PaizoCon 2016 Events Schedule


PaizoCon General Discussion

151 to 200 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Rules Q&A is also showing up as a lottery event. I don't think it usually is, but could be wrong :).

Liberty's Edge

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I am working on my schedule now for PaizoCOn and I am wondering what time Saturday will the Banquet begin and end?

Community & Digital Content Director

Dragnmoon wrote:
I am working on my schedule now for PaizoCOn and I am wondering what time Saturday will the Banquet begin and end?

7:00 PM to 10:00-11:00-ish. I'll get that information added in some appropriate places once I get a moment :)

Liberty's Edge

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Thanks Chris

The Exchange

Sara Marie wrote:
Corrected.

So, both Emerald Spire events are lottery, correct?

Grand Lodge

http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bhtq
http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bhtr
http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bhts
the title says part 2 but is part 3

Silver Crusade

Anthony Adam wrote:
Anthony Adam wrote:

Hey all

I dont know if this is done normally by Paizo, but just in case, and like me you need to visually see how events line up so you can plan your selections, here is a google shared event map...

I'll try and get the rest done later tonight (UK time), but all of Friday is up (so far).

Linky

Hope someone other than me finds it useful :P

All four days now populated as of time of this post.

I will probably go through and linkify events at some point.

I also added a line on Saturday for the Banquet for those going to that :)

Enjoy.

Thank you very much for this, it's a massive help :-)

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

Thadaus wrote:

http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bhtq

http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bhtr
http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bhts
the title says part 2 but is part 3

Whoopsie, that would be my bad! Thanks for pointing this out. They should be all fixed now. :)

Liberty's Edge

Is Serpent's Ire no longer a lottery event?

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

Andrew Christian wrote:
Is Serpent's Ire no longer a lottery event?

It is! Looks like we just missed some checkboxes. We're still tweaking a few things, so some events still need a little poking before everything is 100% in place.


Hm...when I check off "Game" or any of the options under "Event Type", it gets super glitchy. All I want is to hide all the PFS and card game stuff I don't care about.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So with the Weclome to Paizocon thing when will more info on this be listed? I'm really curious to see this as its my first Paizocon but am torn between this & Bestiary Bash. I suppose it doesn't matter as I may not even get into that & this would be my next choice for the morning.

Also I've not seen anything about the Banquet listed, I may have missed that, when will this be so I can make sure not to schedule something during the banquet.

Community & Digital Content Director

Wolverine690 wrote:

So with the Weclome to Paizocon thing when will more info on this be listed? I'm really curious to see this as its my first Paizocon but am torn between this & Bestiary Bash. I suppose it doesn't matter as I may not even get into that & this would be my next choice for the morning.

Also I've not seen anything about the Banquet listed, I may have missed that, when will this be so I can make sure not to schedule something during the banquet.

The banquet is a special event not available for signup via that page. Tickets are still available for purchase and more information is available here. I will be adding some more information from our FAQ to that page before I head out today as well (such as food options and style).

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

It looks as though some events aren't open for the Lottery when it appears they should be. The issue appears to primarily affect Monday morning's games.

Blood in the Streets (http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bi6b)
Shattered Heart #1 - The Ties That Bind - Part 3 (http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0biaw)
Celestian's Compass (http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bi6l)
We Be Goblins!—Beginner Box Rules (http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bigz)

Also, it’s possible that The Scavenged Codex Tournament Special (http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bib9) on Friday afternoon should be open for Lottery but it’s a 24 person multi-table so perhaps not.

Apologies if already raised or incorrect.


For future reference, a "Hide all not yet open for signup" box would be awesome.

Community & Digital Content Director

Kobold Cleaver wrote:
For future reference, a "Hide all not yet open for signup" box would be awesome.

Yes it would! Consider it wish listed :)


Is Friday's " Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Rules Q&A " meant to be open for signup now?


Hey, I see an event I volunteered to run. Do I need to worry about marking my preference and stuff?

EDIT: Damn, it's in the same timeslot as one I'd been hoping to go to. Oh, well.


Is there no Crafting Circle this year?

Liberty's Edge

Anna Murray wrote:
Is there no Crafting Circle this year?

There's this ...

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
Someone who's a PaizoCon Veteran... is it normal to feel like you're 'under-voting' for the lottery?

In what way? I sometimes feel like it's hard to make choices for my 3 or 4 events but am comfortable with my 1 and 2 events.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Chris Lambertz wrote:
Dragnmoon wrote:
I am working on my schedule now for PaizoCOn and I am wondering what time Saturday will the Banquet begin and end?
7:00 PM to 10:00-11:00-ish. I'll get that information added in some appropriate places once I get a moment :)

If you are checking this, it's already on your e-ticket page with your banquet ticket. :)

Silver Crusade

Chris Lambertz wrote:
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
For future reference, a "Hide all not yet open for signup" box would be awesome.
Yes it would! Consider it wish listed :)

Doesn't the lottery events only button already do that? At least until sign ups start.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pawns Subscriber

I will say that I am sad to see that the Horror in RPGs panel was not on the list this year.


I wouldn't be surprised that there are still some non-lottery stuff that hasn't been entered yet since the priority was to get all the lottery stuff up first.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
the Haunted Jester wrote:
I will say that I am sad to see that the Horror in RPGs panel was not on the list this year.

me too...

Community & Digital Content Director

I could have sworn I posted this here, but for folks looking for information on how this whole system works, please check our How-To thread.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

Maybe I just didn't see it, but is there an interactive this year?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Not at PaizoCon, unfortunately.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

That's really too bad.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Some of the panels which have been run for several years in a row have had their titles given a bit of an update. In some cases this is to allow us to focus on a particular aspect of the content, in others to broaden the scope of what might be discussed and some just got new names to be a bit more descriptive. The Horror in RPGs panel is one of these events. Its popular enough that I do not foresee it being cut from the PaizoCon schedule anytime soon. The updated title for Horror in RPGs panel is "Horror Roleplaying: Terror Tales & Techniques." I had thought we got pages for all the seminars up, but I'm not seeing this one created yet so I'll look into that shortly.

Thanks!


Marc Radle wrote:
Anna Murray wrote:
Is there no Crafting Circle this year?

There's this ...

Poop, I'll be at work...


John Spalding wrote:

Maybe I just didn't see it, but is there an interactive this year?

There's the Special??

http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bhv6

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

Looks like we still have a handful of the Paizo Seminars to still get pages up for. Thanks for everyone's patience!

PS (Subscription pick up opt-in just went live, you can opt-in on your My Subscription page).

Dark Archive

On Sunday morning, from 10-11am there are two seminars with 3 of the same Paizo employees. Did you guys finally perfect cloning?!? The seminars are Ask the Paizo GMs, and Stealth and Subterfuge: Intrigue in Pathfinder. Though now that I think of it, that second one is fitting for being in two places at one time... :)


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

No, they should have done that last year. Bilocation is a spell from Occult Adventures.

Paizo Employee Designer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Alanya wrote:
On Sunday morning, from 10-11am there are two seminars with 3 of the same Paizo employees. Did you guys finally perfect cloning?!? The seminars are Ask the Paizo GMs, and Stealth and Subterfuge: Intrigue in Pathfinder. Though now that I think of it, that second one is fitting for being in two places at one time... :)

Cloning John and Linda has always been part of the long-term agenda for Pathfinder Society. I just happened to luck out because the economics make cloning three people cost basically as much as two.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, now I feel like Paizo needs to mark the upcoming release of Paranoia's newest version with a "Friend Postmaster"-edition convention game next year. :)


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Smile and be happy, Citizen, the Computer is your Friend!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Yesterday I saw James Sutter and Christopher Paul Carey as having one-on-one writing career counseling sessions, but now I only see Mr. Sutter's. (Not to mention CPC isn't under the list of "Game Masters" anymore) Is CPC no longer doing that event?


Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Hey, I see an event I volunteered to run. Do I need to worry about marking my preference and stuff?

So, any answer for this?

Liberty's Edge

Starfinder Superscriber

I never did in the past, but in the past I never had the option to.

I also seem to have the ability to mark preferences for things that are at the same time as the PFS games I'm running; I don't remember if I had that option in the past. (I know at some point it tells me about conflicts.) I was careful not to rank anything that was at the same time as a game I volunteered for.


Has there been any announcement about the balance between PFS Classic and Core this year? Last year the schedule had an even split between the two (engendering all manner of grumbling and predictions of the end of days), and this year there doesn't seem to be any mention of core in the schedule. I'm trying to plan out PFS options with some friends and it would be great to know this info.

Apologies if there was a post about this somewhere already, but I couldn't find it.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Core is not being scheduled separately. Any table can switch to core if the group agrees to it. Best bet is to make a party of people that want to play Core and ask to be mustered with a GM interested in a Core credit.


TriOmegaZero wrote:
Core is not being scheduled separately. Any table can switch to core if the group agrees to it. Best bet is to make a party of people that want to play Core and ask to be mustered with a GM interested in a Core credit.

Okay, thanks for the quick reply, TOZ!

Shadow Lodge

TOZ is always here.


Hi. I'm new to PaizoCon, this will be my first one. Very excited, but I don't understand this lottery system. It says it's live and started last Thursday, but I can't seem to select anything. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.
Joe


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Diafanus wrote:

Hi. I'm new to PaizoCon, this will be my first one. Very excited, but I don't understand this lottery system. It says it's live and started last Thursday, but I can't seem to select anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Joe

Diafanus: If you have a ticket to the convention, the items that have a lottery slot should have a space with a '0' in it with five numbers underneath (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) that will bring up a tool-tip for what each number means if you hold the mouse over it.

Click one of those numbers, and that priority will be assigned to the event in question.

Part of the confusion I had with this earlier (and may be yours, as well) is that NOT all events are lottery events, so as a result, those will go 'live' at a slightly later date.

Hopefully this helps some?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Another thing that helps is the checkboxes on the lefthand side. There's one specifically for Lottery events, so if you check that box, only the lottery events will show up.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

Alanya wrote:
On Sunday morning, from 10-11am there are two seminars with 3 of the same Paizo employees. Did you guys finally perfect cloning?!? The seminars are Ask the Paizo GMs, and Stealth and Subterfuge: Intrigue in Pathfinder. Though now that I think of it, that second one is fitting for being in two places at one time... :)

Ask the Paizo GM's at 10am has been moved to the correct date of Monday.

151 to 200 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / PaizoCon / General Discussion / PaizoCon 2016 Events Schedule All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.