The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

3,751 to 3,800 of 19,931 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

The game with the power.


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Anyone interested in a meat shield position in a Planescspe PbP?

Given my much-needed recent departure from Facebook, I'm in need of a distraction.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
What game? ** spoiler omitted **

Silver rose


David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Anyone interested in a meat shield position in a Planescspe PbP?
Given my much-needed recent departure from Facebook, I'm in need of a distraction.

HUZZAH!


David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Anyone interested in a meat shield position in a Planescspe PbP?
Given my much-needed recent departure from Facebook, I'm in need of a distraction.

You feel like coming up with a 10th level heavy plate tank? It's Planescape so any race your little heart desires. Something with a good Con would help


Freehold DM wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Anyone interested in a meat shield position in a Planescspe PbP?
Given my much-needed recent departure from Facebook, I'm in need of a distraction.
HUZZAH!

It's not funny. I've had to choose between 2/3 of my livelihood and keeping some semblance of my sanity. I'm going back, just not for a while.


Patrick Curtin wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Anyone interested in a meat shield position in a Planescspe PbP?
Given my much-needed recent departure from Facebook, I'm in need of a distraction.
You feel like coming up with a 10th level heavy plate tank? It's Planescape so any race your little heart desires. Something with a good Con would help

Could you give me a brief rundown of the game concept?


David M Mallon wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Anyone interested in a meat shield position in a Planescspe PbP?
Given my much-needed recent departure from Facebook, I'm in need of a distraction.
HUZZAH!
It's not funny. I've had to choose between 2/3 of my livelihood and keeping some semblance of my sanity. I'm going back, just not for a while.

I'm sorry Facebook is making you crazy, and glad you are taking a break. Go back when it's right for you.


David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Anyone interested in a meat shield position in a Planescspe PbP?
Given my much-needed recent departure from Facebook, I'm in need of a distraction.
You feel like coming up with a 10th level heavy plate tank? It's Planescape so any race your little heart desires. Something with a good Con would help
Could you give me a brief rundown of the game concept?

Sure. A group of plane-hopping mercenaries are currently trying to figure out a mystery involving some dead and or erased gods and a sickened Yggdrasil. They are located out of Sigil, the big city at the heart of the multiverse. You could play a straight dwarf, or a half-earth elemental Orc, a fallen angel with a penchant for murder, a half-fiend paladin, a noble jinn stripped of power, you name it, the possibilities are endless. The group just needs someone to soak up some of the damage these beasties are tossing about at their level.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

For the charitable:

My daughter is working hard to raise money for foster children to have tote bags to carry their possessions in, rather than the usual garbage bags DCF usually uses. Anyone who might have a dollar or two to spare, she could really use the support. She's had a few bad days because of her mom passing away, but despite her personal grief she really wants to help these children.

>LINK TO DONATION PAGE<


Almost done! Yay! Beach day tomorrow!


David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Anyone interested in a meat shield position in a Planescspe PbP?
Given my much-needed recent departure from Facebook, I'm in need of a distraction.

Yeah I find unfollow a very valuable tool


Treppa wrote:

Aranna, y u keep winking?

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

~grins~

I must have something in my eye.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Anyone interested in a meat shield position in a Planescspe PbP?
Given my much-needed recent departure from Facebook, I'm in need of a distraction.
You feel like coming up with a 10th level heavy plate tank? It's Planescape so any race your little heart desires. Something with a good Con would help
Could you give me a brief rundown of the game concept?
Sure. A group of plane-hopping mercenaries are currently trying to figure out a mystery involving some dead and or erased gods and a sickened Yggdrasil. They are located out of Sigil, the big city at the heart of the multiverse. You could play a straight dwarf, or a half-earth elemental Orc, a fallen angel with a penchant for murder, a half-fiend paladin, a noble jinn stripped of power, you name it, the possibilities are endless. The group just needs someone to soak up some of the damage these beasties are tossing about at their level.

I just came up with the best character concept ever.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Anyone interested in a meat shield position in a Planescspe PbP?
Given my much-needed recent departure from Facebook, I'm in need of a distraction.
You feel like coming up with a 10th level heavy plate tank? It's Planescape so any race your little heart desires. Something with a good Con would help
Could you give me a brief rundown of the game concept?
Sure. A group of plane-hopping mercenaries are currently trying to figure out a mystery involving some dead and or erased gods and a sickened Yggdrasil. They are located out of Sigil, the big city at the heart of the multiverse. You could play a straight dwarf, or a half-earth elemental Orc, a fallen angel with a penchant for murder, a half-fiend paladin, a noble jinn stripped of power, you name it, the possibilities are endless. The group just needs someone to soak up some of the damage these beasties are tossing about at their level.
I just came up with the best character concept ever.

Can't wait to see it!


Patrick Curtin wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:


I just came up with the best character concept ever.

Can't wait to see it!

Speaking as one of the squishies in said game,...

I can't wait to see it either! :D

Dark Archive

It does not matter! You will not stop me!


Nicoll Dyson Beams


Hmmm I think I might need a tablet or something for my PF pdf's & possibly some music for a game I'll run next quarter. That is unless the group prefers Traveller.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

BELINDA CARLISLE GOOD HEAVENS TOUR 1988

I still love her music even after all of these years.


I love the Go-Gos. The soundtrack of my youth


GOOD MORNING TREEFORTNAM!!


Off to the beach today. Got my sticker, my towel, my beach chair. The sun looks promising, and no work until 8am tomorrow!


Have fun!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Up at 4:30 this morning and at work (from home) by 5:00 in the ayem. Making today my b##$*.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Up at 4:30 this morning and at work (from home) by 5:00 in the ayem. Making today my b&&*%.

You go girl!

Smack that day in the ass and make it call you mommy!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:

You go girl!

Smack that day in the ass and make it call you mommy!

Interesting idea, particularly in light of the dreams I had last night... but that might be TMI. Except for Freehold, of course, who has no TMI threshold. :)

How's the beach? I can't go near the water until July 20, which is making for an unhappy summer so far.


Aberzombie wrote:
The game with the power.

This is making me crazy. It's from something, but I can't recall what, and my Google-fu fails. What is it?!?!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lots of billing hours, tho'

Scarab Sages

Treppa wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
The game with the power.
This is making me crazy. It's from something, but I can't recall what, and my Google-fu fails. What is it?!?!

Dunno, I was going for an ode to Labyrinth.

What power?
The power of Voodoo.
Who do?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the game.


Aberzombie wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
The game with the power.
This is making me crazy. It's from something, but I can't recall what, and my Google-fu fails. What is it?!?!

Dunno, I was going for an ode to Labyrinth.

What power?
The power of Voodoo.
Who do?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the game.

YES! Thank you!


Dyson Beams? What's it...

Oh... It isn't related in any way to Dyson Sphere, isn't it?

It is!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:

BELINDA CARLISLE GOOD HEAVENS TOUR 1988

I still love her music even after all of these years.

I can't exactly point it but I feel Psi Corp vibe from her...


Drejk wrote:
Sharoth wrote:

BELINDA CARLISLE GOOD HEAVENS TOUR 1988

I still love her music even after all of these years.

I can't exactly point it but I feel Psi Corp vibe from her...

that's probably not a coincidence.

Given how much pat benatar influenced one of the greatest anime of a generation, it's easy to see rock stars in just about every science fiction romp.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Aberzombie wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
The game with the power.
This is making me crazy. It's from something, but I can't recall what, and my Google-fu fails. What is it?!?!

Dunno, I was going for an ode to Labyrinth.

What power?
The power of Voodoo.
Who do?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the game.

Gah, I hate that movie, my sister watched it every day over summer vacation.

And now my wife bought a Labyrinth shirt for our 2 y/o. Retribution will be swift and slightly annoying.


Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Sharoth wrote:

BELINDA CARLISLE GOOD HEAVENS TOUR 1988

I still love her music even after all of these years.

I can't exactly point it but I feel Psi Corp vibe from her...

that's probably not a coincidence.

Given how much pat benatar influenced one of the greatest anime of a generation, it's easy to see rock stars in just about every science fiction romp.

Pat Benatar?

Anime?

*google*


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Sharoth wrote:

BELINDA CARLISLE GOOD HEAVENS TOUR 1988

I still love her music even after all of these years.

"For now, for love, forever, amen."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Sharoth wrote:

BELINDA CARLISLE GOOD HEAVENS TOUR 1988

I still love her music even after all of these years.

I can't exactly point it but I feel Psi Corp vibe from her...

that's probably not a coincidence.

Given how much pat benatar influenced one of the greatest anime of a generation, it's easy to see rock stars in just about every science fiction romp.

I think Drejk was thinking of Lyta Alexander off of Babylon 5.


Her voice made me think more of Talia.


Treppa wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

You go girl!

Smack that day in the ass and make it call you mommy!

Interesting idea, particularly in light of the dreams I had last night... but that might be TMI. Except for Freehold, of course, who has no TMI threshold. :)

How's the beach? I can't go near the water until July 20, which is making for an unhappy summer so far.

Gods , I had a great day. 80 degrees, silky sugar sand, nice 5mph breeze, Mike's hard lemonade.

life is made for lovely moments like this:)


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

You go girl!

Smack that day in the ass and make it call you mommy!

Interesting idea, particularly in light of the dreams I had last night... but that might be TMI. Except for Freehold, of course, who has no TMI threshold. :)

How's the beach? I can't go near the water until July 20, which is making for an unhappy summer so far.

TMI?:
Years ago, my cat, Kai, used to sleep at night on the bed either next to me or at the top corner. For no apparent reason, she had a couple weeks where she decided to sleep on my stomach. After the first couple nights, I got used to the extra weight and slept normally... except I started having dreams I was pregnant. Nothing scary, anxious, or weird in the dream; just me doing the usual routine chores or computer work and noticing once or twice that I'm pregnant. Being an inscrutable cat, she went back to her usual sleeping routine and the pregnancy dreams stopped. I'd never had a pregnancy dream before that, and I've not had any since.

(=^ᴥ^=)ノ

¯\_(ツ)_/¯


I took the plunge and bought myself a set of gator jawbone dice. No one is going to be able to ever touch them ever!!!!! But they are going to be a suitable GM dice set mwahahahaha.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

You go girl!

Smack that day in the ass and make it call you mommy!

Interesting idea, particularly in light of the dreams I had last night... but that might be TMI. Except for Freehold, of course, who has no TMI threshold. :)

How's the beach? I can't go near the water until July 20, which is making for an unhappy summer so far.

** spoiler omitted **¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wonder if it works with a dog, and me being a man.

Either way, that is fascinating. :-)

Dreams are fun!

Scarab Sages

Callous Jack wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
The game with the power.
This is making me crazy. It's from something, but I can't recall what, and my Google-fu fails. What is it?!?!

Dunno, I was going for an ode to Labyrinth.

What power?
The power of Voodoo.
Who do?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the game.

Gah, I hate that movie, my sister watched it every day over summer vacation.

And now my wife bought a Labyrinth shirt for our 2 y/o. Retribution will be swift and slightly annoying.

I have taken careful notes. If we ever meet in real life, I shall take full advantage of your dislike.


Drejk wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Sharoth wrote:

BELINDA CARLISLE GOOD HEAVENS TOUR 1988

I still love her music even after all of these years.

I can't exactly point it but I feel Psi Corp vibe from her...

that's probably not a coincidence.

Given how much pat benatar influenced one of the greatest anime of a generation, it's easy to see rock stars in just about every science fiction romp.

Pat Benatar?

Anime?

*google*

bubblegum crisis, friend.

NOT THE 2040 VERSION


What an excellent day! Sun sand booze and hibachi!❤️


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
What an excellent day! Sun sand booze and hibachi!❤️

Bless you. Here is some tissue.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
What an excellent day! Sun sand booze and hibachi!❤️

And I am officially jealous! ;P

Glad you had a good day! ;)

It sounds,... awesome,...


Back from overnight Game Of Thrones.
I was the most experienced player at the table. Two or three players had some experience in playing and the remaining two or three had none.

Bleh. I was asked to explain the rules.

Martells won in 10th round after their player got in tune with the rules and her slowly expanding position in the southern part of thee map. Being mostly ignored by both Baratheons (who for most of the time were cut off on Dragonstone by glorious Stark fleet, commanded by my humble self, at least until their main force on Dragonstone was annihilated by my marine desant) and Tyrells (mostly tied in shenanigans with Lanister-Greyjoy alliance). It was her first game and her first victory.


BONJOUR TREEFORTNAM !!!

3,751 to 3,800 of 19,931 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards