Any news on Mummy's Mask?


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game General Discussion

1 to 50 of 146 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

I know we're all focused on the Obsidian app, but is there any news on the Mummy's Mask PACG? I loved S&S, but didn't care enough of WotR to finish it. I'm hoping MM brings back the sleeker gameplay from the first two games.

Grand Lodge

They put it off 'til later in the year because the retailers and distributors told Paizo that their target audience wasn't ready for another boxed set yet. I believe it's Summer or Fall.

See the blog post here.


James McKendrew wrote:

They put it off 'til later in the year because the retailers and distributors told Paizo that their target audience wasn't ready for another boxed set yet. I believe it's Summer or Fall.

See the blog post here.

Thank you. I should have been more clear in my post. Is there any news beyond the fact that it was delayed? Hero list? Location and obstacles? Villains? Adjustments to gameplay and difficulty? I'm not an RPGer so each adventure path is new to me.


Mike mentioned it in an interview with the Dice Tower at the GAMA Trade Show.

Silver Crusade

There are a couple of Mummy blessings in the Oracle Class Deck, at least assuming these blessings of Ancient Osiriani deities are from Mummy's Mask, which I think is safe. The blessing of Osiris can be used to add 1d4 to the number of cards you heal, or to add a d4 to a check that invokes the healing trait (so I guess mostly to recharge your healing spells, or for things like life leech?). The blessing of Isis can add 1 die and the acid trait to any check, or add two dice to a check that invokes the acid or construct trait. Both can be used to explore your exploration, and be recharged if they match the top card of the blessings deck.

Pathfinder ACG Developer

Some other MM cards (and terminology, like invokes) have been trickling into the class decks.

I mean, uhh, it's a total coincidence that armor is made of Crocodile Skin, or that item is also based on an Osirion deity. Etc.


Hawkmoon269 wrote:
Mike mentioned it in an interview with the Dice Tower at the GAMA Trade Show.

Thanks Hawkmoon, I missed that. Not much info, but good to see Mike all the same. I'm SO looking forward to Apocrypha!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Thanks Hawkmoon, I missed that. Not much info, but good to see Mike all the same. I'm SO looking forward to Apocrypha!

Seriously! Wonderful moment at last GenCon: I was playing PACG (like ya do) and someone said, "Hey, if you wanna get your Promo card signed, now's the time. That's Mike Selinker over there." And I'm all like, "WHAT promo card?" and I'm immediately handed a Temptation of the Big Die. Sure enough, Mike came over to sign our cards, and I said, (note the exact same words) "I'm SO looking forward to Apocrypha." He said, "Me too... (*beat, conspiratorial smile*) Wanna see some art?" He pulled out his smartphone and showed me. I think most of that art has since been released in a KS update, now, so y'all already know it's awesome. So, that's my first personal impression of Mike.


Eliandra Giltessan wrote:
The blessing of Osiris can be used to add 1d4 to the number of cards you heal, or to add a d4 to a check that invokes the healing trait (so I guess mostly to recharge your healing spells, or for things like life leech?).

There are a few other interesting cases where you could get the d4. Some weapons have the Healing trait:

Invigorating Kukri +1
Chellan, Sword of Greed
Karzoug's Burning Glaive

Plus, it can help you acquire those Healing trait cards as well. And there are a few items that have the trait that have recharge checks (like Crystal of Healing Hands).

Adventure Card Game Designer

James McKendrew wrote:
Wonderful moment at last GenCon: I was playing PACG (like ya do) and someone said, "Hey, if you wanna get your Promo card signed, now's the time. That's Mike Selinker over there." And I'm all like, "WHAT promo card?" and I'm immediately handed a Temptation of the Big Die. Sure enough, Mike came over to sign our cards, and I said, (note the exact same words) "I'm SO looking forward to Apocrypha." He said, "Me too... (*beat, conspiratorial smile*) Wanna see some art?" He pulled out his smartphone and showed me. I think most of that art has since been released in a KS update, now, so y'all already know it's awesome. So, that's my first personal impression of Mike.

Oh, I am always willing to show off some cool art.

Grand Lodge

Mike Selinker wrote:
Oh, I am always willing to show off some cool art.

I've noticed that about you... B-) It was a lot of fun!

Grand Lodge

Mike has always been a great presence at GenCon. He helped me get a few signatures for gifts for Hawkmoon and Andrew Klein last year. And the year before he introduced me to one of the inventors of Cards Against Humanity as I got him to sign my S&S base box. He's a real good guy, always wanting to get more people into games and puzzles.

Sovereign Court

Theryon Stormrune wrote:
Mike has always been a great presence at GenCon. He helped me get a few signatures for gifts for Hawkmoon and Andrew Klein last year. And the year before he introduced me to one of the inventors of Cards Against Humanity as I got him to sign my S&S base box. He's a real good guy, always wanting to get more people into games and puzzles.

And I get to game with him at GenCon 2016! (Most expensive part of my trip, but soooo worth it)

Grand Lodge

Andrew L Klein wrote:
And I get to game with him at GenCon 2016! (Most expensive part of my trip, but soooo worth it)

Ah, I didn't manage to game with Mike.

However, I'll be gaming with Monte Cook, Shanna Germain, and John Wick.


James McKendrew wrote:
Andrew L Klein wrote:
And I get to game with him at GenCon 2016! (Most expensive part of my trip, but soooo worth it)

Ah, I didn't manage to game with Mike.

However, I'll be gaming with Monte Cook, Shanna Germain, and John Wick.

Getting in some Ninth World? Jealous...

Grand Lodge

MAJBrown22 wrote:
Getting in some Ninth World? Jealous...

Yeah. Numenera with Monte Cook, Predation with Shanna Germain, and 7th Sea with John Wick.


The lack of a proper preview is driving me nuts. I'm really looking forward to a character list, gameplay changes, some card art, discussions on obstacles and monsters, location effects, etc. I'm also curious to see if anything from Lone Shark's other adventure card games, Apocrypha and The Ninth World, have rubbed off on PACG or vice versa.

Most of all, I just can't wait to get into a new PACG epic adventure! There aren't many things in gaming more satisfying than shuffling in a new adventure deck...

Adventure Card Game Designer

We tend not to write the previews until the set actually ships to the printer. Till then, anything can change. Hell, Vic could tell us the brand team wants it changed to "Puppy's Mask" and we'd revise it.

Grand Lodge

I double-dog-DARE you to release Puppy's Mask... You have time now. B-)

Grand Lodge

James McKendrew wrote:
I double-dog-DARE you to release Puppy's Mask... You have time now. B-)

If Puppy's Mask got through to the printers, I think we could blame the editor, right Vic?


Mike Selinker wrote:
We tend not to write the previews until the set actually ships to the printer...

Just send the d#$£# thing to the printer and be done with it. Now getting back to our regular previews...

:-)

Adventure Card Game Designer

Frencois wrote:
Just send the d#$£# thing to the printer and be done with it.

I assure you that you don't want that to happen before Vic finishes editing it.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Theryon Stormrune wrote:
James McKendrew wrote:
I double-dog-DARE you to release Puppy's Mask... You have time now. B-)
If Puppy's Mask got through to the printers, I think we could blame the editor, right Vic?

I'd blame Cosmo, myself.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Mike Selinker wrote:
Frencois wrote:
Just send the d#$£# thing to the printer and be done with it.
I assure you that you don't want that to happen before Vic finishes editing it.

I'm 100% convinced that this is the most accurate statement ever.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

vi mummy's_mask.txt
:%s/Mummy/Puppy/g
:wq

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!


Does Puppy's Mask come with more Dogslicers?

Grand Lodge

MightyJim wrote:
Does Puppy's Mask come with more Dogslicers?

No.

Grand Lodge

Theryon Stormrune wrote:
MightyJim wrote:
Does Puppy's Mask come with more Dogslicers?
No.

In point of fact, the introduction to the Goblineviscerator should be fairly spectacular.

"Reveal to succeed at all checks to defeat a bane with the Goblin trait slowly, painfully, and messily."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm sure Raz would enjoy Puppy's Mask very much. ALL THE PUPPY MOUNTS!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*raises hand* I-I would also like all the puppy mounts...

Grand Lodge

Rebel Song wrote:
I'm sure Raz would enjoy Puppy's Mask very much. ALL THE PUPPY MOUNTS!

It never occurred to me 'til now how much Raz must loathe and despise goblins.


James McKendrew wrote:
Rebel Song wrote:
I'm sure Raz would enjoy Puppy's Mask very much. ALL THE PUPPY MOUNTS!
It never occurred to me 'til now how much Raz must loathe and despise goblins.

We took Raz and Ekkie through Runelords. There were some tense moments...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My Raz is sitting pretty at the moment: She killed Baphomet last night!

Grand Lodge

My Raz only has two completed Scenarios under her belt. She was a whim, but she's fun to play.


I took Raz to AD3 and then finished The Demon's Redoubt, so it is Raz (the Dog Rider Knight) and Arueshalae (the Redeemed). I haven't gone past the next scenario just because I was so used to playing solo that I have to switch my ideas for playing with two characters! :)

Adventure Card Game Designer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
James McKendrew wrote:

vi mummy's_mask.txt

:%s/Mummy/Puppy/g
:wq

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

This is an emacs shop, sir.M-x get-that-vi-garbage-outta-here

Grand Lodge

Tanis O'Connor wrote:

This is an emacs shop, sir.M-x get-that-vi-garbage-outta-here

Eh. I only used emacs when I was learning LISP because it showed me which open-paren I was closing. My NATIVE editor is VMS EDT, but I don't have much use for those skills anymore...

And if you can't use hjkl to move around in nethack, you aren't cool enough to PLAY, dangit.

Edit: Besides, the vi thing makes my plot more insidious.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Maps, Rulebook Subscriber

FRemacs$TECO$


Theryon Stormrune wrote:
MightyJim wrote:
Does Puppy's Mask come with more Dogslicers?
No.

I love how you just shut him down like that. It's a rare talent, really.


"Puppy's Mask" contains the dreaded Puppy Monkey Baby from the Mountain Dew Kickstart commercial. You can reduce the difficulty of the check by 4 if you consume a 16oz or larger Mountain Dew product before making the check.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also, the Puppy Monkey Baby card has already been sent off to the printers, so here's the FAQ item for it:

Can I reduce the difficulty of the check by 4 if I've consumed 16oz or more of Mountain Dew at any point in my life?

No. You must consume Mountain Dew prior to making the die roll.

The text "if you consume a 16oz or larger Mountain Dew product before making the check" should be changed to "if you consume a 16oz or larger Mountain Dew product immediately prior to making the check."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
James McKendrew wrote:

vi mummy's_mask.txt

:%s/Mummy/Puppy/g
:wq

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That would be:

vi mummy\'s_mask.txt

Your command would end up giving you a continuation line.

Grand Lodge

hfm wrote:


That would be:

vi mummy\'s_mask.txt

Your command would end up giving you a continuation line.

Good catch.


Any news BEYOND MM?


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I hear that after Puppy's Mask comes Curse of the Crimson Dot, where your team of kittens attempts to discover a way to capture the constantly escaping Crimson Dot (secretly under the control of Queen Ilemeowsa).

Sovereign Court

Myfly wrote:
Any news BEYOND MM?

Considering how little we have about Mummy's Mask...

No

Silver Crusade

I had a dream the other night that someone accidentally leaked the next set. Does that count?


We do know that it was called Keith's set. Not sure how much that really tells you though.

Pathfinder ACG Developer

Man, I'm not sure either. I'm kinda curious to see what mixture of adjectives I get dubbed with when the time comes :)

Adventure Card Game Designer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Parody wrote:
I hear that after Puppy's Mask comes Curse of the Crimson Dot, where your team of kittens attempts to discover a way to capture the constantly escaping Crimson Dot (secretly under the control of Queen Ilemeowsa).

10/10, would play again.

1 to 50 of 146 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Card Game / General Discussion / Any news on Mummy's Mask? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.