The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

3,651 to 3,700 of 19,931 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

Sheesh! I hope you get to hit the hay for a few hours after this?

:P


5 people marked this as a favorite.

I've been getting crap for sleep lately because it's been too warm for me to get comfortable. I'm the kind of person who leaves the window open all winter because subzero is perfect sleeping weather. But my bedroom doesn't have a lot of airflow, and it's been hot during the day and won't cool off at night. If I leave the door open in a desperate attempt to get a breeze through the room, the dog trots in and out all night, panting and jingling. I'm not sure if he wants to be sure I am breathing or if he thinks I have have a secret roast chicken in here, but he wakes me up multiple times each night. I tried the tower fan, but it doesn't work very well. I so wish I had a ceiling fan.

So tonight I dozed off early and closed the door to keep Mr. Jingles out. I woke up a half-hour later, sweaty and annoyed, and flopped on my back to stare up at the ceiling in anger and misery. And what is suspended from the ceiling? A frickin' ceiling fan. Cue choir of angels. When did that get there???

So I turned on the fan and got a cold drink. The bedroom feels nice and cool. I am going to go to sleep now. :D :D :D

Yeah, I feel like an idiot. But a nice, cool idiot.


Ragadolf wrote:

Sheesh! I hope you get to hit the hay for a few hours after this?

:P

I will, never fear. In fact, as of right now I have no work until Thursday. That will change, I am sure, but it's still a nice thought


Drejk wrote:
Huh, how far Orlando is from Amby? Hmmm... 3-4 hours of drive?

Google says Sanibel-to-Orlando is 3 hours, 19 minutes. Island traffic is better now that the snowbirds are mostly gone North, but I'd still figure on 25-45 minutes getting off the island. Plus I-75 typically slows from 3 lanes to 1 (or none) when someone has an accident. Plus lots of afternoon rain... so probably longer. But I don't go to clubs, not even the local one, because that many people in a confined space gives me literal panic attacks.

---

I'm very sorry about your recent unpleasant ultra-weirdness with your ex-ex, Patrick.

And I have no words to begin to tell your wife, Sharoth, how sorry I am that the Orlando multiple-murder terrorism took one of her friends. It feels weird being this angry and yet feeling so hollow-empty at the same time. Give her a hug for me, Sharoth, and tell her a complete stranger on the Internet wishes for her & her friend to have the time, space, and support to grieve as they need to.


Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Island traffic is better now that the snowbirds are mostly gone North...

Yeah it's my turn to deal with them :/

Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
I'm very sorry about your recent unpleasant ultra-weirdness with your ex-ex, Patrick.

thanks Amby. It was weird, and my daughter is dealing with some closure issues. They had not been on speaking terms for almost a decade. I think she feels regret that those fences didn't get mended. But, as I told her, that was her biomoms choice.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh sweet baby Ray, less than an hour to go!


GOOD MORN...

GOOD EVENIN...

GOOD SOMETIME TREEFORTNAM!!!


IT'S A WRAP!!!


DO NOT POKE HAPPY FUN BALL


AM HAPPY FUN BALL wrote:
DO NOT POKE HAPPY FUN BALL

~pokes HAPPY FUN BALL~


OW, QUIT IT


<Pulls out bag of marbles. Dumps them around Happy Fun Ball. Lines up a shot with big 'ol Steelie,...>

;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

hi everyone,

I am back from a weekend trip to the Ore Mountains, because my mother in law wanted to celebrate her 65th birthday where she grew up with some childhood friends

trip was good but the boy had some dificulty adusting to staying in a hotel room

but better now than in 2 weeks when we do the 3-day-trip my wife has won


Well, back at work. LMFAO. I can't even. It's just too much.

Good money though. I can't complain about that


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Did you get any sleep? o_O


41/2 hours. Not optimal, but I'm not really tired. I don't start feeling tired until I drop under 3


Plus these shifts. If I don't grab them now there is no guarantee any will come up later


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I had a myopulse treatment today - electrical stimulation that is supposed to aid bone and muscle growth/healing - and it felt great for a few hours. Now the break aches like the dickens. I may take a pain pill for the first time since surgery.

Ouchie-wa-wa.

Maybe it's a good sign. No pain, no gain. Right?

Right?

Well, it did something.

♪♫ Always look on the bright side of life... ♫♪


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*whistles*


Well I (supposedly) have the next two days off. We shall see


I'm at least in my comfy bed. No overnight shenanigans tonight!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
I'm at least in my comfy bed. No overnight shenanigans tonight!

Isn't "Your Creepy Neighbour" meant to say "Pity"?


GOOD MORNING TREEFORTNAM!!!!!!!


Up after five hours sleep. Amazing.


And this is up as in 'lying in bed, feeling rested' not, 'dragging my ass out of bed because I have to'


Maybe I should try and go back to sleep?

***

Nah


Today is harvest broccoli day!

And install photoshop day

And Game O Thrones day


Dah dah!

Dit dit DAH DAH

Dit dit DAH DAH

Dit dit DAH DAH

Dit dit DAH DAH

Doo Doo doobie Doo Doo

Doubie dah

(Dahdahditditdahdah)

Doo Doo

Doobie Doo Doo

Doubie dah


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Good morning, monkey! Enjoy your lie-in and day off!

I have myopulse (again) and a ton of work to do from home. No commuting and I get to make money.

Oh, changed the finger dressing last night and found that pain is what happens when you botch your Bandage(Finger) roll, make a big wad of gauze sponge, decide that it won't fit under the hard protective splint so wrap it down real tight with the gauze stretch bandage, then squeeze the shell over it when the biggest lump is directly over the worst part of the fracture. Everything makes sense in hindsight. Now it's just iiiitchy, which is good, according to old wives everywhere.

It's lovely here today, 60's and sunny. We have been getting thunderstorms every afternoon/evening. It's crazy. The grass is green, humidity is high enough that glasses of iced beverage actually sweat, dew is on the grass in the morning, and there are mushrooms growing in the shade. That doesn't happen on the high plains! It's nutso! This isn't Seattle or Britian. Go away, rain.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DSXMachina wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
I'm at least in my comfy bed. No overnight shenanigans tonight!
Isn't "Your Creepy Neighbour" meant to say "Pity"?

...

Pity...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:

Good morning, monkey! Enjoy your lie-in and day off!

I have myopulse (again) and a ton of work to do from home. No commuting and I get to make money.

Oh, changed the finger dressing last night and found that pain is what happens when you botch your Bandage(Finger) roll, make a big wad of gauze sponge, decide that it won't fit under the hard protective splint so wrap it down real tight with the gauze stretch bandage, then squeeze the shell over it when the biggest lump is directly over the worst part of the fracture. Everything makes sense in hindsight. Now it's just iiiitchy, which is good, according to old wives everywhere.

It's lovely here today, 60's and sunny. We have been getting thunderstorms every afternoon/evening. It's crazy. The grass is green, humidity is high enough that glasses of iced beverage actually sweat, dew is on the grass in the morning, and there are mushrooms growing in the shade. That doesn't happen on the high plains! It's nutso! This isn't Seattle or Britian. Go away, rain.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

You as well Ms. Treppa! Today is a wonderful day on the sandbar, breezy and 70F. No humidity to speak of. Time for adventure!

Oh and anyone with Instagram can follow my adventures in photographic form if they so choose. Look for Zen_Monkey67


1 person marked this as a favorite.

For my PbP peeps. Adobe install was a success! Incoming maps tonight!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

after more than 35 years I have to get used to a new dentist :-(
the Dentist I went to since kindergarten finLly retired and I am now in the hands of his son, who took over


Patrick Curtin wrote:
For my PbP peeps. Adobe install was a success! Incoming maps tonight!!

Woo hoo! ;)

I don't facespace, or instacram,... or whatever.

But that doesn't mean I might not take a look! ;P


7 people marked this as a favorite.
aeglos wrote:

after more than 35 years I have to get used to a new dentist :-(

the Dentist I went to since kindergarten finLly retired and I am now in the hands of his son, who took over

Wow. Dwarven teeth are so tough that dwarves wear out their dentists first. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

What an amazing day to be alive!


I second that!


Pillbug Toenibbler wrote:
aeglos wrote:

after more than 35 years I have to get used to a new dentist :-(

the Dentist I went to since kindergarten finLly retired and I am now in the hands of his son, who took over
Wow. Dwarven teeth are so tough that dwarves wear out their dentists first. :)

ROFLMAO! :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ah Gods, they don't make many days like this. Cerulean sky, just the right temperature, a fresh ocean breeze with a piquant tang of sea salt in it.

Ahhh...


So glad I am off for 2 weeks. Anxiety has been a bit unreasonable lately trying to whip that demon back into it's cage where it belongs. But I have been sleeping better insomnia is gone and I am not sleeping 12 hours a day from medication side effects either. I need to find some time traveler from stopping the car crash when I was 19 that resulted in my traumatic brain injury but, until then the ongoing battle with the demon inside shall continue.


I was using my Dad's truck to do some landscaping chores and since I couldn't hook the iPhone to the radio I went retro and listened to Offspring's Americana CD about three times through. That album still holds up really well.

Maybe life is like a ride on the freeway
Dodging bullets while you're trying to find your way
Everyone's around but no one does a damn thing
It brings me down, but I won't let them


Well, the day ended on a rather sour note, but all in all an excellent day


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Damn the Waif is like some sort of Medieval T-1000


BAM!

Silver Crusade

So I take it you are current with GoT now? That was a great fight scene.

Game of Thrones spoiler:
Seriously, when she knocked out the candle, I was like... It's about to get real.


Spoiler:
yeah, I'd love to be able to run something like that in a game


I do have to say. I am liking the adaptation of The Preacher. I read the comics a while back. I didn't think they could do a good adaptation, but it is keeping my attention


Got some map work done. I'm pretty pleased about that


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

3 days left until 4 weeks off. Which means it's train-your-temp-week. Which means I yet again get to marvel at how someone can manage to make the act of reading a list difficult.


Kajehase wrote:
3 days left until 4 weeks off. Which means it's train-your-temp-week. Which means I yet again get to marvel at how someone can manage to make the act of reading a list difficult.

~looks at the list and wonders if I am reading it right (It is backwards and upside down)~

3,651 to 3,700 of 19,931 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards