My Downloads Page / Humble Bundle Downloads Issues


Website Feedback

251 to 300 of 1,158 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Again, they have already said they are installing new hardware tonight to make their site able to better handle this increased load.

I know this is frustrating you guys, it's frustrating as Hell for me too... I can't download anything either. But, things will be back to normal as soon as possible.

Just please sympathize with them, they are trying as hard as they can to get this fixed.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

I can't download anything.


Why are people acting like we will never be able to download the books we got in the bundle?


12 people marked this as a favorite.

First time site user, and I'm not terribly worried about being unable to grab my books in the next two seconds.
Honestly, I'm still very pleasantly surprised that I got the opportunity to get so many things for a good looking game at such an insanely low price.
Anyone with any kind of interest in playing a fantasy RPG would be silly to pass the deal up. With that info alone, I knew going in that the site was going to get buried.
Combine that with seeing the Humble numbers spike like crazy by the minute, and I knew it'd probably take days for Paizo to dig out from under the backlog of orders.
Sure, I could sit here and be angry, or frustrated, but that ultimately seems incredibly silly.
"How dare you give people a 90 percent off or higher deal, while helping a charity, but not be able to magically get everything to every single person in a split second when your incredibly generous deal is taken advantage of by the tens of thousands!?!?!"
See? That is an intensely silly statement. That's a statement I couldn't make with a straight face.
And so, I'm just going to kick back, see what looks good to fill gaps in my new collection and relax.


They haven't even paused the selling on the Humble Bundle page.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Siedras wrote:
Why are people acting like we will never be able to download the books we got in the bundle?

Because we live in a world of instant gratification where the expectation is that anything digital will be delivered via download link in your email before your order is completed and your credit card charged.

Also, all shipping is free on everything to anywhere in the world all the time.

-Skeld


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Siedras wrote:
Why are people acting like we will never be able to download the books we got in the bundle?

I'm actually not concerned about the bundle books. I'm a long-time subscriber, and I've been waiting for the Hell's Vengeance Player's Guide for weeks. They released the PDF for the first adventure before the Player's Guide was available, making it difficult/impossible to properly run the AP, then said it would be released on the 24th...then the 25th....then the evening of the 25th. Now it's "available", but I can't download it, because it's trying to personalize the PDF.

There really isn't any need to personalize the Player's Guides, because they're free. There's no reason for any DRM on those PDFs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, honestly I ain't even mad. $40 total with S&H for the Pathfinder starter kit is about normal price, and I've been thinking about getting it. $40 for the kit plus every pathfinder book I could possibly want and more? Not to mention money going to charity?

Sure, I'll wait a few days for my download.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
ffujita wrote:
They haven't even paused the selling on the Humble Bundle page.

Why would they? Humble bundle doesn't gain anything by pausing, and doesn't lose anything because of the backlog. In fact, no one buying the bundle loses anything due to this backlog, they just wait.

I find all the distress confusing. I too can't access my downloads, be them humble bundle or the new Players Guide or even a back up or an AP I'm running next week. But I know they'll sort it as soon as possible, and when they do all my downloads will still be there.

If a company offered a $350 phone for $20 (to charity) and had 10 times the orders expected, it would be reasonable to expect delays. Those rules don't stop applying just because we're dealing in digital. I don't say any of this to diminish people's disappoint, you're entirely entitled to feel upset.

On a sidenote, to all those who are totally new to pathfinder and Paizo, welcome. You are in for a great read and a great product. Once you're settled in, dig into the forums more it's a wealth of resources. In particular, the play by posts are a lot of fun.


My personalization never finishes, I get dumped back to the login screen, I come back to downloads and have to start the process over again. That isn't going to help the load any if I am not the only one experiencing that difficulty.

I too am not in a huge rush but it would have been nice to read through the players guide for a campaign but I can miss that for the first session I guess.

Scarab Sages

Not exactly the right space for this but, out of curiosity, what are the "single file", "one file per chapter", "'lite-single file", and "lite one file per chapter" choices all about?

Keep up the awesome work!

to quote a post I saw on the Paizo Facebook page today by Jason Chapa,

"Top goblins...TOP...goblins"

The Exchange

Basara549 wrote:

...

Perhaps it is time for setting up an alternate download system for bulk purchases, where you click once to place your download order, the system runs in the background personalizing everything for you, then you get sent a link in an email or message in "My Account" for downloading your order after it's all done and compiled. .

Makes an old mainframer warm to hear talk like that! :)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I knew there was a backlog, still bought some stuff, no hurry, it'll be there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It probably would have made the process a slightly less rocky if Paizo had released a watermarkless version of their books along with a disclaimer that the material isn't valid in PFS-play, just to tide us newbies over. Though I don't want to be too critical, because even at crappy Canadian exchange rates this was a screaming deal. I can wait a while.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
keeperoflenneth wrote:

Even waiting a little over the 10 seconds the link requests, I've still not been able to download a single thing. Not only does it not download but the website just kicks me out. Its immensely frustrating. You shouldn't regret making people regret charity; and that's exactly what's happened.

I don't feel like the 'valued customer' like is smeared all over the apologies/notices; i feel like i got scammed, and because of the price of the bundle was so good, I don't even feel wholly justified in complaining--which just makes the matter worse.

All i have is a wish that i hadn't wasted the money on thinking I got a great deal while helping a charity and instead had just donated 10 bucks the old fashioned way.

I know it'll be there 'eventually' but with the humble response, who knows when that'll be, I'm just voicing my frustration. Somebody dropped the ball on logistics and the only ones not being punished as a consequence by it are the ones responsible. If people get refunds, the charity/humble suffers; if people just give up or even have to wait days/weeks/months before gathering the patience to go try to manually download and wait 30 seconds for "personalization", they suffer. I really hope this gets worked out quick or this game may be dead to me before I even crack open my first book.

I fail you see your viewpoint here.

On one hand, if you donated to charity the old fashioned way, you wouldn't have received the rewards that you did. I'm talking from a "give and get nothing" vs "give and get something" veiwpoint. Not that just plain old giving is wrong, mind. And in that case, you shouldn't regret helping charity because you didn't get your reward.

On another hand, you got digital products. They aren’t going to be stolen or taken away from your account with Paizo or Humble. You should have a recipt with Humble, and in the event you don't, you can contact them and probably get it back. The codes don't expire, and neither do your rewards.

I can understand peoples issues with Paizo not being prepared,in the sense I understand people not being happy getting what they want now. But all your stuff is going to stay here , where you can access it any time you want. I highly doubt it's going to take full weeks or months to get the PDFs. I've gotten three already, and yeah, it took patience and continued tries, but it worked.

Basically, getting "scammed" is when you pay for a book, and the seller deliberately stops you from getting what you paid for, forever.
This is a accident, and yes, a dropping of the logistic ball, which will delay your books a little bit, not forever (I hope).

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Bando wrote:

Not exactly the right space for this but, out of curiosity, what are the "single file", "one file per chapter", "'lite-single file", and "lite one file per chapter" choices all about?

Keep up the awesome work!

to quote a post I saw on the Paizo Facebook page today by Jason Chapa,

"Top goblins...TOP...goblins"

Single file is the entire book in one PDF.

One File Per Chapter is a separate, smaller PDF for each chapter of the book.

The "lite" versions have some of the background graphics muted so that they'll render better/quicker on devices like phones and older tablets.

Different options for different needs and uses.

-Skeld


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Single file means the entire book as a (usually long) PDF. One file per chapter means that they split the chapters up so, for instance, the core book has the preface file, the intro file, the basic creation guide file, the races file, the classes file, the skills file, the feats file, the equipment file, the backgrounds file, the adventuring rules file, the combat rules file, the magic file, the spell list file, etc...

Lite versions are, I think, text only or lower resolution? they're smaller sized in some way.

Dark Archive

Bando wrote:

Not exactly the right space for this but, out of curiosity, what are the "single file", "one file per chapter", "'lite-single file", and "lite one file per chapter" choices all about?

Keep up the awesome work!

to quote a post I saw on the Paizo Facebook page today by Jason Chapa,

"Top goblins...TOP...goblins"

Different options to download the books to save space.

Single File = The entire book in one PDF, all artwork and such exactly as the printed copy.

One File Per Chapter = Each Chapter is a separate PDF, all artwork and such exactly as the printed copy. Good to save space on your tablet if you just bring the chapter you need.

Lite - Single File = Entire book in one PDF, but the PDF is modified to be less busy borders and such, resulting in a smaller file size.

Lite - One File per chapter = Each Chapter is a separate PDF, but the PDF is modified to be less busy borders and such, resulting in a smaller file size. Best for your tablet.


I'm not a tech guy, but, may I suggest:

1) a temporary 'shut down' of paizo.com, 2) do computers and servers maintenance while offline and let some hardware cool down, 3) get back online.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

I've tried waiting 10 seconds, a minute, much longer than that...nothing seems to work. Has anyone found a solution for downloading at this point?


Nutcase Entertainment wrote:

I'm not a tech guy, but, may I suggest:

1) a temporary 'shut down' of paizo.com, 2) do computers and servers maintenance while offline and let some hardware cool down, 3) get back online.

Try jiggling the cord!

Dark Archive

5 people marked this as a favorite.
IocanePowder wrote:
Nutcase Entertainment wrote:

I'm not a tech guy, but, may I suggest:

1) a temporary 'shut down' of paizo.com, 2) do computers and servers maintenance while offline and let some hardware cool down, 3) get back online.

Try jiggling the cord!

Did you try unplugging it, then plugging it back in?


I need my books for tomorrow night's session!! LOL

Community Manager

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Xyxox wrote:
Has your team looked into where the bottleneck will be shifted after the personalization service has been improved? My concern is the Humble Bundle seems so popular you may find there are still problems.

We are definitely looking at ways to improve the bottlenecks that we have, and the solutions that we have come up with will help with our current load issue as well as give us a bit of breathing room should we have a sudden influx of traffic again.

Bando wrote:
Not exactly the right space for this but, out of curiosity, what are the "single file", "one file per chapter", "'lite-single file", and "lite one file per chapter" choices all about

Single file = the whole book, one PDF.

One file per chapter = Whole book, split by chapter breaks.
The lite versions are background-less versions to make them smaller, quicker, and easier to load on your various devices.

Please note, Paizo does not set a limit on how often you may download from us--you can download to multiple devices as much as you want to, and we also provide updates to new printings free of charge. We're not setting an expiration date on when you can redeem your Humble Bundle codes, so right now, all we can ask for is your patience when you attempt to download your PDFs.

Right now, I'm waiting for a PDF to download myself, so I very much understand everyone's frustrations.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I buy humble bundles all the time -- and this one is the first time that I'm asking for a refund. No matter how big the bundle, I've been able to get everything in less than a half hour. Paizo is the exception. If they aren't able to deliver in the typical humble bundle time frame, they should at least indicate that fact on the website *where they take your money.*


Zelda Marie Lupescu wrote:
IocanePowder wrote:
Nutcase Entertainment wrote:

I'm not a tech guy, but, may I suggest:

1) a temporary 'shut down' of paizo.com, 2) do computers and servers maintenance while offline and let some hardware cool down, 3) get back online.

Try jiggling the cord!
Did you try unplugging it, then plugging it back in?

LULZ!, But CPU have an easier time when they aren't running millions of 'unneccessary' things at once.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Paizo IT Crowd ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8

Nothing but love for you guys!

Liz, you deserve a break

Community Manager

6 people marked this as a favorite.

Removed a couple of posts and their replies. It's very easy to get heated and upset right now, but please keep it civil, thank you!

Silver Crusade

Does anyone know what races are allowed in Hell's Vengeance? I figured someone may have been able to download it.


NerdOfTheYear wrote:
If a company offered a $350 phone for $20 (to charity) and had 10 times the orders expected, it would be reasonable to expect delays. Those rules don't stop applying just because we're dealing in digital.

Motorola basically had this response when they launched the new Moto X only through their online store and Best Buy. People complained (rightly) that Motorola/Lenovo wasn't communicating well enough when the hell they should expect their phones.

I don't get why people are acting like if they don't get the books downloaded within the next five seconds they'll lose them forever (probably general tech illiteracy, despite the fact they use computers and the internet all day) but it's pretty annoying when there is an expectation created by the very site they bought this deal from that no matter the traffic spike it can handle it. I need to see this stuff and read a lot before I can recommend this (or not) for my 13-year-old cousin, and I am really frustrated this is taking so long just to read the core rulebook. (If someone sends me to the Pathfinder Reference Document, so help me....)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
ffujita wrote:
It seems like a simple breach of contract to me.

Which contract?

Humble's Terms of Service?

Humble TOS wrote:
We may, without prior notice, change the Service; stop providing the Service or features of the Service, to you or to users generally; or create usage limits for the Service. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.

Paizo's Terms of Service?

Pathfinder TOS wrote:
WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEB SITE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, PLAYABILITY, DISPLAYABILITY, ACCURACY, PRECISION, CORRECTNESS, THOROUGHNESS, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS OR MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEB SITE WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEB SITE OR THE PROVIDED SERVICES WILL MEET USERS' REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE WEB SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. TIME INC. ALSO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR EQUIPMENT ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE WEB SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO CONTENT, OR AUDIO CONTENT FROM THE WEB SITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE WEB SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE WEB SITE.

It's okay to be unhappy that you aren't getting copies of your books immediately, but if you actually read the contracts you've agreed to by making the purchase, neither Humble nor Paizo is liable for service outages. Any sensible provider of online goods would have the same disclaimer. Saying this a "simple breach of contract" is just wrong.


Skeld wrote:
Bando wrote:

Not exactly the right space for this but, out of curiosity, what are the "single file", "one file per chapter", "'lite-single file", and "lite one file per chapter" choices all about?

Keep up the awesome work!

to quote a post I saw on the Paizo Facebook page today by Jason Chapa,

"Top goblins...TOP...goblins"

Single file is the entire book in one PDF.

One File Per Chapter is a separate, smaller PDF for each chapter of the book.

The "lite" versions have some of the background graphics muted so that they'll render better/quicker on devices like phones and older tablets.

Different options for different needs and uses.

-Skeld

I wish people would stop flogging the "charity" angle. It's a tax write-off, nothing more and nothing less.

Owner - Kapow Ltd Comics, Cards and Games

1 person marked this as a favorite.
J4RH34D wrote:

Hey guys, just think about it like queuing outside an iStore for that new iPhone or such. Must of us are getting INCREDIBLY good deals on AMAZING products, AND supporting a charity to boot.

I don't mind waiting a few days when I saved over a hundred dollars on my books.
Another thing to think about, they have been streaming PF all day over twitch, I haven't been following that so I don't know if that is going through their server which could be slowing the server down somewhat. Also if the tech group has played at all or is helping sort out Twitch they won't have been able to work on this.

Let's give them a day or two before we rage?

Keep up the good work PAIZO

Well, except for those of us who paid the normal PDF prices for books we can't DL. OR Pathfinder Society GMs.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Nutcase Entertainment wrote:
Zelda Marie Lupescu wrote:
IocanePowder wrote:
Nutcase Entertainment wrote:

I'm not a tech guy, but, may I suggest:

1) a temporary 'shut down' of paizo.com, 2) do computers and servers maintenance while offline and let some hardware cool down, 3) get back online.

Try jiggling the cord!
Did you try unplugging it, then plugging it back in?
LULZ!, But CPU have an easier time when they aren't running millions of 'unneccessary' things at once.

They should remove the cartridge, blow in it, then put it back in and see if that clears up the problem.

Disclaimer: I'm not an IT guy.

-Skeld

Grand Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
dtreth wrote:
Skeld wrote:
Bando wrote:

Not exactly the right space for this but, out of curiosity, what are the "single file", "one file per chapter", "'lite-single file", and "lite one file per chapter" choices all about?

Keep up the awesome work!

to quote a post I saw on the Paizo Facebook page today by Jason Chapa,

"Top goblins...TOP...goblins"

Single file is the entire book in one PDF.

One File Per Chapter is a separate, smaller PDF for each chapter of the book.

The "lite" versions have some of the background graphics muted so that they'll render better/quicker on devices like phones and older tablets.

Different options for different needs and uses.

-Skeld

I wish people would stop flogging the "charity" angle. It's a tax write-off, nothing more and nothing less.

Since i didn't say anything about charities, I'll assume you meant to respond to someone else. :D

-Skeld


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

I've been trying to download the Player's Guide for Hell's Vengeance (a free PDF, btw) for over an hour, with no success, because the system insists on trying to "personalize" the PDF to discourage piracy of a product that, for all intents and purposes, can't be pirated because it's a free download.

This is very, very disappointing.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

For some. When I donate to charity, I do it for the charity.

dtreth wrote:


I wish people would stop flogging the "charity" angle. It's a tax write-off, nothing more and nothing less.


spectrevk wrote:
I've tried waiting 10 seconds, a minute, much longer than that...nothing seems to work. Has anyone found a solution for downloading at this point?

Been waiting for the Player's Guide to personalize too for as long as it's been out Spectrevk. It sucks, I know. But I figure at this point we aren't going to get it till the Humble Bundle ends or they do something to unclog the system as it were. Or just get lucky. Hope this doesn't delay a possible game you were planning.

The only thing I would say about this is that it would be nice to have a warning on the HB site letting future purchasers know that they may have to wait due to the traffic here on Paizo. Much like you would let anyone on a site know there might be a delay with a shipment or order they purchased. Paizo might not of known about the issues that would arise before hand and that's fair. S@+& happens, it's cool. (Least in my book.) But now they do, so be fair to your consumers Paizo and give them that info so they can make an informed purchase. I seriously doubt it will hamper the donations/sales and hopefully curb the amount of b!#@*ing. (Criticism = cool. Talking out of your ass about contract law = b$%*&ing)


spectrevk wrote:

I've been trying to download the Player's Guide for Hell's Vengeance (a free PDF, btw) for over an hour, with no success, because the system insists on trying to "personalize" the PDF to discourage piracy of a product that, for all intents and purposes, can't be pirated because it's a free download.

This is very, very disappointing.

I just managed to get it.

@ the tech team, could the increased demand also increase the risks of False Positives and False Negatives in your dianostic system?


Skeld wrote:
Siedras wrote:
Why are people acting like we will never be able to download the books we got in the bundle?

Because we live in a world of instant gratification where the expectation is that anything digital will be delivered via download link in your email before your order is completed and your credit card charged.

Orders WERE completed and credit cards charged.

Some folks seem to think it's helping to post here telling us how much THEY don't care and that we too need to be chill about not getting what we payed for, often while making fun of us. It's not helping and they're wrong. The bottom line is that not satisfying your customers is bad business, no matter the reason, and not providing goods and services they've payed for in a timely fashion is not OK.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skeld wrote:


They should remove the cartridge, blow in it, then put it back in and see if that clears up the problem.

Disclaimer: I'm not an IT guy.

-Skeld

That doesn't always work... Somemtimes you gotta do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKgk-YDvOxc


2 people marked this as a favorite.

So with at my last count just over 30 thousand units sold on humble bundle I am not surprised that the downloads aren't working well. As a previous owner of a couple of book who took advantage of the deal, good things will come to those that wait, and I understand the desire to see something download. This is a huge influx of people to this community and hopefully we will see this grow gaming everywhere. With 12 days to go I hope they break every humble record there is and then when things calm down everyone will get a chance to sit down and enjoy. Patience my friends this is really amazing!


Jiggle the holy symbol of Kord?


Time for bed. Class early. Good luck to Paizo with the new hardware/software. Can't wait to dig into my new stuff over the weekend, or next week, or whenever. Going to keep my fingers crossed about the weekend, though.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
dtreth wrote:
I wish people would stop flogging the "charity" angle. It's a tax write-off, nothing more and nothing less.

In what sense?

I'm not in the US (and often miss the obvious, so perhaps I'm just dense) but I can't see how Paizo could get any tax benefit out of this. Can you claim for selling stock at a discount or something? In Australia if you tried that, they'd only allow it if you also added the discount back in as taxable income.


It's a write-off for the people donating if they choose.

Steve Geddes wrote:
dtreth wrote:
I wish people would stop flogging the "charity" angle. It's a tax write-off, nothing more and nothing less.

In what sense?

I'm not in the US (and often miss the obvious, so perhaps I'm just dense) but I can't see how Paizo could get any tax benefit out of this. Can you claim for selling stock at a discount or something? In Australia if you tried that, they'd only allow it if you also added the discount back in as taxable income.

251 to 300 of 1,158 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Website Feedback / My Downloads Page / Humble Bundle Downloads Issues All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.