Gonzo 2- The Wildest Book In Pathfinder [Little Red]


Product Discussion


4 people marked this as a favorite.

So, for those of you who had the misfortune of missing our Kickstarter, we have been developing a rather insane book over the last year (you probably noticed a drop off in our releases too). It is called Gonzo 2 and it is a bloody party.

Gonzo 2 is the sequel to Gonzo. Both books focus on non-tradational genre inspirations, humor, and esoteric design principles for advanced players. This monstrous 419 page book includes:

  • A section on improvisational roleplaying and GMing.
  • 18 New Base Classes (Architect, Atomic Adept, Battle Butler, Chess Master, Chimney Sweep, Croupier, Davatti, Dynamancer, Guide Henchling, Henshin Hero, Magical Girl, Monster Cowboy, Multiman, Phantom Thief, Sparkle Princess, Thread Maiden, and Ungermaw)
  • 37 new archetypes
  • 44 new feats (including combat styles, general, class support, and metamagic)
  • 5 pieces of adventuring gear (like the metal jaw- because you always wanted to play Jaws from Bond)
  • 6 new materials
  • 5 new drugs (including “squee!” And “experience”- this is bat country afterall)
  • 22 insane magic items (including the cans of talking, insanity drive, talky bullets, necklace of best friends, and head pot of adequate trash)
  • 14 new ways to enchant your weapons
  • 3 new specific magic armors (including the aptly, if not verbosely, named “Oh Dear Mother of God Why Would Your Do This” Chain)
  • 28 pages of GIANT ROBOT RULES. Yes! You can play GIANT ROBOTS in Pathfinder now!

    *Pants heavily* Ok... I think I covered it all. Did I mention this beast is 419 pages? (1 cover, 1 credit, 3 OGL, 414 of content). Mind you every second of this book is dripping with Gonzo weirdness. And there are literally more pieces of art in this book than pages. Bizarre, weird, offbeat (one might even say... gonzo...) artwork. Guys- this is a book we have been weirding out over for the last year +, I promise you won’t walk away without shaking your head at least a few times while reading this gem.

    It hits today for backers and later this week for all you lucky ducks.

    With pride,
    ~Red


  • 3 people marked this as a favorite.

    I'ma buy this when I can


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Little Red Goblin Games wrote:

    So, for those of you who had the misfortune of missing our Kickstarter, we have been developing a rather insane book over the last year (you probably noticed a drop off in our releases too). It is called Gonzo 2 and it is a bloody party.

    Gonzo 2 is the sequel to Gonzo. Both books focus on non-tradational genre inspirations, humor, and esoteric design principles for advanced players. This monstrous 419 page book includes:

  • A section on improvisational roleplaying and GMing.
  • 18 New Base Classes (Architect, Atomic Adept, Battle Butler, Chess Master, Chimney Sweep, Croupier, Davatti, Dynamancer, Guide Henchling, Henshin Hero, Magical Girl, Monster Cowboy, Multiman, Phantom Thief, Sparkle Princess, Thread Maiden, and Ungermaw)
  • 37 new archetypes
  • 44 new feats (including combat styles, general, class support, and metamagic)
  • 5 pieces of adventuring gear (like the metal jaw- because you always wanted to play Jaws from Bond)
  • 6 new materials
  • 5 new drugs (including “squee!” And “experience”- this is bat country afterall)
  • 22 insane magic items (including the cans of talking, insanity drive, talky bullets, necklace of best friends, and head pot of adequate trash)
  • 14 new ways to enchant your weapons
  • 3 new specific magic armors (including the aptly, if not verbosely, named “Oh Dear Mother of God Why Would Your Do This” Chain)
  • 28 pages of GIANT ROBOT RULES. Yes! You can play GIANT ROBOTS in Pathfinder now!

    *Pants heavily* Ok... I think I covered it all. Did I mention this beast is 419 pages? (1 cover, 1 credit, 3 OGL, 414 of content). Mind you every second of this book is dripping with Gonzo weirdness. And there are literally more pieces of art in this book than pages. Bizarre, weird, offbeat (one might even say... gonzo...) artwork. Guys- this is a book we have been weirding out over for the last year +, I promise you won’t walk away without...

  • As a Backer for this I can attest to its greatness and Gonzoness.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Little Red Goblin Games wrote:

    So, for those of you who had the misfortune of missing our Kickstarter, we have been developing a rather insane book over the last year (you probably noticed a drop off in our releases too). It is called Gonzo 2 and it is a bloody party.

    Gonzo 2 is the sequel to Gonzo. Both books focus on non-tradational genre inspirations, humor, and esoteric design principles for advanced players. This monstrous 419 page book includes:

  • A section on improvisational roleplaying and GMing.
  • 18 New Base Classes (Architect, Atomic Adept, Battle Butler, Chess Master, Chimney Sweep, Croupier, Davatti, Dynamancer, Guide Henchling, Henshin Hero, Magical Girl, Monster Cowboy, Multiman, Phantom Thief, Sparkle Princess, Thread Maiden, and Ungermaw)
  • 37 new archetypes
  • 44 new feats (including combat styles, general, class support, and metamagic)
  • 5 pieces of adventuring gear (like the metal jaw- because you always wanted to play Jaws from Bond)
  • 6 new materials
  • 5 new drugs (including “squee!” And “experience”- this is bat country afterall)
  • 22 insane magic items (including the cans of talking, insanity drive, talky bullets, necklace of best friends, and head pot of adequate trash)
  • 14 new ways to enchant your weapons
  • 3 new specific magic armors (including the aptly, if not verbosely, named “Oh Dear Mother of God Why Would Your Do This” Chain)
  • 28 pages of GIANT ROBOT RULES. Yes! You can play GIANT ROBOTS in Pathfinder now!

    *Pants heavily* Ok... I think I covered it all. Did I mention this beast is 419 pages? (1 cover, 1 credit, 3 OGL, 414 of content). Mind you every second of this book is dripping with Gonzo weirdness. And there are literally more pieces of art in this book than pages. Bizarre, weird, offbeat (one might even say... gonzo...) artwork. Guys- this is a book we have been weirding out over for the last year +, I promise you won’t walk away without...

  • you forgot to mention the prestiges and the slime and teddy bear races.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    I have the first Gonzo and knew about Gonzo 2, but I had NO CONCEPT of the scope. 414 pages of content? Holy macaroni. I'm glad I get paid on Friday.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Christos is right. There are a few prestige classes (impersonator- because you always wanted to play a guy playing a guy, and slimelord- all praise be to Baygorth).

    Not to mention the slime player race (we... had a thing for slimes and oozes), the Teddy bear race, the sugarland mini-setting, Baygorth the Elderslime (a deity whose favored weapon is anything that is green and smells strongly of peaches),and SO much.

    ...reading that back to myself I feel like we might have gone overboard.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    isn't going overboard the point of Gonzo :P

    edit: As another backer, there's a ton of stuff. Absolutely thrilled to try it


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Good to see this is finally done. Though there is hilarity in how some of the classes you developed parallel some ideas Paizo ended up doing as well. (The Vigilante class and its archetypes, especially the magical child.)


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Funny story- we actually cut a "vigilante" prestige class from this book early in the development of it, only to find out later on that Paizo would publish a base class based on the same concept. Worked... somewhat similar (only because of theme).

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    So excited for this book!


    Olom, Lord of Inverted Glyphs wrote:
    So excited for this book!

    As are we! We should be putting it out tomorrow. It'll be live on Paizo shortly after.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I don't know if I'll get it or not, but it makes me laugh, so I'm at least going to check it out when I see it on the store. XD


    Now live on DriveThruRPG! and soon to be up on Paizo.com too!


    The Golem's now got Gonzo 2 on Paizo.com!


    3 people marked this as a favorite.

    One of my favorite third party publishers who always seem to find ideas which are weirdly interesting (in a good way) and somehow make playable Pathfinder compatible material out of it e.g. King of the Ring

    I have some reading to do and am looking forward to it


    Can't wait to hear what you think of it!


    So sparkle princess... sounds totally legit for my impending Hell's Vengeance evil campaign.

    Hey look, d10 hit die and 3/4 BAB because... reasons. And - oh m'gawd - I was totally looking at things and stuff, and I see that you get sparkles at 1st level... totally AWESOME! No having to wait until high levels to get them or anything bogus like that. Then it hit me... see, you get them, but you don't get anything you can use them for until second level. So I said to my giant pink alligator friend, "LAME!" and he totally agreed with me because he's so smart that he eats smart bad people so he gets smarter, and there are a LOT of smart bad people, so he gets REALLY smart, REALLY fast, so that's why you know you can trust him. Unless you're a smart bad person. If you are, then... I guess you can trust him anyways, but he'll eat you and get smarter. So it turns out that at first level, I'm literally a NPC class (warrior), with a +2 bonus to Will instead of +0. Who do I need to feed to my alligator to get this fixed because by first level obviously I've spent all thirteen years of my life fighting the Jello Demons the Chocolate King keeps sending after me (and what's up with those lame lime Jello Demons... yuck-ee!), so I should be able to kill people with smile rainbows or something.

    /me, brain explode.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    So I was looking at the Henshin Hero and I was wondering what was the rationale behind having the Finishing Move have no Tension cost?

    Is the finisher supposed to be the equivalent of Weapon Training or Favored Enemy as a primary damage class feature?


    Insain Dragoon wrote:

    So I was looking at the Henshin Hero and I was wondering what was the rationale behind having the Finishing Move have no Tension cost?

    Is the finisher supposed to be the equivalent of Weapon Training or Favored Enemy as a primary damage class feature?

    So, straight from the designer's mouth:

    The henshin heroes finishing move is their primary damage dealing class feature, but it’s one that gives you a lot of nuance in how you choose to use it. The two main tactics are to use your finishing move once per round, every round. or to sit on your tension until you can throw a bucket of dice at your enemy. Finishing moves has a base damage before tension expenditure so that you aren’t spending points to make your damage just acceptable for your level. It also doesn't cost tension to initiate so that the player who uses his finishing move every turn still gets to make a choice on how their finishing move works. Note that these strategies are basically mutually exclusive as you loose any unspent tension after you perform a finishing move.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Ok, so you can choose to unload a barrage of Finishers against a single target, save up through methods then unleash a finisher suited to ruining a tough enemy (Fighting defensively to stall then unleashing a super touch finisher), or to build it up against the enemy minions, Sentai Style, before unleashing a big finish on the bad guy.

    I like how the mechanic was executed to give so many permutations :)


    Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    I posted some things on the Kickstarter page over here, but never got a response, so wasn't sure if you all at LRGG saw? If you did, sorry, didn't mean to bother you!


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Now THIS looks interesting.
    As I'm on a diet and have spare cash for this week, maybe I'll take a look here...

    Bonus points for having no classes with 2+INT skill points.


    Luthorne wrote:
    I posted some things on the Kickstarter page over here, but never got a response, so wasn't sure if you all at LRGG saw? If you did, sorry, didn't mean to bother you!

    For some reason it never notified us. Fun. I'll get you some answers.


    So, I have a question. In the piercing melee in the mecha section it says "plus any damage bought with the beam melee upgrade" but the mecha section doesn't have a beam melee upgrade. Is there any guidance for that or a faq?

    Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / Gonzo 2- The Wildest Book In Pathfinder [Little Red] All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.