The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

3,451 to 3,500 of 19,931 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>

Less than an hour!


I'm so happy my clothes turned inside out!


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Unexpected drawbacks of playing sandboxy video-games.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
would word that pomme frite is back help?

Poutine always helps.

When are we going?

approximately 2 weeks.
Since you both are the resident NYCers, where are your top places in the city to get a good slice (or entire) pizza? Is Sicilian-style considered heresy?

There is more diversity in pizza offerings here than one would think. Sicilian is easy to find, and there are lots of people doing brick oven, too, in addition to the typical "New York" style pizza (or Neapolitan, which is just a stone's throw from the NY style).

The only heresy is Chicago-style deep dish.

Silver Crusade

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Kajehase wrote:
Unexpected drawbacks of playing sandboxy video-games.

This is amazing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mmmm, deep dish.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Celestial Healer wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
would word that pomme frite is back help?

Poutine always helps.

When are we going?

approximately 2 weeks.
Since you both are the resident NYCers, where are your top places in the city to get a good slice (or entire) pizza? Is Sicilian-style considered heresy?

There is more diversity in pizza offerings here than one would think. Sicilian is easy to find, and there are lots of people doing brick oven, too, in addition to the typical "New York" style pizza (or Neapolitan, which is just a stone's throw from the NY style).

The only heresy is Chicago-style deep dish.

Is that so you're not reminded what a real pizza tastes like. :-D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My outside cat has laryngitis. She almost sounds like she is a frog.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Awwww, cute illness.


Celestial Healer wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Since you both are the resident NYCers, where are your top places in the city to get a good slice (or entire) pizza? Is Sicilian-style considered heresy?

There is more diversity in pizza offerings here than one would think. Sicilian is easy to find, and there are lots of people doing brick oven, too, in addition to the typical "New York" style pizza (or Neapolitan, which is just a stone's throw from the NY style).

The only heresy is Chicago-style deep dish.

I've had Neapolitan-ish/NY-ish style pizza, but never Sicilian. I asked cause I just ran across a new recipe for it and it sounded really really good.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
would word that pomme frite is back help?

Poutine always helps.

When are we going?

approximately 2 weeks.
Since you both are the resident NYCers, where are your top places in the city to get a good slice (or entire) pizza? Is Sicilian-style considered heresy?

There is more diversity in pizza offerings here than one would think. Sicilian is easy to find, and there are lots of people doing brick oven, too, in addition to the typical "New York" style pizza (or Neapolitan, which is just a stone's throw from the NY style).

The only heresy is Chicago-style deep dish.

Is that so you're not reminded what a real pizza tastes like. :-D

CH, bring the car around. We need to pay captain yesterday a visit, then take him for a ride.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kajehase wrote:
Unexpected drawbacks of playing sandboxy video-games.

great. Now I can't take CY for a ride.

Silver Crusade

captain yesterday wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
would word that pomme frite is back help?

Poutine always helps.

When are we going?

approximately 2 weeks.
Since you both are the resident NYCers, where are your top places in the city to get a good slice (or entire) pizza? Is Sicilian-style considered heresy?

There is more diversity in pizza offerings here than one would think. Sicilian is easy to find, and there are lots of people doing brick oven, too, in addition to the typical "New York" style pizza (or Neapolitan, which is just a stone's throw from the NY style).

The only heresy is Chicago-style deep dish.

Is that so you're not reminded what a real pizza tastes like. :-D

I try not to hate on it too much. It is a regional specialty. If someone gave me one, I would eat it (or at least a piece or two, at which point I would feel like I had a big rock in my stomach because deep dish is so heavy and greasy).

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Celestial Healer wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
would word that pomme frite is back help?

Poutine always helps.

When are we going?

approximately 2 weeks.
Since you both are the resident NYCers, where are your top places in the city to get a good slice (or entire) pizza? Is Sicilian-style considered heresy?

There is more diversity in pizza offerings here than one would think. Sicilian is easy to find, and there are lots of people doing brick oven, too, in addition to the typical "New York" style pizza (or Neapolitan, which is just a stone's throw from the NY style).

The only heresy is Chicago-style deep dish.

Is that so you're not reminded what a real pizza tastes like. :-D
I try not to hate on it too much. It is a regional specialty. If someone gave me one, I would eat it (or at least a piece or two, at which point I would feel like I had a big rock in my stomach because deep dish is so heavy and greasy).

It could be worse, it could be pizza in the South.

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Treppa wrote:

Started the morning by snapping myself in the eye with my bra.

Don't ask.

Did you crit?


I love Chicago style deep dish pizza. One slice is a whole meal.
Cheese IS greasy the only way have pizza without grease is to put veggies on flatbread.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Callous Jack wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
The only heresy is Chicago-style deep dish.
Is that so you're not reminded what a real pizza tastes like. :-D
I try not to hate on it too much. It is a regional specialty. If someone gave me one, I would eat it (or at least a piece or two, at which point I would feel like I had a big rock in my stomach because deep dish is so heavy and greasy).
It could be worse, it could be pizza in the South.

It could be worse, it could be pizza from a box. (Everyone else in my family loves this. Seriously. Ugh. This is why I learned to make my own from scratch.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Or pizza on the west coast.

Captain Yesterday: uh, yeah we ordered extra cheese

Pizza place: yes, we put extra cheese essence, it's under the pepperoni foam

Captain Yesterday: Can I get one with actual pepperoni, and cheese

Pizza place: This is Pizza Hut, sir. We don't serve gourmet!


I love every kind of pizza. I'm polypiemorous.

I have a sentimental fondness for Greek pizza (Somewhere between deep dish and thin crust) that is very common about here. But a razor-thin NYC crust or a mile-thick Chicago crust are both fantastic.

I wept when they closed Pizzareia Unos here. It was the last deep-dish pizza place. Ah well, pizza is not really on my menu anyway...*sigh*


I seriously think I am a mutant. I've literally had about an hour's sleep today, and I feel fine. In three weeks I have not gotten anywhere near 8 hours. In fact, I am pretty sure I have not gotten 8 hours of sleep in years, and I just didn't notice because I had no way to track it.

Strange ...

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

All of the above pizza-related statements are true.

Now I want pizza.

Silver Crusade

Aranna wrote:

I love Chicago style deep dish pizza. One slice is a whole meal.

Cheese IS greasy the only way have pizza without grease is to put veggies on flatbread.

Grease on pizza comes from three sources: direct addition of oil to the pan (more of a deep dish phenomenon), use of fatty meats like pepperoni, and use of cheap processed "mozzarella". Pizza made with real fresh mozzarella is not greasy at all unless you top it with pepperoni or sausage.


OK. Now I'm getting kind of tired. But I have to eat and then GoT!


HAZARD... GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL.
SOURCE... RADAR INDICATED.
IMPACT... PEOPLE AND ANIMALS OUTDOORS WILL BE INJURED. EXPECT DAMAGE TO ROOFS... SIDING... WINDOWS... AND VEHICLES.

My poor car. :(


Treppa wrote:

HAZARD... GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE... RADAR INDICATED.
IMPACT... PEOPLE AND ANIMALS OUTDOORS WILL BE INJURED. EXPECT DAMAGE TO ROOFS... SIDING... WINDOWS... AND VEHICLES.

My poor car. :(

I want you to move to Amsterdam. Also, they do have internet there.


Treppa wrote:

HAZARD... GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE... RADAR INDICATED.
IMPACT... PEOPLE AND ANIMALS OUTDOORS WILL BE INJURED. EXPECT DAMAGE TO ROOFS... SIDING... WINDOWS... AND VEHICLES.

My poor car. :(

that's it. Come to nyc Treppa. There is no hail here.


Amster-Amster-DAM DAM DAM!
Amster-Amster-DAM DAM DAM!
They all went down to AmsterDAM!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

By the Seven! I love Game of Thrones !


The CGI of Riverrun is beautiful


Treppa wrote:

Amster-Amster-DAM DAM DAM!

Amster-Amster-DAM DAM DAM!
They all went down to AmsterDAM!

I need to put Amsterdam on my to do list. There are some museums that need visiting


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Yes. Museums...


Well, seeing as I am unable to partake in Amsterdam's other famous pleasure, museums will have to do.


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Well, seeing as I am unable to partake in Amsterdam's other famous pleasure, museums will have to do.

but..it's only exchanging money for carnal pleasures!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Treppa wrote:

HAZARD... GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE... RADAR INDICATED.
IMPACT... PEOPLE AND ANIMALS OUTDOORS WILL BE INJURED. EXPECT DAMAGE TO ROOFS... SIDING... WINDOWS... AND VEHICLES.

My poor car. :(

that's it. Come to nyc Treppa. There is no hail here.

So... Amsterdam or New Amsterdam...


5 people marked this as a favorite.

~30 hours of work at the record label over the last 3 days, plus 8 hours at the day job and 10 hours of freelance work, all on around 9 hours of sleep in 72 hours. And... I just tried to lock the washing machine with my car keys. Whatever happened to 8 o'clock bedtime?


I screwed up. I put the wrong material into the wrong silo at work thus contaminating thousands of kilos of plastic. Naturally the boss was a little perturbed. Penalized with a 2 day suspension.

There is a bright spot however. I had already scheduled my next week off for vacation so I get to start my holiday early. Sometimes things happen for a reason. :)


Freehold DM wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Well, seeing as I am unable to partake in Amsterdam's other famous pleasure, museums will have to do.
but..it's only exchanging money for carnal pleasures!

No not that ninny. And .. Eww not that either


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:

I seriously think I am a mutant. I've literally had about an hour's sleep today, and I feel fine. In three weeks I have not gotten anywhere near 8 hours. In fact, I am pretty sure I have not gotten 8 hours of sleep in years, and I just didn't notice because I had no way to track it.

Strange ...

You might be suffering from sleep deprivation. Getting used to lack of sleep is one of the signs of prolonged sleep deprivation - together with diminished intellectual and physical capabilities AND switching your own perception to feel fine despite those secret penalties...

Or your meditative techniques make up for it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Maybe I could go back to sleep?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Wow. 53 posts since I went to bed at 1am last night.

And NOW I want pizza! Seriously? I just had breakfast! ;P

And my preferred is thin & crispy crust, preferably with either a lots of meats or a nice supreme. ;)

Deep dish has it's place. Just not in my stomach! (Not anymore! When I was younger it was fine, but now it is just too much for this aging wizard) :/

Sleep deprivation bad.

When I was early-20's and in college, I would go for a straight week or more on maybe 2 hours of sleep a night. (Too much to do. Homework, friends, play rehearsals, swordfighting, late-night game sessions, work on weekends)

But after about a week of that, I would have to pass out and couldn't be awakened for a good long while. Like a whole day. ;P


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Went outside this morning a little after sunrise to go pick up Deadpool from Redbox. Everything is soaked and it's already feeling sticky-muggy from the humidity, but otherwise not too bad from tropical storm Colin. Stopped for a moment to enjoy a brief breeze and noticed a neat spikey spider had put up a new web. So I carefully leaned in close to take a closer look and admire his/her pretty colors... and a nice gust suddenly blew the spider right in my face. A teeny spider surprise in the face, and the subsequent spastic arm-flailing and sputtering, works pretty good as a coffee substitute for completely waking up.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Went outside this morning a little after sunrise to go pick up Deadpool from Redbox. Everything is soaked and it's already feeling sticky-muggy from the humidity, but otherwise not too bad from tropical storm Colin. Stopped for a moment to enjoy a brief breeze and noticed a neat spikey spider had put up a new web. So I carefully leaned in close to take a closer look and admire his/her pretty colors... and a nice gust suddenly blew the spider right in my face. A teeny spider surprise in the face, and the subsequent spastic arm-flailing and sputtering, works pretty good as a coffee substitute for completely waking up.

Sorry, I loled.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Have you seen Deadpool yet. It's a great movie. :-)

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Treppa wrote:

HAZARD... GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE... RADAR INDICATED.
IMPACT... PEOPLE AND ANIMALS OUTDOORS WILL BE INJURED. EXPECT DAMAGE TO ROOFS... SIDING... WINDOWS... AND VEHICLES.

My poor car. :(

that's it. Come to nyc Treppa. There is no hail here.
So... Amsterdam or New Amsterdam...

New Amsterdam is overrated, nary a windmill to be found.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Poor teeny spider. I imagine being blown into a giant's face isn't the best way to start the day.


Treppa wrote:
Poor teeny spider. I imagine being blown into a giant's face isn't the best way to start the day.

what...what did you do?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Huh? Don't blame me!


Treppa wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Poor teeny spider. I imagine being blown into a giant's face isn't the best way to start the day.
what...what did you do?
Huh? Don't blame me!

I imagine the spider is fine, maybe pissed off about needing to rebuild the web yet again. I definitely didn't smoosh her/him; they're usually pretty smart about quickly getting away from the spastic bumbling giants.


I'm really fond of spiders, but unexpectedly walking into a face-high web puts me into instant flailing gaaaaah!! mode.


Yay! Stuck in Braintree for three hours. Good news is I get paid.

3,451 to 3,500 of 19,931 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards