[Frog God Games] The 7 Days of Halloween Are Here!!


Product Discussion

Pathfinder Creative Director, Frog God Games

The first day is up here.

Enjoy!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Moar! - moar I say!

Pathfinder Creative Director, Frog God Games

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Patience, young padawan. Today is but Day 2. :-)

Publisher, Frog God Games

1 person marked this as a favorite.

a different sale and update each week--some may have trick or tgreat puzzles!

Pathfinder Creative Director, Frog God Games

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Six more days til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween; six more days til Halloween...Silver Shamrock!

The 2nd day is here!

Contributor

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Heh heh...

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

ooh, I've been waiting for info on this since I first heard about it a few months ago.

Pathfinder Creative Director, Frog God Games

1 person marked this as a favorite.

And yet a third day has come. See it here.

Contributor

Yarp...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Basks in the unholy befoulment*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*starts re-reading Crooked in anticipation*

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Looks awesome. Is the Blight going to be full color?

Pathfinder Creative Director, Frog God Games

7 people marked this as a favorite.
lastgrasp wrote:
Looks awesome. Is the Blight going to be full color?

No, and we had to pay extra just to get the white included to make it black & white. The original manuscript came only in black, purest black...like the darkness of Richard's soul.

Pathfinder Creative Director, Frog God Games

2 people marked this as a favorite.

And speaking of darkness of souls and whatnot, here's Day 4. Bon apetit!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Based off the previews is that the design and layout you are using? It really looks good.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I love the what does it look/smell/feel/sound sidebar... bloody good work if that's through the lot of the book - it'll really help to make the setting come alive.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm working on a piece involving Shades, Greg. I was going to ask if you thought I should Channel Mr. Pett while writing it, but the mere thought caused a shadow to fall over my house, the neighbor's cat fled his usual perch on my porch and I believe I went insane for a few minutes.

The priest next door even made the sign of the cross at me, but I thought that wasn't out of character for him.

Contributor

justmebd wrote:

I'm working on a piece involving Shades, Greg. I was going to ask if you thought I should Channel Mr. Pett while writing it, but the mere thought caused a shadow to fall over my house, the neighbor's cat fled his usual perch on my porch and I believe I went insane for a few minutes.

The priest next door even made the sign of the cross at me, but I thought that wasn't out of character for him.

The cat has been eaten

Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mark Sweetman wrote:
I love the what does it look/smell/feel/sound sidebar... bloody good work if that's through the lot of the book - it'll really help to make the setting come alive.

Why, thank you kindly chap.

Every district has that Mark, I agree that it's really important to get into the place, the works of Jeff Vandermeer have that quality and it's something I've tried to pay homage too. It's also true of the AP that it plays on the senses.

Mnarrrrrrrrr!
Pett

Contributor

justmebd wrote:

I'm working on a piece involving Shades, Greg. I was going to ask if you thought I should Channel Mr. Pett while writing it, but the mere thought caused a shadow to fall over my house, the neighbor's cat fled his usual perch on my porch and I believe I went insane for a few minutes.

The priest next door even made the sign of the cross at me, but I thought that wasn't out of character for him.

And the porch


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Haven't had a chance to delve into the previews yet, but on the surface looks good. Is the Blight set within the Lost Lands?

Contributor

And thank you kindly for your interest, I love the way this is slithering very quietly onto the boards and been picked up by you lovely clever people. Let's hope small stones will become an avalanche and you fine folks were with it from the start here when it first birthed, heh heh.

In fact, I'm so happy that I promise not to eat any of you, unless the kickstarter doesn't do as well as I hope, then I might have to have a bit of a nibble.

Yarp

Contributor

MichaelSandar wrote:
Haven't had a chance to delve into the previews yet, but on the surface looks good. Is the Blight set within the Lost Lands?

It is indeedy Michael, check out the third day above for a bit more info on that score.

I'll also let Vaughan out to explain it more.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I hope we get a Jack the Ripper like character wandering the Blight...and if not that, then at least a whole cult comprised of them.

---------
I do need to work on my understanding of the phrase "and if not that..."

Contributor

The Crypt Keeper wrote:

I hope we get a Jack the Ripper like character wandering the Blight...and if not that, then at least a whole cult comprised of them.

---------
I do need to work on my understanding of the phrase "and if not that..."

Spooky, are you stood behind me reading Crypt Keeper....

I'll say the magic words and see if we can entice the slithery one out to explain Bloody Jack...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Richard Pett wrote:
justmebd wrote:

I'm working on a piece involving Shades, Greg. I was going to ask if you thought I should Channel Mr. Pett while writing it, but the mere thought caused a shadow to fall over my house, the neighbor's cat fled his usual perch on my porch and I believe I went insane for a few minutes.

The priest next door even made the sign of the cross at me, but I thought that wasn't out of character for him.

And the porch

It needed fixed anyway.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Richard Pett wrote:
It's also true of the AP that it plays on the senses.

The absolutely beautiful part of it is the Pavlovian response you can engender from PCs. They could be happily wandering through another part of the city... and all it would take is a whiff of burnt onions upon the air to get them thinking...

Pathfinder Creative Director, Frog God Games

1 person marked this as a favorite.
MichaelSandar wrote:
Haven't had a chance to delve into the previews yet, but on the surface looks good. Is the Blight set within the Lost Lands?

Yes, it is. It lies at the western edge of the continent of Akados. roughly due west of the Kingdom of Suilley on the Sinnar Coast Map but on the opposite edge of the Kingdoms of Foere.

Pathfinder Creative Director, Frog God Games

The Crypt Keeper wrote:
I hope we get a Jack the Ripper like character wandering the Blight...and if not that, then at least a whole cult comprised of them.

Perhaps you haven't heard of a fellow known by some as Bloody Jack Carver. He visited PaizoCon, NTRPGCon, and Pacificon a couple years back in an epic three-day game. Bloody Jack is one of the add-on modules that are going to be available with the Blight KS.

Layout and Design, Frog God Games

lastgrasp wrote:
Based off the previews is that the design and layout you are using? It really looks good.

I'm playing around with design ideas in the preview. It's not going to be exactly the same because I can do color with the teasers and not with the book. I think that I hit paydirt with the Agincort font (the fancy headline font) straddling the Victorian and Medieval feel, though. :)

Contributor

Mark Sweetman wrote:
Richard Pett wrote:
It's also true of the AP that it plays on the senses.
The absolutely beautiful part of it is the Pavlovian response you can engender from PCs. They could be happily wandering through another part of the city... and all it would take is a whiff of burnt onions upon the air to get them thinking...

I love and admire your devious thinking Mark, heh heh.

Pathfinder Creative Director, Frog God Games

The Fifth Day cometh.

RPG Superstar 2011 Top 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Some write horror to exorcise their demons, but Pett writes horror because he is a demon :).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Correction - Pett is a daemon.

Demons exist merely to destroy - Daemons are a bit more artistically nihilistic. As the PRD states clearly under the monster entry Pett, Richard
With each life claimed and each atrocity meted out, Pett spreads fear, mistrust, and despair, tarnishing the luster of existence and drawing the Earth ever closer to it's final, ultimate ruin.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cannot wait for The Blight!

I've got to find someone to run this on the boards here for me....a whole Pett AP. I can't wrap my head around it!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Gerald - I'm still planning on running 1-2 PbPs through the Blight. Just need to get the actual details in my hot and sweaty mitts first though.

Layout and Design, Frog God Games

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mark Sweetman wrote:

Correction - Pett is a daemon.

Demons exist merely to destroy - Daemons are a bit more artistically nihilistic. As the PRD states clearly under the monster entry Pett, Richard
With each life claimed and each atrocity meted out, Pett spreads fear, mistrust, and despair, tarnishing the luster of existence and drawing the Earth ever closer to it's final, ultimate ruin.

I'm pretty sure he's an Arcanaloth, specifically. ;)

Pathfinder Creative Director, Frog God Games

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Only 1 more day 'til Halloween...do you know where your children are?

They just might be here...

Naw, I'm just joshin' ya. That's just the latest update on The Blight for the 7 Days of Halloween from Frog God Games. I actually don't know where your children are. Last I heard they were waiting for you by the creepy van that was parked over there. I told them only one piece of candy each. Come to think of it haven't seen them since that van left.

Hey! What kind of parents are you anyway, leaving me to watch your kids in this parking lot? You don't even know me!

Sheesh! Some people.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Festering Brethren... *shiver*...

Contributor

Gerald wrote:

Cannot wait for The Blight!

I've got to find someone to run this on the boards here for me....a whole Pett AP. I can't wrap my head around it!

Heh heh, thanks Gerald. Lots of long troubled nights, screaming at the bars for Vaughan to release me have been worth it, and just to be clear, the whole AP is already finished, as is the gazetteer and districts...

Now I need to go and sharpen my beautiful knives again. Snick, snick.

Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mark Sweetman wrote:
Festering Brethren... *shiver*...

The Brethren are one of my favourites, I find the idea of a possible AP in the future, sponsored by them, as an intriguing option and one we could explore.

To be clear from the start and as Greg has mentioned, the Blight has been inspiring adventures for some time and I fully intend - if there is enough interest from you fine folks - to bring out adventures for the place as regularly as I can and demand dictates. I'd hate to see the gazetteer not be fully explored, and her dark alleys wandered. Obviously the lovely folks at FGG have to be happy too, but if there is a wish I'll strive to fulfil it. There'd obviously be tweaks and suggestions for taking it away from the Blight if GMs wish, to widen her appeal, but I see this as hopefully the first step on a longer project. Much like Your Whispering Homunculus, I can't imagine a time when the Blight doesn't inspire some dark thoughts, so if the place demands more adventures, it'll get them and spread its sickness.

Heh heh.

Rich


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Richard, it looks fantastic. Are you allowed say what systems it will be for yet? Is it pathfinder only?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

QuOzl - PF and S&W initially with a potential for 5th.

As sayeth the Frog:
The Blight is another BIG book, like our previous Northlands Saga KS that wrapped up a few weeks ago was. So initially it will be for PF and S&W. It will be in the queue for a 5e edition depending on the sales numbers of campaign-related 5e versions of books like the Borderland Provinces, for instance.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

thank you Mark. All the more reason to hope the Borderland Provinces kick-starter does well for 5e!

Pathfinder Creative Director, Frog God Games

3 people marked this as a favorite.

We would love to see the 5e market open up to our big books like The Blight and such. So far we've seen a really good response to our adventure anthologies (the Quests of Doom series), but it remains to be seen if they're looking for campaign material as well, like these big books. Fingers crossed.

Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Qu0zl wrote:
Richard, it looks fantastic. Are you allowed say what systems it will be for yet? Is it pathfinder only?

Huzzah Qu0zl, looks like those can walk about in daylight have already answered your question. Don't forget to get your free PDF tomorrow. Yarp.


Richard Pett wrote:
Qu0zl wrote:
Richard, it looks fantastic. Are you allowed say what systems it will be for yet? Is it pathfinder only?
Huzzah Qu0zl, looks like those can walk about in daylight have already answered your question. Don't forget to get your free PDF tomorrow. Yarp.

Blight previews look awesome Richard, though I still think that you're really Nick Logue in disguise.

Contributor

Hah! Nice one Tom, no, no truth in that.

Nic

Pathfinder Creative Director, Frog God Games

Day 7 is upon us at last.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / [Frog God Games] The 7 Days of Halloween Are Here!! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Product Discussion