The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

651 to 700 of 19,931 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Freehold DM wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
I haz the sads. Mrs. Moorluck invited my boy and me for Laser Tag this Sunday for her youngest kid's birthday. I had to decline because My brother is already planning a crawfish boil for that day, in honor of my sister-in-law's birthday.

AWWWW

When you see them, please give them my warmest regards.

More like 'If" these days. Stoopid real life.


Aberzombie wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
I haz the sads. Mrs. Moorluck invited my boy and me for Laser Tag this Sunday for her youngest kid's birthday. I had to decline because My brother is already planning a crawfish boil for that day, in honor of my sister-in-law's birthday.

AWWWW

When you see them, please give them my warmest regards.

More like 'If" these days. Stoopid real life.

Lazer Tag? AND boiled Crawfish?!? Sounds awesome!

I would be trying to find a way to do both! ;)


Patrick Curtin wrote:
I got my Demons and Devils mini package from my old Kickstarter purchase. Took a while, but the minis are kewl

Fractured Dimensions rather than CSM? Fortunately I avoided the former, if not the latter. (Although both look sweet)


Aberzombie wrote:
I haz the sads. Mrs. Moorluck invited my boy and me for Laser Tag this Sunday for her youngest kid's birthday. I had to decline because My brother is already planning a crawfish boil for that day, in honor of my sister-in-law's birthday.

Huh, I recognize that smell of the rotting flesh from somewhere else...

*looks around

AIIIEEE!!!

We have zombie infestation!

Next we'll get zombie monkeys...

*notches a power setting of laser up to burn the zombie horde to the ashes*


hi everyone


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Hey aeglos, you can tell Sabine I saw a real opossum today! I was driving home from choir practice, and there was one on my street, caught clearly by the headlights, about the size of a cat. Not one of the fake ones you guys saw in Chinatown :)

wohoo, possum, cool

I can't belive FHDM did not comment on this


The Walking Dead airs with just one day delay on cable TV here, recorded it and watched while wife and boy where away, wohoo up to date now


DSXMachina wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
I got my Demons and Devils mini package from my old Kickstarter purchase. Took a while, but the minis are kewl
Fractured Dimensions rather than CSM? Fortunately I avoided the former, if not the latter. (Although both look sweet)

Pacesetter games bought up the physical minis of CSM from bankruptcy court. Bill Bash offered a 50% discount on the mini packages he was selling off. While I didn't enjoy paying more for a Kickstarter I had already paid for, I did really like the minis, and the price wasn't too bad to get them. IMO it was better than spending for the KS and getting nothing


aeglos wrote:
hi everyone

AEGLOS!!!!!


Prepping for another trip to Boston. Fortunately the weather is very clement today. Still, I'm wearing my wet weather gear. Because it is 3/1, and you can never tell..,


Aberzombie wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
I haz the sads. Mrs. Moorluck invited my boy and me for Laser Tag this Sunday for her youngest kid's birthday. I had to decline because My brother is already planning a crawfish boil for that day, in honor of my sister-in-law's birthday.

AWWWW

When you see them, please give them my warmest regards.

More like 'If" these days. Stoopid real life.

[Mayor Quimby] There there zombeh. Nobody likes weepy corpses [/Mayor Quimby]


Cheers crowd wrote:
aeglos wrote:
hi everyone
AEGLOS!!!!!

hi Patrick *waves*


Hey aeglos! How is life in Hessia?

I'm off to school now, but I'll likely be posting on and off


1 person marked this as a favorite.

lifes good mostly. slowly all family members recover from illness and things go back to normal in the process


1 person marked this as a favorite.
aeglos wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Hey aeglos, you can tell Sabine I saw a real opossum today! I was driving home from choir practice, and there was one on my street, caught clearly by the headlights, about the size of a cat. Not one of the fake ones you guys saw in Chinatown :)

wohoo, possum, cool

I can't belive FHDM did not comment on this

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!


On the T now.

It's amazing how connected we are. Even five years ago I likely wouldn't be able to post while riding a T train.

I do want my computer glasses and VR keyboard though. Typing on an iPhone is suboptimal for getting my PbPs set up. Now would be an awesome time to work on my maps... *sigh*


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm rather relieved that the cyberpunk authors of the Eighties were a little pessimistic about the level of dystopia we'd be feeling at this point in history...

Don't get me wrong, it's hardly rainbows and Pollyanna puppy tails out there, but hardly a Gibsonite scene.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It's funny. The iconic opening of Neuromancer was 'The sky above the port was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel'

To anyone raised on modern TV, it doesn't quite have the same visual impact ... Seeing as dead channel pictures are now a bright cheery blue...


OH MY GOD NEUROMANCER WAS RIGHT


4 people marked this as a favorite.

WHY CAN'T I STOP YELLING


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Your Caps Lock is on?

Silver Crusade

On a quick trip to Dallas. Nice and warm here.

Half Price Books is calling me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:

On a quick trip to Dallas. Nice and warm here.

Half Price Books is calling me.

will you be returning in time for absinthe and company?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

On a quick trip to Dallas. Nice and warm here.

Half Price Books is calling me.

will you be returning in time for absinthe and company?

Umm. That's like 7 weeks away, and I am only in TX for 2 days.

I also have 2 more business trips between now and then - Tampa and Los Angeles.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
aeglos wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Hey aeglos, you can tell Sabine I saw a real opossum today! I was driving home from choir practice, and there was one on my street, caught clearly by the headlights, about the size of a cat. Not one of the fake ones you guys saw in Chinatown :)

wohoo, possum, cool

I can't belive FHDM did not comment on this

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!

It is possumble that he missed it.


Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

On a quick trip to Dallas. Nice and warm here.

Half Price Books is calling me.

will you be returning in time for absinthe and company?

Umm. That's like 7 weeks away, and I am only in TX for 2 days.

I also have 2 more business trips between now and then - Tampa and Los Angeles.

Man I need to find a lawyer who travels to work for.


Celestial Healer wrote:

On a quick trip to Dallas. Nice and warm here.

Half Price Books is calling me.

They really need to expand into Nuevo Ingleterra


Freehold DM wrote:
WHY CAN'T I STOP YELLING

BECAUSE YELLING IS FUN!!!!!!!!


Dwarven Forge town and streets set is almost here. Soon I will have my precious.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Another 100 on a quiz. I'm digging this legal stuff. Who knew?


The Minis Maniac wrote:

Dwarven Forge town and streets set is almost here. Soon I will have my precious.

You're going to need another house just to set up your collection!

You should check out the Pacestter Games site. They are selling off the minis from the failed CSM Kickstarter for fairly decent prices


I'm hoping I'm not totally wiped when I get home. I do feel bad that several of my games have stalled because I haven't gotten the maps set up. I need to work on that


Plus Walking Dead to finish watching and the restart of Gotham


Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

On a quick trip to Dallas. Nice and warm here.

Half Price Books is calling me.

will you be returning in time for absinthe and company?

I need to look into a cheap hotel near the Lovecraft bar. I know, NYC and cheap aren't synonymous, but any suggestions?


Patrick Curtin wrote:
The Minis Maniac wrote:

Dwarven Forge town and streets set is almost here. Soon I will have my precious.

You're going to need another house just to set up your collection!

You should check out the Pacestter Games site. They are selling off the minis from the failed CSM Kickstarter for fairly decent prices

I haven't heard of this CSM kickstarter.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
The Minis Maniac wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
The Minis Maniac wrote:

Dwarven Forge town and streets set is almost here. Soon I will have my precious.

You're going to need another house just to set up your collection!

You should check out the Pacestter Games site. They are selling off the minis from the failed CSM Kickstarter for fairly decent prices

I haven't heard of this CSM kickstarter.

There lies a great evil that caused much wretchedness on some boards. Some things are best left undisturbed...


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

...in other words, lucky you! ;)

RPG Superstar 2012

3 people marked this as a favorite.

18,000 words is a lot of words.

All work and no play make the badger go cray cray.

Toodle pip, y'all!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

On a quick trip to Dallas. Nice and warm here.

Half Price Books is calling me.

will you be returning in time for absinthe and company?
I need to look into a cheap hotel near the Lovecraft bar. I know, NYC and cheap aren't synonymous, but any suggestions?

I'll look around. It might be fun to get hammered and pass out on someone else's floor for a change!

Silver Crusade

Patrick Curtin wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

On a quick trip to Dallas. Nice and warm here.

Half Price Books is calling me.

They really need to expand into Nuevo Ingleterra

Agreed.


taig wrote:

18,000 words is a lot of words.

All work and no play make the badger go cray cray.

Toodle pip, y'all!

Toodle pip Badgah!


Freehold DM wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

On a quick trip to Dallas. Nice and warm here.

Half Price Books is calling me.

will you be returning in time for absinthe and company?
I need to look into a cheap hotel near the Lovecraft bar. I know, NYC and cheap aren't synonymous, but any suggestions?
I'll look around. It might be fun to get hammered and pass out on someone else's floor for a change!

Everyone coming out to the bar is welcome to crash at the hotel. That way everyone is safe. We'll get some extra blankets and rough it


Feros wrote:
The Minis Maniac wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
The Minis Maniac wrote:

Dwarven Forge town and streets set is almost here. Soon I will have my precious.

You're going to need another house just to set up your collection!

You should check out the Pacestter Games site. They are selling off the minis from the failed CSM Kickstarter for fairly decent prices

I haven't heard of this CSM kickstarter.
There lies a great evil that caused much wretchedness on some boards. Some things are best left undisturbed...

It was a bad scene. I put a lot into the original KS. I was very disappointed when it cratered, taking all of my money ($140) with it. But, I am happy to at least get my minis at last. Even if I had to pony up $70 more. They are lovely.


So I am in a year-long process of experimentation with how to make the perfect pulled pork. It's a great recipe: Simple, the cut of meat (pork butt or shoulder) often costs .99-1.99 a pound at the store, and it goes well in many dishes (sandwiches , salads, with rice). Tonight's recipe (so far the best):

In a Dutch oven combine:
Pork shoulder/butt
6 cups chicken broth
2 cups apple cider
5 cloves garlic
2 onions
10 carrots
4 sprigs of rosemary

Brown the pork first in the Dutch oven. When the cut is browned on all sides add the liquids and the veggies (don't bother peeling-it's more for the broth. ). Put lid on-toss in oven. Cook at 250F for eight hours. The meat is fork tender and very flavorful.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

So tonight...

The Dirty Monkey Business

1shot Limoncello
1 shot Kraken Rum
Simply Juice Raspberry lemonade [half remaining glass]
Turkey Hill Raspberry Ice Tea [half remaining glass]

Delish


Anyone else watching Lucifer? I can't decide whether I like it or not


I really should be asleep. But I am so happy that I got another 100% today. And I have tomorrow off. For now.


Gratz on the 100% and enjoy your day off. I am up because I will be on the 4 pm to midnight shift for the next three days and starting next week I will be on the midnight to 8 am shift for the next 6 to 9 weeks. yay.


What? Only an 8-hour shift? I work a 12-hour, 4 on/4 off, 2day/2night shift rotation. :P

but yeah- I'm up for basically the same reason- I gotta stay up so I can sleep during the day tomorrow as I change between day shift and night shift.


Calex wrote:

What? Only an 8-hour shift? I work a 12-hour, 4 on/4 off, 2day/2night shift rotation. :P

but yeah- I'm up for basically the same reason- I gotta stay up so I can sleep during the day tomorrow as I change between day shift and night shift.

~grins~ What can I say? I am a wimp.

651 to 700 of 19,931 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards