GO VOTE!


Off-Topic Discussions

151 to 200 of 231 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Kryzbyn wrote:

Yep. Nebraska didn't split this time. All 4 electoral votes for Trump.

We split in both elections for Obama, iirc.
Also looks like the incumbent Democrat congressman is losing his seat.

...

Nebraska has 5 electoral votes. And Clinton is up by 8% in Douglas County. NE-2 might still go blue.

And Romney carried the district in 2012.

Like, are you trolling me right now?


is it me or is this down to michigan? A state where his demographic is turning out in higher numbers than the pollsters expected?


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Kullen wrote:
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
As my personal rule, I do not vote for anyone running unopposed.
Like Hillary, for example?

Idiocracy =/= unopposed.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
KingOfAnything wrote:
Kryzbyn wrote:

Yep. Nebraska didn't split this time. All 4 electoral votes for Trump.

We split in both elections for Obama, iirc.
Also looks like the incumbent Democrat congressman is losing his seat.

...

Nebraska has 5 electoral votes. And Clinton is up by 8% in Douglas County. NE-2 might still go blue.

And Romney carried the district in 2012.

Like, are you trolling me right now?

No, man. At the time I posted that, that's what the numbers said.

It went back towards Hills and Ashford, and now it looks like both have swung back to Trump and Bacon.

But you're right about the 5 votes...of which it looks like Trump may get all of them.

I can't believe he won Iowa. That is mindboggling.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Well, that's it then.
President-elect Donald Trump.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Hope he enjoys divesting himself of all his investments while he's in office.

Hope those books are all in order.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

You mean giving it all to Ivanka or Eric? I'm sure it won't be that painful.


Yep, plus it means he might have to do something other than pretend fire people.

Scarab Sages

5 people marked this as a favorite.

For 14 years now, I've been stuck living somewhere I hate. Now we are finally making plans to move somewhere better. Australia is the top candidate for the moment.

But dear gods - I didn't want this to be the reason.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Part of me would move there. But this is my home, for better or for worse.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who voted. I may not agree with who we will have in office, but I am glad you voted.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


Hope he enjoys divesting himself of all his investments while he's in office.

Hope those books are all in order.

Why? He wasn't planning on it. He's just going to let his kids do the active running of his businesses. No one will care.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I don't think there is an actual law saying he has to divest investments? It's just the decent thing that all elected presidents have done of late.

Given that Trump has ignored those gentlemen agreements the entire election why suspect he would honor them now?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

:D


8 people marked this as a favorite.

I woke up this morning a strange mix of angry, fearful, and outright ashamed for my country. That has never happened with any election for me previously.

My best hope now is that there is so much infighting between Trump and the Republicans that not much gets done. And a lot of the crap he wants to do ends up being so unfeasible he abandons the effort.


Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Again??!!

Silver Crusade

Syrus Terrigan wrote:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Again??!!

Charlie Foxtrot.

Over.


Roger-Wilco.

God help us all.

I'm telling ya -- Ares I.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Oscar Mike Foxtrot Golf Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Sierra November Alfa Foxtrot Uniform, Aye!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, the people voted. That's all I can really say.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Indeed.

And we can't argue with results, even if they aren't the ones we'd like.

Each election cycle tells the entire story of our country, with minimal variations on theme but gains in the extreme.

I just hope a bunch of people didn't vote specifically to see an allegedly monied man of one complexion tell another man of a darker complexion "YOU'RE FIRED!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, I for one am interested in seeing how things play out. For the last 8 years, Republicans have said, "WE can fix the country! It's the president's fault!"

For the next 2 years (at least), we're going to have a Republican President, House, Senate, and Supreme Court. They hold ALL the marbles.

I don't believe in their policies. I don't believe they will work.

But they won a clear mandate to try them, and I can only sit back and hope that they actually DO something, rather than spend their time trying to legislate exactly who can use which bathroom, which prayers are acceptable in school and which aren't, and so forth.

Crossing my fingers and hoping they accomplish something positive for the country, rather than focusing on legislating morality and returning the country to that oh-so-wonderful late 19th century free market capitalism that was so good for the common man...

EDIT: One of the fathers of my kids' group is quite active in the "Libertarian Island" idea of creating a "regulation-free" island where businesses are unhindered by government interference. So far he has been unable to address my question: "Exactly how long do you think it will be on such an island before companies build slave-driven factories, because slave labor is cheaper than any other kind, and the 'all knowing consumer' who's supposed to avoid buying such products has been proven to be a nonexistent entity?"

Grand Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber

I'm going to hope that, like the fears of gun-grabbing and the like, Trump doesn't do all the horrible things people claim he will do. The downside being he was the one making some of those claims.

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm hurting. :(

Silver Crusade

*hugs Jiggy*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This is what the electoral college was made for.

Angry old white people rule.


A highly regarded expert wrote:
This is what the electoral college was made for.

Not gonna happen.

The country would go up in flames.


TriOmegaZero wrote:
I'm going to hope that, like the fears of gun-grabbing and the like, Trump doesn't do all the horrible things people claim he will do. The downside being he was the one making some of those claims.

Oh come on. When was the last time a President, Democrat or Republican, actually followed through on a substantial number of their campaign promises? :P

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber
Norman Osborne wrote:
Oh come on. When was the last time a President, Democrat or Republican, actually followed through on a substantial number of their campaign promises? :P

Obama?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Jiggy wrote:
I'm hurting. :(

ladies and gentlemen, jiggy and I disagree on just about everything game wise. But today, we mourn together.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Norman Osborne wrote:
Oh come on. When was the last time a President, Democrat or Republican, actually followed through on a substantial number of their campaign promises? :P
Obama?

From 2012: WaPo "Presidents keep their campaign promises"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Norman Osborne wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
I'm going to hope that, like the fears of gun-grabbing and the like, Trump doesn't do all the horrible things people claim he will do. The downside being he was the one making some of those claims.
Oh come on. When was the last time a President, Democrat or Republican, actually followed through on a substantial number of their campaign promises? :P

It's generally safest to not believe the ones you like and expect him to follow through on the ones you don't.

Besides, I'm sure Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell have a pile of bills all ready to go. Starting by undoing everything Obama did in 8 years.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

HIllary couldn't keep enough of the black or hispanic votes to win. The swing states were decided by independants. I think the "angry old white people" rhetoric doesn't fit here.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Kryzbyn wrote:
HIllary couldn't keep enough of the black or hispanic votes to win. The swing states were decided by independants. I think the "angry old white people" rhetoric doesn't fit here.

we disagree here.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

That's ok, and I am truly sorry you and Jiggy are hurting this morning :(

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32, RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kryzbyn wrote:
HIllary couldn't keep enough of the black or hispanic votes to win. The swing states were decided by independants. I think the "angry old white people" rhetoric doesn't fit here.

Indeed, Trump out-performed Mitt Romney in terms of the black AND Hispanic vote. If the "angry white people" couldn't mobilize to keep Obama out of the White House, there's obviously something else in play here.

Protip: Don't listen to the "experts" who thought Trump had no chance of winning, to figure out how he won. They clearly don't understand the forces at work here.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
RainyDayNinja wrote:
Kryzbyn wrote:
HIllary couldn't keep enough of the black or hispanic votes to win. The swing states were decided by independants. I think the "angry old white people" rhetoric doesn't fit here.

Indeed, Trump out-performed Mitt Romney in terms of the black AND Hispanic vote. If the "angry white people" couldn't mobilize to keep Obama out of the White House, there's obviously something else in play here.

Protip: Don't listen to the "experts" who thought Trump had no chance of winning, to figure out how he won. They clearly don't understand the forces at work here.

Didn't the experts say Brexit couldn't happen?


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
RainyDayNinja wrote:
Protip: Don't listen to the "experts" who thought Trump had no chance of winning, to figure out how he won. They clearly don't understand the forces at work here.

100% this. No one expected this to happen, and the people who should be reliable in these matters didn't see this coming either. I'm not happy Trump won, but to be honest I'm glad Hillary lost. The DNC gambled by playing favorites, and had Bernie been the nominee, would have won, I believe. It would have been easier to get centrist Dems to vote for Bernie than (apparently) it was to get the more leftist Dems to vote for Clinton.

People will be trying to figure this whole thing out for years.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The good news is that Hillary probably won't try to run again. She has the charisma of a dwarf fighter.

White, rural, low-information Americans have been fed a steady diet of anti-Clinton hate for almost 30 years. She never had a chance with them, and you need at least some of them to win.

More white women voted for Trump than for Hillary. That's how hated she is.

Next time, maybe the Dems will wise up and run someone who could have won walking away, like Bernie would have.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
A highly regarded expert wrote:
Next time, maybe the Dems will wise up and run someone who could have won walking away, like Bernie would have.

I'm hoping for Elizabeth Warren.

Frankly, I think she could have won in a blowout this year if she had been willing to 'disrespect' Hillary like that.

On the other hand... if the Dems decide Trump had the right idea and nominate Kanye West then I'm done. I'm giving up on the human race and moving to the wilderness.

Silver Crusade

CBDunkerson wrote:
A highly regarded expert wrote:
Next time, maybe the Dems will wise up and run someone who could have won walking away, like Bernie would have.

I'm hoping for Elizabeth Warren.

Frankly, I think she could have won in a blowout this year if she had been willing to 'disrespect' Hillary like that.

On the other hand... if the Dems decide Trump had the right idea and nominate Kanye West then I'm done. I'm giving up on the human race and moving to the wilderness.

What about John Oliver?

151 to 200 of 231 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / GO VOTE! All Messageboards