The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

19,601 to 19,650 of 19,931 << first < prev | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | next > last >>

Not having the greatest day. Pain levels in my back are elevated again and it's causing my depression and anxiety to spike. The good thing about today is we're back on the "normal time schedule" instead of Daylight Savings. It will get darker sooner which makes me very happy.


Kaikesi asura, a divine seductress giving birth to fiends and demigods...


I'm sorry for your back pain, Cal. :(


My language, so beautiful :P


Drejk wrote:
Kaikesi asura, a divine seductress giving birth to fiends and demigods...

Very interesting!


Drejk wrote:
My language, so beautiful :P

Good gads, man! I can't even pronounce them with the help of the sound bite! What sort of devil language is this? :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

There's a Polish bridge player whose last name is Pszczoła, or something very close to it. He's known as "Pepsi". :-)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
Drejk wrote:
My language, so beautiful :P
Good gads, man! I can't even pronounce them with the help of the sound bite! What sort of devil language is this? :)

The one that isn't the deep ones burbling that is English.


Ed Reppert wrote:
There's a Polish bridge player whose last name is Pszczoła, or something very close to it. He's known as "Pepsi". :-)

That literally means 'bee'. It shouldn't be that hard to pronounce: [pshchowa].


Drejk wrote:
Ed Reppert wrote:
There's a Polish bridge player whose last name is Pszczoła, or something very close to it. He's known as "Pepsi". :-)
That literally means 'bee'. It shouldn't be that hard to pronounce: [pshchowa].

I first tried to say it as "Pensacola"

:P


So Mom and I took our newest addition, Rory, to the vet to see how he's doing and get his next round of shots. (Plus a few other things.) I can honestly say I'm glad he's getting bigger because when you have a 50+ lb German Shepard/Border Collie mix, you want a dog that can stand up to him. Which Rory does even at only at (at last weigh in) 25-26 lb.

Mostly I want to rave about my GM who I KNEW would be prepared for us players to make a move on the slave pen in Skirgaard, for Giantslayer Part 4. We STILL haven't really gotten into the village, but now at least (with only ONE NPC death and some near misses) we're getting closer to HOPEFULLY getting further in. We'll see. I do know that I HATE Thremindyrs. While not on the same scale of hate as say, invisible stalkers, these guys are definitely NOT my favorite to fight in a cold weather environment, especially if you have magical cold protections.

Plus they killed an NPC! :PPP So yeah. It's been interesting.


Good night, Fortsters! The void is calling.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Wow, last night I got out an old DVD; Ultraviolet (the British tv series) and I was reminded it is one of the best TV series ever. And I discovered it has a young Idris Elba in it!

Of course it is very 90's (or 2000ish), but so good.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Good morning all from the subterranean bowels of America’s Capital!


Good morning!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Good morning all from the subterranean bowels of America’s Capital!

Bowels?!?!?

MONKEYS BEEN EATEN! Get a medic! YOU SPIT OUT THAT MONKEY RIGHT NOW MR CAPITOL! OR NO DESSERT FOR YOU!

;P


2 people marked this as a favorite.

But how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your monkey?


Hi, everyone!


Hey! How're you today?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
But how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your monkey?

Ooooo, curse you, Power Puff Pinky Floyd!


DungeonmasterCal wrote:
Hey! How're you today?

Doing okay. You?


I'm doing well. Just waiting to hear the results of a blood test. The back pain is centered exactly where my left kidney sits so my doctor wanted to take a look at that.


Good luck. Let us know, one way or the other. Okay?


Will do!


*twiddles away the night waiting on US elections results*


Not interested:
When it comes to politics, I'm an apathetic pessimist. I've seen too many broken promises and outright lies to have much faith in politicians.


Please steer away to other topics.

Good morning all. Another lovely day in DC. Ot’s not Raining at least


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It's windy and cold as the tundra freezes for the next six months.


Patrick Curtin wrote:

Please steer away to other topics.

Good morning all. Another lovely day in DC. It’s not Raining at least

Oooo, That's because the rain is all over HERE. >_<

Please, take it back.

Go ahead, I don't mind.

Please?
;P

Seriously, this whole, 'South Lousy-anna trying to be Fall and failing miserably' thing is playing merry havoc with my sinuses.

I can no longer tell if the pain in my upper jaw/sinuses is caused by me grinding my teeth, or causing me TO grind my teeth. :P


captain yesterday wrote:
It's windy and cold as the tundra freezes for the next six months.

WHAT?!?

When did you move to Alaska?!? ;P

I thought you were stuck down here with me in "We-might-get-a-flurry-IF-we're-lucky-by-January" land. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Good luck. Let us know, one way or the other. Okay?

The lab tests came back with good results. No problems at all with the kidneys or liver. Just further cements my belief that this med I'm on is the culprit.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ragadolf wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
It's windy and cold as the tundra freezes for the next six months.

WHAT?!?

When did you move to Alaska?!? ;P

I thought you were stuck down here with me in "We-might-get-a-flurry-IF-we're-lucky-by-January" land. ;)

We live in Madison, Wisconsin.

Not quite Alaska, but close enough.


Our night time temps are forecast to fall below freezing starting Thursday night. That's early to be that cold here, but I welcome it. I'm not a summer person at all.


Some times I WISH my place was home to below freezing temperatures. Then I wouldn't have to rake all the damn leaves after Thanksgiving...

Also, it REALLY sucks when your brother goes on sabbatical for his research for his dissertation, leaves you his car (which was Mom's car before) and you're still not getting it until he feels like getting a new car, even if Mom did say she was going help him get a new one...


captain yesterday wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
It's windy and cold as the tundra freezes for the next six months.

WHAT?!?

When did you move to Alaska?!? ;P

I thought you were stuck down here with me in "We-might-get-a-flurry-IF-we're-lucky-by-January" land. ;)

We live in Madison, Wisconsin.

Not quite Alaska, but close enough.

Yep, Thats nippy compared to down here. :/

My Mother hates the cold, she wants to retire to a tropical beach somewhere.

My WIFE, who is from 'down south' here, hates the cold. (Although she complains about the heat as much as I do!) :P


DungeonmasterCal wrote:
Our night time temps are forecast to fall below freezing starting Thursday night. That's early to be that cold here, but I welcome it. I'm not a summer person at all.

I like it when itgets 'cold' down south here. for a couple of reasons.

1- I get to wear my 'Tom Baker-Dr Who' coat and scarf. :)

2- I get to STOP MOWING THE FRIKKIN LAWN.

Seriously, it will grow year-round here sometimes. Do you have ANY idea how flippin' ridiculous I feel mowing the yard at CHRISTMASTIME?!?!?
(Usually in shorts and a t-shirt, because 'cold' to these yahoos is NOT cold to me). ;P


I can just imagine... lol


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Good luck. Let us know, one way or the other. Okay?
The lab tests came back with good results. No problems at all with the kidneys or liver. Just further cements my belief that this med I'm on is the culprit.

Great news to hear, Cal. The pain being near the Kidneys had be worried.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ragadolf wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
It's windy and cold as the tundra freezes for the next six months.

WHAT?!?

When did you move to Alaska?!? ;P

I thought you were stuck down here with me in "We-might-get-a-flurry-IF-we're-lucky-by-January" land. ;)

We live in Madison, Wisconsin.

Not quite Alaska, but close enough.

Yep, Thats nippy compared to down here. :/

My Mother hates the cold, she wants to retire to a tropical beach somewhere.

My WIFE, who is from 'down south' here, hates the cold. (Although she complains about the heat as much as I do!) :P

I don't mind it so much I just wish it wouldn't last so damn long or at least have some intermittent breaks.

Incidentally we're expecting our first measurable snow of the season tonight into tomorrow.


John Napier 698 wrote:


The lab tests came back with good results. No problems at all with the kidneys or liver. Just further cements my belief that this med I'm on is the culprit.
Great news to hear, Cal. The pain being near the Kidneys had be worried.

I was a little concerned, too. And today has been the most pain-free I've been in months. It just further convinces me that the Lyrica was the culprit.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's a JØrn covering Dio kinda night.

"Sacred Heart" -- JØrn Lande.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

I don't mind it (the cold) so much I just wish it wouldn't last so damn long or at least have some intermittent breaks.

Incidentally we're expecting our first measurable snow of the season tonight into tomorrow.

Hah, sounds like how I feel about the heat and humidity! :P

Having been raised 'down south', my kids get all excited at the mere MENTION of the POSSIBILITY of a snowflake. ;) Enjoy!

My mom was cranky with me a couple of weeks ago, because they (Oklahoma) dropped down to below freezing already, and my wife was 'complaining' about how cold it was down here. All the way down to 60F.
;P


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm good with the heat too, I like to think I'm an all weather captain.

Although if I had to pick one over the other I prefer the heat.

Silver Crusade

Afternoon, all. What did I miss?

Silver Crusade

5 people marked this as a favorite.

Slightly tipsy text messages to Freehold this week:

“I’m cheating on you”
“By eating poutine”
“But it’s by myself, so it’s more like masturbation”

He was amused.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Bufonal Agathion, a toad agathion.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:

Slightly tipsy text messages to Freehold this week:

“I’m cheating on you”
“By eating poutine”
“But it’s by myself, so it’s more like masturbation”

He was amused.

Air Canada announced they were setting up a temporary pop-up poutine stand set up in DuPont Circle to benefit a charity. I’m sorely tempted to masturbate the hell out of it.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Masturbation for Charity. I could see it becoming a big thing, for a while.


O_o

The previous messages were brought to you by;

"If this is wrong, I don't want to be right!" Purveyors of fine poutine everywhere!

;P

PS- I'll have to enjoy the poutine vicariously through you guys, as my no-carb diet will only be broken by Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. And poutine is not, currently, on the menus,... :)

Silver Crusade

Patrick Curtin wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

Slightly tipsy text messages to Freehold this week:

“I’m cheating on you”
“By eating poutine”
“But it’s by myself, so it’s more like masturbation”

He was amused.

Air Canada announced they were setting up a temporary pop-up poutine stand set up in DuPont Circle to benefit a charity. I’m sorely tempted to masturbate the hell out of it.

Well-played...

19,601 to 19,650 of 19,931 << first < prev | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards