The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

5,351 to 5,400 of 19,931 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>

Treppa wrote:

So a client suggested I learn to play guitar to help rehab the flex, stretch, and grip of my left hand.

Does that make sense? How much does a beginner's guitar cost (acoustic)? Are there good teach-yourself methods?

indeed, it is a good idea.


Screw it, I'm naked. I'm wearing a robe currently and it is no big deal if I flip it inside out. The green lantern symbol will be exactly the same to boot.


David M Mallon wrote:
Treppa wrote:
I have a bunch of recipes passed down from a (possible) Scottish ancestor who was a baker's apprentice and journeyman baker before the industrial revolution put him into the factories.
The only culinary professional in my family (to my knowledge) was Typhoid Mary. (Look it up, I'm not joking.)

I had heard she was a master cook. Poor woman.


Treppa wrote:
Mark Thomas 66 wrote:
Treppa wrote:

So a client suggested I learn to play guitar to help rehab the flex, stretch, and grip of my left hand.

Does that make sense? How much does a beginner's guitar cost (acoustic)? Are there good teach-yourself methods?

It did wonders for Harry Dresden

Oh, right! But that's fiction.

Isn't it?

dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUN!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:

It must be the drugs. I clicked on the "Yes, go ahead and upgrade to Windows 10" button on my beautiful Windows 7 work laptop. It was a clean machine. I don't think the upgrade can be stopped.

Going to sleep before I set something on fire or cook the dog.

damn.

I'm still looking forward to getting a new(read: used) desktop from a friend. They are confused as to why I want windows 7 and not 8.1 or 10. I would have it be an xp machine if I could, but I think 7 is the best of both worlds- let's me do xp stuff without windows nonsense. Or much of it. Sharoth, correct me if I'm wrong here.


Mark Thomas 66 wrote:
I do more than half the cooking at home. My wife's better but I do it more often, she cooks for special occasions. I'm vegetarian, but I've got some fun recipes.

indeed.

I cook the breakfasts more often than not. Wife cooks all other meals.


Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Well, my drunken riders left me two cases of beer and two very nice backpack coolers.

It's been a pretty good night

On purpose? Or will they be calling you to recover them?

It was accidental. I doubt they'd want the beers back, but they might call for the coolers. They of course can have them back. If they don't reclaim them, I can always find a use for them. I do have a 15-hour road trip coming up to America's touk soon


Time to get prepped for my next wedding cruise! This one is on cape, thank gawd! No cruising through downtown Plymouth in the fog. I was cursing those Puritans and their lack of skill in urban development :P


7 people marked this as a favorite.

"Where should we put the road, Eli?"

"Eh, follow the mule. He'll go where God wills, Nathaniel."

"Ayuh."


Treppa wrote:

"Where should we put the road, Eli?"

"Eh, follow the mule. He'll go where God wills, Nathaniel."

"Ayuh."

Pretty much :D


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Should we marketh the road?

I say NAY! Those that are righteous shall knoweth the name of it. Those that do not are the unclean outsider Papists.

Ayuh.


Freehold DM wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
The only culinary professional in my family (to my knowledge) was Typhoid Mary.
I had heard she was a master cook.

She grew up in Northern Ireland (ironically, in Cookstown), so "master cook" is a pretty relative term here.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Mark Thomas 66 wrote:
I do more than half the cooking at home. My wife's better but I do it more often, she cooks for special occasions. I'm vegetarian, but I've got some fun recipes.

Huh, I didn't know you were a vegetarian.

What would be something you'd recommend to a borderline carnivore?

For starters, you might poke around here for ideas. The only recipe I can 100% vouch for is the vegan "bacon", which is delicious and hits the same cravings (umami, crunchy, salty, smoky, little sweet, little fatty), but you won't fool yourself into thinking it's pork. When I want something I haven't had before, I often start with a vegetarian or vegan recipe because they must be flavorful and satisfying... but then I inevitably think "This sounds delicious, but it'd taste even better with chicken or beef."

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Mark Thomas 66 wrote:
I do more than half the cooking at home. My wife's better but I do it more often, she cooks for special occasions. I'm vegetarian, but I've got some fun recipes.

Huh, I didn't know you were a vegetarian.

What would be something you'd recommend to a borderline carnivore?

For starters, you might poke around here for ideas. The only recipe I can 100% vouch for is the vegan "bacon", which is delicious and hits the same cravings (umami, crunchy, salty, smoky, little sweet, little fatty), but you won't fool yourself into thinking it's pork. When I want something I haven't had before, I often start with a vegetarian or vegan recipe because they must be flavorful and satisfying... but then I inevitably think "This sounds delicious, but it'd taste even better with chicken or beef."

Okies, I'll give it a look over.

Thankies :3


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I shouldn't google food mentioned in news articles. So far this afternoon I've learned about:

Holy Mojo Jojo, I'm hungry.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
I shouldn't google food mentioned in news articles. So far this afternoon I've learned about: Holy Mojo Jojo, I'm hungry.

Think of dead baby spiders and it will pass.

>:)


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Feros wrote:

Think of dead baby spiders and it will pass.

>:)

Spiders are just non-aquatic crabs or lobsters... so, still hungry. (Stoo'Mak is not so easily distracted.)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
  • fresh-baked baguette vending machines,
  • fresh-made & baked pizza vending machines,
  • WUT.

    I will gleefully shank a b$+%+ to get one of those down here.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
    I shouldn't google food mentioned in news articles. So far this afternoon I've learned about: Holy Mojo Jojo, I'm hungry.

    You rang?

    For I am the monkey of which you speak. I, Mojo Jojo, the Magnificent, Intellectual, and Suave. There is none other because Mojo Jojo is me!


    5 people marked this as a favorite.

    Another day, another wedding

    ANOTHER PHAT TIP!

    WOOHOO!

    *happydance*

    RPG Superstar 2012

    Celestial Healer wrote:
    Sharoth wrote:
    David M Mallon wrote:
    And... I'm unemployed again.
    Damn. I am sorry my friend.

    +1

    That sucks.

    I know I'm a few days late, but I'm sorry to hear this too.

    RPG Superstar 2012

    Celestial Healer wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:


    I am slowly eating healthier too. Slowly. While mark can certainly note that I have had some fried foods on a special occasion, I have been using my BRAND SPANKING NEW RICE COOKER more, and today was fish and corn for lunch with cheerios and banana for breakfast(yesterday was much the same, but cheerios and two types of fruit for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and rice and vegetarian curry for dinner).

    I'm not skinny yet, but I'm trying. I'm also going to the gym with mom more and have toned my weakness treats down to fit newtons (easiest diuretic you'll ever eat!) and no more than two mexicokes a day. That it. Beyond that it's water, tea, and fruit.

    I am working an early shift for the second job today aND so I will be trying to make it to m2m to get some more curry for my rice cooker...

    Is this your way of telling me you want to go out for poutine?

    Wait, what? You have poutine where you live?

    RPG Superstar 2012

    All caught up. You all have a lot of stuff going on. :)

    RPG Superstar 2012

    Inbetween freelance assignments, I got to finish Stranger Things. It was quite good. I'm looking forward to the eventual season 2.

    RPG Superstar 2012

    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Oh, and I managed to get a not-Friday monster done too.


    taig wrote:

    Oh, and I managed to get a not-Friday monster done too.

    NEXT FRIDAY AT GENCON!

    RPG Superstar 2012

    Patrick Curtin wrote:
    taig wrote:

    Oh, and I managed to get a not-Friday monster done too.

    NEXT FRIDAY AT GENCON!

    Yay!!!


    Any acoustic guitarists here? Barely used Squier (Fender) starter kit for $40, with case and box, or vintage Cort AF-550-ns that needs new strings for $30 (strings will probably be $13 for the set I'm looking at). Squier hasn't been used, seller of Cort says it's dinged and needs new strings but plays really well. Squier? Cort? For that price, get them both? Flip a coin?

    Silver Crusade

    taig wrote:
    Celestial Healer wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:


    I am slowly eating healthier too. Slowly. While mark can certainly note that I have had some fried foods on a special occasion, I have been using my BRAND SPANKING NEW RICE COOKER more, and today was fish and corn for lunch with cheerios and banana for breakfast(yesterday was much the same, but cheerios and two types of fruit for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and rice and vegetarian curry for dinner).

    I'm not skinny yet, but I'm trying. I'm also going to the gym with mom more and have toned my weakness treats down to fit newtons (easiest diuretic you'll ever eat!) and no more than two mexicokes a day. That it. Beyond that it's water, tea, and fruit.

    I am working an early shift for the second job today aND so I will be trying to make it to m2m to get some more curry for my rice cooker...

    Is this your way of telling me you want to go out for poutine?

    Wait, what? You have poutine where you live?

    Yes and it is amazing.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Doesn't NYC have just about everything? I still want to go to the Tim Burton themed bar there


    Celestial Healer wrote:
    taig wrote:
    Celestial Healer wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:


    I am slowly eating healthier too. Slowly. While mark can certainly note that I have had some fried foods on a special occasion, I have been using my BRAND SPANKING NEW RICE COOKER more, and today was fish and corn for lunch with cheerios and banana for breakfast(yesterday was much the same, but cheerios and two types of fruit for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and rice and vegetarian curry for dinner).

    I'm not skinny yet, but I'm trying. I'm also going to the gym with mom more and have toned my weakness treats down to fit newtons (easiest diuretic you'll ever eat!) and no more than two mexicokes a day. That it. Beyond that it's water, tea, and fruit.

    I am working an early shift for the second job today aND so I will be trying to make it to m2m to get some more curry for my rice cooker...

    Is this your way of telling me you want to go out for poutine?

    Wait, what? You have poutine where you live?

    Yes and it is amazing.

    Indeed, it is.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Treppa wrote:
    Any acoustic guitarists here? Barely used Squier (Fender) starter kit for $40, with case and box, or vintage Cort AF-550-ns that needs new strings for $30 (strings will probably be $13 for the set I'm looking at). Squier hasn't been used, seller of Cort says it's dinged and needs new strings but plays really well. Squier? Cort? For that price, get them both? Flip a coin?

    David Mallon plays the guitar. Send him a message and he might know the answer.

    RPG Superstar 2009 Top 16

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Speaking of breakfast, that brings to mind breakfast pizza, easily made carnivore friendly by substituting Gimme lean fake sausage with real sausage.

    The crust is made from croissant dough, the topping scrambled eggs with cheese covered in sausage gravy and garnished with chopped scallions or red pepper flakes if you so desire.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Treppa wrote:
    Any acoustic guitarists here? Barely used Squier (Fender) starter kit for $40, with case and box, or vintage Cort AF-550-ns that needs new strings for $30 (strings will probably be $13 for the set I'm looking at). Squier hasn't been used, seller of Cort says it's dinged and needs new strings but plays really well. Squier? Cort? For that price, get them both? Flip a coin?

    Squier acoustics are absolute garbage (their electric guitars and basses are pretty decent, though). Cort guitars are a little bit higher quality, especially older models. I'd say go with the Cort, but that might just be because I'm a sucker for Asian-made guitars. I'm not really a "gear nerd."


    5 people marked this as a favorite.

    They like to watch you suffer... (new kyton blogpost)


    Miracle of Sound binge...


    Drejk wrote:
    They like to watch you suffer... (new kyton blogpost)

    I am the eye in the sky

    Looking at yououou


    GOOD MORNING TREEFORTNAM!!!


    Another great night, another long day. 16 hours at the hospital, but it is Sunday, so hopefully the shenanigans will be at a minimum.

    Silver Crusade

    Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
    Mark Thomas 66 wrote:

    Speaking of breakfast, that brings to mind breakfast pizza, easily made carnivore friendly by substituting Gimme lean fake sausage with real sausage.

    The crust is made from croissant dough, the topping scrambled eggs with cheese covered in sausage gravy and garnished with chopped scallions or red pepper flakes if you so desire.

    Ooo..

    *takes notes*

    I don't know if I've ever had actual red pepper flakes, hmm... I do have Lord Byron's butt rub and sriracha though...

    RPG Superstar 2012

    Celestial Healer wrote:
    taig wrote:
    Celestial Healer wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:


    I am slowly eating healthier too. Slowly. While mark can certainly note that I have had some fried foods on a special occasion, I have been using my BRAND SPANKING NEW RICE COOKER more, and today was fish and corn for lunch with cheerios and banana for breakfast(yesterday was much the same, but cheerios and two types of fruit for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and rice and vegetarian curry for dinner).

    I'm not skinny yet, but I'm trying. I'm also going to the gym with mom more and have toned my weakness treats down to fit newtons (easiest diuretic you'll ever eat!) and no more than two mexicokes a day. That it. Beyond that it's water, tea, and fruit.

    I am working an early shift for the second job today aND so I will be trying to make it to m2m to get some more curry for my rice cooker...

    Is this your way of telling me you want to go out for poutine?

    Wait, what? You have poutine where you live?

    Yes and it is amazing.

    I didn't think there was anywhere in the states where you could get it. It probably doesn't help that I live in one of the most backward states in the country.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Bleh... It's too hot...


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

    Paizo and the Swedish banking system seem to have a hard time getting along with subscription orders. *sighs, grumbles, updates payment method a second time*


    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
    David M Mallon wrote:
    Treppa wrote:
    Any acoustic guitarists here? Barely used Squier (Fender) starter kit for $40, with case and box, or vintage Cort AF-550-ns that needs new strings for $30 (strings will probably be $13 for the set I'm looking at). Squier hasn't been used, seller of Cort says it's dinged and needs new strings but plays really well. Squier? Cort? For that price, get them both? Flip a coin?
    Squier acoustics are absolute garbage (their electric guitars and basses are pretty decent, though). Cort guitars are a little bit higher quality, especially older models. I'd say go with the Cort, but that might just be because I'm a sucker for Asian-made guitars. I'm not really a "gear nerd."

    I'd watch two whales humping before I got a squier acoustic... well, maybe not that, but yes they're s%*+.

    I'd get the Cort, if only because acoustic instruments sound better as they age. :-)

    If you can play it before buying that'd be ideal, but I'm old school like that.

    But I'm also not a gear nerd. :-)

    Silver Crusade

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
    captain yesterday wrote:
    David M Mallon wrote:
    Treppa wrote:
    Any acoustic guitarists here? Barely used Squier (Fender) starter kit for $40, with case and box, or vintage Cort AF-550-ns that needs new strings for $30 (strings will probably be $13 for the set I'm looking at). Squier hasn't been used, seller of Cort says it's dinged and needs new strings but plays really well. Squier? Cort? For that price, get them both? Flip a coin?
    Squier acoustics are absolute garbage (their electric guitars and basses are pretty decent, though). Cort guitars are a little bit higher quality, especially older models. I'd say go with the Cort, but that might just be because I'm a sucker for Asian-made guitars. I'm not really a "gear nerd."

    I'd watch two whales humping before I got a squier acoustic... well, maybe not that, but yes they're s!+$.

    I'd get the Cort, if only because acoustic instruments sound better as they age. :-)

    If you can play it before buying that'd be ideal, but I'm old school like that.

    But I'm also not a gear nerd. :-)

    That would definitely be some majestic and possibly destructive humping.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    "It sounds like two whales humping Dennis!" - Mac, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

    Silver Crusade

    Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
    Scarab Sages

    Patrick Curtin wrote:
    Drejk wrote:
    They like to watch you suffer... (new kyton blogpost)

    I am the eye in the sky

    Looking at yououou

    STOP READING MY MIND!!


    Ice Bear believes.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.

    CURSE YOU SWEET DELICIOUS FREE DONUTS!

    5,351 to 5,400 of 19,931 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards