This is Skål Con 2016!


Local Play

1 to 50 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive 5/5

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

More piratey shenanigans with fund raising goodness!

When: September 16-18
Where: The Fantasy Flight Games Event Center, Roseville, MN

Again, this year we will donate all proceeds to our favorite local charity: Tubman

Can't make the convention, but still want help out? Then please visit skalcon.org to make a donation.

We set the bar very high with last year's inaugural Skål Con, but I am confident we can not only meet, but exceed what ever goals we set for ourselves. But to do that we need your help.

We are implementing what I hope will become an annual tradition for Skål Con: a food drive! Please bring as much non-perishable food items as you can for donation. Desired items would be things like canned fruits, vegetables, soup, and dry goods (pasta, rice, etc.). As always with food items, we can only accept unopened items in their original packaging. For each item you bring there will be an in-game benefit for your characters.

We are always looking for volunteers because you still make our job (lives) easier. If you are interested, drop me a line or pm. We are a great bunch who are mad about our game and our convention. You will leave feeling good knowing you helped make Skål Con the best it can be.

Have something you want to donate for our silent auction? We'll take it! This year's center piece is a Pathfinder Beta rule book signed by as many Paizo folks as arms we can twist. Plus, if I can track him down at GenCon, Wayne Reynolds said he would draw us a picture on the inside cover. Now, if that doesn't get you a little hopped up, I don't know what will.

Watch this space for future updates. We are lining up guests that I know you will love to meet and potentially play at their tables.

This is gonna be fun people! Let's make it so!


I am going to try to come for my vacation this year. Feel free to talk to me about running when you are ready to create the schedule. I am not sure if I am able to help in other ways, besides food and money of course. I can PM you more contact info. If needed, Mark Straton is my Venture Captain.

Dark Archive 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Nohwear wrote:
I am going to try to come for my vacation this year. Feel free to talk to me about running when you are ready to create the schedule. I am not sure if I am able to help in other ways, besides food and money of course. I can PM you more contact info. If needed, Mark Straton is my Venture Captain.

We can chat at GenCon if you plan to attend.


jon dehning wrote:
Nohwear wrote:
I am going to try to come for my vacation this year. Feel free to talk to me about running when you are ready to create the schedule. I am not sure if I am able to help in other ways, besides food and money of course. I can PM you more contact info. If needed, Mark Straton is my Venture Captain.
We can chat at GenCon if you plan to attend.

That sounds good. Other than I plan to run for MCG for my badge, I do not know my plans yet. We can talk more about this closer to time.

Shadow Lodge 5/5

Oh, THAT'S what I donated to last year? Drop me a line if you need help again. :)

Dark Archive 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
TOZ wrote:
Oh, THAT'S what I donated to last year? Drop me a line if you need help again. :)

We can chat next time I see you, like at Paizo Con.

5/5

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Since I'm not making PaizoCon this year, SkalCon is on my calendar instead! High expectations, so you guys better deliver. ;)

Paizo Employee Contributor—Canadian Maplecakes

5 people marked this as a favorite.

This year, I'll actually stumble down! :)

1/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

We'll see how the budget weathers PaizoCon, GenCon, family trip, and Conception...

Dark Archive 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Minnesota—Minneapolis aka Silbeg

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thurston Hillman wrote:
This year, I'll actually stumble down! :)

That's it, folks! You heard it here first!

Shadow Lodge RPG Superstar 2015

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Thurston Hillman wrote:
This year, I'll actually stumble down! :)

Well if Thursty's going to be there, maybe I wander up.

Shadow Lodge 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
GM Lamplighter wrote:
Since I'm not making PaizoCon this year, SkalCon is on my calendar instead! High expectations, so you guys better deliver. ;)

Well if you're like the Skal-Con or other days of gaming past, you may not remember what it's like.

1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
MisterSlanky wrote:


Well if you're like the Skal-Con or other days of gaming past, you may not remember what it's like.

And that's a vote 'against' trying to figure out logistics...

...getting too old for this *deleted*

Liberty's Edge 5/5

Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:


Well if you're like the Skal-Con or other days of gaming past, you may not remember what it's like.

And that's a vote 'against' trying to figure out logistics...

...getting too old for this *deleted*

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE SLANKEST OF SLANKYONES! SKAL CON IS A TRIP ALL ULFEN MUST COMPLETE AT LEAST ONCE IN THEIR LIFE. THRILL TO THE MAJESTY OF A FULL KITCEHN ON SITE! PINE FOR THE FJORDS AS YOU DONATE TO THE RAFFLE! CONTEMPLATE THE MIDNIGHT SUN WHILE TRYING TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO BID ON ONE OR ALL OF THE SILENT AUCTION ITEMS.

COME LEARNER! COME TO THE GREAT WHITE NORTH! REVEL IN BAD PIRATE JOKES! STARE AT THE PEOPLE WITH FUNNY TITLES AFTER THEIR NAMES! (THEY ARE A FUNNY BUNCH) JUST TRY TO DENY TO YOURSELF THE OPPORTUNITY TO CRACK JOKES AT ANDY CHRISTIAN! NO MAN HAS THAT KIND OF POWER!

GET TRAVEL TIPS FROM THE LOCALS! VISIT THE SCULPTURE GARDEN AT THE WALKER MUSEUM OF ART. LAMENT THE LOSS OF THE MUSEUM OF QUESTIONABLE MEDICAL DEVICES. THRILL TO MINNEHAHA FALLS.

JUST BECAUSE MONSTERSWANKY CAN NOT REMEMBER YESTERDAY MORNING IS NO REASON TO NOT ATTEND THE CON OF CONS, THE MOTHER OF ALL CONS, SKAL CON!

THUNDERLIPS! LOOKS FORWARD TO CONVINCING YOU OF THE ERROR OF YOUR WAYS IN PERSON AT PAIZO CON. EVEN PAINLORD WILL ATTEST TO THE FIRM, POTEMT, VIRILE, CONNESS OF SKAL CON.

4/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Will there be a re-balding or some other enticement? You know how we like enticements.

5/5

Wait... the Museum of Questionable Medical Devices isn't there anymore? >:(

Dark Archive 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
GM Lamplighter wrote:
Wait... the Museum of Questionable Medical Devices isn't there anymore? >:(

Sadly no, it closed a number of years ago.

Dark Archive 5/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Serisan wrote:
Will there be a re-balding or some other enticement? You know how we like enticements.

Maybe?

There is a member of the community walking around with a beard and full shaggy locks. Can you guess who?

Shadow Lodge 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
jon dehning wrote:
GM Lamplighter wrote:
Wait... the Museum of Questionable Medical Devices isn't there anymore? >:(
Sadly no, it closed a number of years ago.

Yes, technically true.

But some of the collection (some of the best parts) can be seen at the Minnesota Science Museum (where all of it was donated).

Shadow Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Since I'm not able to make it to Paizocon this year I may try and make it up there again. I'll let you know soon.

Dark Archive 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
anthonydido wrote:

Since I'm not able to make it to Paizocon this year I may try and make it up there again. I'll let you know soon.

Woooo hooooo!

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


We'll see how the budget weathers PaizoCon, GenCon, family trip, and Conception...

Oh please come, Wei Ji! SkalCon is awesome fun!

Hmm

Sovereign Court 5/5

THUNDERLIPS! wrote:
DO NOT LISTEN TO THE SLANKEST OF SLANKYONES! SKAL CON IS A TRIP ALL ULFEN MUST COMPLETE AT LEAST ONCE IN THEIR LIFE. THRILL TO THE MAJESTY OF A FULL KITCEHN ON SITE! PINE FOR THE FJORDS AS YOU DONATE TO THE RAFFLE! CONTEMPLATE THE MIDNIGHT SUN WHILE TRYING TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO BID ON ONE OR ALL OF THE SILENT AUCTION ITEMS.

Thunderdrips will be there? I'll bring the Advil and earplugs.

*shakes head*

Shadow Lodge RPG Superstar 2015

jon dehning wrote:
GM Lamplighter wrote:
Wait... the Museum of Questionable Medical Devices isn't there anymore? >:(
Sadly no, it closed a number of years ago.

"This is incredibly disappointing," said the gamer nurse.

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:


Well if you're like the Skal-Con or other days of gaming past, you may not remember what it's like.

And that's a vote 'against' trying to figure out logistics...

...getting too old for this *deleted*

This is a geezer-friendly con!!! The hotel is walking distance from the convention site, the food at the store is great, and the people are wonderful. It's a really mellow convention with a couple of loud vikings in it, but they're well mannered vikings who don't smash the furniture and don't kill the gamers next door.

All is good!

Hmm

4/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Hmm wrote:
The hotel is walking distance from the convention site...

For you out-of-towners: I believe there are at least three hotels/motels within walking distance of the event center. Do NOT stay at the Red Roof Inn, though. It's probably the shortest/easiest walk (just across the street, less than half a block away; you can practically look in its windows from the event center), but I cannot anti-recommend it enough. It's the heretofore unknown tenth circle of Hell. Try to get a room at the Radisson.

1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
graypark wrote:
Hmm wrote:
The hotel is walking distance from the convention site...
For you out-of-towners: I believe there are at least three hotels/motels within walking distance of the event center. Do NOT stay at the Red Roof Inn, though. It's probably the shortest/easiest walk (just across the street, less than half a block away; you can practically look in its windows from the event center), but I cannot anti-recommend it enough. It's the heretofore unknown tenth circle of Hell. Try to get a room at the Radisson.

I suspect RRI has the cachet locked down everywhere.

Stayed at the one across the street from the Origin's convention center (in Columbus) one year and it was a markedly unpleasant experience for the amount of coin requested for the stay.

Enough so that the last time I went to Origins I got a room that was a half-mile away from the convention center and had a *much* better weekend for it.

Shadow Lodge 5/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
graypark wrote:
For you out-of-towners: I believe there are at least three hotels/motels within walking distance of the event center. Do NOT stay at the Red Roof Inn, though. It's probably the shortest/easiest walk (just across the street, less than half a block away; you can practically look in its windows from the event center), but I cannot anti-recommend it enough. It's the heretofore unknown tenth circle of Hell. Try to get a room at the Radisson.

Last year you were quite pleased getting a room there. I'm immensely curious to what happened there. Did a gateway to another dimension open in your bathroom which then spewed forth demons?

4/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I was at the Radisson last year and it was a pleasant experience. My only experiences with RRI are via reports from others of bad experiences or news stories about drug busts/murders.

Honestly, the Radisson is just as close, but there's a divider wall instead of a street.

4/5

Pathfinder Maps Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
MisterSlanky wrote:
I'm immensely curious to what happened there.
Serisan wrote:
drug busts/murders

That.

Considering that I booked the Friday of the con and the room was under $50, I'm not complaining... only warning others away.

Dark Archive 5/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Hey everyone!

In honor of this exciting news, please consider donating a "Tubman to Tubman."

Dark Archive 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Hmm wrote:
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:


Well if you're like the Skal-Con or other days of gaming past, you may not remember what it's like.

And that's a vote 'against' trying to figure out logistics...

...getting too old for this *deleted*

This is a geezer-friendly con!!!

Geezer? Really? Look here Miss Spring Chicken....

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Spring chicken -- ha! I count myself with the geezers now, young man!

Hmm

4/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

We prefer the term "differently-aged."

Dark Archive 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Minnesota—Minneapolis aka Silbeg

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Considering that's the weekend of my fiftieth birthday, I will just go with "old"

1/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

What a drag it is getting old
Games are different today
I hear every player say...

*coughs*

4/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Jack Brown wrote:
Considering that's the weekend of my fiftieth birthday, I will just go with "old"

Will you be sporting the ol' Ambrus Valsin facial hair again? I suppose that we won't know until after Gen Con, huh?

Shadow Lodge 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
Jack Brown wrote:
Considering that's the weekend of my fiftieth birthday, I will just go with "old"

I hate to tell you this, but based on what people have said about my age (my family specifically), you've been "old" for awhile.

Dark Archive 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Did you miss out playing Hands of the Muted God for credit last year? Tired of hearing stories of how awesome it was? Wish you had another chance to win a seat at Boomer's table?

Ask, and ye shall receive, for I am nothing if not a benevolent overlord.

Clinton Boomer is attending Skal Con again this year!

If this doesn't provide the hurricane force wind that blows you off that fence post and attend our gathering, then I do not know what will.

Explore Report Cooperate Care

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

Will the scenario be open for lottery again?

Hmm

Liberty's Edge 5/5

One of Clinton's two retired scenarios will be available.

Dark Archive 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Andrew Christian wrote:

One of Clinton's two retired scenarios will be available.

We hope any way. It will depend on how well the cornering of one Mr. John Compton goes at Paizo Con.

4/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
jon dehning wrote:
Andrew Christian wrote:

One of Clinton's two retired scenarios will be available.

We hope any way. It will depend on how well the cornering of one Mr. John Compton goes at Paizo Con.

I think there is no man or woman alive who can stand up to the combined virility of the MN lodge.

Paizo Employee 5/5 Pathfinder Society Lead Developer

9 people marked this as a favorite.
Serisan wrote:
jon dehning wrote:
Andrew Christian wrote:

One of Clinton's two retired scenarios will be available.

We hope any way. It will depend on how well the cornering of one Mr. John Compton goes at Paizo Con.
I think there is no man or woman alive who can stand up to the combined virility of the MN lodge.

If at any point the "combined virility" of a lodge is your way of making a request, I assure you that our answer will be "no."

Dark Archive 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Minnesota—Twin Cities Metro East

1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Compton wrote:
Serisan wrote:
jon dehning wrote:
Andrew Christian wrote:

One of Clinton's two retired scenarios will be available.

We hope any way. It will depend on how well the cornering of one Mr. John Compton goes at Paizo Con.
I think there is no man or woman alive who can stand up to the combined virility of the MN lodge.
If at any point the "combined virility" of a lodge is your way of making a request, I assure you that our answer will be "no."

*sends them back to the drawing board*

4/5 Venture-Agent, Minnesota—St. Louis Park aka BretI

John Compton wrote:
Serisan wrote:
jon dehning wrote:
Andrew Christian wrote:

One of Clinton's two retired scenarios will be available.

We hope any way. It will depend on how well the cornering of one Mr. John Compton goes at Paizo Con.
I think there is no man or woman alive who can stand up to the combined virility of the MN lodge.
If at any point the "combined virility" of a lodge is your way of making a request, I assure you that our answer will be "no."

Would cookies work better? I have a few ranks in cooking skill.

Paizo Employee Contributor—Canadian Maplecakes

5 people marked this as a favorite.
John Compton wrote:
If at any point the "combined virility" of a lodge is your way of making a request, I assure you that our answer will be "no."

Well, there goes my next scenario pitch.

Liberty's Edge 5/5

Serisan wrote:
jon dehning wrote:
Andrew Christian wrote:

One of Clinton's two retired scenarios will be available.

We hope any way. It will depend on how well the cornering of one Mr. John Compton goes at Paizo Con.
I think there is no man or woman alive who can stand up to the combined virility of the MN lodge.

SEEREESAN! YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY NOT MET THE MAN JOHN COMPTON! IF THERE WERE EVER A MAN MORE POTENT, FIRM, AND VRILE THUNDERLIPS! HAS YET TO MEET HIM. MANY A SONG IS SUNG TO THE MAN JOHN COMPTON AS HE HOLDS THE KEY TO THUNDERLIPS! ACQUIRING THE SANGUINE ANIMAL COMPANION TROLLHOUND.

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I am willing to throw in brownies as well as cookies, so that we can earn brownie points!

Hands John Compton a sack filled with brownies

Sorry that they're still squirming like that. Even bound and gagged, they're amazingly wiggly.

Hmm

Scarab Sages 1/5

Um.

Just from the outside looking in here, but y'all is gettin' to a level what where things are gettin' a bit dicey, y'know?

Maybe just a steppin' back a sec an' re'valuatin' y'r options migh' be 'n order?

1 to 50 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Events / Local Play / This is Skål Con 2016! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.