She has launched many, at least semi-succeful relief programs to the people of the worker's district, and rumors say she even managed to defeat death and bring a dead man back to life. Kind as she is beautiful, she is friendly to everyone she meets. She has stolen the heart of many a young knight or trainee unintentionally, however despite this she seems to have had no lover up to this point.

know. Local/nobility DC15:
The young man is Daniel, The headmasters only true son, and the only male of 4 siblings. He is seen by some as a failure and a mockery to the Headmasters name, having failed the trials three times before finally scraping by this last time. While he is known for his humble attitude and kind-hearted nature, he can be a bit lazy as well as headstrong.

Good evening everyone! I congratulate you all on your success, and thank you for offering your services to protect and aid the people. The Order has gained many great new brothers today! Some, even surpassing their peers!... He goes on to name some of the more prominent "graduates". He goes on about History for another minute or two before a rather flustered looking man steps onto the balcony enteruppting his speech. The manquickly rushes up to The Headmaster and whispers something in his ear before leaving just as quickly as he came. After a few moments, Headmaster Alaryn speaks up again.
Yes, ahem, as I was saying, I welcome our new Brothers, May the Light Shine on you, and may you bring it wherever you go. Tonight, I invite you to rest and enjoy yourselves, you have all earned it. Eat, drink, and be merry! Enjoy the company of your new brothers, and I suggest you try the drinks offered by the Alchemists and wizards. They pack quite the taste! The day after tomorrow, you will all be given your first assignments. For the Order!

Sensemotive DC15:
You get the feeling that his speech was cut short. Something bothered him enough to end it much sooner than intended and with less charisma than expected.

You spy one of the braver individuals try one of the so called "Magickz Mix" as soon as he does he, suddenly appears to be a she. She slowly walks away more than a bit embarrassed and confused. You hear one of the servers at the area shout. I told you to leave that one out for tonight Mike! Jeez. Despite the first showing, another tries it and he suddenly begins to levitate, after a bit he figures out how to control it and begins flying around the room around 10-20ft in the air. If you would want to try the drink, roll me a d20 named magickz mix XD

So, feel free to interact however you deem proper, you all would have likely at least seen each other, whether you know each other is up to you. Martial types are more likely to know other primary martial types and casters/divine folk are more likely to know each other merely due to slightly different training regimes. Have fun!


Male Elf Wizard 5 | Neutral | Hitpoints 56/56 | Armour Class 24[28] Touch 19 Flat Footed 15[19] CMD 24 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +9 Will +8 | Perception +18 Initiative +16 |

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

With great elation and a sense of achievement Serill listened to the Headmaster's speech. He had made it. Finally he had done something worth doing in his life for himself. Standing among dozens of others that he had come to know in his time here he saw smiles and proud faces all around. For the seventh time he checked his parade attire but of course it was still perfect. Being skilled in the arcane arts didn't come without its perks. Nothing would stop this day being as perfect as possible for him.

He noticed the lovely half-elf next to the Headmaster. He had enjoyed several talks with her. Their skills being polar opposites yet quite similar always fascinated him. He often pondered on the nature of the gods that they were simply higher beings with more magical knowledge than any mortal creature. It didn't always go over too well with the more religiously inclined.

"That can't be usual?" he whispers to anyone next to him but doesn't think much of it as the speech soon concludes and everyone turns to congratulate each other once again and socialise. Serill is curious about the drinks and walks over to the closest offering. "Do the differing effects have anything to do with the person consuming them or could one have multiple drinks and encounter a different effect each time?" He asks anyone nearby who seems to be supervising or guarding the drinks. A curious thing I would like to study if I have time.


The man handing out the drinks turns to Serill, Hm? Oh no, well, yes, each drink has a random effect out of a variety we chose beforehand. However, each effect lasts about an hour or so, and until that time drinking another won't have any other effect. So, in other words you have to wait until the magic from the first drink wears off before drinking another would do anything. As he speaks a rather curious halfling takes a sip, only to have his skin turn Blue and his hair go almost neon pink.


Male Probably human Computer Scientist 1/ Character Synthesizer 20/ Crazy 99

Dalen's Kn. Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Dalen's Kn. Nobles: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Dalen's Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Elaina's Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Dalen, glad that the ceremony was finally over, couldn't help but smile as he enters the ballroom. He walks beside his squire, a young woman with scarlet colored hair who stood over a foot shorter than he, as they made their way to the food ladened tables. Shortly before they can fix their plates, however, Headmaster Alaryn's voice commanded their attention.

Taking the opportunity to further her education in matters beyond the hunting and skinning of game, he whispers to her softly enough to not distract her from listening to the headmaster while he listens to her with one ear and to the headmaster with the other. He points out the people on the balcony and stops when he points out the runner and realizes something strange is going on.

His eyes narrow as he watches what's going on and listens carefully to Headmaster Alaryn's final words before then man quickly departs.

"Something is going on," he murmurs to himself, "Headmaster Alaryn seems to be concerned and flustered by it."

"Really? I couldn't tell the difference," Elaina pipes up, tearing Dalen's attention from the balcony. The young woman wears a slight frown on her face, and her blue eyes look into his green ones.

"It's probably nothing too serious, Elaina. If it had been, I'm sure they would have cut things short," Dalen says as he smiles to reassure her.

"Maybe, but then again, you were sure that gnome was telling the truth," she replies with a devilish smile.

"Ah, but I never did pay him for that certificate, so he really didn't catch me in his schemes now did he," Dalen countered as he began walking towards the refreshments.

"Only because I saw all of the copies he had," Elaina added as she fell into line and began to pull at the high and frilly collar of her blouse. While Dalen was busy ignoring her and fixing a plate she grabbed one of the "Magickz Mix" drinks and poured it into one of the other glasses after quickly downing its contents. After grabbing another of the same drink, she makes her way back to Dalen, who had fixed a plate for each of them.

"Many thanks, Elaina," he said as he exchanged a plate for the glass with the strange concoction before doing a quick toast, "to new beginnings and better tomorrows."

And with that, he and Elaina down their glasses.

magickz mix: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Human Cleric 4 | HP: 20/30 | AC 20/13/17 | F+5 R+4 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 (+5 in Surprise)| Channels 2/4 | Spells: 1st (3/3) 2nd (2/2) | Arrows (50) Blunt Arrows (10)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Demari stoically tries to not fidget with his attire too much, but caves in to least loosening the collar. Spotting Sergent Ironmug he thinks, I feel your plight sir!. He is quite glad that the Initiate Trial's of the Order are complete, but he sincerely wishes this whole affair was done. There is real work to be done.

With the ceremony complete, and the time to eat upon them; Demari makes a beeline for the food. Stuffing his face in a very commoner manner. Feeling a lot more relaxed, Demari takes in his new surroundings. Is all this opulence suppose to be for us? He thinks back to
how he saw the poor of the slums, scratching out such a meager existence. He loses himself in thought as someone passes him a drink from the magic punch bowl.

He turns to watch the Headmaster on the balcony. Seeing the Half-Elf, he makes note to seek out her guidance in the clerical affairs of the order, and ways to maximize prosperity for all. But when he sees the Headmaster dashing off the scene he knows there's something a foot.

But as he goes to take a sip of the drink to help him think, he sees the strange effects taking place. He can't help but wonder about what these strange little mages are into. Yet, a guest should try to enjoy their host entertainment. "Cheers!

Magickz mix: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Afterwards, he walks over to the gnome and the 'Mage'. "Are you sure none of these effects are permanent?"


Magickz Mix- 14(Dalen)- your voice is now several pitches higher. In reference terms, you sound more like at ten year old girl than a Knight of the Order.

Magickz mix- 3(Damari, kinda one of the more boring ones IMO :P) You shrink down to half your current size. (half your weight and height) no ability score modifiers.

The mage that just spoke to Serill turns to Damari. Oh yes I am sure.. well, maybe... no no, I'm positive, we wouldn't provide untested products after all! We have a reputation to keep!


Male Elf Wizard 5 | Neutral | Hitpoints 56/56 | Armour Class 24[28] Touch 19 Flat Footed 15[19] CMD 24 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +9 Will +8 | Perception +18 Initiative +16 |

"A novel idea. However I prefer to be the one experimenting, not being experimented on. I shall pass on the frivolities for tonight, but I will have a drink." He takes a standard non-magically altered beverage and holds it up in front of him. "To you sir," he says to the now short man near him(Damari), "and to us all. A successful graduation and a worthy future."


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +3; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/5 | Spells 1st: 1/4 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

K (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
K (Nobility): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Overjoyed by the honor of being among the graduates, Posh takes in the festivities.

It's all so beautiful! The ceremony itself perhaps a bit dull, but necessary.

Filing into the great hall, he looks over the throng of new recruits. Posh recognizes many of them from his varied classes, though he didn't get to know any of them as well as he'd liked.

He eye's the half-elf with adoration during the headmaster's speech. Looking back towards the man as he abruptly ends his oration. There were many times I was spared hunger by her. Hmm...I wonder what the issue is? I'm not the most observant, but even I noticed the change in tone there... Poor man. I must do my part to lighten the mood!

The gnome immediately breaks into a little dance. Swaying to and fro with as much grace as possible in this crowd, he makes his way over to the servers. Gleefully he shouts "Give me a try at this elixir of yours!"

Perform (Dance): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Magickz Mix: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Holding up his glass of the brew he watches as a human downs one, immediately shrinking down to his size. Giggling at the sight, he downs his in one gulp, eager to see the results.


Sorcerer 4 | HP: 19/27| AC: 14 (14 Touch, 12 Flatfooted, 18 w/Mage Armor) | CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Reflex: +4, Will: +7 | Init: +4 | Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +2

Know Noble: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Know Local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Lily enters the ballroom, and is not as impressed as many of the recruits who have not seen such decor before. It was nice, but she was used to this sort of event. She listened earnestly to the Headmaster's words, though she was not looking at him as he spoke. Her gaze was set on the two others behind him. She watched them as he spoke, curious as to their demeanor. Upon the man whispering to the Headmaster, she grins slightly. I wonder if whatever he mentioned to the Headmaster will be part of our first assignments...

As the Headmaster rushed off and the people began to celebrate, she walked towards the refreshment table. She skips over the special drink, knowing that it was no more than a fun party drink. When Serill mentions how this idea is novel, she smirks. Once he finishes, she walks up to him. "I couldn't have said it better myself, though I am not one for experimentations." She looks at him, extending her hand. "I don't believe we've met. Lily, and you are?"


Male Elf Wizard 5 | Neutral | Hitpoints 56/56 | Armour Class 24[28] Touch 19 Flat Footed 15[19] CMD 24 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +9 Will +8 | Perception +18 Initiative +16 |

"Yes. All this time training and I haven't met everyone, and some that I did know are not here. Serill." He takes her hand holding it for a moment before letting go with a curious look. "What do you have against satisfying one's curiosity and desire for knowledge with experimentation miss Lily?"


Magickz mix 15- posh, your skin takes a sparkly tone to it as if it's made up of tiny crystals. You also randomly let off the equivalent of a mini firework every so often save it's purely light so it causes no damage.


Anduriel Silverthorn

The ceremony was everything she could possibly have hoped it would be and more.While it would have been much more fun to wear a gown or something that that for it, the formality made sense, and despite the stiffness of the parade uniforms, Andi felt great pride in being here.

All around she sees her fellow graduates, the ones who'd all made it, flashing a smile here and there, waving to those she knew better than the others, until the Headmaster's booming voice draws everyone's attention.

He looked almost royal in his dress uniform, his magnificence only eclipsed by the jaw-dropping presence of High Cleric Mia.

'She must be incredibly skilled at maintaining her privacy because there's no way someone like her doesn't have a lover somewhere'

Eventually her gaze moves on to Daniel. She could understand the difficulty of having a huge shadow cast by a parent, the fact that hr mother couldn't be here today because of some major project at the Academy was a stark reminder of that. She wondered if he would try to step out of his father's shadow one day be leaving the Order, much in the way she joined the Order and focused on combat magic to leave the academic world dominated by her mothers legendary brilliance.

Knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Somewhere in the course of her train of thought she'd missed something and Headmaster Alaryn was excusing them to mingle and celebrate. Immediately her attention zeroed in on the magic drink and it's random effects. Why not celebrate the beginning of a grand new adventure with a fun mini one? Eagerly she finds a server bearing the mystical concoction.

Magickz Mix: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Sorcerer 4 | HP: 19/27| AC: 14 (14 Touch, 12 Flatfooted, 18 w/Mage Armor) | CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Reflex: +4, Will: +7 | Init: +4 | Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +2

"A desire for knowledge that is already known and knowledge that has yet to be found are two very different things. I do enjoy research from time, but experimentation bores me. Being stuck in a library or a lab for the rest of my days is not what I plan on doing." She looks around the room again at all the people enjoying the festivities, and then she turns her attention back to Serill. "How about you?"


local untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Glad to be done with this chapter and ready to move on to the next, Rols heads for the food as he enters the hall.

Almost as soon as Headmaster Alaryn begins speaking Rols finds his gaze drifting over to Mia the head cleric that he admired for her efforts to help people and she's not hard on the eyes either.

"I wonder what our children would look like" he muttered to himself a little louder than he intended judging by a few glances and smirks he received. Luckily at that moment Headmaster Alaryn was interrupted which drew all eyes back to him.

Once the Headmaster was finished Rols decided to test his luck with the strange cocktail.
Magick mix: 1d20 ⇒ 13


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +3; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/5 | Spells 1st: 1/4 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

"Who'da thought bathtub gin
could give such skin?
Trained to the brink
Now we drink.
May the 'morrow bring chagrin!"

Hollers the gnome as he gleefully inspects his new appearance. Glancing towards the shrunken human, he remarks "'Ello short stuff. I'm Posh. You're one of them diviners, right?"

Reaching for an ale, he notes the large half-orc approaching. As another ray of light shoots off him, he grins. "Fancy a try?"


Anduriel- 8 (ooooo)

Spoiler:

1-wolf
2-cat
3-fox
4-dog
5-racoon

1d5 ⇒ 5

As you drink you feel your ears grow more rounded, and fury, your nose elongates slightly and whiskers grow from it. You also suddenly realize you feel new muscles in form of a tail swishing behind you. (At least it wasn't an 18)

Rols- 13- you grow by half your size ( same effect as 3, except opposite. So increase your height and weight by half its original. For reference the ceiling is about equal in height to 3 1/2 stories tall.)


Rols is now a towering near ten feet tall.
"Mmmmm. This could be problematic"


Male Elf Wizard 5 | Neutral | Hitpoints 56/56 | Armour Class 24[28] Touch 19 Flat Footed 15[19] CMD 24 | Fortitude +6 Reflex +9 Will +8 | Perception +18 Initiative +16 |

"If I planned to stay indoors all my life I would go to the academy in Valen instead of being here in the Order." He returns, then takes another drink from his glass, pausing for a moment to swirl the liquid around. "Tell me, is this your first trial? I heard you can come back if you fail." He lifts his eyebrows as the half-orc grows larger. So many different effects. A new oddity everywhere I look.

Can I use my Spellcraft or Knowledge Arcana +12 to try and guess at the spells used to create the various effects? Take 10 for a 22.


Male Probably human Computer Scientist 1/ Character Synthesizer 20/ Crazy 99

"Interesting flavor," Dalen muses before realizing something is very wrong with his voice. With a sigh, he turns his gaze to Elaina.

"Now, you wouldn't happen to know why I sound like a small girl, would you," he asks as he begins to gently lead Elaina to the magic drinks where more and more people gathered. "It would be terribly rude of you to pull a prank on your mentor just as he's officially becoming a knight you know."

Elaina can't help but giggle at the surreality hearing Dalen sound like a little girl, and it's only decorum that keeps her from breaking out into body shaking guffaws. She does manage to calm down a bit as they arrive at the magickz mix drinks and looks up to see Dalen grinning at her.

"Another one of those drinks for my squire here," Dalen tells the mage serving them. After getting a normal drink for himself, he turns to her and clinks his glass to hers.

"Cheers."

And with that, another participant at the party tries their luck.

Magickz Mix for Elaina: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Turning to the others, none of whom he recognizes he gives a bow and introduces himself.

"Sir Dalen Felder," he says in that high, squeaky voice, "at your service. And this young lady is Elaina Tirel, my squire."

Elaina gives a curtsey in the stiff dress to those gathered as the magic begins to work. Despite the possible discomfort of any transformations that may be happening, it's clear that she's used to neither the dress nor the formality of the occasion.


During the ceremony Lienhol stands at attention with the rest of the recruits. Though some are no more than children, he is well into adulthood, towering well over six feet while standing at attention. His uniform is slightly modified at his insistance. There is a small colored band worn on his right arm depicting his religious affilition. His other sleeve has been rolled up to accomodate for his brass arm, lest the cloth become caught up in the inner workings. Occasionally the soft sound of clicking and whirring is heard from the gears within.

After the ceremony he mingles with the other initiates, though he declines any offer of alcohol or other beverages.

Kn Local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Kn Nobility: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Eliana- 16, semi-flight

As Elaina is mid curstey her feet left off the ground and she starts floating upward. Rising steadily she, along with others begin to understand how this can be problematic. She if about 15ft in the air. She can control where she moves, and how with a DC 12 fly check, or DC 16 acrobatics(she would basically use the walls and other objects to direct herself). If successful, she finds she can go as low as 10ft, and as high as 30ft. Base movement speed on successful test.

@Serill you start making your best guesses to some of the strange effects, You easily surmise that the effects placed on Rols and Damari are clearly some form of the enlarge and reduce person spells, respectively. As for the crystal skin, you can't put your finger on it, but your best guess would be some form of illusory magic mixed with a small transmutation effect, if one at all. For the new racoon girl, you guess its likely some form of dilute poly-morph effect, that or an altered alter self effect. As for the couple of people now floating and or flying around the room you surmise its some mix of levitate and fly, as they seem to have a limited maximum and minimum height.


Sorcerer 4 | HP: 19/27| AC: 14 (14 Touch, 12 Flatfooted, 18 w/Mage Armor) | CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Reflex: +4, Will: +7 | Init: +4 | Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +2

"Then it seems we are of similar mind set." She watches as a few more recruits take drinks and have a weird effect happen to them. She stares for a moment at the glowing gnome, and then a glance at the almost 10 feet tall half-orc. She returns her attention to Serill. "This was my first attempt. I had quite the powerful and helpful mentor. My powers would not be as honed as they are now without his assistance."


Male Probably human Computer Scientist 1/ Character Synthesizer 20/ Crazy 99

Dalen just shakes his head as Elaina does her best to protect her modesty as she floats about ten feet in the air in a dress.

"Sir Dalen," she says in a nervous voice as her face becomes flushed with embarrassment, "please, get me down!"

"Sorry Elaina, but I am no mage. I'm afraid you're stuck like that for a while," he replies and causes the young tracker to whimper a little.


At hearing the poor squire whimper Rols attempts to reach out and grab her to keep her from floating away.
"Come hear little one, the ceiling is no place for a lady"


NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +3; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/5 | Spells 1st: 1/4 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

Grinning from ear to ear at all the different effects of the strange liquid, he glances up to the floating female.

"You're looking at it all wrong, m'lady. Have FUN with the gift you've been given! Cut loose." Posh proceeds to twirl in a circle, shooting lights in all directions. "This is a party!"

Turning to the dark headed female, "Grats ma'am. My first try too, though I admit...not sure how I made it m'self. Sure you won't try a drink?"


Male Probably human Computer Scientist 1/ Character Synthesizer 20/ Crazy 99

Elaina lets out a most unladylike squeak as Rols pulls her in.

"Besides that, it seems that that you've attracted the attention of a kind knight anyway," Dalen laughs.

"I didn't want to attract any attention at all," Elaina grumbles as she's held in place.

"Then let this be a lesson to you," Dalen says with a smirk, "don't prank your mentor unless you're prepared to suffer the consequences."


"I am Rols, nice to meet you. You must be quite the dancer being so light on your feet." Rols let out a laugh.


Male Probably human Computer Scientist 1/ Character Synthesizer 20/ Crazy 99

"E-Elaina, and that would have been funnier if I wasn't floating while wearing a dress," she answers meekly.

"A pleasure to meet you, Rols," says the six foot four inch man in the voice of a ten-year-old girl, "I am Dalen Felder, and the young lady, Elaina, is my squire. May I ask how you fared in the trials?"


Human Bard 3

Tordrek lumbers over to the refreshments table, nodding at a few other recruits as he passes. Serving himself a flagon of ale, he sees the debacle Dalen and Eliana were involved in and chuckles to himself. While obviously a dwarf, his face is bare and a long scar cuts across his jaw. He shifts uncomfortably in his uniform. "Gods, it's been too long since I felt the heft of my armor and the kick of my musket.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown-Fur Transmuter) | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +3; (+2 vs llusion, -2 Vs trap/hazards) | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 (-2 vs Surprise), SM: +0 | Speed 20ft/15ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/5 | Spells 1st: 1/4 | Active conditions: Medium Encumbrance.

A rather large gnome lumbering up to the table catches Posh's attention. Seeing his drink of choice, the luminescent bard speaks up.

"Friend! You must try one of these."

Taking a closer look as he tries handing him one of the special drinks, he blurts out "Wait! A dwarf? By golly, where's your beard?" Realizing his outburst may not be appreciated, all be it a tad too late, he sets the drink back down. "My apologize sir. No offense intended. Just I've never seen...well..."

"Nice to meet you."

I need to work on this whole talking before thinking thing...


Human Bard 3

Tordrek says in a deep, rumbling voice, No offense is taken, I have suffered through far worse. I believe I will stick with my ale, the frivolties of magic have not served me well. Nonetheless I thank you, and I say well met.


Brak-Ji

know. Local DC:10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Sense motive DC15:: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Glad that the ceremony is now over, Brak heads to get food. Finding his favorites, Brak quickly loads his plate full of them. While eating, Brak wonders to himself what may have caused the headmaster to end in such a manner.

Heading over to get a drink, Brak overhears a small portion of Lily's and Serill's conversation.

"Excuse me, I hope I am not interrupting anything. I notice you two are the few around that seem to not be partaking of this this strange drink. Do you know something about it that others are unaware of? My name is Brak by the way."


Fighter 2/Aristocrat 1 | hp 15/17 | AC18 T12 FF16 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20 | Init +2 | Perception +5

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 10

A tall blonde human woman, with bright green eyes, stood closer to the front of the crowd, dressed in parade attire with two katanas upon her hips. The hilts of each sword looked like a golden dragon's head with its mouth in a roar. The stamps on both sheaths set in gold is a katana crossed with a cherry blossom, the symbol for the massive military family, the Junos.

Artemis listened to the headmaster as he spoke though her eyes soon fell to his son.
Poor Daniel... I know your feelings...

When he finished his speech and left Artemis felt a bit of worry, though she quickly pushed it aside and turned her attention to her fellow soldiers. She made her way over to a small group with a woman floating in the air.

"This is why I stopped wearing dresses long ago, much to my mother's dismay." The woman spoke as she placed her hands upon her hips. "Also why I avoid the Magickz Mix." Artemis told them with a slight smirk.


Male Probably human Computer Scientist 1/ Character Synthesizer 20/ Crazy 99

"I didn't want to wear it, but they insisted," Elaina replies, "and this is kinda my punishment for tricking Sir Dalen."

The young woman mumbles that last bit as her cheeks redden a little more.

"Yes, they did, much to both our chagrins. I am Dalen Felder, and the embarrassed young woman is Elaina Tirel, my squire," the tall man with black hair and green eyes says in the voice of a young girl. "And she is correct about this being a punishment of sorts for tricking me into trying the drink first. I suppose it could have been worse."

Dalen smiles and shrugs before giving a small bow and an apology.

"Pardon me, milady, but would you care to grace me with your name?"


Sorcerer 4 | HP: 19/27| AC: 14 (14 Touch, 12 Flatfooted, 18 w/Mage Armor) | CMD: 16 | Fort: +4, Reflex: +4, Will: +7 | Init: +4 | Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +2

Lily turns to around when she hears someone speak towards her. She initially sees nothing until she looks down a bit to see a halfling. "You aren't interrupting all. We aren't partaking because if my intuition is correct we are both of the arcane persuasion. So we aren't as impressed with things like this." She turns to Serill. "I hope I didn't make any rash assumptions of you."

She grabs a normal drink and takes a sip. "Oh I forgot my manners." She extends her hand towards Brak. "Lily, pleasure to meet you."


Fighter 2/Aristocrat 1 | hp 15/17 | AC18 T12 FF16 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20 | Init +2 | Perception +5

Artemis covered her mouth as she tried not to laugh at the Dalen's voice. "I am Artemis Juno, Mr. Felder." She answered with a nod of respect to him before looking over to Elaina. "Punishment hmm? For offering him a drink? Well we all must take repercussions for our actions. Good news is it goes away in about an hour." She laughed a bit as she shook her head.

"Though if you like the taste of it now is the time to drink it, as the effect of another doesn't work till after an hour. My father told me that after mother made the mistake of trying one at a ball." She explained.


Well met, Dalen and Elaina. I fared fairly I believe." Rols smiles and nods, and how did you fare? Rols then turns to the tall blonde woman, "why avoid the special brew it seems to livening up events"


Male Probably human Computer Scientist 1/ Character Synthesizer 20/ Crazy 99

"A pleasure, Dame Artemis," Dalen says, "and it wasn't so much the drink as it was the presentation. I didn't know what I was drinking at the time. It isn't terrible, but it's not something that I would enjoy. Oh, and please don't be afraid to laugh. I have had much worse embarrassments and have survived them with good humor."

"Yeah," Elaina says meekly, "I tricked him, so I guess this is fair enough, if embarrassing."

She maintains a death grip on Rols's arm with one hand and keeps her dress over her curled up legs with the other.

"As for how I did, I think I fared well enough," Dalen says, turning his attention to Rols, "and given that Elaina has been put under my tutelage, someone apparently believes I did well enough to begins training a hopeful before things are even official." He nods to Elaina who is beginning to calm down from the initial embarrassment of her predicament.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You notice that as Rols helps Eliana, giving her the ability to regain some dignity and cover herself many of the younger male knights let out a sigh and look down. Seems more were taking notice than were thought.


Human Bard 3

Nodding cordially to the gnome in farewell, Tordrek walks heavily over to the group, saying to the large half-orc, I can't blame her for not wanting the magic brew, ale and the arcane should never be mixed. I can't remember meeting a half-orc such as yourself, and as such, well met stranger. I am Tordrek. Tordrek the Rusted.


Rols narrows his eyes and glares at the younger knights. Turning his attention back to the group, "Having no true culture of our own, half-orcs tend to be a reflection of their surroundings, how they are treated, and the individual choices they make. More so, I maybe so bold to claim, then other races. I, unlike most half-orcs, have two half-orc parents which gives me a different perspective than others, many of whom are abandoned and left to their own.

"I grew up in an Orc tribe while sometimes it was harsh through strength and cunning I was able to hold my own. I was trained to be a shaman, a brutal and dehumanizing ordeal. But I chose to leave that life in search of something better. And that, my brother, is what led me here

Rols clears his throat, "well that was a mouth full, who wants to dance?"


Anduriel Silverthorn

Feeling the shift on her face is at first alarming. Reaching into her belt pouch, Anduriel takes out a little mirror, her eyes widening at the raccoon-like modification of her features. Feeling the twitch at her backside, she reaches back, feeling a bushy tail under her tights, which had her erupting into a delighted laughter.

’If this wasn’t temporary I’d have issues with it though’ she thinks looking around to see the effects on other drinkers. The suddenly gigantic half orc draws her eyes up right into the line of sight of the rising girl in a dress. How come she got to wear a dress?
Looking at the laughing man next to her with the voice of a ten year old girl, she put together that she was probably with him, and that he was likely the graduate based on his being in uniform. Great legs though

Moving closer as she sees a group come together over the banter she grins. ”Ah so once an hour. That makes sense.” she says as she hears Artemis’ comment. She recognized her, then again pretty much everyone did, those swords were pretty spectacular.

I'm playing her low wisdom as a combination of recklessness (willing to try anything once), easily distracted and sometimes gets caught up in her thoughts.


Lienhol attempts to meet as many of the graduates as possible. Sowing the seeds of companionship was necessary for the longevity of the brotherhood.

Serill Elamaer:

Lienhol approaches the wizard and offers a greeting. Hoping to introduce himself he says "I am Lienhol, well met friend. Tell me, have you ever been in a hall so joyous and beautiful as this?"

Dalen Felder:

Lienhol bumps into the duo at some point during the evening and elects to make their acquaintance. "Good evening sir, and lady." he nods "I hope it finds you well. I've seen you together often throughout the night? Are you betrothed?"

Damari Wilder:

As the evening goes on Lienhol eventually bumps into Damari and decides to share exchange. "I saw you eating earlier! It is good to see one so full of life and vigor! The Brotherhood is lucky!"

Posh Nanjet:

Lienhol laughs at some of the gnomes antics "Haha! Well, it seems someone is excited to have completed the trials. Go on, enjoy yourself. You've earned it, no doubt."

Lily Frosthood:

Another face, another chance for Lienhol to make an impression "I hope the evening finds you well, lady. I am Lienhol, I am also graduation into the Brotherhood - though you may be able to tell as much from my dress. It is good to have so many others join us in the Order."

Anduriel Silverthorn:

"Ah, Anduriel, you and I have met once before. Do you recall?"

Rols:

Lienhol introduces himself to another comrade "How are you, sir? I spotted you after you had imbibed that concoction, though I have no doubt the rest of the room did as well! Perhaps they should be more careful with the tonics they mix, someone could have been hurt..."

Toldrek:

Lienhol spots the dwarf and, curious, decides to approach. "Good evening and well met, my name is Lienhol. Forgive me, but I can't have helped but notice your scar. It must have been a mighty wound indeed. Tell me, how did you come about it?"

Artemis Juno:

Lienhol approaches this woman later in the evening, though he has watched occasionaly throughout the night. "I am Lienhol, another graduate and new entry into the Brotherhood. As you can imagine, I come to lend arms as a warrior, and as such I must admit to some measure of curiosity as to your uniform. Pray tell, our weapons are so intricately designed. Are they merely for the sake of presence, or are they intended for battle as well?"


"I am well, and you sir?" Rols nods in acknowledgement of Lienhol, "I hope that didn't happen during the trials" gesturing to Lienhol brass arm.


Anduriel Silverthorn

Dreadguard Lienhol:
"Of course, how could I forget?" Anduriel responds to the towering man that other recruits had taken to calling 'Mr. Brass' when he wasn't in earshot. "There aren't too many of us that combine magic and swordplay as a singular style after all. Glad to see you made it too."


Rols wrote:
"I am well, and you sir?" Rols nods in acknowledgement of Lienhol, "I hope that didn't happen during the trials" gesturing to Lienhol brass arm.

Lienhol, glances down and chuckles. "Nay, 'tis a blessing to mend a mistake from long ago when I was not but a child. None make it through life unscathed, it seems, though I am lucky to bare my scars on the surface."


Anduriel Silverthorn wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

"Ha, good, a mind as sharp as ever I see! It is a delight to see you again, Ms. Silverthorn. Truly, I'd have come just to catch up, though fortune allows me to join this assembly as a graduate as well."


Human Cleric 4 | HP: 20/30 | AC 20/13/17 | F+5 R+4 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 (+5 in Surprise)| Channels 2/4 | Spells: 1st (3/3) 2nd (2/2) | Arrows (50) Blunt Arrows (10)

Demari is at first startled by the shrinking. The sudden shift of view, giving the feel of being lost in a forest of people. But soon he sees how people continue to chance the drink, and more people gathering to discuss in reference to it. He is actually quite pleased.

Demari laughs as he turns to the bar tending gnome, "Why sir, I must say that your ability to bring people together with a novelty drink quite magical."

Demari turns to Lienhol "It is vigor and life, which make a Crusader strong brother! As you know. Greetings, I am Demari Wilder, Cleric of Erastil. Am I correct in thinking you are a champion of your faith? Ragathiel..."

Demari seeing the ceiling move realizes, it's a person. "Well, looks like someone lucked out on this magic brew. Well met large lad! ", he says to Rols in a cheers with a fresh tankard of ale.

Bringing his sight back down, he spys a very apologetic gnome and genial dwarf...at eye level. "I quite agree with you Tordak the Rusted. Can't say mage's brew would be my first choice after a hard day. But it is offering an interesting change of perspective."


Damari Wilder wrote:
Demari turns to Lienhol "It is vigor and life, which make a Crusader strong brother! As you know. Greetings, I am Demari Wilder, Cleric of Erastil. Am I correct in thinking you are a champion of your faith? Ragathiel..."

Lienhol pats the man firmly on the back "You are quiet perceptive, Demari, though I'm afraid you are in er. I belong to the Red Queen, though am often mistook for a follower of Ragathiel."

1 to 50 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Inn of meta-knowledge and what-not All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.