The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

6,201 to 6,250 of 19,931 << first < prev | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

And now Toten Hosen "Pushed Again".


Turning your scales inside out looks painful.

On the other talon, does the krenshar effect bolster your existing draconic fear aura?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:

Also listening to Offspring for the first time in an eternity a long time...

And it's fault of Patrick linking Guano Apes some two or three years ago...

Linking Guano Apes? What a good idea!

That goes out to all you Lords of the Boards :)~


The last time it was Open Your Eyes.


It's closing to 4 am and I am rereading some parts of FAWTL...


Drejk wrote:
It's closing to 4 am and I am rereading some parts of FAWTL...

That way lies madness...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
H. P. Hatesmash wrote:
Drejk wrote:
It's closing to 4 am and I am rereading some parts of FAWTL...
That way lies madness...

Nah, I think I passed insanity and crazy on my way there, but no madness.

Silver Crusade

6 people marked this as a favorite.

I am making some effort to exercise more, and it has been educational.

Lesson 1: If you haven't done squats in a decade, you're going to feel that s@*+ for days.

Ow. Please no more stairs.


Ugh. This has been a most non-productive month when it comes to eating right and exercising. Time to regear for the fall!

School in 8 days!!!!


I just spent nine hours driving and eating junk food. Yuk


But close to my home country now!

Good thing too. I just blew my last green plastic picture of Lizzie Windsor on snacks. Just a few Andy Jacksons left in the wallet for the ride through Maine-i-ac

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

If I ever meet her I'm going to call her Lizzie Windsor.

(I can say that, assured by the extreme unlikeliness of such a meeting ever occurring.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Best party of my life and it was virtual.

Honestly, I don't think a real party could top Krogans headbutting on the balcony.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Celestial Healer wrote:

I am making some effort to exercise more, and it has been educational.

Lesson 1: If you haven't done squats in a decade, you're going to feel that s*~~ for days.

Ow. Please no more stairs.

I miss leg day.


Is there a headbutt day at the gym?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

*sigh*

Yeah, otherwise known as "people buying passes and and immediately assuming everything they do in a gym is the correct thing to do"

*head* *desk*

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, looking at my schedule for this school year, it appears that my most-looked forward to class has been cut and I have a 50/50 chance of being stuck in a forensics class with my ex-boyfriend.

Lovely.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

But so dramatic!

Silver Crusade

captain yesterday wrote:
But so dramatic!

Meh. Only in retrospect or from a distance.

Scarab Sages

Celestial Healer wrote:

I am making some effort to exercise more, and it has been educational.

Lesson 1: If you haven't done squats in a decade, you're going to feel that s%#* for days.

Ow. Please no more stairs.

Since I have been (unfortunately) home more often these days, I too have been exercising more. Got some use out the Ab-Lounger wife and I purchased years ago, and I've been walking around the subdivision lake on weekday mornings (weather permitting).

One day I intend to download an app to my phone which will allow me to actually measure the walking distance around the aforementioned lake.


Turns out I'm sicker than I thought. 102 degree fever. No wonder I wasn't my usual effervescent self, with the refreshing taste of lime-on.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
lucky7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
But so dramatic!
Meh. Only in retrospect or from a distance.

Isn't forensics always dramatic?

(Seriously, though, I hope it isn't too awkward!)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Turns out I'm sicker than I thought. 102 degree fever. No wonder I wasn't my usual effervescent self, with the refreshing taste of lime-on.

Yikes! I knew you were hot, but this is ridiculous.

Get better. :(

Liberty's Edge

In continuing with tonight's apparent theme of bad luck and missed opportunities, I've had a thing for a friend's stepdaughter for about a month and a half now. At the risk of sounding bitter (well, MORE bitter), would anyone like to guess how late I was in confessing my feelings?

answer:
Seventeen hours. I had more than a month and I was late by seventeen hours.

Still, she's cool about the whole thing. That much went right, at least.

Silver Crusade

Night, Treefort. Thanks for listening.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good luck, lucky7. I am sorry to hear about your romance woes. Hopefully good things are on the horizon.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Sorry to hear L7. As a perennially late confessor of feelings I will give you a bit of hard-earned advice:

  • If you think that you are overthinking it, you are
  • Rejection isn't fatal, or even really wounding
  • If you don't ask, your rejection rate is 100%
  • People with successful relationships usually were rejected in several other attempts. There are few 'one shot one kill' stories out there
  • Carpe M-F'in Diem! Don't dawdle! You like that person you say something


2 people marked this as a favorite.

In other news: I have secured job #3! Huzzah!


Patrick Curtin wrote:
In other news: I have secured job #3! Huzzah!

Glad to hear that! Now, can I borrow some money? ~grins and runs~


Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Sorry to hear of the bad con showing FHDM.

As for takoyaki ... I had thought we were going to the poutine restaurant so that is what I informed my ladybro was the plan. She was super enthused, as she confessed a deep love for poutine. Now, I don't know if she has a similar love for takoyaki, but I'd hate to disappoint her with a change of plans.

As for NYC, I'm thinking thusly:

Sunday:
Arrive
Wander about-maybe hit museum
Hit poutine restaurant and Burton bar
Monday:
Play tourist (IDK what y'all's work schedule is like, but we'd love company)
Temple of Dog show at MSG
Tuesday: Retreat to New England

What's the date again?
November 6-8. Sunday-Tuesday
I feared that was the case. I am probably out of commission on the 6th. Don't know for sure yet.

Man, I missed this. I hope we can find some time to get together. But if not, there will be other trips.


My favorite Skid Row song. The video is also a very sad one too.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

It's 1 a.m. and I just finished ME3 on the RED ending for the first time. I should go to sleep, I guess. But I kinda feel like exploring the galaxy for a while.

Darn you, Bioware!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
In other news: I have secured job #3! Huzzah!
Glad to hear that! Now, can I borrow some money? ~grins and runs~

Lol. My horde was spent on adventuring to the great Gaming Conclave and then to the Isle of Lobsters. I need to find a wealthy dragon to replenish my loot...hmmmm

Eyes Sharoth speculatively


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
In other news: I have secured job #3! Huzzah!
Glad to hear that! Now, can I borrow some money? ~grins and runs~

Lol. My horde was spent on adventuring to the great Gaming Conclave and then to the Isle of Lobsters. I need to find a wealthy dragon to replenish my loot...hmmmm

Eyes Sharoth speculatively

~slinks away quietly~

Edit - I think it is time to put some more points into stealth.

Scarab Sages

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Sorry to hear L7. As a perennially late confessor of feelings I will give you a bit of hard-earned advice:

  • If you think that you are overthinking it, you are
  • Rejection isn't fatal, or even really wounding
  • If you don't ask, your rejection rate is 100%
  • People with successful relationships usually were rejected in several other attempts. There are few 'one shot one kill' stories out there
  • Carpe M-F'in Diem! Don't dawdle! You like that person you say something

I'll add to that.....

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars…..

…..Where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther in the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to death’s cold embrace.

Scarab Sages

Also, now I feel old(er).


Aberzombie wrote:
Also, now I feel old(er).

It's ok, Grandpa. You are not that old. ~thinks~ Oh. Right. You are! ~RUNS~


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Also, now I feel old(er).
It's ok, Grandpa. You are not that old. ~thinks~ Oh. Right. You are! ~RUNS~

He's not old! He's just well preserved!

Can't you smell the formaldehyde?


I'm not old!

I've always been this wrinkly and bald. Seriously. ;P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
And Shepard obsessing... "Do I really sound like that?"

Did anyone else catch the super-obscure Stargate SG-1 reference?

Compare and contrast.


Hey CH, this one's for you.


So, I am at work. Sick. But i couldnt take the day off because I was on vacation for the past 3 days. The fever seems to have broken, which is good, but i am still sweaty, achy, and coughing. Staying in the office away from other people today.

Silver Crusade

David M Mallon wrote:
Hey CH, this one's for you.

Makes me want a white hot...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
So, I am at work. Sick. But i couldnt take the day off because I was on vacation for the past 3 days. The fever seems to have broken, which is good, but i am still sweaty, achy, and coughing. Staying in the office away from other people today.

I'm sorry you have to go to work feeling like that. It's unfair to you and your coworkers. Hope you feel better very soon. <3


Treppa wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
So, I am at work. Sick. But i couldnt take the day off because I was on vacation for the past 3 days. The fever seems to have broken, which is good, but i am still sweaty, achy, and coughing. Staying in the office away from other people today.
I'm sorry you have to go to work feeling like that. It's unfair to you and your coworkers. Hope you feel better very soon. <3

I am slowly healing. The cough is not nearly as painful as it was before. And the fever has broken, although I do sweat a bit.


Feel better FHDM!!


Finally home. Lordy, but traveling kicked my ass. Idk what it is about driving long distances, but it makes me hanker for the most loathsome, miserable, bad-for-you food. I feel like someone coated me in lard, rolled me in corn flakes and deep fried me just about now.


I also am craving a salad. Which I will soon make


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Also, now I feel old(er).
It's ok, Grandpa. You are not that old. ~thinks~ Oh. Right. You are! ~RUNS~

Speaking of feeling old, a certain bit of information was imparted to me today which is making me feel old indeed. I am not supposed to talk about it, as it won't be formally declared for a while yet, but I'm sure you folks can keep a secret...

The Secret

Spoiler:
I'm going to be a grandfather


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I told my parents as a knock knock joke. :-)

Congratulations!!

6,201 to 6,250 of 19,931 << first < prev | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards