Precon games for 2017


PaizoCon General Discussion

301 to 350 of 363 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

MisterSlanky wrote:

Following Walter's lead on format (since it's good):

I am running a session of 8-01 Portent's Peril (1-5) on Thursday May 25th from 1-6 PM.

I have the following two players:
1. Leg 'o Lamb
2. Keith A.
3. Jeremy P.

Still need one more, room for three!

I'm down to play if you'll have me. Any word on how much xp this gives. Mad quest for xp before Monday so I can qualify for my game. Still looking to play though


Aeolus Wind King wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:

Following Walter's lead on format (since it's good):

I am running a session of 8-01 Portent's Peril (1-5) on Thursday May 25th from 1-6 PM.

I have the following two players:
1. Leg 'o Lamb
2. Keith A.
3. Jeremy P.

Still need one more, room for three!

I'm down to play if you'll have me. Any word on how much xp this gives. Mad quest for xp before Monday so I can qualify for my game. Still looking to play though

This is a PFS scenario, which always gives 1 XP (unless you're playing slow track, which is clearly not what you have in mind). Modules give 3 XP.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
Aeolus Wind King wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:

Following Walter's lead on format (since it's good):

I am running a session of 8-01 Portent's Peril (1-5) on Thursday May 25th from 1-6 PM.

I'm down to play if you'll have me. Any word on how much xp this gives. Mad quest for xp before Monday so I can qualify for my game. Still looking to play though

Link to sign up is the same one that was in the post (and has been going around elsewhere).


MisterSlanky wrote:
Aeolus Wind King wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:

Following Walter's lead on format (since it's good):

I am running a session of 8-01 Portent's Peril (1-5) on Thursday May 25th from 1-6 PM.

I'm down to play if you'll have me. Any word on how much xp this gives. Mad quest for xp before Monday so I can qualify for my game. Still looking to play though
Link to sign up is the same one that was in the post (and has been going around elsewhere).

Signed up and good to go. Are these precon games taking place in the same hotel or another location?

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Aeolus Wind King wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:
Aeolus Wind King wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:

Following Walter's lead on format (since it's good):

I am running a session of 8-01 Portent's Peril (1-5) on Thursday May 25th from 1-6 PM.

I'm down to play if you'll have me. Any word on how much xp this gives. Mad quest for xp before Monday so I can qualify for my game. Still looking to play though
Link to sign up is the same one that was in the post (and has been going around elsewhere).
Signed up and good to go. Are these precon games taking place in the same hotel or another location?

Same hotel


Awesome. Still need a game Friday evening, and sunday evening. Anyone else have anything planned that could take on another?

Put myself on for 0-17:Perils of the Pirate Pact for Thursday evening so that's set. Plus pirates are cool. See im.playing with W E Ray as well. Hopefully you don't carry me too much

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Aeolus Wind King wrote:

Awesome. Still need a game Friday evening, and sunday evening. Anyone else have anything planned that could take on another?

Put myself on for 0-17:Perils of the Pirate Pact for Thursday evening so that's set. Plus pirates are cool. See im.playing with W E Ray as well. Hopefully you don't carry me too much

Friday night still has a bunch of slots open. Sunday night is the special, but it is technically full, though I would expect you'd be able to get in.


Silbeg wrote:
Aeolus Wind King wrote:

Awesome. Still need a game Friday evening, and sunday evening. Anyone else have anything planned that could take on another?

Put myself on for 0-17:Perils of the Pirate Pact for Thursday evening so that's set. Plus pirates are cool. See im.playing with W E Ray as well. Hopefully you don't carry me too much

Friday night still has a bunch of slots open. Sunday night is the special, but it is technically full, though I would expect you'd be able to get in.

What's open Friday that I can get credit as a lvl 1 playing? Sorry to ask but I've been combing through and I think I'm just blind


Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Is anyone planning anything Monday night? I know the con is officially over by then, but I don't check out of the hotel until Tuesday . . .

Grand Lodge

It looks as though most people are leaving it open so that they can plan something during PaizoCon. In this Thread TheHeadCase asked about nice seafood restaurants -- which is one of the things on this planet I love most -- and RyanH recommended Chinooks. I threw out the idea of considering going out to Chinooks Monday evening but leaving it still pretty much in the air. (Maybe we're all hoping Baur, Mona, Jacobs and Lisa Stevens invites us to one of their favorite restaurants or something.) Ultimately, I think we can each make tentative plans or suggest ideas, but we're going to play it by ear.

Grand Lodge

W E Ray wrote:
It looks as though most people are leaving it open so that they can plan something during PaizoCon. In this Thread TheHeadCase asked about nice seafood restaurants -- which is one of the things on this planet I love most -- and RyanH recommended Chinooks. I threw out the idea of considering going out to Chinooks Monday evening but leaving it still pretty much in the air. (Maybe we're all hoping Baur, Mona, Jacobs and Lisa Stevens invites us to one of their favorite restaurants or something.) Ultimately, I think we can each make tentative plans or suggest ideas, but we're going to play it by ear.

I forgot you posted that about Chinooks... certainly a possibility.

Liberty's Edge

Starfinder Superscriber

So, I'm gonna have come having prepped more PFS scenarios than I can run. (I'm a floater GM.)

This means that Monday night, after Elizabeth Corrigan's "Treacherous Waves" game, I could potentially run any of:


  • The Green Market
  • The Confirmation
  • Honor's Echo
  • Ungrounded but Unbroken
  • From the Tome of Righteous Repose
  • Forged in Flame I: The Sandstorm Prophecy
  • Forged in Flame II: Cleansed with Fire

Grand Lodge

Rob Knop, TheHeadCase, RyanH, Jhaeman -- How about we go to Chinooks and play "Forged in Flame p2: Cleansed with Fire"?! I'll invite Erik Mona, Wolfgang Baur, James Jacobs, Greg Vaughan, Mark Moreland and Lisa Stevens to join us. Oh, and Todd Stewart, Paris Crenshaw, Marc Radle, DM Khel, Jessica Redekop, Majuba, TOZ (I think his name is "Jon."), Silbeg, Leg o' Lamb, Connor, Tineke, Hmm, um, who else? We'll have a big group, yes?

;)


W E Ray wrote:

Rob Knop, TheHeadCase, RyanH, Jhaeman -- How about we go to Chinooks and play "Forged in Flame p2: Cleansed with Fire"?! I'll invite Erik Mona, Wolfgang Baur, James Jacobs, Greg Vaughan, Mark Moreland and Lisa Stevens to join us. Oh, and Todd Stewart, Paris Crenshaw, Marc Radle, DM Khel, Jessica Redekop, Majuba, TOZ (I think his name is "Jon."), Silbeg, Leg o' Lamb, Connor, Tineke, Hmm, um, who else? We'll have a big group, yes?

;)

I'm down as long as the wife is up to go. Love me some seafood

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
W E Ray wrote:

Rob Knop, TheHeadCase, RyanH, Jhaeman -- How about we go to Chinooks and play "Forged in Flame p2: Cleansed with Fire"?! I'll invite Erik Mona, Wolfgang Baur, James Jacobs, Greg Vaughan, Mark Moreland and Lisa Stevens to join us. Oh, and Todd Stewart, Paris Crenshaw, Marc Radle, DM Khel, Jessica Redekop, Majuba, TOZ (I think his name is "Jon."), Silbeg, Leg o' Lamb, Connor, Tineke, Hmm, um, who else? We'll have a big group, yes?

;)

Off by a name or two.

TOZ will not be in attendance as he is busy with his local con the same weekend.

Grand Lodge

Heh... it'll be a PaizoCon invasion of Chinooks!

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

I have nothing planned for monday evening. I'll leave it as 'tentative' as I might drop into a coma after GMing that afternoon ;)


Not to put a damper, but be aware Chinook's (at Salmon Bay) is about 40 minutes by car, 90+ minutes by transit, from the hotel. {perhaps a new thread for "Monday Night Bash" locations?}

BTW - GMs, PLEASE HAVE REPORTING SHEETS SO THESE GAMES CAN BE RECORDED! PaizoCon staff has been good about reporting the extra games in the past, but games after the Con will need another event code.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

I will be around Monday - we'll see how much more of ya'll I can handle (or vice versa).


Got another game set up for Saturday afternoon, 1-6 PM, DM Feral running #8-14: To Seal the Shadow. More details and Warhorn link here.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Starfinder Maps Subscriber
W E Ray wrote:

Rob Knop, TheHeadCase, RyanH, Jhaeman -- How about we go to Chinooks and play "Forged in Flame p2: Cleansed with Fire"?! I'll invite Erik Mona, Wolfgang Baur, James Jacobs, Greg Vaughan, Mark Moreland and Lisa Stevens to join us. Oh, and Todd Stewart, Paris Crenshaw, Marc Radle, DM Khel, Jessica Redekop, Majuba, TOZ (I think his name is "Jon."), Silbeg, Leg o' Lamb, Connor, Tineke, Hmm, um, who else? We'll have a big group, yes?

;)

That would be a very big group but I'm honored to be listed in such august company.

I am interested in some fun outing on Monday night. Yes, we could still play. But I'd also like to see a little of Seattle...

Hmm


RyanH wrote:
How deadly is Bonekeep? I have a six that could play, but I don't want to die!

lol... well, as a GM BKp1 was a challenge and BKp2 I was steamrolled. It depends on the party makeup and coordination/cooperation.

I would advise against pregenerated characters unless core roles/skill sets are not in the party.
6 party members are better than 4 as you cover more abilities and skills vs more of the same HD in monsters.

As far as me not being a killer GM, lol, I follow the rules as this is PFS. PFS is a simple game with generally conservative decisions where we play for fun. There is some interpretation in there as PF rules have some grey area and you should trust your GM to make fair decisions; such as songbirds get a 1 pt peck attack and scrolls fit in spring leaded wrist sheaths (even before the stated decision). Sometimes roleplaying takes a backseat to the rules (consternated face.. 8^/) due to time constraints and PFS criteria of running them as written. I had a party escape a TPK as the oracle I had forcewalled apart from the party(only healer in the group) had Stoneshape. She had to do it twice as once only let the halfing rogue escape the room...
I did start PFS Items that can save you thread so I do try and help and treating good items as secrets is cliquish. I'd suggest an;
* Aegis of Recovery,
* Wands of Cure Light Wounds and Infernal Healing
* (2) pot of CLW, antiplague, antitoxin, sooth syrup
* holy water, alch. fire, etc.
* various scrolls including Lsr Restoration, Energy Resistance (usual assortment), etc.
* Cloak of resistance
* Ring of protection
* First Aid Gloves

Some scenarios are tougher than others and these are intentionally difficult in an old style (D&D) crawl with some tricks.

I generally run wizards so I am rather familiar with spells and how they work... probably weak point is fighter builds. Luckily they are pretty straight forward and Feat based.
I do enjoy K Baird's scenarios and Thursty's. Different styles and approaches to what makes a good game.

Grand Lodge

@majuba

FYI, I'm in your Thursday Pirates Peril game at 6:30. Just FYI, I'm leaving La Conner (50+ miles north of Seattle) at 2:30, need to drive to University Place in Tacoma, and then back to SeaTac.

Google maps suggests this is a 2.5 hour trip, but with traffic it could be 30. If you PM me a number, I could let you know if I instead am going to spend my evening on the freeway...

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well we are on the train and well past Fargo, so far no delays that I'm aware of. Looks like All for Immortality is a go!

Grand Lodge

Tallow wrote:
Well we are on the train and well past Fargo, so far no delays that I'm aware of. Looks like All for Immortality is a go!

Shackles all for immortality.

Sovereign Court

Ill be there andrew

The Exchange

waltero wrote:

I put the Doom Comes to Dustpawn sessions (1-6 and 6:30-11:30) up on warhorn. Sign up for both.

I already have 2 people travelling with me (BrettC and JamesH) who are going to play so I only put 4 open player slots on the warhorn.

Walter

Hi Walter.

Where are we meeting to play Doom Comes to Dustpawn?

Scarab Sages

And the train has landed!


In the hotel. Where the hell am I going?


Running behind on packing - may be up to 30 min late for the game (fingers crossed).


arrived

Scarab Sages

Currently eating lunch. We will need to find a random place to play as the ballroom isn't open.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

House of harmonius wisdom is a go!

Silver Crusade

Do we have a location for All for Immortality?


SO and I are here at the DoubleTree. If anyone wants to meet up and play anything, let me know. Neither of us are PFS players, but otherwise up for whatever.


Wherever Tallow is, that'd be where All for Immortality would be. I'm currently wandering around looking for him.


Eliandra Giltessan wrote:
Do we have a location for All for Immortality?

We are in Evergreen 2, up from stairs near registration (second on the right).

This is where Perils of the Pirate Pact will be.


Davic The Grey wrote:
SO and I are here at the DoubleTree. If anyone wants to meet up and play anything, let me know. Neither of us are PFS players, but otherwise up for whatever.

I've got some random games and am chilling across from the coffee bar. I'm wearing a red shirt.


Where is the warhorn bonekeep 1 game on Saturday afternoon running? First time here so not sure where these games are happening

Grand Lodge

Ran into Majuba and he is running behind. The PFS 0-17: Perils of the Pirate Pact game at 6:30 will be at 7:30.


Hey where is everyone meeting for Perils of the Pirate Pack at 6:30 (now read as 7:30)?

Dark Archive

Any word on the doom comes to dustpan? I'm waiting by restaurant. Been here for a bit.

Grand Lodge

huntsfromshadow wrote:
Hey where is everyone meeting for Perils of the Pirate Pack at 6:30 (now read as 7:30)?

Hey hunts. We're meeting in evergreen 2. Second level.


Gary Pepper wrote:
huntsfromshadow wrote:
Hey where is everyone meeting for Perils of the Pirate Pack at 6:30 (now read as 7:30)?
Hey hunts. We're meeting in evergreen 2. Second level.

Works.

We are down at the coffe shop we'll head up when we get closer to 7:30

Dark Archive

Looks like the doom comes to dustpawn is a bust, for me at least. Headed out unless there is an open chair at one of the other games?

Scarab Sages

AfI, p2 is in Evergreen 2


Any word on where bonekeep 1 GMed by Stephen Ross is happening at 1pm today?


callmedoug wrote:
Any word on where bonekeep 1 GMed by Stephen Ross is happening at 1pm today?

Sorry to Stephen and others but with no information on the location and no way to get ahold of anyone we are dropping the game.

We tried to find you guys but randomly walking around didn't achieve anything


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
callmedoug wrote:
callmedoug wrote:
Any word on where bonekeep 1 GMed by Stephen Ross is happening at 1pm today?

Sorry to Stephen and others but with no information on the location and no way to get ahold of anyone we are dropping the game.

We tried to find you guys but randomly walking around didn't achieve anything

we are here on cascade rooms. Lets play bonekeep. 4 of

us are in contact


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

My Refugees of the Weary Sky game on Sunday will be in the Cascade area right above the main PFS hall. It's where most of the Open Gaming has been this weekend.

301 to 350 of 363 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / PaizoCon / General Discussion / Precon games for 2017 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.