The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

3,501 to 3,550 of 19,931 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

Mmmm, Braintree... {drools}

Edit: I guess I was so busy being undead, I didn't notice my clothes were inside out.


Dude, where's my extra pepperoni and mushroom pie?


Treppa wrote:
I'm really fond of spiders, but unexpectedly walking into a face-high web puts me into instant flailing gaaaaah!! mode.

I walked into a giant web once that a really fat orb spider made across my front door... Total panic ensued.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Work application send.

*sigh*

I really should have written that cyberpunk short story I thought of last year, it would be a great writing sample for that application...


Aranna wrote:
Treppa wrote:
I'm really fond of spiders, but unexpectedly walking into a face-high web puts me into instant flailing gaaaaah!! mode.
I walked into a giant web once that a really fat orb spider made across my front door... Total panic ensued.

Yeah, we used to have a huge orb weaver that built its web across our front walk, between two trees. I learned to look closely before I walked to the car in the morning. Funny thing was, s/he would pack it up during the day and spin it again at night, leaving just a few non-sticky anchor strands between the trees most of the day. Amazing critters.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:

Work application send.

*sigh*

I really should have written that cyberpunk short story I thought of last year, it would be a great writing sample for that application...

*Automated reply that they received my mail and will respond to selected people within two weeks*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Good luck, O mighty Dragon!

Silver Crusade

What manner of job application would benefit from the addition of a cyberpunk story?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

All of them.

Scarab Sages

Patrick Curtin wrote:
Stuck in Braintree for three hours.

Mrgh?


Aberzombie wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Stuck in Braintree for three hours.
Mrgh?

MRRGH!

Scarab Sages

ZombehMonkeh wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Stuck in Braintree for three hours.
Mrgh?
MRRGH!

Mmmmmm.....


Ugh. I'm glad that day is over!


Aberzombie wrote:
ZombehMonkeh wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Stuck in Braintree for three hours.
Mrgh?
MRRGH!
Mmmmmm.....

Is there enough to share?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Brace yourselves. Nap time is coming


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Have you seen Deadpool yet. It's a great movie. :-)

Just finished watching it, really enjoyed it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Superhero landing! Superhero landing! She's gonna do a superhero landing!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Deadpool is messed up in a good way.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Aranna wrote:
Treppa wrote:
I'm really fond of spiders, but unexpectedly walking into a face-high web puts me into instant flailing gaaaaah!! mode.
I walked into a giant web once that a really fat orb spider made across my front door... Total panic ensued.
Yeah, we used to have a huge orb weaver that built its web across our front walk, between two trees. I learned to look closely before I walked to the car in the morning. Funny thing was, s/he would pack it up during the day and spin it again at night, leaving just a few non-sticky anchor strands between the trees most of the day. Amazing critters.

Totally amazing.

That same year I went out to watch the sunrise over my pond and I realized why I didn't have ANY bugs in the house. The morning dew highlighted a nightmare scene sure to strike terror into any bug. Every plant in my yard was covered in orb weaver webs. As the sun lit up a thousand dew kissed webs I was really glad I wasn't a bug. I wish I had thought to take a picture it probably would have won some kind of award.


*yawn*


GOOD MORNING TREEFORTNAM!!!!!


So the data seems to prove that I feel well-rested with six hours of sleep. To the point where I couldn't sleep more if I wanted to. Furthermore, I can function on two hours sleep without too much issue.

This seems very strange to me, but I'm going to roll with it. Better than needing 8+ hours to function right I guess


The full night rest varies from person to person.
I am fully rested at 6 hours sleep and actually feel worse if I get more than 7 hours. However I can feel minor effects of sleep deprivation if I get less than 6 hours and at less than 4 hours sleep I am a zombie.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I tend to feel sluggish unless I get 8.5, which I rarely do except on weekends. I think I'm at the other end of the spectrum.


captain yesterday wrote:
All of them.

I am pretty sure that some of them would go better with fantasy short stories.


I feel sluggish after waking up most of the time and rarely reach reasonable level of capacity until many hours later. Except for an occasional short burst of activity after waking up in a planned matter but that wears out and is not that great.


Celestial Healer wrote:
What manner of job application would benefit from the addition of a cyberpunk story?

The one for which my CV lists majority of my publications...


Of course, move out of my friends got delayed to tomorrow because of technical issues with the transport.


Aranna wrote:

The full night rest varies from person to person.

I am fully rested at 6 hours sleep and actually feel worse if I get more than 7 hours. However I can feel minor effects of sleep deprivation if I get less than 6 hours and at less than 4 hours sleep I am a zombie.

Yeah my makeup seems to run thusly:

>2 zombie
2-4 tired/sluggish
4-6 mildly tired
6-7 fully rested
7+ satiated and feeling 'overslept'


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My wife's sleeping habits have rubbed off on me. She is born year of the dragon and is sooooooooooooooooo much an overgrown feline. Night's sleep. Wake up early. Stay in bed. Look around. Go back to sleep. Snore. Wake up. Nap. Wake up. Stare at ceiling. Think about getting out of bed. Nap. Wake up. Realize forgot to get out of bed. Get out of bed. Walk around. That makes you tired. Go back to bed. Nap. Wake up. Realize work is in an hour. Shower. Get back in bed to air dry. Nap. Wake up just in time to leave for work.

Scarab Sages

Patrick Curtin wrote:


Yeah my makeup seems to run thusly:
>2 zombie

Huzzah!!!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Yay! Just received notice that my new motherboard is on its way! Soon my new gaming rig will be assembled and I can put down this 6 year old clunky, heavy tablet! If it all goes to plan Humpty should be back together by the end of the weekend.


Aberzombie wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:


Yeah my makeup seems to run thusly:
>2 zombie
Huzzah!!!

Huzzmrrgh !!


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Aranna wrote:

The full night rest varies from person to person.

I am fully rested at 6 hours sleep and actually feel worse if I get more than 7 hours. However I can feel minor effects of sleep deprivation if I get less than 6 hours and at less than 4 hours sleep I am a zombie.

Yeah my makeup seems to run thusly:

>2 zombie
2-4 tired/sluggish
4-6 mildly tired
6-7 fully rested
7+ satiated and feeling 'overslept'

My OCD has kicked in and requires me to inform you this reads as GREATER THAN 2. You wanted <2.

...

Sorry. :|


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Quite correct. I should have remembered the alligator rule

Scarab Sages

Patrick Curtin wrote:
Quite correct. I should have remembered the alligator rule

Meh. I knew what you meant.


I thought we were talking brains.

I'm a bit of a collector myself.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Back to normal life.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

For a certain value of normal.


Why does an inhabited barrier island have such crappy drainage? Also, if drainage is such a recurrent problem, especially when said island is subject to regular thunderstorms and frequent tropical storms/hurricanes, why don't said inhabitants do something(s) to improve the drainage? Yes, living in stilt homes helps those particular inhabitants, but what do you do when most of the roads are underwater/washing away and the septic fields & sewer systems are both too waterlogged to operate properly? Knowing all this, why doesn't everyone drive Subarus and other AWD vehicles? I miss my Subaru. [/Rant]


My next car goal is an AWD. I'm aiming for a RAV4. My Corrolla is nice, but my new home sits at the bottom of a hill. Not good in snow.


hi everyone


Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Why does an inhabited barrier island have such crappy drainage? Also, if drainage is such a recurrent problem, especially when said island is subject to regular thunderstorms and frequent tropical storms/hurricanes, why don't said inhabitants do something(s) to improve the drainage? Yes, living in stilt homes helps those particular inhabitants, but what do you do when most of the roads are underwater/washing away and the septic fields & sewer systems are both too waterlogged to operate properly? Knowing all this, why doesn't everyone drive Subarus and other AWD vehicles? I miss my Subaru. [/Rant]

Well, you see, unbeknownst to the world at large, every barrier island is actually a sentient landmass created, for as-yet unknown reasons, by an alien race known as the Juels'dkd. In order to prevent the governments of the world from investigating, the islands have been trained to extrude portions of themselves and shape them into the "inhabitants". The behavior you see is merely showcasing the islands' lack of understanding of normal human behavior.


They're just showing off!

You should see the Intergalactic Westminster Island Show.

They're truly silly creatures.


Conspiracy Buff wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Why does an inhabited barrier island have such crappy drainage? Also, if drainage is such a recurrent problem, especially when said island is subject to regular thunderstorms and frequent tropical storms/hurricanes, why don't said inhabitants do something(s) to improve the drainage? Yes, living in stilt homes helps those particular inhabitants, but what do you do when most of the roads are underwater/washing away and the septic fields & sewer systems are both too waterlogged to operate properly? Knowing all this, why doesn't everyone drive Subarus and other AWD vehicles? I miss my Subaru. [/Rant]
Well, you see, unbeknownst to the world at large, every barrier island is actually a sentient landmass created, for as-yet unknown reasons, by an alien race known as the Juels'dkd. In order to prevent the governments of the world from investigating, the islands have been trained to extrude portions of themselves and shape them into the "inhabitants". The behavior you see is merely showcasing the islands' lack of understanding of normal human behavior.

I have always suspected the Florida division of the Army Corps of Engineers was sekritly a cult of Dagon, what with the uncanny knack for f!cking-up water-flow throughout SW FL... but your idea seems equally plausible.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

So the finger is doing well...ish. Not infected, anyway, though the X-ray still makes the surgeon cringe.


Treppa wrote:
So the finger is doing well...ish. Not infected, anyway, though the X-ray still makes the surgeon cringe.

Curse you, Peter Pan! {shakes fist ineffectually}

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Why does an inhabited barrier island have such crappy drainage? Also, if drainage is such a recurrent problem, especially when said island is subject to regular thunderstorms and frequent tropical storms/hurricanes, why don't said inhabitants do something(s) to improve the drainage? Yes, living in stilt homes helps those particular inhabitants, but what do you do when most of the roads are underwater/washing away and the septic fields & sewer systems are both too waterlogged to operate properly? Knowing all this, why doesn't everyone drive Subarus and other AWD vehicles? I miss my Subaru. [/Rant]

The real question is why anybody still lives in Florida.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Booty.

3,501 to 3,550 of 19,931 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards