Nagaji starting languages?


Pathfinder Society

Scarab Sages

Advanced race guide says Common and Draconic.
Archives of Nethys says Common and Draconic.
Inner Sea Races says Commmon and Nagaji.
Dragon Empires Primer says Tien and Nagaji.
PRD says common and Draconic.

Help?

This is for PFS.

4/5 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Finland—Tampere

1 person marked this as a favorite.

As far as I know, the campaign ruling is "whichever are given by the source you're using to make your character legal". Can't remember where that was, though - it's literally been years.

Grand Lodge 4/5 5/55/5 ** Venture-Lieutenant, Florida—Melbourne

I thought it was Parseltongue.

Scarab Sages

Rei wrote:
As far as I know, the campaign ruling is "whichever are given by the source you're using to make your character legal". Can't remember where that was, though - it's literally been years.

So basically, I just pick a source and use it?

4/5 5/55/55/5 **** Venture-Lieutenant, Minnesota—Minneapolis

Rei is correct, take it from the source you are building the Nagaji from.

I believe the difference is they don't assume a separate Nagaji language in the core books (CRB, ARG, Bestiary 1-5, etc) but they do in Golarian worldbooks.

5/5 RPG Superstar 2014 Top 32

The PRD and Archives of Nethys aren't a legal source, and you need to own the source you are picking from.

If you own the Advanced Race Guide, Inner Sea Races and the Dragon Empire Primer you pick a single source you want to use.

Silver Crusade 4/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Here is the official response from Mike Brock, who was PFS campaign coordinator at the time.

As others have said, you pick which book you want to use as the source for your character, and you get the languages that the book says you get. Then add Common as a bonus language, if you don't already have it.

Scarab Sages

Fromper wrote:

Here is the official response from Mike Brock, who was PFS campaign coordinator at the time.

As others have said, you pick which book you want to use as the source for your character, and you get the languages that the book says you get. Then add Common as a bonus language, if you don't already have it.

So if I go with Dragon Empires Primer (Since that is the book I own), I get Tien and Nagaji AND Common?

5/5 5/55/55/5

Eyup

Silver Crusade 4/5

Murdock Mudeater wrote:
Fromper wrote:

Here is the official response from Mike Brock, who was PFS campaign coordinator at the time.

As others have said, you pick which book you want to use as the source for your character, and you get the languages that the book says you get. Then add Common as a bonus language, if you don't already have it.

So if I go with Dragon Empires Primer (Since that is the book I own), I get Tien and Nagaji AND Common?

That's how I did it for my nagaji.

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / Nagaji starting languages? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.