Receive a Precious Compliment from a Beautiful Kobold


Off-Topic Discussions

151 to 177 of 177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Kobold Cleaver wrote:
How has NobodysHome not posted here yet? He may be a grumpy old man, but sometimes I forget that. He has a delightfully...well, the word for the job is "perky"...style of posting. What I mean is that he posts with humor and exuberance, and livens whatever thread he's in. I was kind of disappointed to see he's not in any PbPs—it would be fun to see what sort of games he runs/characters he plays.

Heh heh heh. "Perky". I like that!

I don't do PbPs because I run 3 live campaigns (yes, 3!!!) and play in a fourth. Time is not my ally.

When I do play, I try to do personal journals such as Leilani's or Red's, but my best work is always writing as a GM, as in my Serpent's Skull thread, or my Magnum Opus, my epic RotRL game.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captainyesterday wrote:
Oh, no, my avatar is out-of-date! How embarrassing.

It's pretty easy to keep up - you just copy the location of his avatar, go to that, look up the webpage name, and copy that in the search block - boom, the pic pops right up.

One day he switched avatars like 7 or 8 times just to keep me from catching up. It was awesome. I think he finally just gave up.


NobodysHome wrote:
I don't do PbPs because I run 3 live campaigns (yes, 3!!!) and play in a fourth. Time is not my ally.

Wow... being disabled and unable to work, I have all the time in the world. But I can barely keep a regular schedule with the one campaign I run!


:)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I've been trying to find a second live game for...

...

carry the one...

...well, quite a few years, now, actually.

I like to GM, really, I do, but I really wish I could play, too, you know? And I never really seem to get to be a player for very long. Yeah, I know DMC has that same issue, only his is kind of on steroids, so, you know, I should be grateful and all, but...meh, anyway.


DungeonmasterCal wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
I don't do PbPs because I run 3 live campaigns (yes, 3!!!) and play in a fourth. Time is not my ally.
Wow... being disabled and unable to work, I have all the time in the world. But I can barely keep a regular schedule with the one campaign I run!

Well, all 3 are APs, including one that I've run before (Crimson Throne), so it's not as bad as trying to do that homebrew.

The kids' game has the most brutal schedule (6:30 - 9:00 pm every Wednesday night), but they're also the most forgiving about GM "lapses". The Jade Regent/Crimson Throne games are supposed to run alternating weeks (so I only run 2 games a week), but getting that many adults to work their schedules out means it's more like once a month for each of them, meaning it's really only around 1.5 sessions a week.

And yes, it's still very, very hard.


captainyesterday wrote:
:)

What if we made a thread called "Only captain yesterdays allowed"?

I mean, it's not like you're any stranger to making threads with your own arbitrary rules on who is or isn't allowed to post about what in it.


You madman! Those summon her like a moth to a flame!


I'm lost. Who?

EDIT - OH, you mean the mother claimant?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hush! And shush! For the Beldam might be listening!


NobodysHome wrote:
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
How has NobodysHome not posted here yet? He may be a grumpy old man, but sometimes I forget that. He has a delightfully...well, the word for the job is "perky"...style of posting. What I mean is that he posts with humor and exuberance, and livens whatever thread he's in. I was kind of disappointed to see he's not in any PbPs—it would be fun to see what sort of games he runs/characters he plays.

Heh heh heh. "Perky". I like that!

I don't do PbPs because I run 3 live campaigns (yes, 3!!!) and play in a fourth. Time is not my ally.

When I do play, I try to do personal journals such as Leilani's or Red's, but my best work is always writing as a GM, as in my Serpent's Skull thread, or my Magnum Opus, my epic RotRL game.

I was called perky, once.

Turns out they were talking about my boobs.

And someone else.

It still made my day (they were pretty perky)


Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Far too many nice things to copy

I'm glad you like the idea of my quirky little games. :) I have to control myself and not take on even more than I can handle at once... I've been struggling valiantly against the idea of a Wrath of the Righteous game where all of the PC's are dragons (because the one I'm doing solo where I'm the dragon is awesome and only going to get more so), because there is no way I have enough time and energy to run another game right now once the Reverse Dungeon Crawl starts, but... it's hard. XD


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It took me awhile to figure out what dead baby thread you were talking about, and i finally remembered it.

All i can say is, i probably overreacted (duh!) and i'm genuinely sorry.

The whole episode gave me tremendous respect for you though, so, silver lining. :-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Can't stand that captain yesterday guy, though. What a punk.

And don't forget it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It was a rough thread. I think we both probably got a little out of line at points.


Indeed.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I think that was when our dog and house were infested with fleas, which in turn put stress on my marriage, all in all not the best of times. :-)


Are you sure it wasn't mites? I've had this nasty little mite infestation on one of my aliases lately. This one mite keeps following my guy around complaining about his manners and advocating "conversion therapy" for sorcerers.


I know how to deal with Mites!

...

It involves using them as crude anti-gnome projectiles...


Admiral Day-Before-Yesterday wrote:
captainyesterday wrote:
:)

What if we made a thread called "Only captain yesterdays allowed"?

I mean, it's not like you're any stranger to making threads with your own arbitrary rules on who is or isn't allowed to post about what in it.

This is a very good idea.

You know it is.

If you don't do it, then, by the coral-pink nips of Aphrodite, I will.


But, what would the children think!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Limeylongears wrote:
Admiral Day-Before-Yesterday wrote:
captainyesterday wrote:
:)

What if we made a thread called "Only captain yesterdays allowed"?

I mean, it's not like you're any stranger to making threads with your own arbitrary rules on who is or isn't allowed to post about what in it.

This is a very good idea.

You know it is.

If you don't do it, then, by the coral-pink nips of Aphrodite, I will.

Can the forums handle all those Yesterday's...


Cliche British Guy Sipping Tea wrote:
Indeed.

Indeed so. Most indeededly.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber

KC, thanks for this thread!


Haladir wrote:
KC, thanks for this thread!

Hide! It's someone older than me! :-P


Yeah, some would say, "And wiser."

And so would I, so what are you gonna do?


Thank you. I'll try to post more. You're an amazing kobold, and this self confidence boost is gonna last all week.

151 to 177 of 177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Receive a Precious Compliment from a Beautiful Kobold All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.