[Legendary Games] The Hypercorps 2099 Kickstarter has launched - 5 Free PDFs, Phone App demo, and Cyberpunk Superheroes in your Pathfinder game!


Product Discussion


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Hypercorps 2099 Kickstarter has begun!


There are FIVE free PDFs you can download immediately in order to see what the project is about (and a demo for the Jarrikol Protocol phone app game!), but in short:


RULES
Hypercorps 2099 takes your Pathfinder game and lays onto it like Mythic Adventures, heightening drama and action while incorporating rules that make PCs into superheroes (or supervillains) in a cyberpunk future. For those areas of mechanics not ready to deal with certain concepts of these genres, there are base classes included in the book (notably the digi-savvy netjacker, and veloces speedster).


SETTING
The year 1876 saw the arrival of the first time traveler, his journey tearing asunder portals to other dimensions very different from Earth. Elves, dwarves, gnomes, and halflings spilled onto the world alongside monsters of fantasy and myth, sending the planet a tilt before the "demigrant" portals closed at the turn of the 20th century.

The explosion of technological advancement brought by planar revelations changes the course of history, though not entirely. The great wars are still fought, their armies led by national heroes (like the donnerkrieger in Germany, the dio uomini from Italy, or the US' radioactive super soldiers) or filled with troops empowered by technology and magic (chi specialists in China, Japanese soldiers wielding enchanted relics of their ancestors, or British fighters wearing dwarven-designed steam-powered battlesuits). Afterward the Cold War persists, now against the nearly-renegade bestial warlords of the USSR, the Wolves of Stalin, but slowly the xenophobism against demigrants fades as alter sapiens (as they come to be known) become more and more common across the globe.

At the dawn of the 21st century more portals open and close, but what crosses the planes onto Earth this time are nothing like the dragons and humanoids commonplace to the planet—these are dark, primal forces of evil from the distant past, foreshadowing for the darkness that pitches the world further away from the brief age of enlightenment at the end of the previous century. Unchecked scientific advancements (like the foolhardy launch of the Hypernet in 2054 or the rampant genetically modified-driven ecological upheaval in the world's farming belts) pitch the planet into a tailspin and just as it seems that humanity would destroy itself, numerous major businesses take unprecedented actions to vault them into national standing. These are the first high-yield profit extraterritorial resident corporations—countries in their own right that buy up land across the globe while undertaking bold new methods (often unethical or immoral) to gain influence and power over their competitors.

At the dawn of the hypercorporate age, the tachyon flux of 2076—the first successful time jump—has massive worldwide repercussions as true gods, demons, devils, and celestials appear across the planet. Earth has remained tumultuous in the two decades since, rife with megalopolises and institutionalized greed. Only the privileged or incredibly lucky ever rise in rank by playing by the rules of this new age of humanity, but not all. Some eschew the tenets of society and spit in the face of hypercorporate control, doing whatever it takes to accrue greater wealth: operators. Few of these freelance agents of destruction and subterfuge last long, but those that do find the balance of power in Hypercorps 2099 shifts most pleasantly in their favor—provided they are alive to enjoy it.


PLEDGE LEVELS
At $25 you'll get a PDF of Hypercorps 2099 as well as two additional adventure modules.
For $35 you can make it a softcover, or a hardcover at $45.
There are numerous contributor levels (from adding lingo, getting a character illustration, designing a character concept, and more) as well as pledge levels for retailers and the like.
Note that while Hypercorps 2099 begins with Pathfinder, as the project breaks stretch goals compatibility with more systems is gradually unlocked.


WHO
This is my world and project, though the folks helping me bring it to fruition are all proper game designers in their own right. Michael McCarthy, Savannah Broadway, and Luis Loza also have Paizo credits to their names, and among the list of folks on to write additional material as stretch goals are luminaries like Thurston Hillman, Tim Hitchcock, Howard Andrew Jones, Jaye Sonia, Scott Gladstein, and more!


WHAT NOW?
Get over to the Kickstarter page and check out the free PDFs then make your pledge! We are geared up to make an amazing book that will electrify players worldwide, but we need your help getting the funds to do it!


THANK YOU!
Thank you for pledging! Even if you can't pledge, you can tell folks about the campaign (and free stuff) and help us get the word out! Thanks for reading and either way—have a very hyper day. ;)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

And pledged.

One thing that I neglected to ask before despite asking it whenever something like this comes up. When it comes to technological weapons, particularly because of how firearms work in Pathfinder, touch attacks become much more common. I compensate well enough with third party gear and feats, and with monsters that have no other defense I start adding natural AC to touch attacks. It's worked out great but the fact remains that Str-based weapons and melee weapons start becoming obsolete. Is there any plans for strength based weapons to remain relevant in Hypercorps 2099?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Pledged!


Malwing wrote:

And pledged.

One thing that I neglected to ask before despite asking it whenever something like this comes up. When it comes to technological weapons, particularly because of how firearms work in Pathfinder, touch attacks become much more common. I compensate well enough with third party gear and feats, and with monsters that have no other defense I start adding natural AC to touch attacks. It's worked out great but the fact remains that Str-based weapons and melee weapons start becoming obsolete. Is there any plans for strength based weapons to remain relevant in Hypercorps 2099?

Yes!

1) There's the magic beats bullets rule in the Hypercorps 2099 Pathfinder Primer.

2) Because of hyper attributes and the associated abilities therein (particularly Strong Hurl) two of the most effective characters in the playtests thus far are Strength-based bruisers!

Mind you, guns and ranged attacks have played a big role too, but tend not to have the same kind of impact as throwing about construction equipment. You can do horrible things with gun fu though. ;)

Swashbucklersdc wrote:
Pledged!

Awesome! Thanks for your support, it will be paid back at least twofold! :D

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm really hoping that I can pledge at some point. This seems like a dream product.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have a few things to add after taking a relative quick glance.

With the skills couldn't knowledge engineering cover the uses of Knowledge technology? Same goes for Use Technology. In most cases in a setting like this everyone would get the technologist feat for free (except cyborg who already has it and would instead get skill focus) so I don't really find it a useful addition including when it comes up in other products, especially since I have to go through the trouble of determining who gets the class skill for it on a case by case basis when it comes to third party classes. With skills contracting or dividing its easy to universally say that if you have the skill being split you get both as a class skill and if you have both skills that combine into one you get the new skill as a class skill, but totally new skills make things difficult for me.

I'm not sure if vehicular control is as useful in the larger picture than having drive checks for propulsion types or interface types. Mainly because I don't think driving a psychic crystal hovercycle has a similar user interface as one powered by technobabble. Also wouldn't it be easier to make ride or fly checks with the technologist feat if there is the assumption that most vehicles have an intuitive user interface?

I'm not 100% sure I understand how power words work here.


Lorathorn wrote:
I'm really hoping that I can pledge at some point. This seems like a dream product.

It has been delightful thus far! Looking forward to your pledge! :D

Malwing wrote:


I have a few things to add after taking a relative quick glance.

Awesome! Thank you for the feedback! :)

Malwing wrote:


With the skills couldn't knowledge engineering cover the uses of Knowledge technology? Same goes for Use Technology. In most cases in a setting like this everyone would get the technologist feat for free (except cyborg who already has it and would instead get skill focus) so I don't really find it a useful addition including when it comes up in other products, especially since I have to go through the trouble of determining who gets the class skill for it on a case by case basis when it comes to third party classes. With skills contracting or dividing its easy to universally say that if you have the skill being split you get both as a class skill and if you have both skills that combine into one you get the new skill as a class skill, but totally new skills make things difficult for me.

You could certainly use Knowledge (engineering) to cover Knowledge (Technology), and while the Technologist feat is great, it's part of the Tech guide--you'll notice that in the beginning of the primer we've got a small blurb about "the Official Tech Guide". I can't directly talk about the Technologist feat within the book, I don't think. Otherwise I'm in agreement and wish that whole product were more accessible, but hey -- you do your thing in your Hypercorps 2099 game! :D

As for who should get what skills: are they nature/spirit based like the druid or shaman? Use Technology is not in class. Do they get Climb/Swim in class? They get Athletics. Simple as that. :)

Malwing wrote:
I'm not sure if vehicular control is as useful in the larger picture than having drive checks for propulsion types or interface types. Mainly because I don't think driving a psychic crystal hovercycle has a similar user interface as one powered by technobabble. Also wouldn't it be easier to make ride or fly checks with the technologist feat if there is the assumption that most vehicles have an intuitive user interface?

It has saved us time in Playtests thus far but is easy to get rid of if you don't like it. I get your argument about interface (and if you can hyperjack into something, not a problem in the least) but again there are some restrictions placed here, and using the Technologist feat isn't really in the cards.

Malwing wrote:
I'm not 100% sure I understand how power words work here.

They work here like they do regularly, we're just changing their uses per day and allowing the combination of effect words without raising the word's overall level. So you can force bolt while activating acid spray and it's one word spell that's 2nd level (the highest word of power in the array).

The ideal solution for those weird types (hypernauts) is to use the Spheres of Power system, and Adam Meyers (the fellow behind Drop Dead Studios) is on as a stretch goal to cover that aspect of the game. :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I can see setting things up to be transferring to house rules easily. My current ideas for house rules are;

Have Knowledge (engineering) cover Knowledge (technology) and Use Technology.

List OS under languages to represent competency with different interface systems.

Any reference to bonuses to Vehicular Control instead add to whatever drive checks you make.

Otherwise I think that you can use and reference the technologist feat. Its in the reference document and at the very least another Legendary Games product, The Cyborg, uses and references the Technologist feat as the Cyborg gains it for free at first level. One reason I was surprised that the Netjacker didn't have it as well.

I should up my backer tier because in terms of representing super powers Spheres of Power is more widespread, easy to use, more likely to be supported and easy to implement compared to Words of Power.

In regards to the Netjacker;

The BAB and HD don't match up. Is that on purpose? If it is, is he really powerful enough to have a d6 hit die?

My reading comprehension may be off on this one but what happens when a netjacker's drone or proxy gets destroyed?

Technologist feat, he needs one. It just feels weird that Cyborg gets one but he doesn't.

I'm disappointed that there's no upgrade that lets you be inside your proxy if it's a size category bigger than you. But I can understand if you didn't want to generate a Synthesist Summoner problem.

Was not expecting roboevolutions.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I was a playtester for this and I had a blast playing it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Malwing wrote:

I can see setting things up to be transferring to house rules easily. My current ideas for house rules are;

Have Knowledge (engineering) cover Knowledge (technology) and Use Technology.

List OS under languages to represent competency with different interface systems.

Any reference to bonuses to Vehicular Control instead add to whatever drive checks you make.

These all sound sensible. You'll notice a little love for coding languages in the beasties on the Hypernet document. :)

Malwing wrote:
Otherwise I think that you can use and reference the technologist feat. Its in the reference document and at the very least another Legendary Games product, The Cyborg, uses and references the Technologist feat as the Cyborg gains it for free at first level. One reason I was surprised that the Netjacker didn't have it as well.

We chatted about it and much to my surprise (understanding how to use the Tech Guide in products has been a little difficult for me, for some reason) we can. It's just..it's weird. Among the upcoming changes (which I'm getting notes for the layout artist on right now) will be adding Technologist and Craft Technological Items to the netjacker class. :D

Malwing wrote:
I should up my backer tier because in terms of representing super powers Spheres of Power is more widespread, easy to use, more likely to be supported and easy to implement compared to Words of Power.

Comparably it is much simpler, aye, and I look forward to the rules Adam puts together for SoP in the Hyper Score system. As is though I'd rather provide something I know folks will be able to find and reference for free (aka: on the PRD) than something that might require them to buy another product down the line.

Definitely stoked for hyper spheres of power.

Malwing wrote:

In regards to the Netjacker;

The BAB and HD don't match up. Is that on purpose? If it is, is he really powerful enough to have a d6 hit die?

My reading comprehension may be off on this one but what happens when a netjacker's drone or proxy gets destroyed?

Technologist feat, he needs one. It just feels weird that Cyborg gets one but he doesn't.

I'm disappointed that there's no upgrade that lets you be inside your proxy if it's a size category bigger than you. But I can understand if you didn't want to generate a Synthesist Summoner problem.

Was not expecting roboevolutions.

1) Yup. If you aren't using the netjacker in a game where technology is prevalent, it should probably go up to d8. Note added for layout to tweak the document to that effect.

2) The netjacker takes damage from physical feedback. It's least for drones, increases for proxies, and is particularly nasty if the netjacker is controlling the robot in question when it is destroyed. (end of page 3/start of page 4).

3) Yeah now that I know I can do that, definitely added.

4) I've got to save *something* for the final book don't I?

5) SHABAM!

Harvey P. Lovecraft wrote:
I was a playtester for this and I had a blast playing it.

You are a playtester for this! Next session is the 12th!

Harvey is the one flinging around construction equipment. You'll find his PC (of the same name) as a pre-gen in the Specimens in Centralia adventure PDF after funding ends. :D


In regards to the technologist feat, I think its because it's on the reference document. The Technology Guide was so mandatory for Iron Gods that they decided that the rules should be free rather than making you required to pay extra to run Iron Gods. The book itself is kind of weird as even though it's mostly related to how things work on Golarion it might as well be a bonus guide to playing future games so it might as well be a part of the the core hardcovers. So it went up on the reference document and was free so presumably its now part of the whole open source model meaning that we can jump on the bandwagon and make Mutants and Masterminds with Pathfinder rules.

Netjacker: Without Questworld/Tron/The setting of ReBoot/Wherever the Lawnmower Man lives/Wherever the Digimon live/The battleground for the Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad and VR Troopers/Hypernet the Netjacker seems to be underpowered since some of his abilities center around the 90's comic-internet. So I guess I understand the Hit die thing, although he's virtually (lol) a summoner that's missing a spell list. He has better summons/eidolons but with bigger restrictions so I feel like they come out a bit even. If he had a spell or pseudo spell list he'd be about even so with the hypernet he's on par so shouldn't he have a d8 in Hypercorps and a d10 when the internet isn't around? d6 just seems harsh for what he does which isn't what a wizard does.

On what happens when your robots get destroyed, I meant what happens after? How do you get a new robot if the ones you have get destroyed?


Malwing wrote:
In regards to the technologist feat, I think its because it's on the reference document. The Technology Guide was so mandatory for Iron Gods that they decided that the rules should be free rather than making you required to pay extra to run Iron Gods. The book itself is kind of weird as even though it's mostly related to how things work on Golarion it might as well be a bonus guide to playing future games so it might as well be a part of the the core hardcovers. So it went up on the reference document and was free so presumably its now part of the whole open source model meaning that we can jump on the bandwagon and make Mutants and Masterminds with Pathfinder rules.

Aye it's weird. I ended up eschewing it in the Veranthea Codex and just keeping the mecha pengu to the in-house rules for science(!).

I've nailed down the precise wording for the referencing and stuff with Liz and we're good to go (tweaked slightly from what the Cyborg PDF has).

Malwing wrote:
Netjacker: Without Questworld/Tron/The setting of ReBoot/Wherever the Lawnmower Man lives/Wherever the Digimon live/The battleground for the Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad and VR Troopers/Hypernet the Netjacker seems to be underpowered since some of his abilities center around the 90's comic-internet. So I guess I understand the Hit die thing, although he's virtually (lol) a summoner that's missing a spell list. He has better summons/eidolons but with bigger restrictions so I feel like they come out a bit even. If he had a spell or pseudo spell list he'd be about even so with the hypernet he's on par so shouldn't he have a d8 in Hypercorps and a d10 when the internet isn't around? d6 just seems harsh for what he does which isn't what a wizard does.

Having a creature(s) you can remotely control from afar doesn't sound enormously powerful on the face of things, but when you are actually playing and stuff, it can quickly become incredibly potent. Not because it means you'll do more damage (which is certainly possible here), but more because you have doubled or tripled that character's perception of the world (sometimes literally with checks). There's time a plenty to change it, but so far I've been comfortable with the d6. It also fulfills a certain thematic element I want (a strong motivation for netjackers to kind of keep to the fringe of combat, which fits the concept rather well). I'm thinking we'll have a proxy-limited more combat-savvy archetype in the final copy of the book. Probably two - one buddy/cop sort of deal and one for super suits.

It also makes it a less appealing level-dip, which is definitely a concern vis-a-vis the doubled-tripled perception. And to clarify when I mean perception, I'm chiefly concerned with more avenues for interaction with the game world. The amount of additional tactile control (not a bird that shares emotions or a thing that can only really go a mile or two away and function) the netjacker has in that way is unprecedented.

Malwing wrote:
On what happens when your robots get destroyed, I meant what happens after? How do you get a new robot if the ones you have get destroyed?

Oh! Buy or build a new one -- them's the breaks in the future! Costs are listed with each drone and proxy base model (cost = production; price is for when buying something), and now that I know we can say things like this, require access to a cybernetics lab or at least production lab to create. We'll have to add another clause at some point about not needing the Craft Technological Item feat for making drones/proxies (although I'm not positive that would be necessary, seems like a tech "item" to me and we should strive for clarity).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You folks are great!

We are over 2/3rds of the way funded headed into our first weekend! :D

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

What really interests me is the "Cyberpunk Superheroes" concept. I really want to see how far you can stretch the Pathfinder system to allow for Supers-style characters, even if we're limiting ourselves to (relatively) low-power Supers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lonewolf23k wrote:
What really interests me is the "Cyberpunk Superheroes" concept. I really want to see how far you can stretch the Pathfinder system to allow for Supers-style characters, even if we're limiting ourselves to (relatively) low-power Supers.

My playtesters have taken it pretty far! There's another base class in the works (a speedster called the veloces) because that's a little more difficult to pull off, but the words of power mechanics have worked well so far and Spheres of Power (by Adam Meyers - it's in our stretch goals) should fill any gaps left over. :D


2 people marked this as a favorite.

How I imagine the Netjacker.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Malwing wrote:

How I imagine the Netjacker.

I miss that show. I still have the baseball sports boy in storage somewhere.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DragoDorn wrote:
Malwing wrote:
How I imagine the Netjacker.
I miss that show. I still have the baseball sports boy in storage somewhere.

This seems like a viable, hyper thing to be doing! :D

FYI folks - we are a wee bit shy of 75% funded and 15 backers from unlocking the threshold goal for the pledge level that comes with a cyberhand!!!

I'll be on the #RPGNet chatroom tomorrow night (Friday 9/11) doing a Q&A from 8PM-10PM CDT! Please stop by and hit me with queries or just say hello! http://tinyurl.com/rpgnetchat


The Q&A was good fun -- you can read it over here. :)

Contributor

2 people marked this as a favorite.

This is intriguing... Basically, this is a SR mod for Pathfinder, which I would truly love. I must look into this. Thanks for posting this and the discussion... Yes, very interesting...


Chris A Jackson wrote:
This is intriguing... Basically, this is a SR mod for Pathfinder, which I would truly love. I must look into this. Thanks for posting this and the discussion... Yes, very interesting...

Serena Nelson coined it as "Shadowfinder", a wonderful term I wish I could use freely. :)

I do want to be clear: this is not Shadowrun with Pathfinder rules.
There are no Aztechnology blood mages in Hypercorps 2099 or a Great Ghost Dance, nor are the dragons giving TV interviews, running for office, or in charge of multinational corporations.
It is a fantasy cyberpunk setting so there are similarities, but we're in very different places (both because of design constraints and just because I'm keen on being my original, awesome self).

GMs who are keen to playing Shadowrun with Pathfinder rules will undoubtedly get a lot of use out of Hypercorps 2099 but I just want to be explicitly clear in that we are in no way infringing on the awesomeness that is Shadowrun.

This is totally our own crazy ship! Thank you for getting on board! :D


Speaking of terms, I dislike "Altered Sapiens". It doesn't roll off the tongue right and doesn't represent the early 90's action commercial feel I'm getting from this product or the products terms. Personally in my games I will be referring to them as "HYPER Sapiens". The deragatory term will be "Hyppies".

That said I'm not too concerned with the fluff other than understanding the product better or having a baseline for whatever I make up. I'm just one of those kinds of customers. I'm mostly excited because out of all the third party products I have, I have a lot of themes I can cover but one of the few holes I know of is super powers and the hypernet.

I do have a 'begging list' of things that I cant currently do that would fit in this section.

1. Can we have HYPER races? Like 40 race point races that would otherwise be broken. Because a lot of super beings get some of their power from being an alien or a mole man or something. It could otherwise be a part of whatever triggered your hyper event.

2. Any chance of getting a race that does not naturally have a body? Like an AI or intelligent item as a PC race.

3. Can we have tech versions of normal things? What I mean by this is a spell pda instead of a spellbook.


Malwing wrote:

Speaking of terms, I dislike "Altered Sapiens". It doesn't roll off the tongue right and doesn't represent the early 90's action commercial feel I'm getting from this product or the products terms. Personally in my games I will be referring to them as "HYPER Sapiens". The deragatory term will be "Hyppies".

That said I'm not too concerned with the fluff other than understanding the product better or having a baseline for whatever I make up. I'm just one of those kinds of customers. I'm mostly excited because out of all the third party products I have, I have a lot of themes I can cover but one of the few holes I know of is super powers and the hypernet.

I do have a 'begging list' of things that I cant currently do that would fit in this section.

1. Can we have HYPER races? Like 40 race point races that would otherwise be broken. Because a lot of super beings get some of their power from being an alien or a mole man or something. It could otherwise be a part of whatever triggered your hyper event.

2. Any chance of getting a race that does not naturally have a body? Like an AI or intelligent item as a PC race.

3. Can we have tech versions of normal things? What I mean by this is a spell pda instead of a spellbook.

We went around the block on what to call them for a while and even consulted a bonafide scientist before landing on alter sapiens. Your fix sounds like a workable one though and I like the turn of phrase with hyppies there. :)

Contributor backer levels get access to the working project files when the funding period ends.

1. Possibly? I think at that point you can probably eschew the whole race mechanical framework and just make a monster build (which you can give class levels to, and incorporate a special ability that has the same end effect as racial options).

2. That is a tall order but not an impossible one! Right now there are no plans for that included but I could see it being a backer-contributor thing (we did something that extreme in Veranthea Codex). Either way it'd be an interesting bit to write--AI/intelligent item culture, traditions, and so forth! I could sink my teeth right into that. :D

3. There are advanced wondrous items and weapons/armor. Specific items (like a spellbook PDA) can be made from that using those mechanics as they are currently written, I think (located at the end of the Pathfinder primer).


For #2 there, I had asked about something like that in another third party thread but it felt like something that would be interesting here, mostly because of the Hypernet. Because the hypernet feels treated like another dimension of sorts I imagine creatures spawning from clustered data or as a byproduct of complicated AI programs, so a race that was born in the hypernet seemed interesting. Think Digimon, ReBoot, Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad, ect.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Malwing wrote:
For #2 there, I had asked about something like that in another third party thread but it felt like something that would be interesting here, mostly because of the Hypernet. Because the hypernet feels treated like another dimension of sorts I imagine creatures spawning from clustered data or as a byproduct of complicated AI programs, so a race that was born in the hypernet seemed interesting. Think Digimon, ReBoot, Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad, ect.

I can certainly see something like that and there's some precedent for them being in the real world (there's a Robo-Rex CM prowling somewhere in Cleveland). It'd be a tad tricky covering a Hypernet-native race's stats (because mentals get doubled up for physicals in the Hypernet) but I'm sure we could get over that obstacle. :D

Speaking of obstacles, we've moved around stretch goals a bit and put the target for Spheres of Power compatibility a sight lower! You can read more about it in the update AND get a look at Nathanael Batchelor's current work-in-progress for the timeline section of the book!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We've got over $5,000 from 100 amazing backers, unlocking the cyberhands stretch goal!

If you haven't checked out the project and grabbed your free PDFs, please come by and consider pledging!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/verantheacodex/hypercorps-2099-super-c yberpunk-for-pathfinder-5th/

Thanks!

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4; Contributor; Publisher, Legendary Games

1 person marked this as a favorite.

With two weeks left, this project is within a whisker of its funding goal with plenty of room left to go, and the latest FREE PREVIEW PRODUCT has gone live here at Paizo and elsewhere! Come and get he Netjacker base class, 20-levels of radical robotic virtual-reality awesomeness!


I'm actually surprised that the project isn't going up faster. I guess I was just really optimistic about the concept and the described crunch but I feel like its something that fills in a gap that doesn't exist much. I've been picking up a ton of scifi material for Pathfinder and its really just three pdfs that I can universally recommend and that's it so I'm kinda thrilled that this one covers even concepts that those don't, namely the Hypernet and physical superhumans. That and the general love (although corny) that seems to be in the presentation of the product and that there were immediately preview products so that the project was well defined.

More than that in regards to 5th edition, almost all the concepts are absent so its way more useful of a product in 5th edition, and I imagine 5e players have enough money left over with their whopping 3 sourcebooks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Hypercorps 2099 Kickstarter has funded!!!

With 2 weeks left we have passed our initial goal and now we're on to break through stretch goals that include more content (by folks like Thursty, Jason Sonia, Scott Gladstein, Tim Hitchcock, and more), more artwork (and artists!), and more player options (like Spheres of Power support!) so stay tuned!

THINGS ARE JUST STARTING TO HEAT UP! :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/verantheacodex/hypercorps-2099-super-c yberpunk-for-pathfinder-5th/

Thanks Jason!

Malwing wrote:

I'm actually surprised that the project isn't going up faster. I guess I was just really optimistic about the concept and the described crunch but I feel like its something that fills in a gap that doesn't exist much. I've been picking up a ton of scifi material for Pathfinder and its really just three pdfs that I can universally recommend and that's it so I'm kinda thrilled that this one covers even concepts that those don't, namely the Hypernet and physical superhumans. That and the general love (although corny) that seems to be in the presentation of the product and that there were immediately preview products so that the project was well defined.

More than that in regards to 5th edition, almost all the concepts are absent so its way more useful of a product in 5th edition, and I imagine 5e players have enough money left over with their whopping 3 sourcebooks.

I was also surprised but hey, folks got priorities and some people are taking a little time to get on board: it's all good! Thank you for your pledge, interest, and support, although I gotta say that I don't think we were that corny in presentation! I mean there are some other cyberpunk videos *cough cough* that were wayyyyyy cornier amirite? ;)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Well with genres and tropes like these, corny is good. It at least shows the kind of love and care that only a parent that embarrasses their kid can provide. Not as corny as that video though. Oh wow, I was not prepared.


Malwing wrote:
Well with genres and tropes like these, corny is good. It at least shows the kind of love and care that only a parent that embarrasses their kid can provide. Not as corny as that video though. Oh wow, I was not prepared.

I'm glad the love and care we poured into the video (and project as a whole!) shows. About 400 people have watched it all the way through on the KS page (dunno how many on the landing page or YouTube) and I'm pretty pleased about the whole production. I nailed the timing on the static. :D

Kudos to the folks that made that commercial though. A+ for enthusiasm but yeah, nothing can prepare you for that video.


We're coming up on the first stretch goal (about halfway there) with 12 days left to the campaign!

I met another Kickstarter project manager in #RPGNetchat and we've done a bit of collaboration—you can check out the SPLINTER server in this update. Their game isn't Pathfinder but it is definitely fun; any science fiction fans should definitely check them out!

I'm also going to be a guest in a LIVE edition of the Know Direction podcast this evening! I'll pop in here and share details on how to tune in as soon as I can (likely very close to the 8:30 PM EST starting time).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The first stretch goal is unlocked! Now for cover artwork by world class artist CLAUDIO POZAS! (WARNING: amazing rough sketch of Robodragon ahead!!)

Also: I was a guest on the Know Direction Pathfinder RPG podcast (along with Drop Dead Studios' Adam Meyers and Total Party Kill Games' Brian Berg!) and the team for Hypercorps 2099 is doing a LIVE Q&A on Friday October 2nd! You can watch the episode or find more about the Q&A here or sign up for the event on Facebook!

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / [Legendary Games] The Hypercorps 2099 Kickstarter has launched - 5 Free PDFs, Phone App demo, and Cyberpunk Superheroes in your Pathfinder game! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Product Discussion