The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

2,801 to 2,850 of 19,931 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Treppa wrote:
Dude, that's sick.

I'm not sure why myself, it just kinda did. Maybe because of my own tooth extraction process? Was it predicting the future for me?


Clothes inside out.

Will Kris Kross make a comeback?


Stranger things have happened


Treppa wrote:

C4 fixes everything.

My extraction. I thought that was a great pic considering the circumstances.

C4... Yes, yes it does fix stuff, if blowing it to little pieces is fixing it. Sounds a little overkill for tooth extraction.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Treppa wrote:

Yeah, but I have this monster and it's either restrain him or put him down. If I see the other dog first, I can stop him from blowing up, but if I don't, he goes out of control.

Plus I don't know what to do with the finger. I pulled it mostly straight, but it's still bent off to the side some. Not incurring ER expense for a finger, but uncertain about urgent care in the morning.

Ouch, that sucks. I'd still see if I could afford the cost, though. Losing the use of a finger even for a bit really makes you appreciate how useful they are.


My finger is shattered. See, I'm not a hypochondriac!


Aranna wrote:
Treppa wrote:

C4 fixes everything.

My extraction. I thought that was a great pic considering the circumstances.

C4... Yes, yes it does fix stuff, if blowing it to little pieces is fixing it. Sounds a little overkill for tooth extraction.

I'm with Jaime from Mythbusters on the use of C4... ;)


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Treppa wrote:
My finger is shattered. See, I'm not a hypochondriac!

That's... something, at least?

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Treppa wrote:
My finger is shattered. See, I'm not a hypochondriac!

I'm almost 96.5% sure it won't begin to rot and fall off.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Treppa wrote:

Half Lab, Half Shep. Adopted at 18 mos. About 80 lbs.

I am with Patrick: no more big dogs for me.

I had the same mutt combo when I was growing up, although she wasn't as big. She was, however, a complete moron and always got into trouble.


Callous Jack wrote:
Treppa wrote:

Half Lab, Half Shep. Adopted at 18 mos. About 80 lbs.

I am with Patrick: no more big dogs for me.

I had the same mutt combo when I was growing up, although she wasn't as big. She was, however, a complete moron and always got into trouble.

That sounds familiar!


Boston Terriers. Cute, small, spunky, and smart


Treppa wrote:
My finger is shattered. See, I'm not a hypochondriac!

Boo!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, that's a c-note earned. Yay!


*sigh*

No matter how I love GOG, their client's updater is crap...


Or maybe this is an issue with Pillars Of Eternity patch files...


Another beautiful day! I'm pumped to go make some money.


Treppa wrote:
Man up and get the pliers.

I had actually considered this, but the possibility of a mouth infection scares me. Less so the pain. Pain is just a sensation. A mouth infection can have disastrous long-reaching effects.

Silver Crusade

Patrick Curtin wrote:

Yeah in your case is go with the restraining collar. It's better than having to put him down.

I sympathize. In the early part of my marriage my ex had a German Shepherd. Lovely dog, but very hard to handle (she was a rescue, and had socialization issues). Then we had a 130 lb Golden, who would love everyone to death. I never had to worry about him hurting someone, but I always worried he'd get so excited he'd bowl someone over with his mass. And he was a puller.

I hope you get the finger straightened out. I know the pain of insufficient health coverage. I have a tooth dangling from my jaw at the moment that I'm going to have to pay to remove. I don't know which is more painful :/

I see what you did there.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I hope your finger has a swift recovery, Janet. Don't let it go - we use our hands for everything.

Silver Crusade

One 14-hour day coming up!

Yay for salaried employment?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Man up and get the pliers.
I had actually considered this, but the possibility of a mouth infection scares me. Less so the pain. Pain is just a sensation. A mouth infection can have disastrous long-reaching effects.

So... That wisdom tooth that broke 10 years ago... You're saying I should finally suck it up and have the rest ripped out? Because I've been putting that off for... 10 years.


Celestial Healer wrote:
I hope your finger has a swift recovery, Janet. Don't let it go - we use our hands for everything.

Thank you. We use them for things like typing and playing flute. Which is why I'm shelling out $250 this morning for a single consultation with a hand specialist Friday. They don't take my insurance. But I want very specific directions to optimize the odds of full use.

In good news, I think I can tie laces today, so I don't have to wear flip-flops.


Celestial Healer wrote:

One 14-hour day coming up!

Yay for salaried employment?

I guess it all depends on the salary.

I learned a harsh lesson about 'manager' positions in the retail business. 'Low-paid Slaves' is a more accurate moniker. I'll take my hourly rate right now. Hopefully when I flip back to salary it will be more remunerative


Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Man up and get the pliers.
I had actually considered this, but the possibility of a mouth infection scares me. Less so the pain. Pain is just a sensation. A mouth infection can have disastrous long-reaching effects.
So... That wisdom tooth that broke 10 years ago... You're saying I should finally suck it up and have the rest ripped out? Because I've been putting that off for... 10 years.

yes you should. I dealt with my tooth for as long as I could, and then the lack of sleep from searing agony started to cramp my style.

Silver Crusade

Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Man up and get the pliers.
I had actually considered this, but the possibility of a mouth infection scares me. Less so the pain. Pain is just a sensation. A mouth infection can have disastrous long-reaching effects.
So... That wisdom tooth that broke 10 years ago... You're saying I should finally suck it up and have the rest ripped out? Because I've been putting that off for... 10 years.
yes you should. I dealt with my tooth for as long as I could, and then the lack of sleep from searing agony started to cramp my style.

It doesn't hurt. At all. I think the roots are dead.

But you're right of course.

Silver Crusade

Patrick Curtin wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

One 14-hour day coming up!

Yay for salaried employment?

I guess it all depends on the salary.

I learned a harsh lesson about 'manager' positions in the retail business. 'Low-paid Slaves' is a more accurate moniker. I'll take my hourly rate right now. Hopefully when I flip back to salary it will be more remunerative

In general I have no complaints, and I like the flexibility. Just wondering how I am going to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed all through the day and evening. I'm going to say right off the bat that cocaine is not an option.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That scotches my idea.


PC gamer's nightmare.

Silver Crusade

Treppa wrote:
PC gamer's nightmare.

Ugh.

I was ready to celebrate when I could manipulate the Playstation controller for the first time after my hand injury last year.


How has your hand recovered? Is it good as new?

I'm afraid to try the Xbox controller for fear I can't manage it.

Silver Crusade

Treppa wrote:

How has your hand recovered? Is it good as new?

I'm afraid to try the Xbox controller for fear I can't manage it.

It's fully functional. There is still scar tissue adhering to the extensor indices tendon, but I have full range of motion. It can be uncomfortable at times, including large or awkward reaches on the piano (really, Schumann? That's uncomfortable with a healthy hand!), but nothing debilitating.


Treppa wrote:
PC gamer's nightmare.

Your trying to make me ill right...

I was that girl who nearly passed out in biology class when we were learning about blood types and had to lance our own finger. Being a medical doctor was clearly not in my future.

Scarab Sages

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Just wondering how I am going to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed all through the day and evening.

My suggestion would be....

Celestial Healer wrote:
I'm going to say right off the bat that cocaine is not an option.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

One 14-hour day coming up!

Yay for salaried employment?

I guess it all depends on the salary.

I learned a harsh lesson about 'manager' positions in the retail business. 'Low-paid Slaves' is a more accurate moniker. I'll take my hourly rate right now. Hopefully when I flip back to salary it will be more remunerative

In general I have no complaints, and I like the flexibility. Just wondering how I am going to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed all through the day and evening.

opens mouth

Quote:
I'm going to say right off the bat that cocaine is not an option.

closes mouth


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Treppa wrote:
PC gamer's nightmare.

Ugh.

I was ready to celebrate when I could manipulate the Playstation controller for the first time after my hand injury last year.

didn't we drink to celebrate that?


Aranna wrote:
Treppa wrote:
PC gamer's nightmare.

Your trying to make me ill right...

I was that girl who nearly passed out in biology class when we were learning about blood types and had to lance our own finger. Being a medical doctor was clearly not in my future.

THAT IS SO COOL HOW COME WE COULDN'T DO THAT IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!

Silver Crusade

Aranna wrote:
Treppa wrote:
PC gamer's nightmare.

Your trying to make me ill right...

I was that girl who nearly passed out in biology class when we were learning about blood types and had to lance our own finger. Being a medical doctor was clearly not in my future.

We didn't do that in my class, but I'd have been right beside you. Hate needles, always have.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Found out today you're supposed to urinate on a jellyfish sting, not a jelly stain. Sorry lady at work....just trying to help.


Treppa wrote:
PC gamer's nightmare.

Ugh, that must have really hurt. I'm glad you got it splinted (I assume you got in to your doc specialist). Hope it doesn't hurt too badly.


Freehold DM wrote:
Aranna wrote:

I was that girl who nearly passed out in biology class when we were learning about blood types and had to lance our own finger.

THAT IS SO COOL HOW COME WE COULDN'T DO THAT IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!

We didn't do that either, but we did sometimes have contests to see how many times we could staple ourselves with a stapler. Unsanctioned, of course. I usually won.


Another day. Another c-note I love pickup landscaping...


Treppa wrote:
PC gamer's nightmare.

Ouch! Feel better!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Had my Kickstartered CoC books awaiting me at home. So awesome.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
We didn't do that either, but we did sometimes have contests to see how many times we could staple ourselves with a stapler. Unsanctioned, of course. I usually won.

{writes in David as "Swingline the Red" in Mystery Men II script}

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Treppa wrote:
PC gamer's nightmare.

Ugh.

I was ready to celebrate when I could manipulate the Playstation controller for the first time after my hand injury last year.

didn't we drink to celebrate that?

Probably.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Minis Maniac wrote:
Found out today you're supposed to urinate on a jellyfish sting, not a jelly stain. Sorry lady at work....just trying to help.

Did it help the stain at all?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I hear bat feces has many, many uses. Maybe stain removal is one of them.


Prediction:
"Jersey finger" class III: avulsed fracture of flexor tendon. Treatment: immediate surgery.
We'll find out Friday morning.


David M Mallon wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aranna wrote:

I was that girl who nearly passed out in biology class when we were learning about blood types and had to lance our own finger.

THAT IS SO COOL HOW COME WE COULDN'T DO THAT IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!
We didn't do that either, but we did sometimes have contests to see how many times we could staple ourselves with a stapler. Unsanctioned, of course. I usually won.

That is... Horrible. Why would you torture yourselves like that!?

I don't even have pierced ears. Not because I don't want them but rather because I would probably pass out and ruin them.

2,801 to 2,850 of 19,931 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards