The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

19,451 to 19,500 of 19,931 << first < prev | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I’m sure her bravery will grow. She is house Stark after all


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:

The kitten Arya encountered a cricket in the living room, caught it, and ate it. I’ve never been such a proud papa.

However, her bravery has its limits. She was paralyzed with fear when she beheld the agitating action of the front-loader washing machine. I had to carry her out of the basement.

She wasn't paralyzed with fear.

She was MESMERIZED by the hypnotic action of the kitty-calming-induction-device! ;)

You have made the discovery of our feline overlords ONE weakness! The human race is saved! ;P


Celestial Healer wrote:

The kitten Arya encountered a cricket in the living room, caught it, and ate it. I’ve never been such a proud papa.

However, her bravery has its limits. She was paralyzed with fear when she beheld the agitating action of the front-loader washing machine. I had to carry her out of the basement.

Poor little kitty. :(


Hi, everyone.


'ello


'Sup, Drejk?


Good, Fortsters. How are all the things?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Doing well, so far.


Good!


As much as I love Star Wars The Clone Wars, some of the tactics and strategies make me wince inside.


Are you talking about the movie or the series?


DungeonmasterCal wrote:
Are you talking about the movie or the series?

The animated series.


If it's the one that with the computer generated ones and not the cartoons I agree, but overall I enjoyed it so much that I've put off asking for the Blu Ray collection until the 12 new episodes are added sometime next year.


DungeonmasterCal wrote:
If it's the one that with the computer generated ones and not the cartoons I agree, but overall I enjoyed it so much that I've put off asking for the Blu Ray collection until the 12 new episodes are added sometime next year.

I am talking about the cartoon. I love the series, but during my second time watching it I now see some of the tactical and strategic flaws. An amazing series even with that issue.


I have the collection on DVD but have never watched it. A friend was cleaning out his DVD collection and gave it to me.


Has anyone seen Tacticslion recently?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Tac is on Discord. Tomorrow I'll tell him that you've been asking about him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
I have the collection on DVD but have never watched it. A friend was cleaning out his DVD collection and gave it to me.

It is an awesome series and well worth a watch.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ragadolf wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

The kitten Arya encountered a cricket in the living room, caught it, and ate it. I’ve never been such a proud papa.

However, her bravery has its limits. She was paralyzed with fear when she beheld the agitating action of the front-loader washing machine. I had to carry her out of the basement.

She wasn't paralyzed with fear.

She was MESMERIZED by the hypnotic action of the kitty-calming-induction-device! ;)

You have made the discovery of our feline overlords ONE weakness! The human race is saved! ;P

I don’t know about that. All of her fur was standing straight up and she was frozen in the back-arching pose you see in Halloween decorations.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

The kitten Arya encountered a cricket in the living room, caught it, and ate it. I’ve never been such a proud papa.

However, her bravery has its limits. She was paralyzed with fear when she beheld the agitating action of the front-loader washing machine. I had to carry her out of the basement.

She wasn't paralyzed with fear.

She was MESMERIZED by the hypnotic action of the kitty-calming-induction-device! ;)

You have made the discovery of our feline overlords ONE weakness! The human race is saved! ;P

I don’t know about that. All of her fur was standing straight up and she was frozen in the back-arching pose you see in Halloween decorations.

Hmm,... keep an eye on the washing machine. If it suffers from 'unexpected' or 'unexplainable' malfunctions, it'll be due to the lil kittens' revenge! :)

(J/K, she's alright, right?) :)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ragadolf wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

The kitten Arya encountered a cricket in the living room, caught it, and ate it. I’ve never been such a proud papa.

However, her bravery has its limits. She was paralyzed with fear when she beheld the agitating action of the front-loader washing machine. I had to carry her out of the basement.

She wasn't paralyzed with fear.

She was MESMERIZED by the hypnotic action of the kitty-calming-induction-device! ;)

You have made the discovery of our feline overlords ONE weakness! The human race is saved! ;P

I don’t know about that. All of her fur was standing straight up and she was frozen in the back-arching pose you see in Halloween decorations.

Hmm,... keep an eye on the washing machine. If it suffers from 'unexpected' or 'unexplainable' malfunctions, it'll be due to the lil kittens' revenge! :)

(J/K, she's alright, right?) :)

I wouldn’t doubt it. Given how easily she claws through human skin, a water line for the washing machine should be an easy target.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

She claws at you only because she loves you. :D


3 people marked this as a favorite.

We always hurt the ones we love. And she loves you.


Happy Wednesday all

Another morning, another session on the Stairmaster

It is dark dark dark outside


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is dark here because it's cloudy!
Rain off and on, and a cold cold 61 degrees this morning. ;P

(My mother in OK is so mad at me, she got to 32 this week already) :)


Patrick Curtin wrote:

Happy Wednesday all

Another morning, another session on the Stairmaster

It is dark dark dark outside

Dark. Like my soul. In winter. At night.


Good morning, Fortsters! What is in the cards for you today? I will probably continue to ignore the pile of dirty laundry I made the other day.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
Good morning, Fortsters! What is in the cards for you today? I will probably continue to ignore the pile of dirty laundry I made the other day.

If the laundry pile gets big enough, the heat and pressure will sterilize the clothes at the bottom, thus rendering them fine for wear. SCIENCE!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

That...that's brilliant! (goes to look for other things to pile onto the heap).


Work.


Drawing this Busy week to a close


4 people marked this as a favorite.

It only gets busier...

Man, I was sitting in my car after work, looking out at Pike's Peak and thinking Alice in Chains is right... over... there... I could just drive down now and try to get a ticket for tonight. But I checked the distance and it was over an hour away, and cold, and I don't know anything about the arena, and I don't know if there are tickets... I came home.

stupid me.

EDIT: There are tickets available. I can't make it there now by showtime. Show starts in 45 minutes; it's a 2 hour drive.

DAMMIT

EDIT2: Wow, the new bigger is really bigger.


And on my end, my mom was admitted into the hospital again, but this time for a blood clot in her right lung. I am glad that they believe that they can fix it. They just want her there for observation and ease of treatment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh no! I certainly hope they can fix that!


The doctor thinks so and so do I. It got caught "early", so treatment is "easier". There is still a chance that something might go wrong, but I doubt it.


Best wishes for your mom Sharoth


Happy Friday all!

Its amazing the things you find with music services. One of my esoteric bands I thought only put one album out actually put out three! How good they are is a dice roll, but hey, new music! Yeah


Treppa, always go for the gusto. Life is too short not to go see AiC. I ate ramen for weeks when the Interpol tix in NYC showed up. But in February it’ll be so worth it.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

My mantra now is ‘Fun takes effort ‘. I used to have a bad attitude about putting in the effort to make things happen. Things were difficult, too far, I might not get in. Fnck that. Take the extra effort, spend the grocery money, take the thre-hour drive, take a chance a ticket comes up at the box office. Lots do.

Example: Sunday I’d like nothing better than be a slug on my couch the entire day. But, it’s a day I’ll never have back. Is being some sort of sessile creature going to do anything for me long run? So, I’ve made up my mind, I’m going to Amish country in PA. Maybe see some leaves. Kick around, buy a soft pretzel and a funnel cake. Six hours driving, but who cares? I’ll at least remember the weekend, rather than having a forgotten day. One of my limited days on this planet. We only get so many.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:

My mantra now is ‘Fun takes effort ‘. I used to have a bad attitude about putting in the effort to make things happen. Things were difficult, too far, I might not get in. Fnck that. Take the extra effort, spend the grocery money, take the thre-hour drive, take a chance a ticket comes up at the box office. Lots do.

Example: Sunday I’d like nothing better than be a slug on my couch the entire day. But, it’s a day I’ll never have back. Is being some sort of sessile creature going to do anything for me long run? So, I’ve made up my mind, I’m going to Amish country in PA. Maybe see some leaves. Kick around, buy a soft pretzel and a funnel cake. Six hours driving, but who cares? I’ll at least remember the weekend, rather than having a forgotten day. One of my limited days on this planet. We only get so many.

Thats an awesome attitude dude. :)

(I should probably try harder) ;P

I'm pulling out (whats left) of my hair trying to convince my 15 yr old son that not EVERYTHING can be delivered to you immediately and digitally. Sometimes even having fun takes a little time and (GASP!) effort of going out and doing something! :P

Not that his dad has been a great example lately. Too much time trying to catch up on recorded TV shows and playing Champions online. ;P

BUT I did get talked ointo auditioning/ accepting a part for "Its a Wonderful LIfe" (Darn my theater addicted daughter!) They gave me Clarence the angel. How can I say no? :P

So much for my easy, stress-free Fall,... ;)


Sharoth wrote:
And on my end, my mom was admitted into the hospital again, but this time for a blood clot in her right lung. I am glad that they believe that they can fix it. They just want her there for observation and ease of treatment.

Ack! I hope they take good care of her and she shakes it.

I'm probably going to have to go on blood thinners sometime to avoid clot formation, but I'm not pushing it. Both seem like bad choices. :(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Treppa, always go for the gusto. Life is too short not to go see AiC. I ate ramen for weeks when the Interpol tix in NYC showed up. But in February it’ll be so worth it.

It's not at all UNlike me to do something like that, so I was kind of wondering at my reluctance. Figured it out this morning.

1. Cold. I was already cold when the sun was up, and I had no coat. Once the sun goes down at these altitudes, the temp drops dramatically. Yuuugely. It's a serious thing.

2. Laptop. I had my work laptop (and only remaining computer) in the car. I don't even like to stop at the store with the laptop in the car, much less stop for hours at a concert in a strange town. My laptop IS my business and I can't afford a new one. I think that was my biggest concern. It's also been making funny grinding noises which worry me.

Quote:
Which led me into my next project: save up and find a new laptop that will run my biz without bloatware. Which means no cheap Dell, Lenovo, Acer box. The starting price for bloatware-free laptops I've found so far is $1,400. D:

Also, I was tired and ended up sleeping 10 straight hours, so no regrets.

Spoiler:
OK, maybe a few regrets, but nothing life-shattering.

Formatting is fun


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I've always just deleted /removed the bloatware. ;P

Of course, the BIGGEST 'bloatware' is Windows itself,...IMHO. ;P

Ah the things we suffer through to play online games,... :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, Cortana... ffft.

I also hate that they used that name. >_<


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Something, something, I hear somebody asked about me, something, blah, I'm sick, but fine, or whatever!

You rock, Cal!

Treppa wrote:

Yeah, Cortana... ffft.

I also hate that they used that name. >_<

"Hey, let's name our would-be-useful computer program/tool/search engine/fake-AI after a would-be-useful program/tool/search engine/AI that we created that went insane and murdered half of humanity! That'll show everyone that we're not the bad guys! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH~! We are the best at public interface! NEYAHAHAHAHAH~!"

(I mean, I'll admit, it is funny, but...)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I seem to somehow have disabled Cortana on my laptop. I don't know how to get her back. I'm good with that.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Cortana's insane by now, anyway.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Something, something, I hear somebody asked about me, something, blah, I'm sick, but fine, or whatever!

You rock, Cal!

Treppa wrote:

Yeah, Cortana... ffft.

I also hate that they used that name. >_<

"Hey, let's name our would-be-useful computer program/tool/search engine/fake-AI after a would-be-useful program/tool/search engine/AI that we created that went insane and murdered half of humanity! That'll show everyone that we're not the bad guys! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH~! We are the best at public interface! NEYAHAHAHAHAH~!"

(I mean, I'll admit, it is funny, but...)

Also, let's remind gamers (because nobody else will understand the reference) that we bought their favorite game company and now own the IP rights, which we'll turn to commercial use. AND we'll do it on machines that we've junked up with so much stuff as to make them almost unusable for gaming.

Yeaaahhhhh....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Something, something, I hear somebody asked about me, something, blah, I'm sick, but fine, or whatever!

You rock, Cal!

LOL Thanks, TL. Just missing seeing you out and about here. Don't forget about us over on Discord!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Diswhat?

19,451 to 19,500 of 19,931 << first < prev | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards