My humble bundle - donate my beginners box


Customer Service

Scarab Sages

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Morning all,

Could I ask that the beginner's box that I got as part of my humble bundle be removed from my account and donated to a school/library/Care home/day centre.

If a Care home is near by thatd be amazing. I think RPGs could be really good for older adults!


minoritarian wrote:


Could I ask that the beginner's box that I got as part of my humble bundle be removed from my account and donated to a school/library/Care home/day centre.

Same goes for me. Admittedly, I originally wanted the physical copy, but as shipping to Switzerland costs me a hefty 50$ I don't see it coming.

So, please donate also my physical copy of the beginner's box to someone who wants it but is not able to pay for it. Care home, e.g., sounds great to me. Thanks.

Keep the dice rolling,
Itairion


Itairion wrote:
but as shipping to Switzerland costs me a hefty 50$ I don't see it coming.

Thank you for putting a number on it. I did not go for the physical copy as I suspected shipping and taxes would bring me close to or over the price you have to pay here (e.g. 34€ on amazon.de; that's about 37$; oh and of course that come then with free shipping)

I really hope that the paizo people can work something out


I'd like to do the same if it can be arranged. A local (to the warehouse) Seattle school care centre or children's home? How much is local shipping for the boxed set? Could anyone at the warehouse let us know an address to ship to?


Overseas shipping can be a pain, especially since some nations charge custom fees or VAT/GST on both the item AND the postage.

One kickstarter (a gaming product) I know arranged to send their European orders in bulk to a UK distributor to avoid some of the draconian crap that gets applied, plus the shipping was a lot cheaper by doing a container to the UK, then whatever combinations needed of Euro post from there.
Some Canadians got charged 50% or more fees by Canada Post (or whatever it's called) & their customs/tariffs people because postal inspectors ignored rules on what defined a US product (product was made for north american sale, distributed from the Detroit area, but the components were made in China), or otherwise labeled it as falling in a completely different category for import than the one it was supposed to be in.

Another KS for a blu-ray shipped directly from the US, and on top of the extra postage, many of the people got charged 20-80% in fees by their government. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madoverlord/bubblegum-crisis-ultimate- edition-blu-ray-set/posts/1116416

It's not my circus or monkeys (being in the US), but hopefully Paizo might want to look into alternatives before having such a physical bonus to an online promotion. It might be cheaper to arrange one mass shipping of the bonus items to Europe and have someone distribute from there, and try to find some way of getting Canadian supporters' items across the border before mailing them.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

Hi there everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions! Just wanted to give a quick update to let you know that we're currently looking into the logistics of donating Beginner Boxes. While we don't have any definite answers yet, we'll let you know as soon as we have some more information for you.

Thanks so much for your patience!
Katina


Katina, I'm also interested in this. I set my bundle price at 24.99 because i didn't want to deal with the shipping costs, but if there's a way to have the boxes donated to child's play, or even to just transfer ownership to another poster who's willing to pay the shipping costs, I'd go back and increase my price.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

If anyone wants to donate their Beginner Boxes to me, I'll be happy to pay for them to get bulk shipped to me. I'll take as many as you want to send. :)

-Skeld


I wanted to use my Beginner Box to do what the charities Humble Bundle supported should have done- supporting TABLETOP gaming for disadvantaged children rather than, as they chose with the only non US Charity, Video-Gaming.

Sadly, the shipping on the box is nearly twice the price of purchasing it in the UK.

Luckily it was for charity, but this is just another thing that's really annoying me about Paizo.

Grand Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

It annoys you that when they ship you a package, they charge you what it actually costs to ship the package?

-Skeld


Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
Skeld wrote:

It annoys you that when they ship you a package, they charge you what it actually costs to ship the package?

-Skeld

It is kind of monstrous of them. :)


Is it possible to publish addresses of local Seattle charities that are interested in receiving the boxes? It's then a case of us entering a different delivery address in to the store and sending the box through normal distribution channels.

Is there a way to add a note to an order, to say why the package is arriving?

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

Hello everyone,

We are still figuring out the logistics of being able to do this and will update you when we have more information. I did want to mention something for those of you asking about gifting your box to other people. The code you receive from Humble Bundle does not need to be redeemed on your account. You can make the donation to Humble Bundle then give the code they send you to the person you want to gift it to and they can redeem it on their account. The code isn't tied to an account until it is redeemed.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

Valarian-IMK wrote:

Is it possible to publish addresses of local Seattle charities that are interested in receiving the boxes? It's then a case of us entering a different delivery address in to the store and sending the box through normal distribution channels.

Is there a way to add a note to an order, to say why the package is arriving?

Hello Valarian-IMK,

I don't have a list handy I can give you, but you should be able to do a search for charities in the Seattle area. For instance googling "children's hospitals Seattle" showed me the ones that are in the area. You should be able to get their information off their websites or by contacting them. We don't have a way to put messages on specific packages right now.


Eagerly anticipating what you guys find out. I certainly wouldn't mind donating my physical beginner box either.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

We are so touched that fans are considering donating their Beginner Boxes to charitable organizations. We are working out the best way to accomplish this and will be providing more details early this week. Likely what will happen is that a customer wishing to donate their Beginner Box would set the shipping address to one here at Paizo and we would allocate them to organizations in need. We want to make sure we have the internal workflow figured out though before we start giving interested folks instructions. Thank you for your patience while we work on determining the best way to go about this. 
 
If it helps your decision on whether you want to donate or not, I can give you a sense of what we have typically done for charitable contributions in the past. We have donated gaming materials directly to various school, military and youth shelter programs for recreational or educational use. We also have donated gaming materials as prize support to various groups, such as domestic violence prevention and children’s hospitals, who raise money through silent auctions and raffles.

Again, thank you for your generosity in wanting to donate your Beginner Box and patience while we figure out how best to do this.

~Sara Marie
Customer Service Manager

Grand Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Anyone is welcome to donate their BB to me. I'll take as many as I can get. ;)

-Skeld

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

10 people marked this as a favorite.

If you are interested in donating your Humble Bundle purchased Beginner Box to charity, here is what you can do:
.

.

  • 1. Set the shipping to:
    First Name: Community Giving Last Name: HB
    Company Name: Paizo Inc
    Address: 7120 185th Ave NE
    Ste 120
    Redmond, WA 98502

  • 2. Your shipping should change to "Hand Delivery" and cost should be $0. Finish submitting the order.

  • 3. Email customer.service@paizo.com and let us know that your order intended for charity was submitted. You can simply reply to the confirmation email for the order.

Paizo will take care of everything else. We won't be providing any documentation with regards to tax deduction as we aren't set up for that. We are not able to earmark Beginner Boxes for specific charities (though if you have suggestions you can email community@paizo.com).

We won't be able to contact individuals to say where their particular box ended up going, but our goal is to email folks in general and post a blog describing where we donated copies. Very likely this will take place after we have our reprint come in, which gives us some time to determine needs and vet various organizations. This charitable donation option is solely for the Beginner Box purchased through Humble Bundle.

If you have any questions about donating your Humble Bundle Beginner Box, just send us an email at community@paizo.com.

Thanks,
Sara Marie
Customer Service Manager


Thanks Sara. Just increased my payment for the Humble Bundle & entered the shipping address as you listed it. Appears to be working as expected.

Might I suggest Child's Play as a potential charity to receive some of the boxes? I believe that they're based pretty close to Paizo.

Lantern Lodge

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I'm not in the Seattle area but I am beginning a form of Gaming Cafe I'm calling Games for Vets at Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) 5065 in Sheridan, Michigan. We are the 3rd- largest VFW in Michigan.

We are kicking off our program during Memorial Day weekend with a mini-gaming convention open to public. This event is be a new annual convention taking place w/ our Auxiliary's Sheridan SpringFest which is an annual community festival organized by our VFW Auxiliary during the Memorial Day weekend.

Our Games for Vets is our answer to help make our Post more family-friendly to attract younger veterans to join. We will also use various fundraisers to provide available games and to be able to donate games to Veterans who are in need, admitted to VA and civilian hospitals, nursing homes and/or Veterans homes (such as the Grand Rapids Home for Vets).

If you wish to donate, we can use copies of the Beginner's Box to auction as a fundraiser, donate to Veterans and/or donate to kids and new players exploring our mini-convention.

Our address is: VFW 5065, 209 W. Washington, Sheridan, MI 48884.

Sincerely,
MC1 Donald P. Rule, USN(Ret)
Retired U.S. Navy Journalist/Public Affairs Specialist
Junior Vice Commander, VFW 5065 (Sheridan, MI)


Submitted mine as well. Worked exactly as you mentioned, didn't encounter any problems. Thanks again for the swift work on getting this all figured out.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

Abierzen wrote:

I'm not in the Seattle area but I am beginning a form of Gaming Cafe I'm calling Games for Vets at Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) 5065 in Sheridan, Michigan. We are the 3rd- largest VFW in Michigan.

We are kicking off our program during Memorial Day weekend with a mini-gaming convention open to public. This event is be a new annual convention taking place w/ our Auxiliary's Sheridan SpringFest which is an annual community festival organized by our VFW Auxiliary during the Memorial Day weekend.

Our Games for Vets is our answer to help make our Post more family-friendly to attract younger veterans to join. We will also use various fundraisers to provide available games and to be able to donate games to Veterans who are in need, admitted to VA and civilian hospitals, nursing homes and/or Veterans homes (such as the Grand Rapids Home for Vets).

If you wish to donate, we can use copies of the Beginner's Box to auction as a fundraiser, donate to Veterans and/or donate to kids and new players exploring our mini-convention.

Our address is: VFW 5065, 209 W. Washington, Sheridan, MI 48884.

Sincerely,
MC1 Donald P. Rule, USN(Ret)
Retired U.S. Navy Journalist/Public Affairs Specialist
Junior Vice Commander, VFW 5065 (Sheridan, MI)

Hi Abierzen,

We are happy to support charities both local and not local. Could you email the information to our community team at community@paizo.com?

thanks
sara marie


I got directed to this thread after I had emailed Paizo if I could do exactly this!

I am very happy with the bundle even without the physical beginners box, the p&p would have just been foolish to pay, but am glad that Paizo are making efforts to allow the gaming community to continue to give.

Been the best Humble Bundle experience I have had!


How would one enter the address?

I already ordered it from Humble Bundle, and have the redemption code (but have not entered it into Paizo's site for my account).

Where do I enter it or how does this work?

Customer Service Representative

1 person marked this as a favorite.
GreyWolfLord wrote:

How would one enter the address?

I already ordered it from Humble Bundle, and have the redemption code (but have not entered it into Paizo's site for my account).

Where do I enter it or how does this work?

After you redeem the code on our site, it should open up an order for you. You have an option to change the shipping address during the checkout process for that, and you can enter the address that Sara Marie provided.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks!
~Sharaya


Thank you.

Just to verify, that won't change my default mailing address to Paizo...correct?

Customer Service Representative

GreyWolfLord wrote:

Thank you.

Just to verify, that won't change my default mailing address to Paizo...correct?

It shouldn't. It should just set to that order, if you enter it as a new address.

Scarab Sages

Itairion wrote:
minoritarian wrote:


Could I ask that the beginner's box that I got as part of my humble bundle be removed from my account and donated to a school/library/Care home/day centre.

I already redeemed my code for that code but I also do not want to pay shipping, and I already have the beginner's box -- I guess I flubbed up my order (thought it was an ebook, I think)

Can I cancel or Donate it now? I can't edit my order at this point, it seems (order #3873327).

Community / Forums / Paizo / Customer Service / My humble bundle - donate my beginners box All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.