Wonder Woman


Movies

101 to 150 of 418 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Jeff,

I honestly think we'll get Circe simply because a) she's a fairly known quantity and b) Magic. DC has lots more magic.


137ben wrote:
As to the whole debate over her appearance, I don't see why she needs to look super-extra-beefy when she has divine super-strength.

Because she has an iconic look. You wouldn't want to cast DJ Qualls as Superman, either.


Dunno.

He'd pull of a good Flashpoint Superman, Norman. ;)


*is calm now*

Also don't see how Josh Whedon affects this conversation...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Krensky wrote:
Spoiler:
Ah. Like the superhero and formal wear comment it's a refrence to that book. Bobbie avoids guys with a thing for big women because they "usually have unresolved mommy issues" that she doesn't want to deal with. Lack of them is part of why she begins a relationship with *coughing* much later in the series. It was an injoke, not an insult.

Spoiler:
Yeah, from the lack of setup & out-of-the-blue nature of the quip, I thought it must be a reference to something, but a quick google didn't turn up anything related the the books or show. So I thought I must be missing some pop culture reference. At any rate, I took it in jest (you included a smilie).

Tall women is just a matter of practicality. I'm almost 5'10" barefoot, worse if I have to wobble around in heels. A tall partner just means we are on the same eye level. Also, finding jeans is hard enough without long legs; finding a partner of the same height means I might be able to borrow her jeans.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:

*is calm now*

Also don't see how Josh Whedon affects this conversation...

Whedon is going to plagiarize all our wittiness in this thread, rastafy it by 10% or so, and use it in another movie.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
The Freehold Inquisition wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

*is calm now*

Also don't see how Josh Whedon affects this conversation...

Whedon is going to plagiarize all our wittiness in this thread, rastafy it by 10% or so, and use it in another movie.

There was actually a very interesting article in the Tuesday Chicago Tribune's Arts & Entertainment section with a partial interview of Joss referred to, and discussing how rabid fans have become since he started doing productions and part of the reason he's pulled back some.

So the Inquisition might be gaining ground?


I think someone's inquisition is gaining ground.

It's just not mine.

Liberty's Edge

Which Inquisition?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Norman Osborne wrote:
137ben wrote:
As to the whole debate over her appearance, I don't see why she needs to look super-extra-beefy when she has divine super-strength.
Because she has an iconic look.

Does she? Frankly, I doubt people who haven't read the actual comic books know anything about her at all.


*Raises hand* I don't. I mean... I'd recognize her design right away, because THAT'S fairly iconic, at least, but... quite frankly, Wonder Woman has always felt kind of tacked-on when added to DC's "Top Three".

...

And I think that's rather unfortunate.


The Freehold Inquisition wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

*is calm now*

Also don't see how Josh Whedon affects this conversation...

Whedon is going to plagiarize all our wittiness in this thread, rastafy it by 10% or so, and use it in another movie.

points wildly

You see? YOU SEE?! It's his SYSTEM, it's how he WORKS!


*hands Freehold a cookie* Calm down. This isn't about Joss Whedon, it's about Wonder Woman, remember?


Thomas Seitz wrote:
*hands Freehold a cookie* Calm down. This isn't about Joss Whedon, it's about Wonder Woman, remember?

eats cookie

No...no whedon?


Whedon IS Wonder Woman! ~grins and runs~


~shakes my head~ Ok. That comment was bad even for me. ~shudders~ I think I will now have some nightmares of Joss Whedon in a Wonder Woman costume.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
~shakes my head~ Ok. That comment was bad even for me. ~shudders~ I think I will now have some nightmares of Joss Whedon in a Wonder Woman costume.

{sets up cart peddling bottles of "Dr. Sharoth's All-One Brain Bleach"}


The Freehold Inquisition wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

*is calm now*

Also don't see how Josh Whedon affects this conversation...

Whedon is going to plagiarize all our wittiness in this thread, rastafy it by 10% or so, and use it in another movie.

Does that mean Whedon is really Melania Trump in disguise?!?

Community & Digital Content Director

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Removed a series of grar-filled WWII posts and their responses.


Thank you Chris.

Also no, I'm sure Whedon isn't disguised as anyone. Mostly because he's never shaved that beard that I've seen.

As for him doing WW...not sure. I think Marvel still has him under their thumb for maybe one, two more movies. Probably not Avengers, but maybe say, New Warriors maybe? Or Fantastic Four if they ever get the rights back to it.


Thomas Seitz wrote:

Thank you Chris.

Also no, I'm sure Whedon isn't disguised as anyone. Mostly because he's never shaved that beard that I've seen.

As for him doing WW...not sure. I think Marvel still has him under their thumb for maybe one, two more movies. Probably not Avengers, but maybe say, New Warriors maybe? Or Fantastic Four if they ever get the rights back to it.

Please, god, keep him away from the New Warriors.

I love them so much...


Well I couldn't think of something that isn't a) already a TV show or on it's way (like I think Ghost Rider, Blade and Moon Knight are) and/or b) isn't already a sequel.

So...that's what I came up with.


The preview showed her being called Diana Prince and talking with a British accent instead of her normal one. So it sounds like she might get her secret identity. But the real question is will she have her transformation from the original show;)


Sharoth wrote:
Whedon IS Wonder Woman! ~grins and runs~

No I prefer Gal, Whedon wouldn't look good in the costume anyway.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

So, would it be fair to say that you're waiting for Gadot?


Aranna is correct. Whedon couldn't pull it off.

Dragon, I don't think we'll see the spinning no.


Dragon78 wrote:
The preview showed her being called Diana Prince and talking with a British accent instead of her normal one. So it sounds like she might get her secret identity. But the real question is will she have her transformation from the original show;)

Too anime.


Jeff,

The spinning for you is the only thing too anime?


Thomas Seitz wrote:

Jeff,

The spinning for you is the only thing too anime?

That was very tongue in cheek. :)

But the spinning transformation, if it wasn't specifically from the old show, would definitely be called out as a copy of various magical girl transformation anime scenes.

When it's probably the other way around if anything.


thejeff wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Jeff,

The spinning for you is the only thing too anime?

That was very tongue in cheek. :)

But the spinning transformation, if it wasn't specifically from the old show, would definitely be called out as a copy of various magical girl transformation anime scenes.

When it's probably the other way around if anything.

I dunno. Sentai transformation sequences may be older than the old wonder woman show.


Freehold DM wrote:
thejeff wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Jeff,

The spinning for you is the only thing too anime?

That was very tongue in cheek. :)

But the spinning transformation, if it wasn't specifically from the old show, would definitely be called out as a copy of various magical girl transformation anime scenes.

When it's probably the other way around if anything.

I dunno. Sentai transformation sequences may be older than the old wonder woman show.

Yeah, might be. Though I really doubt the WW creators were aware of it.

Somehow I was thinking the show was earlier - more of a peer of the old Batman show rather than late 70s.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

If memory serves the first Magical girl transformation thing was Cutey Honey (notable also because it's not just a visual thing, Honey really is naked when she transforms) in 1973. Wonder Woman was, I think, 1975. No idea how much influence there was.

As an aside, while some aspects of the magical girl and magical girlfriend are Japanese, the primary inspiration for them was Bewitched which was stupidlystupidly popular in Japan.


Nah. Batman was first in terms of being a DC show on TV in color.

Superman, however, was first over all.


Krensky wrote:

If memory serves the first Magical girl transformation thing was Cutey Honey (notable also because it's not just a visual thing, Honey really is naked when she transforms) in 1973. Wonder Woman was, I think, 1975. No idea how much influence there was.

As an aside, while some aspects of the magical girl and magical girlfriend are Japanese, the primary inspiration for them was Bewitched which was stupidlystupidly popular in Japan.

CUTEY HONEY IS FIRST MAGICAL GIRL CUTEY HONEY IS BEST MAGICAL GIRL

Liberty's Edge

Princess Sapphire, Atsuko Kagami, and Sally the Witch want to have a word with you about "first".


Krensky wrote:
Princess Sapphire, Atsuko Kagami, and Sally the Witch want to have a word with you about "first".

they didn't have transformation sequences. They don't count.


Any word on who'll be the main villain?

The trailers looks pretty cool and all... But if all WW does is beat non-powered soldiers, it won't be very exciting.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Krensky wrote:
Princess Sapphire, Atsuko Kagami, and Sally the Witch want to have a word with you about "first".
they didn't have transformation sequences. They don't count.

You mean they didn't have enough nudity or implied nudity. Either that, or the weren't written by Go Nagi.

Which is the same thing, really.


Krensky wrote:

You mean they didn't have enough nudity or implied nudity. Either that, or the weren't written by Go Nagi.

Which is the same thing, really.

Or... You know... He means they didn't have transformation sequences.

Liberty's Edge

Lemmy wrote:
Krensky wrote:

You mean they didn't have enough nudity or implied nudity. Either that, or the weren't written by Go Nagi.

Which is the same thing, really.

Or... You know... He means they didn't have transformation sequences.

This is Freehold and we're discussing Go Nagi. It's all about the H.


Lemmy wrote:
Any word on who'll be the main villain?

No but there's a pool going on between me and another guy not on this board that it's Circe.

Liberty's Edge

Considering Antiope and Melanippe are in the cast, and it's set during WW, I'm gonna say Hades.


Hades? Nah. I mean I get it but I don't think so. WWI doesn't need Greek Gods to mess stuff up. Man is doing a great job on his own.


Krensky wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Krensky wrote:
Princess Sapphire, Atsuko Kagami, and Sally the Witch want to have a word with you about "first".
they didn't have transformation sequences. They don't count.

You mean they didn't have enough nudity or implied nudity. Either that, or the weren't written by Go Nagi.

Which is the same thing, really.

I still can't believe he made...everything.


Krensky wrote:
Lemmy wrote:
Krensky wrote:

You mean they didn't have enough nudity or implied nudity. Either that, or the weren't written by Go Nagi.

Which is the same thing, really.

Or... You know... He means they didn't have transformation sequences.
This is Freehold and we're discussing Go Nagi. It's all about the H.

more ecchi actually, considering it's go nagai, but still.

Liberty's Edge

Freehold DM wrote:
Krensky wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Krensky wrote:
Princess Sapphire, Atsuko Kagami, and Sally the Witch want to have a word with you about "first".
they didn't have transformation sequences. They don't count.

You mean they didn't have enough nudity or implied nudity. Either that, or the weren't written by Go Nagi.

Which is the same thing, really.

I still can't believe he made...everything.

He is responsible for almost every manga and, hence, anime trope.

101 to 150 of 418 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Movies / Wonder Woman All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.