Today at Paizocon


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game General Discussion

Adventure Card Game Designer

You can get demos of Mummy's Mask by our own Liz and Gaby and friends, plus come to the 2 pm PACG seminar where we'll talk about all the cool new stuff!

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Also, if you haven't picked up the newest Wayfinder magazine, you should do that! There's a PACG adventure in there! </shameless self promotion>


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

And then tell all of us who can't be there what you find out!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

From the demo, Mummy is looking to be a GREAT set. As a lover of divine casters, I will have to play the box way too many times to get the full experience.


The We Be Goblins adventure was a lot of fun! Not having to worry about normal things and being like death and mayhem is pretty cool.


Eliandra Giltessan wrote:
From the demo, Mummy is looking to be a GREAT set. As a lover of divine casters, I will have to play the box way too many times to get the full experience.

Please do tell for a poor old soul across the Atlantic!


Just saw a pic of Estra over on Twitter. Aiiieeee!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Googam wrote:
Eliandra Giltessan wrote:
From the demo, Mummy is looking to be a GREAT set. As a lover of divine casters, I will have to play the box way too many times to get the full experience.
Please do tell for a poor old soul across the Atlantic!

Estra and Alahazra both have high divine builds with scouting. Alahazra sets things on fire and removes curses. Estra is extra powerful vs. undead. And we know we've got a cleric and a druid in the character add on deck. Zadim is a melee powerhouse reminiscent of Seltyiel, with some bonus scouting. Damiel... is Damiel.

From the panel on the ACG that got out 20 minutes ago: Scouting can be dangerous, and sometimes banes have to be encountered when you scout them. Scenario rules may go onto more than one card. There is a quicksand bunyip, and cats are the new sharks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Eliandra Giltessan wrote:
There is a quicksand bunyip...

There. Is. No. Escape!


Eliandra Giltessan wrote:


Estra and Alahazra both have high divine builds with scouting. Alahazra sets things on fire and removes curses. Estra is extra powerful vs. undead. And we know we've got a cleric and a druid in the character add on deck. Zadim is a melee powerhouse reminiscent of Seltyiel, with some bonus scouting. Damiel... is Damiel.

Ooh that sounds great. So Damiel, Estra, Alahazra and Zadim, eh? I see Ezren is on the box. Who are the other two? Any Quinn sightings?

Silver Crusade

By my reckoning, after today we have: Damiel, Alahazra, Estra, and Zadim from the playtest. Gaby indicated she was playtesting Ezren, and Yoon was mentioned. There's Mavaro and a new magus, cleric, and druid in the class deck. So looks like we're missing one. My deepest wish is our favorite investigator, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Drelm is the new cleric they mentioned. First class not represented by an iconic.


Eliandra Giltessan wrote:
By my reckoning, after today we have: Damiel, Alahazra, Estra, and Zadim from the playtest. Gaby indicated she was playtesting Ezren, and Yoon was mentioned. There's Mavaro and a new magus, cleric, and druid in the class deck. So looks like we're missing one. My deepest wish is our favorite investigator, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah I'm keeping my pinkies crossed too.

Maybe someone shooty?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

It's a fun guessing game from this side of the pond (so far away from PaizoCon).
If I gather true and false hints form Mike and others, the 11 characters for Mummies could be:
Ahmotep
Alhazra
Channa Ti
Damiel
Drelm
Estra
Ezren
Mavaro
Yoon
Zadim
... and a kind of funny Sylph.

Wonder how many we have right.


Are there any plans to make the goblin scenarios available to the public via the store later on?
Also, which base set are they based on?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Eliandra Giltessan wrote:
There is a quicksand bunyip,

There is, indeed, no escape. And yet I'd've been disappointed if there weren't any.

Eliandra Giltessan wrote:
...and cats are the new sharks.

Clearly, these are Very Good Kitties who just want to Help.

So, filling out Frencois' list a bit more:

Ahmotep, Magus
Alhazra, Oracle
Channa Ti, Druid
Damiel, Alchemist
Drelm, Cleric
Estra, Spiritualist
Ezren, Wizard
Mavaro, Occultist
Yoon, Pyrokineticist
Zadim, Slayer
... and a kind of funny Sylph, Blackguard.

So, with Damiel's penchant for explosions, MM-Alhazra's joy for fire, Ezren's general command of evocaction, and a child pyrokinteticist with a stuffed owlbear (which had BETTER be an ally card), there should be flames and explosions galore.

I'm kind of stunned that Quinn didn't make it (unless we're wrong and he did). I mean, I have a mini for him and everything! We need to get Quinn, Hakon, Kess, Hayato, and Reiko into the mix soonest! (This is the "Managerial We", meaning "y'all".)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

P.S. Any news on the Starfinder ACG?

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I agree that Gom-Gom should be a card.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Iammars wrote:
I agree that Gom-Gom should be a card.

Maybe, a cohort, I hope the trend started in Wrath continues.


Pathfinder Card Game, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
James McKendrew wrote:
... and a kind of funny Sylph, Blackguard.

Are you sure about this? Because if so that's a very interesting choice, considering Blackguards don't exist in Pathfinder (for those not familiar, they're a D&D 3.5 Prestige Class that was never ported over).


He probably just miswrote: it'd be an Antipaladin, not a Blackguard, if that's what it is. (Still seems like a strange choice to me, but whatever.)


Pathfinder Card Game, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

After re-reading I think these are just guesses about what is in MM rather than something confirmed from PaizoCon.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
James McKendrew wrote:

So, filling out Frencois' list a bit more:

Ahmotep, Magus
Alhazra, Oracle
Channa Ti, Druid
Damiel, Alchemist
Drelm, Cleric
Estra, Spiritualist
Ezren, Wizard
Mavaro, Occultist
Yoon, Pyrokineticist
Zadim, Slayer
... and a kind of funny Sylph, Blackguard.

Without being familiar with the RPG, is it just me or is everyone but the 'Blackguard' and the Slayer is sort of a 'caster'? Also, I find it odd that Damiel is the closest-sounding to a Ranged combat character.

Incidentally, is there a source where everyone is getting info on that mysterious 'sylph' character?

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Yoon is not really a caster. Kineticists have spell like abilities, but that's it.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
skizzerz wrote:
After re-reading I think these are just guesses about what is in MM rather than something confirmed from PaizoCon.

Anything I have said is confirmed at PaizoCon, or is one of the four characters from the description of the add-on deck.

Another mechanic that Mummy will have: Traders. Your party gains traders the way we gained fleets in S&S. They will let you trade in acquired loot that you don't want at the end of the scenario for loot you may want more.

Silver Crusade

Iammars wrote:
Yoon is not really a caster. Kineticists have spell like abilities, but that's it.

I haven't seen Yoon, but Estra has the divine trait, so I (and this part IS a rampant assumption) assume that all the occult iconics will fit into the traditional arcane/divine divide.

Adventure Card Game Designer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
James McKendrew wrote:
P.S. Any news on the Starfinder ACG?

Y'all just idle down a bit there, pal.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
skizzerz wrote:
After re-reading I think these are just guesses about what is in MM rather than something confirmed from PaizoCon.

Absolutely, nothing official, just guesses... based on may inputs though so I guess a good portion of it is actual facts.

I could make edicated guesses for Starfinder ACG too but not-this-Mike would kill me :-)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Parody wrote:
He probably just miswrote: it'd be an Antipaladin, not a Blackguard, if that's what it is. (Still seems like a strange choice to me, but whatever.)

Not even a guess. Just my idea of a joke.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Mike Selinker wrote:
James McKendrew wrote:
P.S. Any news on the Starfinder ACG?
Y'all just idle down a bit there, pal.

(*nods solemnly*) Waiting is.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

First, they (the Starfinder RPG team) don't even have anything established at this point as far as content. It will be a few years before Lone Shark would have material to work with. That would be a decent guess. All we got from the announcement is a setting far in the future of Golarion where technology is a much a part of the setting as magic. That Golarion has disappeared and Absalom Station sits in orbit where Golarion used to be.

They'll introduce at GenCon NEXT year with probably a Player's Guide.

Remember that Mike and crew have other projects besides PACG. MM is still being worked on, the last of the current wave of Class Decks are going to be hitting the streets in the next few months as described. (Remember that July is two decks!) Tanis, Vic and their crew are working on MM as well from Paizo's side as well as the second half of the Season of the Runelords. Also working on the Season of the Goblin mini-season. (Not as easy when you have Longshanks wanting to adventure besides your Goblin brothers and sisters.)

Personally, I'd rather have Apocrypha done and in my grubby little hands that have Lone Shark be working on Starfinder.

Paizo has years and years of RPG adventure content as well as available art. There is nothing for Starfinder.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Y'all take me WAY too seriously. The first I hard of Starfinder was when the icon appeared in the sidebar a few days ago. My first thought was, "Let's jump the gun a bit. No, let's lure the gun into an alley in a high-crime district, jump it with 8 or 12 thugs, strip off its slide, bend it's firing pin, then go through its magazine for spare bullets."

Mike read me just right. (And also gave me an excuse to quote Stranger In A Strange Land.) I was deliberately provoking a "Slooooow down, cowpoke!" reaction.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Taratata I'm being dead serious here. I saw on another thread that someone was wondering if the star iconics will be great great great children of our beloved iconics.
No way!
The heroes of Starfinder will be OUR beloved iconics.

... because they never die.
No brainer.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Frencois wrote:

Taratata I'm being dead serious here. I saw on another thread that someone was wondering if the star iconics will be great great great children of our beloved iconics.

No way!
The heroes of Starfinder will be OUR beloved iconics.

... because they never die.
No brainer.

I'm guessing new iconics, Frencois. We have an android race and a ratfolk race (good at engineering).

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Card Game / General Discussion / Today at Paizocon All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion