>>Ask ANY of Captain Yesterday's aliases whatever you want, except that one thing (you know what it is!!)<<


Off-Topic Discussions

201 to 250 of 549 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well someone had to make it up, last I knew words didn't just float out of space like Flumphs, or did they? Perhaps we're all just cogs in a grand alien propaganda campaign...

Edit: D'oh! Forgot to quote again! Well, I'm not doing it over:-)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Yesterday Divided by Zero wrote:
Belle Leighn wrote:
Life Sized Cap'n Yesterday prop wrote:
Señor Vorpal Kickass'o wrote:
Incidentally, I call them "kwill-poth" usually, but I have done "klip-poth" too.
That's the great thing about made up words, everyone is right:-D

Technically Qlippoth isn't a made up word...

Unfortunately it doesn't provide English phonetics and the different transliterated spellings could indicate different acceptable non-Hebrew pronunciations.

Well someone had to make it up, last I knew words didn't just float out of space like Flumphs, or did they? Perhaps we're all just cogs in a grand alien propaganda campaign...

Edit: D'oh! Forgot to quote again! Well, I'm not doing it over:-)

Did it for you =)

The word's literal translation is 'Husk' or 'Peel' or 'Shed Skin', so it was probably at least in some part a normal part of language that was co-opted for use in this metaphorical/religious context. In that sense, it's as "made up" as any word in any language - by which I mean since we still only have immensely fragmentary knowledge of how languages originally developed (barring religious or mythological sources such as the Tower of Babel story, etc.), it doesn't tend to fall under the umbrella of what we usually mean by "made up words". =)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Touche!

Edit: thanks also, that's all very interesting, I learned something new today, now I can mail it in the rest of the day:-D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Belle Leighn wrote:
Cap'n Yesterday Divided by Zero wrote:
Belle Leighn wrote:
Life Sized Cap'n Yesterday prop wrote:
Señor Vorpal Kickass'o wrote:
Incidentally, I call them "kwill-poth" usually, but I have done "klip-poth" too.
That's the great thing about made up words, everyone is right:-D

Technically Qlippoth isn't a made up word...

Unfortunately it doesn't provide English phonetics and the different transliterated spellings could indicate different acceptable non-Hebrew pronunciations.

Well someone had to make it up, last I knew words didn't just float out of space like Flumphs, or did they? Perhaps we're all just cogs in a grand alien propaganda campaign...

Edit: D'oh! Forgot to quote again! Well, I'm not doing it over:-)

Did it for you =)

The word's literal translation is 'Husk' or 'Peel' or 'Shed Skin', so it was probably at least in some part a normal part of language that was co-opted for use in this metaphorical/religious context. In that sense, it's as "made up" as any word in any language - by which I mean since we still only have immensely fragmentary knowledge of how languages originally developed (barring religious or mythological sources such as the Tower of Babel story, etc.), it doesn't tend to fall under the umbrella of what we usually mean by "made up words". =)

Yup, that was us.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rosetta Stone, Flumph Educator wrote:
Belle Leighn wrote:
Cap'n Yesterday Divided by Zero wrote:
Belle Leighn wrote:
Life Sized Cap'n Yesterday prop wrote:
Señor Vorpal Kickass'o wrote:
Incidentally, I call them "kwill-poth" usually, but I have done "klip-poth" too.
That's the great thing about made up words, everyone is right:-D

Technically Qlippoth isn't a made up word...

Unfortunately it doesn't provide English phonetics and the different transliterated spellings could indicate different acceptable non-Hebrew pronunciations.

Well someone had to make it up, last I knew words didn't just float out of space like Flumphs, or did they? Perhaps we're all just cogs in a grand alien propaganda campaign...

Edit: D'oh! Forgot to quote again! Well, I'm not doing it over:-)

Did it for you =)

The word's literal translation is 'Husk' or 'Peel' or 'Shed Skin', so it was probably at least in some part a normal part of language that was co-opted for use in this metaphorical/religious context. In that sense, it's as "made up" as any word in any language - by which I mean since we still only have immensely fragmentary knowledge of how languages originally developed (barring religious or mythological sources such as the Tower of Babel story, etc.), it doesn't tend to fall under the umbrella of what we usually mean by "made up words". =)

Yup, that was us.

You got the bard talking linguistics, you have no one to blame but yourself ;)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

There's a reason we're only CR 1 I guess.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh Lord.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
clobberella wrote:
Oh Lord.

You rang!

Sorry I had to put down a rebellion thru one of our Stargates, Oh! Damn it! There's another one, I'll be right back.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I knew Ancient Egypt was evil!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cats make the best propagandists, no one ever says no to a cat.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Mew!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I want to make a troll joke so bad in the RAW Giantslayer thread but I want to see if FatR eventually tears into himself:-D


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Runs off to thread drooling in anticipation


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Is it convention time?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Quiet Riot Rules!!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

System Overload!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You just need to cry it out, you'll feel much better.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Working 8 hours today, at least I get off at 6, had to be the muscle for the free Lego building event, which means I stand there looking like a bad ass with my arms folded as all the kids heckle me, but at least I don't have to wear the giraffe get up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Automated Troll Detector wrote:
System Overload!

That's because you haven't accepted Randy Rhoads as your God.

Ozzy!!!!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Speaking of Ozzy, remember when he did the duet with Lita Ford :-)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Good news everybody!

My young aspiring super spy-veterinarian got an A in science, and a B in language arts.

Both high water marks for her and both greatly earned, we're very proud of her.

I guess I can give her puppy back to her.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I might have to start arguing with myself, just to give me something to do while I walk the dog.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We don't think that's a healthy thing to do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You're not my supervisor!!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It really is boring walking a Beagle, you walk 10 feet, brain sniff spot for 5 minutes, walk 10 feet, brain sniff another spot, and so on, if I'm lucky we'll sniff a raccoon (because it's night) that has already doubled back and is following and laughing at us.

But I doubt it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sterling Archer, Effortless Spy wrote:
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants!

I can solve your Ant problem.

I should warn you though, it won't get better, after it gets worse.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

It really is boring walking a Beagle, you walk 10 feet, brain sniff spot for 5 minutes, walk 10 feet, brain sniff another spot, and so on, if I'm lucky we'll sniff a raccoon (because it's night) that has already doubled back and is following and laughing at us.

But I doubt it.

You know you can train that out of him. Whether he poops or not, always make the walk the same amount of time. Always give him like one minute to sniff a given spot. He does it because he can. It isn't easy, and it takes a while, but after a year or so my dog learned the drill...if that door is open you have t-minus two minutes to mark a tree or two and drop a deuce, and if you don't, you aren't getting another chance for several hours.

Eventually it got to where I could open the door, he'd run out, do his thing, and run back in full speed on his own in under two minutes. (Because I also used to race him home after he squatted, because he loved to run, so it encourages him to do so faster.)

*sigh* I miss that dog. He died a few years ago. Lived like 16 years.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Good job on the Archer alias, i'd actually been stuck on what his title should be for quite some time:-)

Beagles are actually master manipulators that rival any Cat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hmm, i get the computer to myself

should i watch The Blair Witch Project for the first time or World War Z for the first time?

decisions, decisions.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Operant conditioning and classical conditioning, cap. Keep it up, drag them if you have to, eventually they form the association. Behavioral psychology is REALLY useful with animals.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
El Nino Winter Cap'n Yesterday wrote:

Hmm, i get the computer to myself

should i watch The Blair Witch Project for the first time or World War Z for the first time?

decisions, decisions.

WWZ isn't the book by far, but it's legitimately the scariest thing I saw in theaters in at least a decade.

Never saw Blair Witch.

I don't actually like scary movies, by the way, but I still enjoyed WWZ despite that. I actually liked it better than the book. The scene in Jerusalem with the wall about had me drop a deuce in my seat. You'll see...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I for one am absolutely peeved that you, Captain Yesderday, have robbed me of my rightful credit.

Way back on August 11, I suggested a thread called " >>Ask *Captain Yesterday* to make aliases based on ALL your questions here!<<"
You said you didn't like the idea, since you only make aliases spontaneously, so I didn't make the thread.

Then, a whole four days later, thegreenteagamer made just the thread I had previously suggested, in spite of your rejection of my idea.

In the OP of THIS thread, though, you say

Captain Yesterday, Credit Denier wrote:
First of all Thegreenlanterngamer came up with a similar idea awhile ago but, truth be told, he had the format wrong and i get uncomfortable when people do things for me,

You gredit TGTG with the idea, even though it wasn't his idea! He stole it from me!

Moreover, I had the courtesy not to make the thread you said you didn't want, while TGTG had no such courtesy. Therefore, I deserve way, way more credit than TGTG!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
theblackcoffeegamer wrote:

I for one am absolutely peeved that you, Captain Yesderday, have robbed me of my rightful credit.

Way back on August 11, I suggested a thread called " >>Ask *Captain Yesterday* to make aliases based on ALL your questions here!<<"
You said you didn't like the idea, since you only make aliases spontaneously, so I didn't make the thread.

Then, a whole four days later, thegreenteagamer made just the thread I had previously suggested, in spite of your rejection of my idea.

In the OP of THIS thread, though, you say

Captain Yesterday, Credit Denier wrote:
First of all Thegreenlanterngamer came up with a similar idea awhile ago but, truth be told, he had the format wrong and i get uncomfortable when people do things for me,

You gredit TGTG with the idea, even though it wasn't his idea! He stole it from me!

Moreover, I had the courtesy not to make the thread you said you didn't want, while TGTG had no such courtesy. Therefore, I deserve way, way more credit than TGTG!

You have felt pain. You can never go back to the time before you felt the pure, spectacular awesomeness of pain!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
PC that Loves Pain wrote:
theblackcoffeegamer wrote:

I for one am absolutely peeved that you, Captain Yesderday, have robbed me of my rightful credit.

Way back on August 11, I suggested a thread called " >>Ask *Captain Yesterday* to make aliases based on ALL your questions here!<<"
You said you didn't like the idea, since you only make aliases spontaneously, so I didn't make the thread.

Then, a whole four days later, thegreenteagamer made just the thread I had previously suggested, in spite of your rejection of my idea.

In the OP of THIS thread, though, you say

Captain Yesterday, Credit Denier wrote:
First of all Thegreenlanterngamer came up with a similar idea awhile ago but, truth be told, he had the format wrong and i get uncomfortable when people do things for me,

You gredit TGTG with the idea, even though it wasn't his idea! He stole it from me!

Moreover, I had the courtesy not to make the thread you said you didn't want, while TGTG had no such courtesy. Therefore, I deserve way, way more credit than TGTG!
You have felt pain. You can never go back to the time before you felt the pure, spectacular awesomeness of pain!

But lo! I shall heal thine pain, for I am an Actual Healer!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

By the way, I have a question for any of Captain Yesterday's aliases:
What is your opinion on people arguing with themselves using different aliases?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'll answer any questions you want... later.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm for it!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Hmm, maybe after I have my coffee I'll let my dog answer some of these, he just got back from George Carlin's F##+ing G~!+@!n School of Motherf%!#ing Doggy Discipline and Vocabulary.


theblackcoffeegamer wrote:

I for one am absolutely peeved that you, Captain Yesderday, have robbed me of my rightful credit.

Way back on August 11, I suggested a thread called " >>Ask *Captain Yesterday* to make aliases based on ALL your questions here!<<"
You said you didn't like the idea, since you only make aliases spontaneously, so I didn't make the thread.

Then, a whole four days later, thegreenteagamer made just the thread I had previously suggested, in spite of your rejection of my idea.

In the OP of THIS thread, though, you say

Captain Yesterday, Credit Denier wrote:
First of all Thegreenlanterngamer came up with a similar idea awhile ago but, truth be told, he had the format wrong and i get uncomfortable when people do things for me,

You gredit TGTG with the idea, even though it wasn't his idea! He stole it from me!

Moreover, I had the courtesy not to make the thread you said you didn't want, while TGTG had no such courtesy. Therefore, I deserve way, way more credit than TGTG!

Oh sure, everything looks bad, if you remember it.

Except sheet cakes, those are magical moments that should be cherished always bro.

Anyone want some cake?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Great!

All the good healers were taken, I give Paizo 3 posts before they delete it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:
El Nino Winter Cap'n Yesterday wrote:

Hmm, i get the computer to myself

should i watch The Blair Witch Project for the first time or World War Z for the first time?

decisions, decisions.

WWZ isn't the book by far, but it's legitimately the scariest thing I saw in theaters in at least a decade.

Never saw Blair Witch.

I don't actually like scary movies, by the way, but I still enjoyed WWZ despite that. I actually liked it better than the book. The scene in Jerusalem with the wall about had me drop a deuce in my seat. You'll see...

I went with World War Z, a really good movie, thanks!

I don't really get scared by movies, except one.

I used to be a big fan of horror movies (and books and t.v. but my interest waned as the gore multiplied), i like the older stuff, which is hilarious because otherwise i do not care as much for older movies.

Nowadays i'm definitely a comedy aficionado, but i still have a weakness for gritty drama (i watched the entire run of Sons of Anarchy this summer, it loses steam after the third or forth season and just kind of goes around until the last episode, which i liked) or a mystery (FARGO! everyone must watch Fargo!!!) but mostly i like to laugh and that's my main stress reliever when i have a not as good day.

A wise old hippy i used to work with told me once "Every day is a good day, it's just some are better then others" he once had an I-Beam hit him in the head and spent three years relearning everything and you wouldn't be able to tell, so he knew what he was saying:-D a great man he is, i learned a lot from him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
theblackcoffeegamer wrote:

I for one am absolutely peeved that you, Captain Yesderday, have robbed me of my rightful credit.

Way back on August 11, I suggested a thread called " >>Ask *Captain Yesterday* to make aliases based on ALL your questions here!<<"
You said you didn't like the idea, since you only make aliases spontaneously, so I didn't make the thread.

Very true! so sorry, i remembered that after it was too late, i mostly called out an apology to Thegreenjacketgamer because i was kind of a jerk when he did do his.

But yes i should've included you as well, my apologies, i'm no James Jacobs at this:-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Operant conditioning and classical conditioning, cap. Keep it up, drag them if you have to, eventually they form the association. Behavioral psychology is REALLY useful with animals.

I like our dog just the way he is.

He's cartoonishly inept at chasing animals

He's been trained since we got him to track either of our kids, and has done so successfully up to 1.5 miles (walk Pea Bear to school in the morning, have him track her scent later, not always the same route)

And he's recklessly loyal, he once chased an intruder 3 blocks and up a tree, it was a drunk chick who had the wrong house (one of the perks of living on the edges of a large University:-D), still a good job.

He's the most disciplined beggar you'll ever find, just sits there and expands his eyes and sucks in his gut, never pushy, doesn't grab your food if you turn your head or leave the room for a few seconds, he'll put a paw on the table sadly or stand on his back legs or other similar tricks, a real pro's pro. :-D


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Fallout Rampage Cap'n Yesterday: laser or plasma?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Fatman!

Or Rocket Launcher, Tesla Cannon, Frag Grenades, or my old trusty Combat Shotgun and Hunting Rifle.

Basically anything that causes the most devastation.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Believe it or not, this is the first time i've played Fallout 3 with volume, Moira does not sound the same as i thought she would, also love the Minefield score, and the wind!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

When is Tammy going to kill all of the other aliases and raise them as undead? (Notice I didn't ask if it was going to happen, simply when. You don't question if sunrise is going to happen, you simply ask when. Such is the way with an inevitable force of nature.)

I see Redbulljackandcokegamer as a ghost, attached to sheet cake, and only able to go to rooms where it is taken. The Clumsy Paladin, naturally, will end up a graveknight.

Holy crap, you have six aliases just for mocking me. That's dedication!

Anyway, noticing that causing a massive distraction aside, who will end up her inevitable vampire consort?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Maneuvermoose wrote:

By the way, I have a question for any of Captain Yesterday's aliases:

What is your opinion on people arguing with themselves using different aliases?

Until you've tried it, you might not realize how therapeutic it is to just let the different facets of your personalities just free associate.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dr. Strangegnome wrote:
Maneuvermoose wrote:

By the way, I have a question for any of Captain Yesterday's aliases:

What is your opinion on people arguing with themselves using different aliases?
Until you've tried it, you might not realize how therapeutic it is to just let the different facets of your personalities just free associate.

Also, it seems totally appropriate for a forum dedicated to a role-playing game.

201 to 250 of 549 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask ANY of Captain Yesterday's aliases whatever you want, except that one thing (you know what it is!!)<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.