What's your party for Mummy's Mask?


Rules Questions and Gameplay Discussion

51 to 63 of 63 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

As much as I love Damiel, I couldn't bring myself to include him in my initial run through the game.

For whatever reason, this version of the character didn't seem as interesting as the other Dex/Ranged characters in the set (specifically, Simoun and Yoon). Ditto Ezren and Alahazra (characters I also love).

I think part of it has to do with the relatively recent releases of the Alchemist and Oracle class decks and the fact that I personally find the class deck iterations of the characters to be more interesting than the ones that appear in Mummy's Mask.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber
Brother Tyler wrote:
My wife and I are playing Estra and Zadim (my wife) and Ahmotep and Mavaro (me). Our first run through any base set is always limited to characters from that base set, including the character add-on deck.

That's pretty much what we do, too.

For MM my wife is playing Drelm and Amhotep, while I'm playing Mavaro and Alahazra

Silver Crusade

JohnF wrote:
Brother Tyler wrote:
My wife and I are playing Estra and Zadim (my wife) and Ahmotep and Mavaro (me). Our first run through any base set is always limited to characters from that base set, including the character add-on deck.

That's pretty much what we do, too.

For MM my wife is playing Drelm and Amhotep, while I'm playing Mavaro and Alahazra

We decided to play homebrew characters this time around, and while that's fun, I kind of wish we'd limited ourselves to the box characters first time around. There are so many little tricks in MM that the box characters help out with, and I feel like I'm not getting the full experience of the set. But I'll just make my group play it again with box characters. Okay, Rebel? ;-)


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Eliandra Giltessan wrote:
JohnF wrote:
Brother Tyler wrote:
My wife and I are playing Estra and Zadim (my wife) and Ahmotep and Mavaro (me). Our first run through any base set is always limited to characters from that base set, including the character add-on deck.

That's pretty much what we do, too.

For MM my wife is playing Drelm and Amhotep, while I'm playing Mavaro and Alahazra
We decided to play homebrew characters this time around, and while that's fun, I kind of wish we'd limited ourselves to the box characters first time around. There are so many little tricks in MM that the box characters help out with, and I feel like I'm not getting the full experience of the set. But I'll just make my group play it again with box characters. Okay, Rebel? ;-)

We played Homebrews in WotR, since that was our first full AP in the RPG, and still our favorite. Also, I think WotR was a better AP for Homebrews, since it's heavy combat focus is easier to build around sight-unseen than the crazy trap & precision based MM.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

My group of three started with Ezren (me), Yoon, and Estra. My friend who was playing Yoon didn't like any of her roles so he started over with Damiel. I grabbed Drelm to play along with him as he leveled up Damiel. When deck 4 arrives it'll be Ezren, Estra, and Damiel going forward.


Gods I've waffled SO much this time trying to get my perfect trio together for solo play. I credit the dev team for making so many compelling characters that I want to play them all!

I even entertained going with 4-5-or 6 characters, but I tried it with Wrath and it gets too diluted playing that many solo. 3 is the sweet spot IMO.

Anyway, after playing the Basic adventures way too many times I've decided to move forward with Ahmotep, Simoun, and Alahazra.

Ahmotep is a must, I LOVE this iteration of the Magus. Simoun is my favorite of the disable types, but I really struggled on the third slot. I would prefer Zadim or Yoon but I feel like a big part of the coolness of MM would be missed without having an explorer on the team (I know Zadim scouts a tad but it doesn't scratch the exploration itch like Estra or Alahazra can).

This is definitely the best Pathfinder ACG pack yet. :)


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Unlike previous sets, none of the characters demanded I play them. Drelm was the closest, because I'm naturally drawn to heavy armor and weapon users (perhaps enhanced because my second play of Skull & Shackles has stalled while I was playing Oloch).

For my second, I considered both the elementalist and slayer, but opted for Simoun (having Valeros as my original RotRL character has me predisposed toward anyone who can recharge a weapon). Two characters with disabled sounded good for tomb raiding, and after my first power feat, each can add a skill to barriers that are traps and obstacles (right now one can do it for each, which keeps having me double check the their powers).

My friend went with Zadim and Ezren, who seem pretty potent in their field.

Having seen more staffs, I'm curious about Ahmotep (her staff power didn't sound that neat when I'd only seen weapon staves and had only Seltyiel to compare to. But, also working against her was my friend taking Ezren, and me coming off of Enora, so wanting to try something non-arcane.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Our group consists of Ahmotep, Alahazra, Drelm, Estra and Mavaro. We just reached mid point and I can confirm that this group is really really fun to play. None of the player ever complained about his character and each of them allowed for some fun changes of strategy along the way.
And don't start speaking with my daughter on how she plays Mavaro, she can strategize hours on that guy.


So, instead of playing through solo, I managed to get a group with friends going. As such, the party now is Estra, Mavaro and Zadim.

I'm definitely interested in playing Yoon and Ahmotep, so I guess I'll make a second party to play solo through the season with them and maybe Drelm.


My "family" group just finished adventure deck 4. We're using Ahmotep, Simoun, Drelm, and Ezren. Our decks are well-tuned and doing great. Key cards: Healing Kit (Drelm) and Tetisurah (Ahmotep).

My "gaming buddy" group just started a fresh MM campaign yesterday. We're using Zadim, Mavaro, Damiel, and Ahmotep. As Mavaro, I'll need to shift heavily into divine, since there are no other healers present. Either that, or everyone stocks up on armor and healing items.


Our party consists of Amhotep, Drelm, Grazzle (lizard oracle from CD), Zetha the summoner(me), and Mavaro. So far, we're still at B scenario.

Amhotep is our main damage dealer. All but one of her spells have attack trait and with her weapons and abilities she has more than enough ways to hurt people, both living and undead.

Drelm is a backup combatant, but with high Wisdom, Disable and bonuses is also a barrier bashing machine. And secondary healer. The only problem is he rarely do more than one exploration per turn.

Grazzle is our main healer (and the most powerful healer of all available characters, so far). Having craft and survival and loaded with divine attack spells he can handle banes quite well. He and Drelm usually go together making "green team" with Drelm healing the lizard and lizard healing everybody else.

Zetha is our spec-ops specialist. Usually I go to locations that are hardest to close - those which deal damage, forces to bury/banish a card or have some weird closing checks. Also having two scouting spells I handle with trigger cards. And with almost all of checks being a Stealth ones I build deck that almost every card give me bonuses to the check.

Oh, and the is Mavaro. He kinda hangs out. Really, I don't understand why are all excited about him. He is mediocre at everything except picking up boons - so he sits in Caravanserai entire adventure. Maybe it's the player fault - he tried to make Mavaro a barrier basher, then alchemist, and then ranged combatant - all with mixed results. Generally, he never had the right cards to display when it was the most needed.
Really, any character with 5+ item slots can be as diverse as Mavaro. The point is to pick up the right items.


Mavaro is tricky to play. He probably doesn't come into his own in the B scenarios. He can struggle with combat in the beginning.

It's hard to understand Mavaro until you see someone who really gets him play him.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Scott Hall wrote:

Unlike previous sets, none of the characters demanded I play them. Drelm was the closest, because I'm naturally drawn to heavy armor and weapon users (perhaps enhanced because my second play of Skull & Shackles has stalled while I was playing Oloch).

For my second, I considered both the elementalist and slayer, but opted for Simoun (having Valeros as my original RotRL character has me predisposed toward anyone who can recharge a weapon). Two characters with disabled sounded good for tomb raiding, and after my first power feat, each can add a skill to barriers that are traps and obstacles (right now one can do it for each, which keeps having me double check the their powers).

My friend went with Zadim and Ezren, who seem pretty potent in their field.

Having seen more staffs, I'm curious about Ahmotep (her staff power didn't sound that neat when I'd only seen weapon staves and had only Seltyiel to compare to. But, also working against her was my friend taking Ezren, and me coming off of Enora, so wanting to try something non-arcane.

Turned out the big problem with our party, no one with diplomacy and no one with charisma higher than a d6. After beating our heads against the location that has you do any 2 of wisdom, intelligence, and charisma checks, and a henchman needing a diplomacy check, we decided to expand to 6. I took Ahmotep, he took Yoon (who I'd considered at the start of the campaign). My friend has played Seltyiel in S&S, but Ahmotep looks to play a bit different. Yoon gives us a lot more blessings, but we also had a period where she couldn't do anything with her hand.

51 to 63 of 63 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Card Game / Rules Questions and Gameplay Discussion / What's your party for Mummy's Mask? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Rules Questions and Gameplay Discussion