The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

4,051 to 4,100 of 19,931 << first < prev | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Patrick Curtin wrote:
I'll tell you though. Some of these tourists. I mean, I go on vacation. I play the tourist. I would never come to someone's home and piss and sh!t all over it like it was nothing while treating the residents like NPC automatons. Guess what? People DO live on Cape Cod. It's more than a beach and a restaurant. Act civilized.

That always seemed a requirement for visiting New Orleans, especially Bourbon Street. I have personal experience (as well as first hand accounts) of this sort of tourist behavior. Of course, it never helped that some residents sort of acted the same way, on occasion.


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Breathe in, breathe out

That's what she said.


tittyblaster69 wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Breathe in, breathe out
That's what she said.

tittiyblaster69, I think that your name is a bust. you might want to cleave it and ago for a different name.


Ok. So I am not really funny. But at least I try.

RPG Superstar 2012

Sharoth wrote:
Ok. So I am not really funny. But at least I try.

Yeah, I don't even try.


Sharoth wrote:
tittyblaster69 wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Breathe in, breathe out
That's what she said.
tittiyblaster69, I think that your name is a bust. you might want to cleave it and ago for a different name.

I already did a little busting and cleaving last night......


Greater Cleave is my stage name.


I f%!*ing love hell girl. I wish there was a fourth season but I understand few people liked the third, which was confusing. I don't think they should have gone for an all encompassing storyline, but I enjoyed seeing everyone anyway. I also think it would have been better if there was a competition for the title of enma, not a conspiracy as to who is the true enma/is ai possessing people or not.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
I'll tell you though. Some of these tourists. I mean, I go on vacation. I play the tourist. I would never come to someone's home and piss and sh!t all over it like it was nothing while treating the residents like NPC automatons. Guess what? People DO live on Cape Cod. It's more than a beach and a restaurant. Act civilized.

I have a simple solution to those kind of people, thin the gene pool out. The others might think twice or join them. Sadly, those people are ALL OVER!!! We had a contractor or two do some nasty stuff in my office. I felt sorry for my cleaning lady. I also blew my top one day and called the contractors boss and chewed him out. Do not disrespect the place that you work. Or you will not be here for long.

Edit - I wonder if those kind of people have some sort of mental illness that is undiscovered. Calling them jerks is not quite the right call in my book. There is something wrong with them.

Between 10 to 25% people (estimates vary) are high functional sociopaths. They were socialized enough to function in the society but little to no empathy means they aren't able to make proper emotional connection between their behavior and consequences for others (and it might diminish the ability to understand consequences of their actions for themselves). Certain professions attract high functional sociopaths more than others, especially that involve positions of power and favor ability to manipulate (management positions, market brokers, law enforcement, the more glorious brands of medicine such as surgery being more popular).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Dead pool now. Fun stuff


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I had Döner Kebab and Uludag during the national anthem, now hoal by Boateng
take that AfD and Pegida

edit: sorry for the sport and politics post ( but obscure enough that only Drejk and Kajehase will get it anyway)

RPG Superstar 2012

Damn you, aeglos!

Also...hi.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hi Taig,

hope you are well

*waves*


3 people marked this as a favorite.

John Carter of Mars now. Quite good. I don't know why it got panned so badly


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Steel Angel, a celestial evil-fighting construct.


The Wife's second favorite band.


aeglos wrote:

I had Döner Kebab and Uludag during the national anthem, now hoal by Boateng

take that AfD and Pegida

edit: sorry for the sport and politics post ( but obscure enough that only Drejk and Kajehase will get it anyway)

Aeglos!


Last shift of the weekend. Thank the gods. 40 hours in three days just wears on you


Of course, now I have four days off. *sigh*. I need another job..


Bus driving was going ok, but they were, how can I put this delicately? ......optimistic...about the amount of work they'd have for me this summer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So time to take my CDL over to the Steamship authority and see if I can snag a shuttle bus gig part-time.


The Vineyard and Nantucket are hot destinations in the summer. And the overflow lots are far from the ferries


Drejk wrote:
Steel Angel, a celestial evil-fighting construct.

Drejk I am digging these NPCs you are making! I am just starting a Plsnescape game, I'm going to have to incorporate some of these guys as contacts.


This is an interesting little article. It makes you think a bit.

Scarab Sages

SUPER METROID!!!


Patrick Curtin wrote:
The Vineyard and Nantucket are hot destinations in the summer. And the overflow lots are far from the ferries

I love some overflow....


taig wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Ok. So I am not really funny. But at least I try.

Yeah, I don't even try.

You're very funny.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Hey badger!


Sarcasmo the Sarcasm Bot wrote:
taig wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Ok. So I am not really funny. But at least I try.

Yeah, I don't even try.

You're very funny.

Funny looking, maybe.


<pokes head into thread>

Hi All!

<Runs out, really needing to get some work done!>

Bye All!

:)


Hey rags.
Later rags.


Hi

Bye


*waves rags goodbye*


Sarcasm Elemental wrote:
Sarcasmo the Sarcasm Bot wrote:
taig wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Ok. So I am not really funny. But at least I try.

Yeah, I don't even try.

You're very funny.
Funny looking, maybe.

Meh, I've seen funnier.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Ragadolf wrote:

<pokes head into thread>

Hi All!

<Runs out, really needing to get some work done!>

Bye All!

:)

Aloha Rags!


aeglos wrote:
*waves rags goodbye*

~takes Rags away from you and straightens him out~ Yes. That was mean to be waved around. You can go do what you need to now. ~shakes my finger at aeglos~ Don't wave Rags around again. It might hurt his back.

~grins~


and the trend of 2016 continues :-(

Germany lost one of his top 5 actors of the last 60 years

he played everything, from the dashing action heor in German 1960ies westerns to our most famous tv cop Schimanski in the 80s to one of our best comedies: Schtonk in the 90s to his best role: 1920s mass murderer Fritz Harrman in a haunting movie featuring just one location: an interrogatio room and 3 actors, him as Harrman, a police psycholgist who interrogated him and a stenographer
the dialog of the film is the actual police protocol from the 20s

Rest in Peace, Götz George


Sorry to hear that aeglos. We have been loosing a lot of good people in the past 5 years.

RPG Superstar 2012

Callous Jack wrote:
Hey badger!

Hey, Callous Jack!

RPG Superstar 2012

Frank, Snark Educator wrote:
Sarcasm Elemental wrote:
Sarcasmo the Sarcasm Bot wrote:
taig wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Ok. So I am not really funny. But at least I try.

Yeah, I don't even try.

You're very funny.
Funny looking, maybe.
Meh, I've seen funnier.

I usually end up on the side of "less funny" in comparison to rutabagas.


I always forget which vegetable rutabaga is...


*google*

No wonder, I don't know if I ever ate that thing...


I don't think anyone ever has eaten a rutebega. It's like the vegetable equivalent of Bigfoot: Everyone knows what it is, but no one's actually seen one.

RPG Superstar 2012

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Rutabaga!


I looooooooove rutebega. Love it, love it, love it. Quit buying it (and parsnips) when they got so damned expensive. They used to be cheap and tasty meal extenders. Turnips are good too, but rutebega are so much betterer.


taig wrote:

Rutabaga!

Lol. I didn't realize rutebega was another name for turnip. I love turnips, especially mashed with carrots. Mmmmmm


They're different, in my experience. Turnips are white; rutebega are rich yellow-orange. They both have that tangy taste, though.

RPG Superstar 2012

Yeah, they're related, but different.

I think there are some regions that refer to a rutabaga as a turnip, though.


Heresy!


Meh. Peasants' food...

If it is similar in taste to turnip then I am not interested anyway.

4,051 to 4,100 of 19,931 << first < prev | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards