The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

2,851 to 2,900 of 19,931 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>

Best wishes Treppa!

Last day of landscraping for me this week. It has been nice to be able to earn some money to bridge the gap in my finances. I'm not too worried about my rent this month as I was last month. This Friday I should have a check from the bus company as well.

Now to take the pooches for a walk


But first, time to turn my clothes rightside out


Treppa wrote:
** spoiler omitted ** We'll find out Friday morning.

heres hoping it's not necessary...I need you alive and whole for the prophecy.

Silver Crusade

The prophecy?


Yes.

The prophecy.


There was a prophecy?


IT IS FORETOLD!


42.


Patrick Curtin wrote:
...Now to take the pooches for a walk

Don't do it! It's too dangerous!


Freehold DM wrote:
Treppa wrote:
** spoiler omitted ** We'll find out Friday morning.
heres hoping it's not necessary...I need you alive and whole for the prophecy.

You're going to give her Misty Knight's arm, aren't you Dr. Freeholdbotnik?


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Treppa wrote:
PC gamer's nightmare.

...


rant:
So everything points to my needing surgery right away. I have been calling around to find a surgeon who takes my insurance and can't find one. So I started asking about self-pay on time plans. They are telling me that is insurance fraud. WTF? And when I find one who takes my insurance, there is a waiting list until November. Update: After 2 hours of calls, found an appointment June 1, only 2 weeks past the "too late for surgery" date.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

What the f$@# indeed!


Edna Mode wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Treppa wrote:
** spoiler omitted ** We'll find out Friday morning.
heres hoping it's not necessary...I need you alive and whole for the prophecy.
You're going to give her Misty Knight's arm, aren't you Dr. Freeholdbotnik?

quiet you.

Cyborg Treppa must be a surprise.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:

Yes.

The prophecy.

Does it involve Christopher Walken?

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Edna Mode wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Treppa wrote:
** spoiler omitted ** We'll find out Friday morning.
heres hoping it's not necessary...I need you alive and whole for the prophecy.
You're going to give her Misty Knight's arm, aren't you Dr. Freeholdbotnik?

quiet you.

Cyborg Treppa must be a surprise.

Winter Treppa?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Treppa wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Absolutely disgraceful.

Hoping for the best resolution for you. For what little that's worth.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Callous Jack wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Edna Mode wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Treppa wrote:
** spoiler omitted ** We'll find out Friday morning.
heres hoping it's not necessary...I need you alive and whole for the prophecy.
You're going to give her Misty Knight's arm, aren't you Dr. Freeholdbotnik?

quiet you.

Cyborg Treppa must be a surprise.

Winter Treppa?

I LOVE THIS IDEA


Health Care info for US:
I had no clue this site existed until I started researching why self-pay is considered fraud. If you need a medical procedure, you can find the fair cost in your area. Now that I know $2,500 is fair cost for what I need, I'm a lot less freaked out.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That's still an awful lot of money.


Better than the $11,000+ that poor guy paid when he mistook an ER for Urgent Care for his sinus infection.


Sorry to hear of your travails Treppa.

Another remunerative day spent tidying up the lawns of retired millionaires

Time to relax and work at my PbPs!


I think if your PbPs are work you are doing it wrong.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Idk. You can work at something and still enjoy it. I work at gardening, exercising, meditating. Work for me does not have a negative connotation


GOOD MORNING TREEFORTNAM!!!


0-dark-30 and wide awake. No landscraping today. Bus wrangling instead. I should find out what the status on my test is soon.

I need to start thinking about GenCon. It's coming up quickly


Good thing is I should be able to get some good money in. I have to watch my expenditures these next three months


I hear that. My primary client will be out of town for 6 weeks - no pay from them. And if I am going to be one-handed for a while, all my projected income is roughly halved, because keyboarding will take roughly twice as long as expected. I am looking into speech to text now.

Good luck with the test. Why does it take so long?

dreary prediction:
Revising earlier guess before I see the surgeon. I think both the flexor and extensor tendons are detached. In researching repair, the key to success is absolutely no tension on the repair site. That means repairing both at once should be impossible. Best guess: repair flexor first. 3 months in cast, 3 months rehab to stretch it. Then repair extensor, possibly with graft. 3 more months in cast, thenvery long rehab. I bet this thing is going to take the better part of 2 years to fix, of which I'll be one-handed for 6 months. I am handling this with all the grace and serenity of the love child of Gordon Ramsay and the Tasmanian Devil. Paint is blistering off the walls of the apartment. Any future dogs will weigh no more than 3 pounds. If they get heavier, things start getting amputated.


Damn. I'm sorry Treppa.


Eh, it's a prediction. Hoping I'm wrong. And Dragon speech software looks like it will be useful with one hand or two. Could be a good investment!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
I should find out what the status on my test is soon.

Huzzah!

I've still got a few weeks to go until I found out how I did on the PE Exam back in mid-April. I'm hoping by end of May, but it could be all the way through mid-June.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Treppa wrote:

I hear that. My primary client will be out of town for 6 weeks - no pay from them. And if I am going to be one-handed for a while, all my projected income is roughly halved, because keyboarding will take roughly twice as long as expected. I am looking into speech to text now.

Good luck with the test. Why does it take so long?

** spoiler omitted **

:(

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Idk. You can work at something and still enjoy it. I work at gardening, exercising, meditating. Work for me does not have a negative connotation

I think people make the mistake of thinking effort is bad.

That's all work really is, effort. And it's required to be good at something, be it a job or a hobby.


Aberzombie wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
I should find out what the status on my test is soon.

Huzzah!

I've still got a few weeks to go until I found out how I did on the PE Exam back in mid-April. I'm hoping by end of May, but it could be all the way through mid-June.

Yay! I got my test date. Next Wednesday on my birthday. I'll have something to celebrate hopefully


Treppa wrote:

I hear that. My primary client will be out of town for 6 weeks - no pay from them. And if I am going to be one-handed for a while, all my projected income is roughly halved, because keyboarding will take roughly twice as long as expected. I am looking into speech to text now.

Good luck with the test. Why does it take so long?

** spoiler omitted **

Thanks Treppa and sorry about the hand :(

As for why it too so long it was totally random. A woman I trained with got tested two weeks ago. I guess I was just unlucky


TriOmegaZero wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Idk. You can work at something and still enjoy it. I work at gardening, exercising, meditating. Work for me does not have a negative connotation

I think people make the mistake of thinking effort is bad.

That's all work really is, effort. And it's required to be good at something, be it a job or a hobby.

True. And as in all things, what you put in is what you get out


I hope your test goes well, Patrick.

And hooray for speech recognition software! The stuff is awesome.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Treppa wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

I don't think I will ever understand the US Health care system. Here in Canada I crushed my thumb and paid...nothing. Not one red cent.

I went to the ER, was processed, had an X-ray, got a splint, got an appointment with a specialist who helped set it, got follow up appointments, and out. All paid for with less taxpayer money per person being spent than in the US. WTF?!?!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Trust me, the US healthcare system isn't supposed to be understood.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Feros wrote:
I don't think I will ever understand the US Health care system.

Here's a brief rundown.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

....

Treppa is going to lose a finger, isn't she?


Eh, probably.

But, I can rebuild her, with science!. And LSD


5 people marked this as a favorite.

I say we call her FullMetal Treppa! Just keep your transmutations to yourself.

P.S. - Damn! I am sorry to hear that. Get well soon. Or just look at becoming a cyborg.


WHAAAA!!! I can't pass the Turing Test!

Spoiler:
Look at around the 20:40 mark to understand.


Off to my 16-hour shift

Positive news: my annoying tooth detached and exited my jaw with no fuss. Didn't even bleed. I may look like a hillbilly now, but at least it's not dangling out of my jaw bumping into everything.

Negative news: what I thought was bad allergies seems to be stiffening up into a full-blown cold. Not the happiest thing with two 16-hour shifts staring me in the puss...


3 people marked this as a favorite.

On today's edition of incredibly lame jokes:
A Higgs Boson walks into a church. "We don't allow Higgs Bosons in here," shouts the priest, to which the Higgs Boson replies, "but Father, without me, how can you have Mass?"

Werner Heisenberg is out for a drive when he's stopped by a traffic cop. "Do you know how fast you were going?" asks the officer. "No, but I know where I am," replies Heisenberg.

A dangling modifier walks into a bar. After finishing a drink, the bartender asks it to leave.


/sad trombone


Patrolling the parking lot again. Such fun


It will be nice when I am done with these 16-hour shifts. I'm kinda tired of them.

2,851 to 2,900 of 19,931 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards