The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

19,351 to 19,400 of 19,931 << first < prev | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | next > last >>

Fifteen minutes left of cardio
Then we play Russian roulette with my back
And then some ab machine follies


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I better turn my clothes around


I like a big car
‘Cuz I’m a big star
I make the big rock and roll hits
I’d like to love you
But my heart is a sore
I am I am
I am so yours
~Marilyn Manson


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ten minutes of abs to go

Benching went off without a hitch. Thank the dark gods

Hard to believe I used to warm up with 225. Aging is a b&*!&.


Peach cobbler RULES! That is all.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

And now for something completely different.

Spoiler:
As most of you know, I have no problem sharing my personal life on this site, as the paizo messageboards are a home to me. However, my wife has been dealing with a rather personal health issue that she asked me to not share with anyone, and I have respected her decision. Unfortunately, while dealing with this health issue, we have fallen behind in rent. While I considered(and ultimately decided against) a gofundme when my bike was stolen, this is a far, far more serious issue(while I can spoon a bike while I sleep, I cannot live inside one) and I have to admit that I need help on this one. I don't know if I will meet the rather lofty goal, but even a fraction or halfway would help IMMENSELY. Here is a link to the gofundme.
This...isn't easy for me. But as stated before, this is a lot more important than a bike. And as an aside, you can share the link outside of this site with friends and family.


Freehold DM wrote:

And now for something completely different.

** spoiler omitted **

I get paid tomorrow, so you will get something from me then.


Sharoth wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

And now for something completely different.

** spoiler omitted **

I get paid tomorrow, so you will get something from me then.

I cannot thank you enough.


Freehold DM wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

And now for something completely different.

** spoiler omitted **

I get paid tomorrow, so you will get something from me then.
I cannot thank you enough.

I just wish it were more. Sadly, most of my extra money has been tapped out lately.


Freehold DM wrote:

And now for something completely different.

** spoiler omitted **

I don't get paid much, but I'll help out as much as I can.

Silver Crusade

6 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I've never worn a tux, not even to my own wedding.

I own one and wear it about 4 times a year, mostly for concerts where I am singing.

I took it to the tailor last year and asked if he could let out the pants a bit. He looked at the pants and told me they appear to have been let out a few times already and there is no more material.

Lies and propaganda, I tell you! Those pants are shrinking and I won’t hear otherwise!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Peach cobbler RULES! That is all.

It rules even better with ice cream on it.


Peach is good, but I prefer blackberry.


Freehold DM wrote:

And now for something completely different.

** spoiler omitted **

Shared and donated. I wish it could be more, but that is a story:

My beloved car is much sicker than expected. I just got a bill that wiped away all the extra money I can expect in the rest of 2018.

CH, FHDM, I’m afraid October is out for NYC. I just can’t swing it.

Looks like I might be stuck at home for a while as well :(


But, bad news aside, one must dust oneself off, face the day with a brave mien.

Back on the Stairmaster for a slug of endorphins, nature’s opioid.


It is a long weekend, no matter what else


Celestial Healer wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
I've never worn a tux, not even to my own wedding.

I own one and wear it about 4 times a year, mostly for concerts where I am singing.

I took it to the tailor last year and asked if he could let out the pants a bit. He looked at the pants and told me they appear to have been let out a few times already and there is no more material.

Lies and propaganda, I tell you! Those pants are shrinking and I won’t hear otherwise!

the pants gnomes found you TOO?!

Those tiny bastards keep stealing material from our clothes to make their own!


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

And now for something completely different.

** spoiler omitted **

Shared and donated. I wish it could be more, but that is a story:

My beloved car is much sicker than expected. I just got a bill that wiped away all the extra money I can expect in the rest of 2018.

CH, FHDM, I’m afraid October is out for NYC. I just can’t swing it.

Looks like I might be stuck at home for a while as well :(

I am so sorry to hear your car is under the weather but i am glad you have the funds to care for it.

Silver Crusade

Patrick Curtin wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

And now for something completely different.

** spoiler omitted **

Shared and donated. I wish it could be more, but that is a story:

My beloved car is much sicker than expected. I just got a bill that wiped away all the extra money I can expect in the rest of 2018.

CH, FHDM, I’m afraid October is out for NYC. I just can’t swing it.

Looks like I might be stuck at home for a while as well :(

That’s a bummer! How old is the car? I take it there are no warranties?


11 years. Honestly I was hoping for just another year with it, and then I’d have to figure out something new. But this came at a bad time. But when does it not?


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Heh. Couple months ago, I got all kinds of brake warning (and other) lights on my dash. Long story short, all the brake lines were rotted and leaking. $1500 repair bill. Couple weeks ago I'm driving home, and the car starts to slow down all by itself. Transmission lines rotted out. $2000. Eleven year old car, 95000 miles. Other than underneath, the car's in great shape. Hoping to get another 50k miles out of it - at which point I'll either be dead or not driving 'cause too old. But another $2000 repair will probably kill that idea. :-)


My vehicle is dead. It's 16 years old with 248k miles. I have no idea what's wrong with the engine part of it because it would cost me more than I can even afford to have it towed to the mechanic's. The other thing wrong with it is the suspension is gone and it's sitting directly on the frame.

I got new tires for it for Christmas and it died in April. So I've got a nearly mint condition set of tires on a vehicle that doesn't run. Oh for the gift of prescience because I sure could've used that tire money on rent or groceries.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:

My vehicle is dead. It's 16 years old with 248k miles. I have no idea what's wrong with the engine part of it because it would cost me more than I can even afford to have it towed to the mechanic's. The other thing wrong with it is the suspension is gone and it's sitting directly on the frame.

I got new tires for it for Christmas and it died in April. So I've got a nearly mint condition set of tires on a vehicle that doesn't run. Oh for the gift of prescience because I sure could've used that tire money on rent or groceries.

If you know you won’t need them, why not sell the tires? You could recoup 50-60% of what you paid for them on Craigslist or eBay.


Celestial Healer wrote:
=
If you know you won’t need them, why not sell the tires? You could recoup 50-60% of what you paid for them on Craigslist or eBay.

I probably will. I've been thinking about it, anyway.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Back from shooting range...

Got my hands on Grot, civilian version, one of three that were made for now (more will be available for civilian market later), though my accuracy was miserable. It's not like I was firing a long arm for the first time in my life...

Oh, wait, it was the first time I shoot a firearm in my life, ever.

Facebook photos of my Glock 17, Makarov, and second batch of AKM shots.

A 12 g shotgun also saw some action, though I haven't made the picture before the target was replaced.


5.56 mm. Ah, lovely NATO standard. That’s the only weapon I ever fired’s round, the M16A1.


Patrick Curtin wrote:
5.56 mm. Ah, lovely NATO standard. That’s the only weapon I ever fired’s round, the M16A1.

AKM we had fired standard Warsaw Pact's 7.62 x 39 mm. Basically we had one NATO and one WP handgun, and one NATO and one WP long arm. Plus an universal 12 g, though the last bullet was a slug instead of shot.

Funnily enough, I translated two texts about Grot before getting it in my hands...


~laughter~ I love The Onion!


So no going home this weekend :(

As a consolation prize I’m going into DC to go see Lykke Li


So now I sit and wait.

Some douche nozzle sold me a fake ticket

Now I have to try and contest the charge


The opening band was good

Silver Crusade

Patrick Curtin wrote:

So now I sit and wait.

Some douche nozzle sold me a fake ticket

Now I have to try and contest the charge

What happened?!


Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

So now I sit and wait.

Some douche nozzle sold me a fake ticket

Now I have to try and contest the charge

What happened?!

I bought a ticket online I thought it was through StubHub. It was StubHub(inc), a fake site. Now I’ll gave to try and get reimbursed:(. Luckily there were still tickets on sale


If you're going to see Metallica, I wanna go to! :p ;)

Also I too have a car story but it appears all people want is more cobbler/pie.

Blackberry is better as jam anyway...


I love blackberry jam, but my heart belongs to blackberry cobbler.

Silver Crusade

Patrick Curtin wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

So now I sit and wait.

Some douche nozzle sold me a fake ticket

Now I have to try and contest the charge

What happened?!
I bought a ticket online I thought it was through StubHub. It was StubHub(inc), a fake site. Now I’ll gave to try and get reimbursed:(. Luckily there were still tickets on sale

I’m not even sure how one would go about getting a refund from a scam site.


My heart belongs to two things (well three but sticking with non-RPG stuff here); Metallica and chocolate.


Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

So now I sit and wait.

Some douche nozzle sold me a fake ticket

Now I have to try and contest the charge

What happened?!
I bought a ticket online I thought it was through StubHub. It was StubHub(inc), a fake site. Now I’ll gave to try and get reimbursed:(. Luckily there were still tickets on sale
I’m not even sure how one would go about getting a refund from a scam site.

im hoping PayPal will assist me, since the transaction went through their system


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

So now I sit and wait.

Some douche nozzle sold me a fake ticket

Now I have to try and contest the charge

What happened?!
I bought a ticket online I thought it was through StubHub. It was StubHub(inc), a fake site. Now I’ll gave to try and get reimbursed:(. Luckily there were still tickets on sale
I’m not even sure how one would go about getting a refund from a scam site.
im hoping PayPal will assist me, since the transaction went through their system

I am so sorry you got caught in that. Paypal sometimes helps, they are not as with it as venmo.


Well, I have also contacted StubHub. They might be involved as a facilitator. It’s amazing how much scammery is out there


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Adulting is not always a fun thing


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I’d much rather be playing D&D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
My heart belongs to two things (well three but sticking with non-RPG stuff here); Metallica and chocolate.

I might get to see 'Tallica in January if Santa looks at my wish list.


So now, I wait


I wait too since most of the good seats for the 18th are probably gone by now...

So here's hoping I see the boys in 2019.


Well, that’s all done. Now I just need to get ready for some more killing, Vesk style

Scarab Sages

Patrick Curtin wrote:
11 years. Honestly I was hoping for just another year with it, and then I’d have to figure out something new. But this came at a bad time. But when does it not?

I can sympathize. My own vehicle is 12 years old, and not in the best of shape to begin. This most recent project I was on gave me a longer commute, sitting in a s@!+ ton of traffic, putting even more wear and tear. Sadly, however, I am currently nowhere near in a position to think about getting a new one.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I was happy my S10 managed to survive 17 years. I do enjoy my Rav4 now for my 30 minute commute. I hope your luck improves Patrick.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Forg-Eater. You might want to blame Mike for that one...


Drejk wrote:
Forg-Eater. You might want to blame Mike for that one...

I went to the website. I love it.

19,351 to 19,400 of 19,931 << first < prev | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards