The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

17,601 to 17,650 of 19,931 << first < prev | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

You could get banned from Canada.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The problem with not being much of a drinker is that you always end up being the designated driver and running a bunch of giggling drunk/stoned people around when you seriously don't care to be there.


LOVECRAFT HAS CLOSED DOWN

I REPEAT LOVECRAFT HAS CLOSED DOWN

I AM WITH CELESTIAL HEALER AND I AM SOBER ON A SATURDAY NIGHT

EVERYBODY PANIC


I would panic but it's only Freehold...so I'm less panicked.

Also I keep thinking it's weird that panic doesn't require a k but panicked does.

Secondly,
I'm pretty sure I can go to Kansas, just not to that town ever again. I would like to remember where...but honestly better that I've blocked out most of that part of my life.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Also I keep thinking it's weird that panic doesn't require a k but panicked does.

Its to keep the c on the end of panic from turning into an S sound when the e is added after it.

Shadow Lodge

Treppa wrote:
The problem with not being much of a drinker is that you always end up being the designated driver and running a bunch of giggling drunk/stoned people around when you seriously don't care to be there.

I avoided this for years in the past by not having a car or driver's license.

I avoid it now by not having any local friends, just online ones.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:

LOVECRAFT HAS CLOSED DOWN

I REPEAT LOVECRAFT HAS CLOSED DOWN

I AM WITH CELESTIAL HEALER AND I AM SOBER ON A SATURDAY NIGHT

EVERYBODY PANIC

HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My nose is chirping.


Treppa wrote:
My nose is chirping.

O_o What th'?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

O_o Indeed,...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My face feels weird.


Freehold DM wrote:

LOVECRAFT HAS CLOSED DOWN

I REPEAT LOVECRAFT HAS CLOSED DOWN

I AM WITH CELESTIAL HEALER AND I AM SOBER ON A SATURDAY NIGHT

EVERYBODY PANIC

*runs away*

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

LOVECRAFT HAS CLOSED DOWN

I REPEAT LOVECRAFT HAS CLOSED DOWN

I AM WITH CELESTIAL HEALER AND I AM SOBER ON A SATURDAY NIGHT

EVERYBODY PANIC

HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?

To be fair I have long suspected Lovecraft Bar was hemorrhaging money. Fortunately, we were able to find another establishment in New York City willing to sell us alcohol. And a lot of it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The couch feels weird

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I feel like Freehold would be the best wingman ever. Even though I am not single, he pointed out that I should not be looking at man-bun dude.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
The couch feels weird

You had too much to drink.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Poor Freehold. I don't envy him the hangover headache that he'll get.


Verne Troyer ( Mini-Me ) is dead. He was 49.


Celestial Healer wrote:
I feel like Freehold would be the best wingman ever. Even though I am not single, he pointed out that I should not be looking at man-bun dude.

"And that's why the man bun is the new mullet!" - Deadpool 2 (not red band) trailer.


Seven Young Fists: Fire Within


Treppa wrote:

Why does it not surprise me that you work with disembodied brains?

"An insane wizard did it!"

* takes a drink *

After THIS week my brain FEELS 'Abby Normal'. ;P

Which to be fair, is not that far off from how i usually feel. ;)

And I'm sure that there's something wrong with my brains as well, but in this case it was the lighting rack. Which on some days might not have been panic & stroke worthy, but we were in the MIDDLE OF THE OPERA RUN. :/

And the emails that I may or may not have sent out to a large amount of people, While I may or may not have still been on an adrenaline rush, (And perturb as heck, to put it politely), may or may not have helped the longevity of my career. :P

We will see.

Until then, I still have a job, and I strike the opera when it ends in less than half an hour.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks!


What rest of the weekend?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
Treppa wrote:
My nose is chirping.
O_o What th'?

What, your nose never chirps?

You, my friend, need more allergies.


LOL!!!! Thanks, I'll just stick to the watering eye. Yes. Just the right one.


I get allergies sure. But I NEVER had my nose chirp. Wiffle maybe, but not chirp.

Also I thought the reason there was a K was so the c wouldn't feel left out.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Still alive


Hello.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

~gasps and falls over dead from shock~


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Welcome back, Jason. I hope that life has been treating you and your family better. Have a good week.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Life is. Kids doing well at least.


You have my phone number if you want to talk.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I learned something new (and useful) today.

Knifemaker Explains The Difference Between Chef's Knives


2 people marked this as a favorite.

How To Sharpen Dull Knives

Can you tell who microwaves most of his meals?


5 people marked this as a favorite.

How to make a knife from aluminum foil

How to make a knife from plastic wrap (Really!)

Edit: Holy crap, there's more:

How to make a knife from dried pasta

Silver Crusade

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:

How to make a knife from aluminum foil

How to make a knife from plastic wrap (Really!)

Edit: Holy crap, there's more:

How to make a knife from dried pasta

There is a part of me that feels like this information may be useful to me in some situation. And there is a part of me that is terrified at the thought of what that situation might be.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:

How to make a knife from aluminum foil

How to make a knife from plastic wrap (Really!)

Edit: Holy crap, there's more:

How to make a knife from dried pasta

There is a part of me that feels like this information may be useful to me in some situation. And there is a part of me that is terrified at the thought of what that situation might be.

Zombie apocalypse?

At least the pasta knife takes some doing. The guy at the next table in the Spaghetti Factory won't suddenly fashion a rigatoni shiv and slice everyone to bits.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:

How to make a knife from aluminum foil

How to make a knife from plastic wrap (Really!)

Edit: Holy crap, there's more:

How to make a knife from dried pasta

There is a part of me that feels like this information may be useful to me in some situation. And there is a part of me that is terrified at the thought of what that situation might be.

Zombie apocalypse?

At least the pasta knife takes some doing. The guy at the next table in the Spaghetti Factory won't suddenly fashion a rigatoni shiv and cut everyone to bits.

Unless he's a hung over Freehold. Then all bets are off.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:

How to make a knife from aluminum foil

How to make a knife from plastic wrap (Really!)

Edit: Holy crap, there's more:

How to make a knife from dried pasta

There is a part of me that feels like this information may be useful to me in some situation. And there is a part of me that is terrified at the thought of what that situation might be.

Zombie apocalypse?

At least the pasta knife takes some doing. The guy at the next table in the Spaghetti Factory won't suddenly fashion a rigatoni shiv and cut everyone to bits.

Unless he's a hung over Freehold. Then all bets are off.

should i be so drunk I eat the knife and defend myself with the pasta, now I have options.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

During my freshman year in college, one of my classmates was too hungover to get himself to the physics final exam. So we took him there, sat him in a chair, gave him a couple of pencils and a slide rule (this was before electronic calculators) and left him to it.

He got an A. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ed Reppert wrote:

During my freshman year in college, one of my classmates was too hungover to get himself to the physics final exam. So we took him there, sat him in a chair, gave him a couple of pencils and a slide rule (this was before electronic calculators) and left him to it.

He got an A. :-)

... and he's never been sober since ... juuuust inebriated enough to continue his Acing ways ... ;) :P :D 8)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
How to make a knife from dried pasta
At least the pasta knife takes some doing. The guy at the next table in the Spaghetti Factory won't suddenly fashion a rigatoni shiv and cut everyone to bits.
Unless he's a hung over Freehold. Then all bets are off.
should i be so drunk I eat the knife and defend myself with the pasta, now I have options.

It sounds like something a manga villain or noir antagonist would do. Smuggles in the pre-made pasta knife(knives) past the metal detectors and x-ray scanners, stabbity-stab assassinates the target, then boils the evidence and eats it with some Sunday sauce.


So, the Road Captain calls me and tells me that the new guard called off, and ask if the morning guard can come in. The morning guard told me that he already made plans for tomorrow, since he expected to be off. The company is supposed to have floaters for this sort of situation, but doesn't. So, guess who's going to have a 19-hour shift tomorrow. *sigh* I'm going to lose my Wednesday day off for this. Did I tell anyone recently how I hate this f$+$ing job?


Krombopulos Michael wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
How to make a knife from dried pasta
At least the pasta knife takes some doing. The guy at the next table in the Spaghetti Factory won't suddenly fashion a rigatoni shiv and cut everyone to bits.
Unless he's a hung over Freehold. Then all bets are off.
should i be so drunk I eat the knife and defend myself with the pasta, now I have options.
It sounds like something a manga villain or noir antagonist would do. Smuggles in the pre-made pasta knife(knives) past the metal detectors and x-ray scanners, stabbity-stab assassinates the target, then boils the evidence and eats it with some Sunday sauce.

tastes like victory.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
So, the Road Captain calls me and tells me that the new guard called off, and ask if the morning guard can come in. The morning guard told me that he already made plans for tomorrow, since he expected to be off. The company is supposed to have floaters for this sort of situation, but doesn't. So, guess who's going to have a 19-hour shift tomorrow. *sigh* I'm going to lose my Wednesday day off for this. Did I tell anyone recently how I hate this f&@~ing job?

Aww, man. I'm really sorry. I've had s****y jobs like this, too. I hope you find something better soon.


Thanks, Cal.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:

How to make a knife from aluminum foil

How to make a knife from plastic wrap (Really!)

Edit: Holy crap, there's more:

How to make a knife from dried pasta

There is a part of me that feels like this information may be useful to me in some situation. And there is a part of me that is terrified at the thought of what that situation might be.

o_O

<Wizard bookmarks this website, JUST in case he ever gets around to actually giving his co-workers what they deserve, and ends up in the Big House.>

<.< >.> -_-

(Must not act out my inner impulses, must not act out my inner impulses,... no matter how much they deserve it,... ) ;P


Didn't there used to be a "Gamers seeking Games" thread somewhere on the boards? I can't seem to find it, it so. I have a friend who lives too far away to join my games and she's dying to learn how to play Pathfinder, 5e, or Castles and Crusades.


DungeonmasterCal wrote:
Didn't there used to be a "Gamers seeking Games" thread somewhere on the boards? I can't seem to find it, it so. I have a friend who lives too far away to join my games and she's dying to learn how to play Pathfinder, 5e, or Castles and Crusades.

Gamer Connection


Thanks, John!


No Problem. :)

17,601 to 17,650 of 19,931 << first < prev | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards