Young Justice News


Television

1 to 50 of 86 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

http://screenrant.com/young-justice-showrunner-season-3/

Gist: If Warner is willing to bring the show back - it was never officially cancelled - Netflix is interested. Which loops Warner's Cartoon Network out. Half the battle right there. And Vietti, Weisman, and many of the other creators will come back.

YJ was so much better than anything DC has done (animated or print) for the last 5 years.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

This is excellent news. Here's hoping they pick up where they left off.

We're coming for you, wally.


Wouldn't bringing him back kinda make his sacrifice pointless?

I really hope this series continues. It's just amazing.


Let's hope it works out.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Azten wrote:
Wouldn't bringing him back kinda make his sacrifice pointless?

...No?

He still sacrificed himself to save them, with no guarantee he'd be saved at a later date. That's still heroic, whether he stays gone or not.


Sundakan wrote:
Azten wrote:
Wouldn't bringing him back kinda make his sacrifice pointless?

...No?

He still sacrificed himself to save them, with no guarantee he'd be saved at a later date. That's still heroic, whether he stays gone or not.

Especially if bringing him back is an arc storyline rather than an episode or two. If there is a time jump and he comes back during that, THEN I'd say the sacrifice was kind of pointless.


Let's put it in a Pathfinder kind of setting.

"Aw, man, Wally died for us... You got that ring of wishes, right? Might as well use it. He owes us."

Liberty's Edge

Comic books.

No one stays dead except for Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy, Bucky, and the Waynes.


Well, Gwen Stacy is alive now, technically (alt universe Spider-Gwen, but coexists with Peter).

Liberty's Edge

Do you think that strengthens or weakens my argument? Hmm?


Depends on your point of view. =)


Krensky wrote:

Comic books.

No one stays dead except for Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy, Bucky, and the Waynes.

And they have technically brought back Gwen and Thomas.

Two story arc ideas I'd had, both related to trying to bring Wally back.

First, Dick, Kaldur, Roy, and Gar, join a new team. Consisting of an alien princess, a demon's daughter, a cyborg, and Wonder Woman's younger sister/clone. Yeah, an excuse to do the Titans.

Second, several team members get involved in an experiment gone awry. Their experiment interacts with a similar effort in another universe (call it Earth-16.2). They find themselves in a strange universe, confronted by their counterparts: the sidekicks/junior partners/kids of the Justice Society, Infinity Inc.: Power Girl, Huntress, Fury, Jessie Quick, Jade, Obsidian, Silver Scarab, Brainwave Jr. etc.

Unfortunately, both teams were transported to a third universe (a mix of Earth-3 and 10). On this world, Per Degaton seized power in 1947. In the present day, he uses a meta-human team resembling the Justice League or Justice Society to maintain power. Half of both teams are caught and sent to a re-education center (Belle Reve's counterpart). To save them the Team and Infinity Inc. must gain the aid of the Freedom Fighters: Uncle Sam, Human Bomb, Dollman, Black Condor, The Ray, Phantom Lady, and Plastic Man.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ooh, I'd love to see this show return, especially if they can keep the same level of quality.

Young Justice and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes were some of the best animated superhero series, both cancelled and replaced by, IMO, lesser shows.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Just rewatched the entire series on Netflix and now I'm going to purchase the BluRays and gift my DVD's to a friend.

Young Justice is a great, GREAT show that was ended waaaaaaaay too soon.

I hope people are watching and supporting this show on Netflix. I hope the rumors are true that if enough people are watching it they'll think about brining it back.

I'm not a DC Comics fan these days (since New 52 the only DC branded book I purchase on a regular basis is Kurt Busiek's ASTRO CITY) but at one time their animated shows were the pinnacle of what animated super hero shows could achieve. Batman the Animated Series, Superman, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited and now Young Justice are excellent TV.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Set wrote:

Ooh, I'd love to see this show return, especially if they can keep the same level of quality.

Young Justice and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes were some of the best animated superhero series, both cancelled and replaced by, IMO, lesser shows.

I picked up Avengers:EMH on Blu-Ray for Christmas. Unlike the DVD release, where they deliberately put episodes out of order, this set is excellent. One box, 2 discs, per season.

And there were three basic reasons it is better than assemble.
1) Creators embraced the insanity of comic books, instead of the toned down "realistic" approach.
2) Hawkeye is cocky and will stand up to anyone. Unlike the whiny Agent Barton of Assemble. Which is better:
"whaah! Hulk ate the last cookie! Whaah!" or
"If you don't give me Doctor Banner in the next ten seconds, you and me are gonna have a problem."
3) Janet "the winsome Wasp" Van Dyne.


ShinHakkaider wrote:

Just rewatched the entire series on Netflix and now I'm going to purchase the BluRays and gift my DVD's to a friend.

Young Justice is a great, GREAT show that was ended waaaaaaaay too soon.

I hope people are watching and supporting this show on Netflix. I hope the rumors are true that if enough people are watching it they'll think about brining it back.

I'm not a DC Comics fan these days (since New 52 the only DC branded book I purchase on a regular basis is Kurt Busiek's ASTRO CITY) but at one time their animated shows were the pinnacle of what animated super hero shows could achieve. Batman the Animated Series, Superman, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited and now Young Justice are excellent TV.

Though done with CGI, if you like those, you should check out the Green Lantern the Animated Series.


GreenDragon1133 wrote:
Set wrote:

Ooh, I'd love to see this show return, especially if they can keep the same level of quality.

Young Justice and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes were some of the best animated superhero series, both cancelled and replaced by, IMO, lesser shows.

I picked up Avengers:EMH on Blu-Ray for Christmas. Unlike the DVD release, where they deliberately put episodes out of order, this set is excellent. One box, 2 discs, per season.

And there were three basic reasons it is better than assemble.
1) Creators embraced the insanity of comic books, instead of the toned down "realistic" approach.
2) Hawkeye is cocky and will stand up to anyone. Unlike the whiny Agent Barton of Assemble. Which is better:
"whaah! Hulk ate the last cookie! Whaah!" or
"If you don't give me Doctor Banner in the next ten seconds, you and me are gonna have a problem."
3) Janet "the winsome Wasp" Van Dyne.

So many great moments on that show: Thor and Wasp mocking MODOK, Hawkeye constantly giving Hulk lip, the Avengers plus FF vs. Doctor Doom (and the way the show handled Doom in general), Yellowjacket snarking at the Avengers and their habits, Hulk and The Thing's rivalry, the list goes on and on.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

One of the great moments from Avengers: EMH was Absorbing Man taking on the aspects of Mjolnir. Sure, he kicked Thor's butt for a few moments, until Thor showed him exactly who it was that Mjolnir answers to. Then he threw him into the sky - the poor sap didn't show up again until the end of the episode - at a perfectly dramatic (and humorous) moment.

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.

My favorite moments from Young Justice are some of the smaller character moments.

The League discussing who is going to be invited, and Wonder Woman calling Batman out on starting Robin out so young. That interaction is really interesting to me. Some great moments in that whole scene, from tense questions about Dr. Fate (Nabu has essentially kidnapped his mortal host) to Hal and John's funny reaction to the thought of inviting Guy Gardner to the League.

Similarly, there's a moment when Megan has a big reveal to her friends, and Kaldur, from an *extremely* cosmopolitan version of Atlantis (with a half-dozen very different looking Atlantean races, some part fish, some with squid-heads, etc. making it kind of the Kaer Maga of Atlantises) is all 'Eh, no big, did you think we were that shallow?' while, behind him, his teammates are all shocked and recoiling, contrasting his unflappable reaction, and, unintentionally, putting his words in question. I liked that entire episode, but that scene was particularly pointy.

The Superman / Conner subplot, in which Superman is pretty clearly unwilling to even deal with Conners existence, and has to have a talking to from Batman, of all people, about parental responsibilities, was also neat, and the sort of thing that animation's third dimension seems to flesh out, compared to the flat page (where any sort of 'deep' conversation turns into panel after panel of talking heads, and it loses some of it's appeal, IMO).


Krensky wrote:

Comic books.

No one stays dead except for Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy, Bucky, and the Waynes.

Marvel's Captain Marvel is still dead.


Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Krensky wrote:

Comic books.

No one stays dead except for Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy, Bucky, and the Waynes.

Marvel's Captain Marvel is still dead.

True, but he comes back on a temporary basis every few years in order to keep the rights, much like Barry Allen used to do when Wally West was still the Flash.


Set wrote:

My favorite moments from Young Justice are some of the smaller character moments.

The League discussing who is going to be invited, and Wonder Woman calling Batman out on starting Robin out so young. That interaction is really interesting to me. Some great moments in that whole scene, from tense questions about Dr. Fate (Nabu has essentially kidnapped his mortal host) to Hal and John's funny reaction to the thought of inviting Guy Gardner to the League.

Similarly, there's a moment when Megan has a big reveal to her friends, and Kaldur, from an *extremely* cosmopolitan version of Atlantis (with a half-dozen very different looking Atlantean races, some part fish, some with squid-heads, etc. making it kind of the Kaer Maga of Atlantises) is all 'Eh, no big, did you think we were that shallow?' while, behind him, his teammates are all shocked and recoiling, contrasting his unflappable reaction, and, unintentionally, putting his words in question. I liked that entire episode, but that scene was particularly pointy.

The Superman / Conner subplot, in which Superman is pretty clearly unwilling to even deal with Conners existence, and has to have a talking to from Batman, of all people, about parental responsibilities, was also neat, and the sort of thing that animation's third dimension seems to flesh out, compared to the flat page (where any sort of 'deep' conversation turns into panel after panel of talking heads, and it loses some of it's appeal, IMO).

Yeah, the handling of Dr. Fate was interesting, the classic great power at great price deal.

I also loved the handling of the Superman/Conner relationship. As great a person as Clark is, it made sense that his initial reaction to the news that someone secretly cloned him wasn't all hugs and puppy dogs, but as he got to know Conner and come to grips with what his existence actually meant, he was able to accept him as a "little brother" if not a son.

Liberty's Edge

8 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

WB bringing back Young Justice


Whoooo!


Yes! :D Netflics here I come! Plus MORE Khary Payton!


Jaw is literally dropped, never expected this to happen. Were the Netflix numbers that good?

Don't care what caused this, just great news to hear
(now tomorrow the world explodes just to Fk with us)


Grey,

It might. Or it might explode at Christmas.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I saw this on Yahoo just now. YESYESYESYESYES!!!!

Fellin' the aster.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CBDunkerson wrote:
WB bringing back Young Justice

Squeeeeeee!


Indeed! Let all the world Squee out, Young Justice Season 3!


Krensky wrote:

Comic books.

No one stays dead except for Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy, Bucky, and the Waynes.

And the Kree Captain Mar-Vell.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Grey Lensman wrote:
Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Krensky wrote:

Comic books.

No one stays dead except for Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy, Bucky, and the Waynes.

Marvel's Captain Marvel is still dead.
True, but he comes back on a temporary basis every few years in order to keep the rights, much like Barry Allen used to do when Wally West was still the Flash.

He doesn't come back to life.. he usually shows up as a spirit guide. Or he's revealed to be a Skrull duplicate who got lost in his part.


Excellent. Can't wait for the return of Static!


I know! Remembering him from the Static Shock cartoon got me excited for his time on YJ.


Is it too much to hope that Cassandra Cain might join the cast?


Troodos,

Might be since she's not a well received member atm.

Also glad they're keeping Mar-Vell dead.


Thomas Seitz wrote:

Troodos,

Might be since she's not a well received member atm.

Also glad they're keeping Mar-Vell dead.

In what way do you mean? The only people I've seen who don't like her are DC editors.


Troodos wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Troodos,

Might be since she's not a well received member atm.

Also glad they're keeping Mar-Vell dead.

In what way do you mean? The only people I've seen who don't like her are DC editors.

That's Marvel. Mar-Vell was the original Kree Captain Marvel who died of cancer in Marvel's Graphic Novel Number One.


Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Troodos wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Troodos,

Might be since she's not a well received member atm.

Also glad they're keeping Mar-Vell dead.

In what way do you mean? The only people I've seen who don't like her are DC editors.
That's Marvel. Mar-Vell was the original Kree Captain Marvel who died of cancer in Marvel's Graphic Novel Number One.

No, I'm talking about Cass Cain


Troodos,

I'm saying that mostly because it's not like there has been a huge clamor for her to show up in other media like say, Barbara Gordon or even Harley Quinn.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

She's a much newer character than either. Harley originated in "other media" and Barbara Gordon has been a prominent character for a long time. Not really a surprise there's not a lot of clamoring.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The only ones clamoring for Barbara Gordon are the DC Editors. Fans might want Batgirl, but there are few actually wanting that version.

Barbara's first ongoing series was launched in 2011. It has only surpassed Stephanie Brown's series in # issues due to the editorially mandated cancellation/reboot. It won't surpass Cassandra Cain's (also cancelled by editorial mandate, not sales) for a few more years.


Thomas Seitz wrote:

Troodos,

I'm saying that mostly because it's not like there has been a huge clamor for her to show up in other media like say, Barbara Gordon or even Harley Quinn.

You obviously haven't been looking at the same people as I have. Cass's fanbase (self included) is pretty vocal. As GreenDragon1133 said, Cass's series sold very well, and despite a decade of Dan Didio trying to grind the character into obscurity, DC is finally rereleasing her series in collected editions, and they seem to be pretty successful.


I must have missed that thanks to following everything after Geoff Johns rebooted Green Lantern.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Troodos wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Troodos,

I'm saying that mostly because it's not like there has been a huge clamor for her to show up in other media like say, Barbara Gordon or even Harley Quinn.

You obviously haven't been looking at the same people as I have. Cass's fanbase (self included) is pretty vocal. As GreenDragon1133 said, Cass's series sold very well, and despite a decade of Dan Didio trying to grind the character into obscurity, DC is finally rereleasing her series in collected editions, and they seem to be pretty successful.

Cass is okay. Her fans can be a bit annoying.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I got my my ex in Toronto to start watching Young Justice after about five months of hesitating.

While she complained it was a slow start, she plowed through the first 7 episodes in one seating.

She sent me a message asking who the Light were.

I said 'you should guess,' knowing full well at best she would only guess Lex Luthor, the rest she most likely had not heard of.

Her guess, 'The Hellfire Club'.

I text her 'that's not a same world.'

She said, 'well it should be.'

Damn.

Ok. Maybe that would be cool.

edit the ex could rock a DC version of the White Queen.

Scarab Sages

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Shouldn't this be in the television thread section?

Silver Crusade

Is there an ETA for Season 3?

Silver Crusade

There is no current date for release at this time. Heck, we don't even know if Netflix will be the one to show it once it is released (though I'm hoping that will be the case, since airing there will remove the toy sales demon which brought it down in the first place).

Now, if they would just bring back Thundercats...


THUNDERCATS! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 to 50 of 86 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Television / Young Justice News All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.