Rampaging through Fallout New Vegas with Captain Yesterday


Video Games

351 to 400 of 1,890 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Half the replay value is trying a new play style.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I like to try different styles in games, next go around I'll probably go for a strung out sniper. :-D


Me too...The thing is, I get about thirty hours in a game or so and do thst.

I beat Skyrim only once, even though I probably put over 400 hours in it with five different characters pursuing five different paths with five different quest orders.

I say five, but it's more like twenty. There were five that made it past that initial thirty hour run.

New Vegas had four. My laser commando crit monkey independent Vegas guy, my brawler for the Legion, my NCR sniper, and Mr. House's Mr. Bomber.


I ALREADY have three characters for Fallout 4. I recreated Fitz (but with more of a guns focus), but ended up having a damn hard time due to early build choices and scrapped that.

Then I made Sir Richard Helmsley IV, a melee weapons based, no armor gentleman. Beat the s%*+ out of people with a nice black suit on and a trilby (which he can get away with because he's over 50). Relented on the armor when I got the Minutemen General's uniform around level 22. Snazzy AND extra Cha, WITH armor? Thanks. Lost his save data on swapping back to my old computer (I was borrowing/storing someone else' better computer, but they needed it back after a few weeks).

So I decided since I was probably getting a new computer soon anyway, I'd make a somewhat "fool around" character, and created Danger Havoc, a super-human with all 10 Special stats who crawled out of the Vault at level 24 (same level Sir Richard reached) and is determined to be the biggest a$&&#%+ in the wastes. Very mercenary, and he joined the Brotherhood of Steel for the swag. They seem to be a good influence on him. Crit fishing, VATS heavy, one-handed weapon based build (mainly laser pistols so far, Fusion Cells are the easiest ammo to come across just about). I use VATS a lot since my computer only hits about 20 FPS, and that makes aiming hard.


I use VATS a lot because it's fun, I can honestly say I would not enjoy Fallout New Vegas and 3 as much as I do if it didn't have VATS.


I like shooters, so VATS often feels like "cheating", but there's only so much of lasers passing through enemies harmlessly I can take. I'm kind of peeved that critical hits are tied to VATS in 4.


Whereas I hate FPS and feel, when in playing an RPG, my personal hand-eye coordination shouldn't matter if my character's is amazing.


Fallout Rampage Cap'n Yesterday wrote:

Does anyone else not use chems in Fallout games, I got addicted in 3 once, it sucked so I haven't taken them ever since.

brings out a soapbox, dusts it off

I also find that video games having addictions one of the stupidest ideas they've had, if I wanted to see the toll addiction has I'll go visit my cousin's grave, I don't need that b&@&@%%* mucking up my enjoyment.

puts soapbox back in the closet

But, rather than picking the one nit I have with them, I just don't take any chems beyond Stimpaks and their like. Just curious if anyone else does the same.

I only ever used chems when that sneaky suit from Big MT forced med-x into my system, also the only time i got addicted


thegreenteagamer wrote:
Whereas I hate FPS and feel, when in playing an RPG, my personal hand-eye coordination shouldn't matter if my character's is amazing.

i to use v.a.t.s mode a lot since unless i have an automatic weapon and at point blank range i can't hit the broad side of a barn

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

Yeah, the stealth suit was annoying that way. You had to drop all the chems you were carrying or she'd use them on you, including addictive chems and super stimpaks with their debuff. I think it was one more way she was trying to make you reliant on her. ;)


I just thought it was stupid it was medium armor. Can't use light touch with it or move full speed with tunnell runner and the stealth speed implant from Big mt, then I'm not interested. Pity, otherwise I'd have liked it, but it's either too weak defense for a tank or too heavy for a stealther.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I only got to play a little bit the last many days (stupid work! Stupid dishes!) Got to Ulysses, then got taken out a couple times, I'm starting to suspect I have to help take out all the ghoul dicks before capping him in the face(mask).


I was disappointed the stealth armor only gives a +5 to sneak. I miss the s%~~ in 3 that turns you invisible when you crouch, sure it took forever getting places, but at least I avoided all the ammo leeches like giant mega zord radscorpions.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I was way off on Ulysses, He didn't want help.

However, I got jacked on jet and psycho and whatever else I had, got a few easy shots on him from the loading bay with a sniper rifle, then as soon as I got swarmed by the ghoul f@#!heads I switched to Annabelle and her 49 missiles and let slip the ducks of war, it was truly an epic rampage!

When it was all over I'd used 26 Stimpaks, a bunch more chems, just to be safe, some fixer to even things out, and 48 missiles.

Rampage!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That sounds pretty damn epic.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Fallout Rampage Cap'n Yesterday wrote:

I was way off on Ulysses, He didn't want help.

However, I got jacked on jet and psycho and whatever else I had, got a few easy shots on him from the loading bay with a sniper rifle, then as soon as I got swarmed by the ghoul f%!!heads I switched to Annabelle and her 49 missiles and let slip the ducks of war, it was truly an epic rampage!

When it was all over I'd used 26 Stimpaks, a bunch more chems, just to be safe, some fixer to even things out, and 48 missiles.

Rampage!!!

So after everything was said and done there was one Courier left, with one missile...


It was pretty fun, wasn't quite up to walking into the concentration camp filled with radioactive ghouls in the bayou in Fallout 3 with no pretence of stealth and unloading 3 Mininukes and a dozen missiles without getting a single scratch.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Fallout Rampage Cap'n Yesterday wrote:

I was way off on Ulysses, He didn't want help.

However, I got jacked on jet and psycho and whatever else I had, got a few easy shots on him from the loading bay with a sniper rifle, then as soon as I got swarmed by the ghoul f%!!heads I switched to Annabelle and her 49 missiles and let slip the ducks of war, it was truly an epic rampage!

When it was all over I'd used 26 Stimpaks, a bunch more chems, just to be safe, some fixer to even things out, and 48 missiles.

Rampage!!!

So after everything was said and done there was one Courier left, with one missile...

*gasp* Just like the old gypsy woman said!


It should be noted, I hadn't found the storm trooper armor yet and was wearing mere scraps of my armor I'd bought at the first commissary.


Next time, I'm aiming it at Caesar.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Of course, now I have an image of my guy in tattered armor, needles protruding from various veins (the one sticking out his neck the most obvious) arm veins popping out, holding his missile launcher, now nearly devoid of payload, standing amidst mutilated bodies, decimated robots, and goo puddles everywhere.


Note to self: name next person Duke (or Dottie) Nuke'em.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Man we look bad ass, me, in my storm trooper duster armor rocking a high caliber rifle, Veronica rocking her deathfist, wearing power armor, and ED-E ready to plasma blast everything in range.

Might just go take out those Deathclaws north of Good Springs, but not until after my daughter's winter music concert.... I'd rather stay with the Deathclaws I think.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Did you stop the missile or let it fly at someone? Or did you aim it at the winter concert? (Not at your daughter of course.)


No, just toughed my way through the concert. :-)

It was tough, I almost launched it towards Caesar, in fact I originally told ED-E that's what we were doing, but alas ED-E's sad beeping and my own nature made me cancel the launch.

Next time, things will be different...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The concert wasn't too bad, they're in middle school now, so you can actually tell what they're playing. :-)


Also I know it was a rail roady slog with entirely too much exposition, but I rather liked Lonesome Road, and found it's end very satisfying.

Ulysses is still a delusional a%##!#+ tho, that never changes.


Happy trails, here I come.


Have fun in Zion. The prettiest place in New Vegas. And a damn good storyline.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Beware the Burned Man.


Burned? I thought he was singed?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Tomato, Tomato, he will still oneshot a b#*+*.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fallout Rampage Cap'n Yesterday wrote:
Ulysses is still a delusional a##$%@+ tho, that never changes.

That, and war. War never changes.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32, RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I absolutely love the storyline in Honest Hearts. It's great to see two people both trying to make the right choice in a tough situation, and it's rare to see devoutly religious characters handled so respectfully*. There's also a lot of great backstory with Joshua Graham, and a ton of great loot. It's my favorite DLC by far.

*I absolutely hated the Angela + Diego side quest in Fallout 3, where you help a girl kinda-sorta date rape her priest-in-training crush, chemically coercing him with ant queen pheromones to break his vow of chastity, and you get good karma for it. WTF?!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
RainyDayNinja wrote:
*I absolutely hated the Angela + Diego side quest in Fallout 3, where you help a girl kinda-sorta date rape her priest-in-training crush, chemically coercing him with ant queen pheromones to break his vow of chastity, and you get good karma for it. WTF?!

Alternately, you can just lie to the priest and get him expelled, at which point he agrees to marry her... but it's still skeevy, since Diego doesn't waver, you basically just zipline him out of the priesthood.

Stuff like that is why Fallout 3 remains a long, long way behind New Vegas in my affections.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

But...but Love is more important than belief, right? (Hate the Hollywood conception that such infatuated BS is even called love. Love is putting someone else ahead of yourself, and date raping or lying to get them expelled from something they're deeply devoted to is NOT that!)

Yeah, I blocked out forgot about that part. Ugh.


Yeah, I thought Joshua was awesome. Atoning from his sins in the only way he knew how: kickin' @$$!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Yeah, I thought Joshua was awesome. Atoning from his sins in the only way he knew how: kickin' @$$!

I just wish he would let me kick some ass too. He even gives you an awesome perk while he's with you!

That you will never get to use.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I never did the date raping priest angle in Fallout 3, I assume it's a Rivet City thing, I never did much in Rivet City, too claustrophobic in there for me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Joshua Graham is amazing... especially if you put some spare power armor on him! And let's just face it, he has some of the coolest lines in the game.

Daniel was a nice enough guy, if a bit naive. I almost always sided with Graham apart from when I made my hippy drug addict with 10 INT and CHA who talked her way out of most situations (And, in the case of Benny, slept her way through that one, then proceeded to knife him in his sleep... PEACE AND LOVE!).

I read the story of the survivor from the terminals and his last note and felt a little melancholy after reading it. That's some deep stuff... the 'gritty parts of your soul' stuff. Reminds me of what the old man said on Pet Cemetery about "A man's heart is stonier, Lewis..." and all that jazz.


Truth be told, Fallout: New Vegas is almost unmatched in those deep, melancholy moments, particularly in the DLCs. As far as RPGs, Fallout 4 has it beat, but that's only because it has some The Last of Us-type moments.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
I never did the date raping priest angle in Fallout 3, I assume it's a Rivet City thing, I never did much in Rivet City, too claustrophobic in there for me.

Given the people you meet and deal with in FO3?

I say let the Enclave claim the Capitol Wasteland, and then, in New Vegas, send the Legion heading east.

Whoever prevails will be in no shape to trouble anyone for quite some time... well, I mean, the Legion have a lot of ground they'll need to cover, but they're persistent lads.


Divinitus wrote:
Joshua Graham is amazing... especially if you put some spare power armor on him! And let's just face it, he has some of the coolest lines in the game.

How do you do that? If you try to open up his inventory he's just like "Nope". Only companion that does that.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

I think NV--and Obsidian--in general did a better job with some moral dilemmas and such.

I'm actually glad Fallout 4 did away with karma though because both NV and 3 had you earn or lose karma for some dumbass stuff. I'd rather be my own moral compass---I'm cool with companions liking or not liking stuff I do, and I think that's a more interesting "gauge" for how others perceive your actions.

It's good to not fire the missile at anything because it earns you Brotherhood affinity and that...

Spoiler:
Means if you decide to blow them up later, there's a good chance your affinity will still be high enough Veronica won't leave you. Without the boost, she still might not leave you, but anything helps.

That said, I also at some point have an unfinished playthrough where I also plan to drop the bomb on the Legion.

Honest Hearts never fully "wowed" me but it's a good story and really cool playthrough. I've sided with Daniel once (my PC who generally avoided a fight if she could) and with Graham, but talked him down at the end.


Fallout Rampage Cap'n Yesterday wrote:

Man we look bad ass, me, in my storm trooper duster armor rocking a high caliber rifle, Veronica rocking her deathfist, wearing power armor, and ED-E ready to plasma blast everything in range.

Might just go take out those Deathclaws north of Good Springs, but not until after my daughter's winter music concert.... I'd rather stay with the Deathclaws I think.

so you found the elite riot armor finally?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Yeah, after I took out what's his face, I went back for a better look around.


captain yesterday wrote:
Yeah, after I took out what's his face, I went back for a better look around.

sweet armor isn't it


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Green Tea Gamer wrote:
How do you do that? If you try to open up his inventory he's just like "Nope". Only companion that does that.

It's a glitch that you can exploit on the console versions. Not sure if you can do it on PC though, as I have never played the PC version.


Blackvial wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Yeah, after I took out what's his face, I went back for a better look around.
sweet armor isn't it

yeah, it's pretty sweet, it took some work wearing the armor and carrying enough explosives to Zion, but I got it all worked out.


Looking for those stupid lunchboxes at the g*%@!%n General store.

As you can tell from my tone, I'm not having (fun) success, found the one in the safe, but no others, and I got locked out of the terminal (I'm terrible at guessing passwords).

351 to 400 of 1,890 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Video Games / Rampaging through Fallout New Vegas with Captain Yesterday All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.