This is Skål Con 2016!


Local Play

101 to 150 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
MisterSlanky wrote:

Come on - that's like one roll and you're done. And who cares if you only get 5gp today.

5 gp = 5 oz

1 oz gold @ today's market value = $1,332.10 US

5 oz gold = $6660.50 US

I'm not seeing the problem here? *ducks*

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

Hmm peers up at Wei Ji's calculations.

"Man, I really have been doing this wrong! Sit home, roll dice, and then I can have time and money for all the biking, travel and PFS that I want. I could go visit Auke, Woran and Ascalaphus in the Netherlands, play PFS and eat Stroopwafels! I could travel up the wilds of New York and find BNW in whatever den he hides in when not posting to these boards. There are so many places my bike and I want to go!"

___

Meanwhile, for those of us who like me have not figured out the dice trick to generate real world gold, I do hope to see some of you at SkalCon. Is there anyway of organizing a ride board to bring more of you in?

Hmm

1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:

Hmm peers up at Wei Ji's calculations.

"Man, I really have been doing this wrong! Sit home, roll dice, and then I can have time and money for all the biking, travel and PFS that I want. I could go visit Auke, Woran and Ascalaphus in the Netherlands, play PFS and eat Stroopwafels! I could travel up the wilds of New York and find BNW in whatever den he hides in when not posting to these boards. There are so many places my bike and I want to go!"

___

Meanwhile, for those of us who like me have not figured out the dice trick to generate real world gold, I do hope to see some of you at SkalCon. Is there anyway of organizing a ride board to bring more of you in?

Hmm

Not sure, but as someone that would be coming up from the Chicagoland area-ish on Thursday and heading back on Monday, that'd be kind of keen, depending on space, etc.

I don't drive, but willing to pay fair share of gas, as well as buy at least one 'nice' meal for driver(s) each way.

WILL NOT PAY our grasping state government any tolls after they screwed over people who pay cash.

Dark Archive 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:

Hmm peers up at Wei Ji's calculations.

"Man, I really have been doing this wrong! Sit home, roll dice, and then I can have time and money for all the biking, travel and PFS that I want. I could go visit Auke, Woran and Ascalaphus in the Netherlands, play PFS and eat Stroopwafels! I could travel up the wilds of New York and find BNW in whatever den he hides in when not posting to these boards. There are so many places my bike and I want to go!"

___

Meanwhile, for those of us who like me have not figured out the dice trick to generate real world gold, I do hope to see some of you at SkalCon. Is there anyway of organizing a ride board to bring more of you in?

Hmm

Not sure, but as someone that would be coming up from the Chicagoland area-ish on Thursday and heading back on Monday, that'd be kind of keen, depending on space, etc.

I don't drive, but willing to pay fair share of gas, as well as buy at least one 'nice' meal for driver(s) each way.

WILL NOT PAY our grasping state government any tolls after they screwed over people who pay cash.

You could take the train here and back?

1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
jon dehning wrote:


You could take the train here and back?

Ride-sharing = Plan (A)utomobile

Public Transit Method 1 = Plan (B)us

Public Transit Method 2 = Plan (C)onsolidated public railways aka 'SpAmtrak'

Dark Archive 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Minnesota—Minneapolis aka Silbeg

Is it really less Han two months away now? And there is so much going on still..

Guessing we will have the sign up application out by this weekend. And data populated soon after.

1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Less Han? More Solo?

4/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I HAVE TERRIBLE NEWS! The Radisson is completely booked for the entire weekend. >.<

Edit: The Courtyard Marriott up the street is not full, however.

4/5

Serisan wrote:

I HAVE TERRIBLE NEWS! The Radisson is completely booked for the entire weekend. >.<

Edit: The Courtyard Marriott up the street is not full, however.

And there's always the Red Roof Inn, just across the street from FFG.

Glad I learned from last year and booked the Radisson early.

4/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I thought 2 months out was early. :-p

Dark Archive 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Serisan wrote:

I HAVE TERRIBLE NEWS! The Radisson is completely booked for the entire weekend. >.<

Edit: The Courtyard Marriott up the street is not full, however.

Wait. Wut?

4/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
jon dehning wrote:
Serisan wrote:

I HAVE TERRIBLE NEWS! The Radisson is completely booked for the entire weekend. >.<

Edit: The Courtyard Marriott up the street is not full, however.

Wait. Wut?

That's pretty much what I said when I tried to book a room. I even called the Radisson directly to see if they saw anything different than what I was getting on the website.

The Courtyard Marriott did have some nice rooms available, including the variety that have whirlpool tubs and king size beds. They probably also have classy things, like strawberries dipped in chocolate. The rooms were all renovated last year, which may be part of the reason that I didn't know about that place when I made my reservations last year. The downside, of course, is that the Courtyard is about 5 or 6 blocks away, whereas the Radisson was basically just hopping a fence.

I still drove that distance because I'm lazy and I only got 1 night last year. What a mistake that was...

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

I'd walk six blocks to have a whirlpool tub and strawberries dipped in chocolate.

Maybe you'll convince a bunch of us to walk to your room for the after con parties!

Hmm

4/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I did not get one of the whirlpool tub rooms, but they're still available!

Dark Archive 5/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It's official. We have raised enough to cover expenses.

Everything after is now pure donation. Well done, everyone. You all make my life and job easier.

Thank you!


Soon.......

1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Signed up to run a Confirmation table on Sunday.

Curious to see how this is going to work compared to other conventions I've judged at.

4/5

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
Curious to see how this is going to work compared to other conventions I've judged at.

It will exceed your expectations.

Shadow Lodge 5/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
GM Eazy-Earl wrote:
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
Curious to see how this is going to work compared to other conventions I've judged at.
It will exceed your expectations.

What Earl said. Minneapolis/St. Paul runs a really tight ship. We've refined a lot of techniques on game days that translate well to the convention environment. Running what equates to a convention's worth of tables a week will do that.

Dark Archive 5/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
MisterSlanky wrote:
GM Eazy-Earl wrote:
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
Curious to see how this is going to work compared to other conventions I've judged at.
It will exceed your expectations.
What Earl said. Minneapolis/St. Paul runs a really tight ship. We've refined a lot of techniques on game days that translate well to the convention environment. Running what equates to a convention's worth of tables a week will do that.

Last year when a representative from Tubman came out to Skal Con, she was stunned wide eyed in disbelief at what she saw. I expect nothing less this time around. Really, I think we will do better this year. We set a high bar last year and my goal is to always surpass the last version.

The same group of people organized our conventions for the last, what, three years or so. You saw what that kind of continuity does for GenCon. The same thing is true here in Minnesota. I am not lying or being facetious when I say our volunteers make mine and Andy's lives easier. With out them, Skal Con and any other convention we put on would be a train wreck of immense proportions.

Liberty's Edge 5/5

Absolutely. Our volunteers are simply the backbone of what we do.

Dark Archive 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Minnesota—Twin Cities Metro East

We got this locked down! :D I can hardly contain my excitement for this convention. It's a lot of work by a fantastic team. Everyone WILL have a good time. (or else?)

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

Jolene Danner wrote:
We got this locked down! :D I can hardly contain my excitement for this convention. It's a lot of work by a fantastic team. Everyone WILL have a good time. (or else?)

Wei Ji ---

Jolene is our mistress of HQ. No one organizes like she does. She's fantastic.

When she's in charge, we'll have a good time. Or else!

:)

Hmm

1/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Smile and be happy, Pathfinder, the Venture Agent is Your Friend!???

Dark Archive 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Minnesota—Minneapolis aka Silbeg

Our registration application is up and running!

If you haven't already, please go there and register (both for an account on the application, and then register for SkålCon). From there, you will be given a link to pay for your registration. If you have already paid on the Skål Con website, admins will quickly mark you as paid on the registration application.

We are also taking GM volunteers for this convention, see our meetup for information on how to volunteer.

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Captain, Arizona—Phoenix aka TriOmegaZero

Going to have to come visit someday and see what techniques I can steal. :)

5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

I'm having trouble signing up to GM a session (on a work computer).

Could someone sign me up to run 2-14 Chasm of Screams on Sat at 13:00.

Thanks
Walter Helgason

Dark Archive 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Minnesota—Twin Cities Metro South

We manually input GMs from the spreadsheet signups. You are taken care of.

5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

Thanks. I couldn't input in the google docs on my phone or work computer, but I see it on my phone now.

Time to start prepping!

Dark Archive 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Minnesota—Minneapolis aka Silbeg

You know, we could use a five-star like yourself on some of the exclusives, Walter! Just sayin' :D

1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

SKALCon Registration: Complete
Transportation: Arranged (Southwest)
Lodging: Pending...
GM Prep: In Progress...

ITS updating: In Progress...
Pregen Status: Unknown

5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
Jack Brown wrote:
You know, we could use a five-star like yourself on some of the exclusives, Walter! Just sayin' :D

Sure. I can do either 6-98 Serpents Rise or 7-98 Serpents Ire on Saturday morning 8am. Whichever you want.

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Captain, Arizona—Phoenix aka TriOmegaZero

Huh. I guess maybe I could fly in for the weekend, if need be. :)

Of course, given the fustercluk flying back from GenCon...

5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Illinois—Chicago aka thunderspirit

TOZ, if you're gonna fly in, I will make a point to be there myself. :-)

Liberty's Edge 5/5

We'd love to have both of you!

1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Chris Rathunde wrote:
TOZ, if you're gonna fly in, I will make a point to be there myself. :-)

AWWWW ****. It just got real!

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

We want you all! This will be the best SkalCon* ever!

Hmm

* 'Cause we've had more than one, so this statement is totally legit.

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Captain, Arizona—Phoenix aka TriOmegaZero

1 person marked this as a favorite.

She Who Is Infinitely Wiser Than I (Because I Buffed CHA) has pointed out that we have airline vouchers that could be used to defray costs.

So I guess the real question is what lodging looks like. :)

Sovereign Court 4/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Steven Schopmeyer wrote:
So I guess the real question is what lodging looks like. :)

As an agent of Hell, allow me to recommend the Red Roof Inn; it offers all the comforts of home.

Sovereign Court 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Someone signed me up to run 20 miles that weekend. Or else I would be there.

Liberty's Edge 5/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Steven Schopmeyer wrote:

She Who Is Infinitely Wiser Than I (Because I Buffed CHA) has pointed out that we have airline vouchers that could be used to defray costs.

So I guess the real question is what lodging looks like. :)

Currently the Raddison Inn right next door has a few King Sized Beds left. I'm sure we could help you coordinate with some locals who have or are getting a reservation to share room costs with them. Roll-outs are apparently also an option if you want more than one per room.

There are also some others who have rooms at a nearby Marriott that's just a few blocks away.

EDIT: Just booked a double queen room at the Courtyard Marriott about 1.2 miles down the road. My wife and I will be taking one of the beds. Its $460 for 2 nights. Split a few different ways would help defray the cost for folks coming in from out of town.

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

TOZ, am I finally going to meet you?!?!

King, I wish that you could make it. I would love to play at a table with you. Though... Chances are we'd both fight over the tiny dragon bard I keep hearing about in Maelstrom's Rift!

Hmm

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Captain, Arizona—Phoenix aka TriOmegaZero

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:
TOZ, am I finally going to meet you?!?!

Cyzzane is suggesting that we can manage it. :)

5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Illinois—Chicago aka thunderspirit

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, now I gotta, don't I?

Will look further next week when payday hits. :-)

Dark Archive 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Steven Schopmeyer wrote:
Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:
TOZ, am I finally going to meet you?!?!
Cyzzane is suggesting that we can manage it. :)

Woo hoo!

Dark Archive 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Minnesota—Minneapolis aka Silbeg

waltero wrote:
Jack Brown wrote:
You know, we could use a five-star like yourself on some of the exclusives, Walter! Just sayin' :D
Sure. I can do either 6-98 Serpents Rise or 7-98 Serpents Ire on Saturday morning 8am. Whichever you want.

Thanks!

We've got you down for Serpents Ire.

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Captain, Arizona—Phoenix aka TriOmegaZero

Clearly, you need me to run that Serpent's Rise table for my portrayal of the final boss. :)

Dark Archive 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Minnesota—Minneapolis aka Silbeg

Steven Schopmeyer wrote:
Clearly, you need me to run that Serpent's Rise table for my portrayal of the final boss. :)

Clearly.

And thank you for volunteering!

Shadow Lodge 5/5

Jack Brown wrote:
And thank you for volunteering!

It's what I do.

Silver Crusade 3/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Steven Schopmeyer wrote:
Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:
TOZ, am I finally going to meet you?!?!
Cyzzane is suggesting that we can manage it. :)

Plane ticket acquired for TOZ. I encouraged him to go. After all I'm going to Hawaii without him in January ;)

101 to 150 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Events / Local Play / This is Skål Con 2016! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.