The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

2,751 to 2,800 of 19,931 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Freehold DM wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:

On an interesting note,

I got multiple texts from 3 people telling to come across the street asap.
I go over, and I get handed an audition form.

Turns out they are preparing to do a 'Workshop production' for a musical here, bringing in producers, etc from New York to help build it and watch it.

Heres the great part, not only does it actually fit my busy schedule, it is a PAID gig, and is possible (not likely, but possible) to get picked up and actually go do off-broadway or a tour with the show!

So,... I think I did OK for going in cold and unprepared.

Speaking of 'Positive thinking makes things happen!' :)

Well, that's some good news! Glad to hear things are going well for you, Rags.

Thenk yew sir.

Not a guaranteed thing by any means, But it is encouraging that 3 people involved told me I needed to audition. :)


What was the audition for?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
It's not easy living in a small town if you're different. :-)

I understand that completely. I am living in small town England. And being a gay married man from England I don't exactly blend in. But everyone is super nice to me.


Back at the parking lot guarding.

Hard to believe I've been gone since Monday. Good news is I should have some money coming in soon. I spent an awful lot getting supplies today.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Terribly late project finished. It's the first time I haven't met the deadline (though with the publisher's knowledge) and made it quite big... *sigh*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I went to a miniconvention that was taking place today (i.e. Saturday - day is not over until I go to bed). Even as I went there I felt my introvert charge build up... I sit there for a while (I came for the last two hours and afterparty really). I spend an hour at the afterparty in pub and went back home... Meh. Too much noise, too many people, not enough interesting people to keep me there.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I will socialize enough on a BBQ organized by my friends next Saturday. Annoyingly faraway but there will be some transportation available part of the way there and back.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
What was the audition for?

For a New musical called "Jambalaya". From what little I know, it is supposed to be a musical comedy about the older and newer generations of cajuns sort of vying for the title of 'Real Cajun'. :)

Basically, this will be the 'show-building, will it work as a Broadway show?' workshop and performance. If cast, we work on it for a month straight, and do the show. They bring in producers and say 'Hey look at our cool new show!' and hope the producers think it will make it big and pick it up.

Long shot for me, but it sounded fun, and I was looking for a show to do this summer-ish.
According to the people I know that invited me (IE-Texted me to come over immediately and didn't tell me why till I got there) I made a good impression on the lady who will be directing the show. So,...

Hopeful/wishful thinking FTW! :D


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Back at the parking lot guarding.

Hard to believe I've been gone since Monday. Good news is I should have some money coming in soon. I spent an awful lot getting supplies today.

Pesky Parking Lots aren't gonna guard themselves!

Silly blacktop, always trying to up and leave the minute no one is watching,...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Break a leg.

Hot toddy time.


Ragadolf wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Back at the parking lot guarding.

Hard to believe I've been gone since Monday. Good news is I should have some money coming in soon. I spent an awful lot getting supplies today.

Pesky Parking Lots aren't gonna guard themselves!

Silly blacktop, always trying to up and leave the minute no one is watching,...

Quis custodiet ipsos bituminis?


I really pushed the exercise envelope hard today/yesterday/eight hours or so ago. Feeling sore and tired.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Minis Maniac wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
It's not easy living in a small town if you're different. :-)
I understand that completely. I am living in small town England. And being a gay married man from England I don't exactly blend in. But everyone is super nice to me.

Edit: I am a canadian in England ugh typing way to fast these days.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Phew! Long day. Or long four hours since I got up, lol

Starting my PbP reboots
Finishing pulled pork ($5 mangers special, woot!)
Readying my kombucha for a decanting. 4 wats of sugared green tea ready for bacterial colonization!
Studying game


*quarts. That should be quarts


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Dhunbarr The Gentle: A friendly aquatic planar giant.


Awesome NPC Drejk. I like this whole planar menagerie you are doing


Sadly I have to go to Boston tomorrow morning and return my textbooks. Four hours commuting to drop off texts. Sigh


3 people marked this as a favorite.

hi everyone,

hope you are all well

our weekend trip was fun, we only lost 22€ at the Casino and had agood time, boy had a blast at my mums house


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Yay.


Ah, a lovely day in Boston. The sun is finally shining and the air is full of promise (and Carbon Monoxide)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Final line of a customer service email I received today:

"For any further quert revert.

--"

I feel so old. Can't even understand the lingo nowadays.


Phew! Cattle car today!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:

Final line of a customer service email I received today:

"For any further quert revert.

--"

I feel so old. Can't even understand the lingo nowadays.

You're just not feeling on fleek. It happens..

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Treppa wrote:

Final line of a customer service email I received today:

"For any further quert revert.

--"

I feel so old. Can't even understand the lingo nowadays.

You're just not feeling on fleek. It happens..

Schway.


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Treppa wrote:

Final line of a customer service email I received today:

"For any further quert revert.

--"

I feel so old. Can't even understand the lingo nowadays.

You're just not feeling on fleek. It happens..

Given that I also don't know the meaning of either word means age isn't necessarily a factor here.


David M Mallon wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Treppa wrote:

Final line of a customer service email I received today:

"For any further quert revert.

--"

I feel so old. Can't even understand the lingo nowadays.

You're just not feeling on fleek. It happens..
Given that I also don't know the meaning of either word means age isn't necessarily a factor here.

I merely know 'fleek' because I enjoy its totally ridiculous sound

Fleek

Personally I prefer its synonym 'on point', but that's just the reactionary in me.


Damned dog broke my finger. I don't know what to do with him.


That sucks :(. Was it intentional or accidental?


Scanning the mashed and pressed remains of the dinosaurs again. Good times. Good times


I found a nickel !


Patrick Curtin wrote:
That sucks :(. Was it intentional or accidental?

His usual "kill the other dog" charge reaction while I was juggling the leash. Snapped the fingertip right over.

I don't know what to do with him. I brought the muzzle, but couldn't get it on him with a nonfunctional hand. Maybe one of those pinch collars?


Well, I would go with the pinch collar if he is having that bad of a reaction. I don't like things that choke, but if the pooch is that reactive you need to go to radical solutions. You don't want to get into a situation where an actual dogfight breaks out. You should possible also get one of those warning harnesses that announce 'no dogs' on it, to keep people from approaching with another dog.

I will never own a large dog again. One of mine is very reactive towards strange dogs, but at 35 pounds I can restrain him with little effort.


Yeah, but I have this monster and it's either restrain him or put him down. If I see the other dog first, I can stop him from blowing up, but if I don't, he goes out of control.

Plus I don't know what to do with the finger. I pulled it mostly straight, but it's still bent off to the side some. Not incurring ER expense for a finger, but uncertain about urgent care in the morning.


3-6 weeks of splinting and 12-18 months of recovery? This is my W and S finger! All I can do is move left and right! D: Son of a --!


Yeah in your case is go with the restraining collar. It's better than having to put him down.

I sympathize. In the early part of my marriage my ex had a German Shepherd. Lovely dog, but very hard to handle (she was a rescue, and had socialization issues). Then we had a 130 lb Golden, who would love everyone to death. I never had to worry about him hurting someone, but I always worried he'd get so excited he'd bowl someone over with his mass. And he was a puller.

I hope you get the finger straightened out. I know the pain of insufficient health coverage. I have a tooth dangling from my jaw at the moment that I'm going to have to pay to remove. I don't know which is more painful :/


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Look for a dental school. They do work for about half price. Students do the work but are closely watched by faculty. My extraction was $60 or so.


Bad dog! Dont hurt Treppa!


Patrick Curtin wrote:

Yeah in your case is go with the restraining collar. It's better than having to put him down.

I sympathize. In the early part of my marriage my ex had a German Shepherd. Lovely dog, but very hard to handle (she was a rescue, and had socialization issues). Then we had a 130 lb Golden, who would love everyone to death. I never had to worry about him hurting someone, but I always worried he'd get so excited he'd bowl someone over with his mass. And he was a puller.

I hope you get the finger straightened out. I know the pain of insufficient health coverage. I have a tooth dangling from my jaw at the moment that I'm going to have to pay to remove. I don't know which is more painful :/

after my own tooth experience last year I understand. Hopefully it falls out naturally and you're able to go for a look at the remains of the tooth, if not...go for a gentle dentist. I must disagree with treppa and instead say to go for an expert. A gentle dentist is the best dentist and sometimes you have to pay a little more for that.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Treppa wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
That sucks :(. Was it intentional or accidental?

His usual "kill the other dog" charge reaction while I was juggling the leash. Snapped the fingertip right over.

I don't know what to do with him. I brought the muzzle, but couldn't get it on him with a nonfunctional hand. Maybe one of those pinch collars?

What kind of dog do you have?


Callous Jack wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
That sucks :(. Was it intentional or accidental?

His usual "kill the other dog" charge reaction while I was juggling the leash. Snapped the fingertip right over.

I don't know what to do with him. I brought the muzzle, but couldn't get it on him with a nonfunctional hand. Maybe one of those pinch collars?

What kind of dog do you have?

Half Lab, Half Shep. Adopted at 18 mos. About 80 lbs.

I am with Patrick: no more big dogs for me.


Freehold DM wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Yeah in your case is go with the restraining collar. It's better than having to put him down.

I sympathize. In the early part of my marriage my ex had a German Shepherd. Lovely dog, but very hard to handle (she was a rescue, and had socialization issues). Then we had a 130 lb Golden, who would love everyone to death. I never had to worry about him hurting someone, but I always worried he'd get so excited he'd bowl someone over with his mass. And he was a puller.

I hope you get the finger straightened out. I know the pain of insufficient health coverage. I have a tooth dangling from my jaw at the moment that I'm going to have to pay to remove. I don't know which is more painful :/

after my own tooth experience last year I understand. Hopefully it falls out naturally and you're able to go for a look at the remains of the tooth, if not...go for a gentle dentist. I must disagree with treppa and instead say to go for an expert. A gentle dentist is the best dentist and sometimes you have to pay a little more for that.

Nah, extraction isn't gentle by nature. Just be sure they numb it well, then tune out.

Shadow Lodge

Gotta second Treppa. There's no such thing as a "gentle" tooth removal. There's just the ones you can hit with local anesthetic and/or gas (I personally can't take the gas, but if it works for you do it) and the ones that require full sedation for surgery.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Man up and get the pliers.


I can't see pliers working for adult teeth... maybe for rootless baby teeth.


I thought baby teeth were string and doorknob.


Same concept different application.


C4 fixes everything.

My extraction. I thought that was a great pic considering the circumstances.


Treppa wrote:

C4 fixes everything.

My extraction. I thought that was a great pic considering the circumstances.

I remember. I think my phone saved those pics somehow.


Dude, that's sick.

2,751 to 2,800 of 19,931 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards