AP after Strange Aeons?


Pathfinder Adventure Path General Discussion

1 to 50 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Now that we are roughly a month away from Paizo Con what do you think the next AP will be?

Scarab Sages

Something that can play to Vigilantes?

Oh, actually, something in Jalmeray or Vudra? Haven't been there, yet.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It won't be Galt.


I'm personally hoping for one about Galt.
It will probably have some elements from ultimate intrigue, and considering that the iconic vigilante is from Galt, Galt acutally stands a decent chance of being the next one.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Gonna guess Geb. Or Varisia.


Because we need more varisian APs. 4 just isn't enough. We need at least 6. :P

Silver Crusade

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The inevitable Distant Worlds AP.


Something in Garund I'd expect. Maybe Nex or Geb would be cool.


People thinking about vigilantes and Galt are thinking too small. Get me some Absalom.

Scarab Sages

Tian-Xa wouldn't be a bad place for intrigue. Play it like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Too Path, Too Finder: Absalom Drift XD

On a more serious note, I think they should stay for the most part out of space and stay on Golarion. Soo much stuff that still needs to explored that hasn't gotten that much attention, like Geb or Galt and other weird places.

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Nightdrifter wrote:
Gonna guess Geb. Or Varisia.

Geb and Nex are, AFAIK, Erik Mona's personal contributions to Golarion and as such they won't be heavily developed until he has time to sit down and do it himself.

So, in other words, most likely never. :(

And we've had enough APs in Varisia. 4 is good.

My money's on either Galt or Jalmeray.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

A Galt AP is not in the cards for anytime soon. Also, the developer of the "after Strange Aeons AP" is Crystal Frasier. Take what you want from that fact, but I'm betting on a healthy dose of weird, colorful and corgis.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Kvantum wrote:
Nightdrifter wrote:
Gonna guess Geb. Or Varisia.

Geb and Nex are, AFAIK, Erik Mona's personal contributions to Golarion and as such they won't be heavily developed until he has time to sit down and do it himself.

So, in other words, most likely never. :(

And we've had enough APs in Varisia. 4 is good.

My money's on either Galt or Jalmeray.

I agree Varisia has gotten more than its fair share of APs, but it has always struck me as a region favored by the developers, so I wouldn't be surprised by another AP set there. Wasn't there some hint somewhere from James Jacobs about the reassembled Shattered Star being needed for some future AP? (EDIT: here is a hint at it)

Would definitely be a shame if they didn't do a Geb AP imo.

Scarab Sages

So ... Jalmeray or the First World.

Considering the corgis, I would bet on the First World.

Silver Crusade

Gorbacz wrote:
A Galt AP is not in the cards for anytime soon. Also, the developer of the "after Strange Aeons AP" is Crystal Frasier. Take what you want from that fact, but I'm betting on a healthy dose of weird, colorful and corgis.

Crystal Frasier developing her own AP???

I am ecstatic and excited! I can't wait!


Chibiamy, what makes you think that it will be related to the First World or Jalmeray if Crystal is working on it?

She has also worked on the Harrowing, Harrow Handbook, Occult Mysteries, and Misfit Monsters Revisited.

Scarab Sages

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Corgis - their cuteness is too great not to be creatures of the Fey.

Silver Crusade

My greatest hope is Alkenstar. My greatest fear is Varisia.


Varisia is my second greatest fear, Cheliax is my first;)


chibiamy wrote:
Something that can play to Vigilantes?

Yes, YES! PLEASE!

Give us an AP that puts the PCs at odds with a Vigilante, or even a TEAM of vigilantes.


JiCi wrote:
chibiamy wrote:
Something that can play to Vigilantes?

Yes, YES! PLEASE!

Give us an AP that puts the PCs at odds with a Vigilante, or even a TEAM of vigilantes.

Has anyone ever noticed that you never see Eando Kline and Drandle Dreng in the same room at the same time?


How about we make a list of all the locations in the Inner Sea that have not been used in a AP. I would be very surprised if the next AP takes place outside the Inner Sea(at least more then a single volume anyway).

Silver Crusade

Dragon78 wrote:
Varisia is my second greatest fear, Cheliax is my first;)

Nah, Cheliax I like. But I understand the sentiment.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I don't care where they put it, as long as it's cool


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I would like Land of the Linnorm Kings or Taldor.


We have plenty of wish lists for future APs but I am more interested in what people think will be the next AP not what they want. I know there are people on this board that love to theorize and look for clues/hints that are said by the Paizo staff.

Since we have already had staff say that Galt and Hermia are not likely anytime soon(if ever) then we can take them off the list possible choices for next year. Are there any other locations we can strike off the list from the Inner Sea?


I´m hoping for some high intrigue in Taldor. Would it be too much to have Taldor enter the Chelaxian civil war or whatever was going down there around Hell´s Rebels / Vengeance?

Failing that, it´s been a while since an AP was last in NotAsia, so Jalmeray is a good option. Brevoy /First World would not be too bad, although it might be seen as pandering to the popularity of Game of Thrones. I wish we could get some hardcore Arabian Nights adventure in Kelesh, though.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Give me another sandbox (Kingmaker).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Firstbourne wrote:
Give me another sandbox (Kingmaker).

No.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Gorbacz wrote:
A Galt AP is not in the cards for anytime soon.

Which is sad. The "Reign of Terror" situation in Galt would have been perfect for Vigilante type characters.

chibiamy wrote:
Corgis - their cuteness is too great not to be creatures of the Fey.

Nirmathas, and central Andoran have strong fae connections ... and have not yet been featured in an AP.

Are there any other areas of strong "First World" activities ... that have not been a major part of an AP?


Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Looking at the most recent APs, we have (in reverse order):

  • an out of Inner Sea elder things-esk AP
  • three run of the mill generic "fantasy" APs (although one that is evil)
  • semi-scifi adventure
  • ancient egypt

I think we will have an AP set somewhat peripheral to the Inner Sea, say Ibylose or Nex/Geb, even up north to Linnorm Kings. I also think it will be less "generic fantasy" than Giant Slayer or the Hells twins.

Shadow Lodge

Lord Fyre wrote:
Are there any other areas of strong "First World" activities ... that have not been a major part of an AP?

There's Dtang Ma and Shenmen in Tian Xia, but the powers that be are wary of Tian Xia after Jade Regent failed to meet expectations.

Liberty's Edge

Arcadia! I love exploration


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
zimmerwald1915 wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Are there any other areas of strong "First World" activities ... that have not been a major part of an AP?
There's Dtang Ma and Shenmen in Tian Xia, but the powers that be are wary of Tian Xia after Jade Regent failed to meet expectations.

Yeah only Jade Regent failed for very different reasons than ending in Tian Xia according to most people.


captain yesterday wrote:
I don't care where they put it, as long as it's cool

I second this. That said, I sure would like to see Andoran (Iron Horses, anyone?).

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hayato Ken wrote:
zimmerwald1915 wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Are there any other areas of strong "First World" activities ... that have not been a major part of an AP?
There's Dtang Ma and Shenmen in Tian Xia, but the powers that be are wary of Tian Xia after Jade Regent failed to meet expectations.
Yeah only Jade Regent failed for very different reasons than ending in Tian Xia according to most people.

Can't agree with this more. I would have already tried to play it if:

1. It actually started in Tian-Xia
--Most AP groups fall apart sometime around book 3-4. So there's very little guarantee I'll actually get to play the part I care about

2. It didn't appear to have strong ties to RotRL characters
--I haven't played RotRL yet, and I want to experience that and the characters from it first

Liberty's Edge Developer

12 people marked this as a favorite.
Grond wrote:
I would like Land of the Linnorm Kings or Taldor.

That covers two of the three AP pitches I put forward!

Sadly, neither of those was approved. This time.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

Ahhh no Land of the Linnorm Kings this time. Ah well, some day.

I'm sure whatever it is will be excellent. Thanks, Crystal!

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I am looking forward to seeing it.

I have just got to talk my tabletop group into playing one of these AP's. *flail* I am to busy to play all the AP's I want, let alone find a group to play with.

Curse you life for making me the mother of teenagers!


Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Grond wrote:
I would like Land of the Linnorm Kings or Taldor.

That covers two of the three AP pitches I put forward!

Sadly, neither of those was approved. This time.

Good to see I was 1/3 right.

Molthune it is!!


Crystal Frasier wrote:
Grond wrote:
I would like Land of the Linnorm Kings or Taldor.

That covers two of the three AP pitches I put forward!

Sadly, neither of those was approved. This time.

Great minds think alike at least? :(

Hopefully those two places will get an AP at some point. They practically scream to be used.

Liberty's Edge Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Grond wrote:
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Grond wrote:
I would like Land of the Linnorm Kings or Taldor.

That covers two of the three AP pitches I put forward!

Sadly, neither of those was approved. This time.

Great minds think alike at least? :(

Hopefully those two places will get an AP at some point. They practically scream to be used.

I'm sure they will. These two were denied for very different, and very temporary reasons.


Conservative Anklebiter wrote:
Firstbourne wrote:
Give me another sandbox (Kingmaker).
No.

Lolz. You're right. Let's keep everything linear, on rails, and PG-13. Milktoast for everyone!


Darn, would have liked a Land of the Linnorm King AP especially if the final boss was a Linnorm, fey, some kind of "Uber" Troll, or some other kind of monster from Norse Myth.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Firstbourne wrote:
Conservative Anklebiter wrote:
Firstbourne wrote:
Give me another sandbox (Kingmaker).
No.
Lolz. You're right. Let's keep everything linear, on rails, and PG-13. Milktoast for everyone!

Can't speak for the goblin, but "Sandbox" I can do on my own, without paying Paizo a single red cent.

What you call rails, I call the skeleton I can build on. *shrug* Different strokes.


I like sandboxes, but I don't mind a railroad as long as it has an interesting track layout . . . .

Liberty's Edge

Railroad and sandbox have both been great in the hands of Paizo. There strength has always been the inclusion of interesting NPCs and locations. So whatever comes next I have faith in being a success. But still... ARCADIA!


Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Grond wrote:
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Grond wrote:
I would like Land of the Linnorm Kings or Taldor.

That covers two of the three AP pitches I put forward!

Sadly, neither of those was approved. This time.

Great minds think alike at least? :(

Hopefully those two places will get an AP at some point. They practically scream to be used.

I'm sure they will. These two were denied for very different, and very temporary reasons.

Can you give any insight into the reason?

Liberty's Edge Developer

5 people marked this as a favorite.
j b 200 wrote:
Crystal Frasier wrote:
I'm sure they will. These two were denied for very different, and very temporary reasons.
Can you give any insight into the reason?

Alas, I cannot. Rest assured the battle was epic

1 to 50 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / General Discussion / AP after Strange Aeons? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.