>>Ask Aniuś Talewise ALL Your Questions Here!<<


Off-Topic Discussions

251 to 300 of 322 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

If anyone mentions cold again I will burn this thread to the ground!

I have a certain amount of mental repression I need to maintain the summery lifestyle I've grown accustomed to, and you guys are f~*#ing with it!!!!

Silver Crusade

Chill, man!


LALALALALALALALALALA

I'm sorry I can't here you right now, doing summery things


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Make way! Make way! Preparations for Fimbulwinter and the coming ice age are in progress. We need to park the snow plows over here and put several metric tons of road salt in a great big pile over there. We should also ensure that we've got enough wood, charcoal, stove pellets, natural gas and propane supplies on hand that we can take care of people who might run out after the blizzards hit.

Oh! We also need a whole bunch of different styles and types of chains for people to put on their car tires. As well as bags of sand or cat litter so people can have some extra weight for traction in their vehicles. Not to mention all the ice scrapers that will be needed, and cans of pressurized alcohol to use for unfreezing door locks.

Darn! Almost forgot all the spare wool blankets that we need to have on hand just in case. Go ahead and pile them over there next to that guy sitting in the barca lounger not doing anything.


Oh go right ahead work your pretty little Slaad butt off, I'll just be Chillaxing in my soon to be 80 degree days again grilling a large slab of whatever that is and periodically beaching myself in the kiddie pool :-)


Also I'm pretty sure that's going to be my default alias all winter to keep the cold at bay :-)


Ceaser Slaad wrote:

Make way! Make way! Preparations for Fimbulwinter and the coming ice age are in progress. We need to park the snow plows over here and put several metric tons of road salt in a great big pile over there. We should also ensure that we've got enough wood, charcoal, stove pellets, natural gas and propane supplies on hand that we can take care of people who might run out after the blizzards hit.

Oh! We also need a whole bunch of different styles and types of chains for people to put on their car tires. As well as bags of sand or cat litter so people can have some extra weight for traction in their vehicles. Not to mention all the ice scrapers that will be needed, and cans of pressurized alcohol to use for unfreezing door locks.

Darn! Almost forgot all the spare wool blankets that we need to have on hand just in case. Go ahead and pile them over there next to that guy sitting in the barca lounger not doing anything.

You don't need to do all that. Just sit back and let it happen.


Redheads confirmed for genetic outliers

Wouldn't it be so stupid if we only categorized hair color in terms of blackness/brownness/blondness, and then in most cases completely overlooked the existence of redheads?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Redwhos?

:P


Aniuś the Talewise wrote:

Redheads confirmed for genetic outliers

Wouldn't it be so stupid if we only categorized hair color in terms of blackness/brownness/blondness, and then in most cases completely overlooked the existence of redheads?

What about bald people? Are they somehow less than human, not even rating a place in your scheme? Are you some sort of Savalasophobe?

:-)


Ceaser Slaad wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:

Redheads confirmed for genetic outliers

Wouldn't it be so stupid if we only categorized hair color in terms of blackness/brownness/blondness, and then in most cases completely overlooked the existence of redheads?

What about bald people? Are they somehow less than human, not even rating a place in your scheme? Are you some sort of Savalasophobe?

:-)

Bald people lack hair, not a hair color, I would argue. If they grew hair, it would be of the color they are genetically predisposed to have.

o:


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am grateful for ginger people. Without their noble sacrifices being pulped, juiced, and pasteurized, we would not have have tasty beverages like ginger ale and ginger beer.


thegreenteagamer wrote:

I'm referring to sex, not gender, and the biological ramifications of mental maturation, not societal stigmas. In that instance there's still only an XX or XY combination.

If you must insist, for klinefelter syndrome, biological hermpahrodism, or other genetic outliers, I dunno...split the difference with 23?

Just to be safe, 25 for everyone.

I was in a moderately successful guild in WoW, way back when. We had an 18+ policy for recruitment, though I regularly joked (not really) that if I had my way, it's be 25+.

90% the problematic people (unreliable attendance, drama) came from those who were 20 or under.

One thing that helped weed some people out was that we had a yearly guild event. We'd get together for a weekend, rent a very large cabin and party for 3 days. Since there was alcohol involved, you had to be 21+ to attend, plus it cost money and involved traveling.

If I had a lawn, I'd yell at kids to get off it.


Eric the Kitten-Bee wrote:
I am grateful for ginger people. Without their noble sacrifices being pulped, juiced, and pasteurized, we would not have have tasty beverages like ginger ale and ginger beer.

Forwarding this to my ginger friend with the lovely beard. I'm sure he will appreciate it.

Silver Crusade

@Irontruth: You have a right to your opinion, I disagree with what you say but defend to the death your right to say it, etc.

I just...man. What did we do to you?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You obviously stole his lawn, since he can't tell you to get off it :-)

You don't f!%* with a man's lawn and come away from it unscathed :-)


lucky7 wrote:

@Irontruth: You have a right to your opinion, I disagree with what you say but defend to the death your right to say it, etc.

I just...man. What did we do to you?

Possibly being so young they couldn't have all the booze they wanted lying around without having to worry about potentially getting busted for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Sometimes it's not so much the immaturity of young people that is at issue (because some of them can act mature) as much as it is a question of legal liability.

Back in the day when I was in the Navy, the rule was that federal law with respect to drinking age applied on base. Which meant that 18 year old service members could drink on base regardless of the fact that the drinking age in the state the base was located in was 21.

To me this made perfect sense. Give the younger guys a chance to get used to alcohol on base where nothing seriously bad was likely to happen. The alternative being that they could end up getting their first experiences with alcohol in a foreign port where the drinking age was defined as the ability to hold a glass, $20 US could feed a family of 4 for a week, the locals had rolling sailors down to an art form, and the younger guys hadn't had a chance to figure out what their personal limits were.

Then they changed the regulations and drinking age on base was altered to conform with the drinking age of the state the base was located in. In addition to the increased potential for the sort of problems noted above, now you had to keep careful track of who you were partying with on base as you could get nailed under the UCMJ for having alcohol with people who were too young. I found the entire situation, especially as it pertained to some of the people I knew to be ludicrous. Case in point was one guy, 20 years old, married, had an infant son, studying to be a nuclear power plant operator, but God help him if he had booze in his apartment. Bah, expletive deleted humbug.

Silver Crusade

I get that, it's more of the freezing everyone part.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lucky7 wrote:

@Irontruth: You have a right to your opinion, I disagree with what you say but defend to the death your right to say it, etc.

I just...man. What did we do to you?

Don't take it personal, you'll grow out of the age category eventually :D

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's also an issue of effectiveness: take Liono from Thundercats. Despite being frozen long enough to age him into his early-20's, he still had the mindset of a pre-teen.

Cryogenic freezing would not solve your problem (unless you have issues with short people, but I can't help you there.)


isn't the point of cryogenic freezing to halt metabolism? In that case, I would imagine that neither physical nor psychological growth would happen.


captain yesterday wrote:

You obviously stole his lawn, since he can't tell you to get off it :-)

You don't f!#* with a man's lawn and come away from it unscathed :-)

lawns are overrated. Homesteads all the way.

get offa my stead lest you're gonna tend to my crops! and dont take none of the pickin's for yourself, ya hear?

Silver Crusade

Are there any specific bands you enjoy?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Now we're on to something, what kind of crap are you kids listening to these days:-D

Edit: I'm kidding of course, I'm very interested in music, it's one of my specific paths of nerdiness :-)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I wouldn't know: I tune most of my peers' music out. Personally, I'm into 80s/90s alternative/punk (Burning Sensations, Talking Heads, Erasure, the Smiths, etc.), with a few time exceptions (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club) and guilty pleasure exceptions (ABBA, anyone?)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

That and causing the creation of 107 lichs named Tammy :-)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Er...I read the thread, but what does that have to do with ABBA?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I don't know, you're the one that Ninja'd me, maybe Tammy liked ABBA and that's what the final step to becoming a Lich was :-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

My guilty pleasures are CAKE folksy Bruce Springsteen.

Love SoCal punk, especially Bad Religion and Rancid

And don't get me started on how f*~+ing awesome Grunge is :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lucky7 wrote:
Are there any specific bands you enjoy?

lately I've been on an Adrian von Ziegler fix, especially stuff like this. In fact I woke up with this particular song in my head so now I'm listening to it.

I tend to be most drawn to folk/world music stuff, followed by cinematic orchestrated score for films and games, and folk metal.

And by folk music, I mean that I'm all about ancient, classic and modern contributions to musical traditions as old as the land itself. So stuff like khoomei is in there. the traditions with various forms of bagpipes. ormurin langi. banghra yes also, horsehairs on any strings not in the violin family, jaw harps, drums of stretched skin, and all so forth. Basically the music should feel like a window onto a world where the land is green, naked, full of gods and yet unmolested by this decadent, post-apocalyptic carcass of late capitalism and land theft. That's kind of a melodramatic, hyperbolic and romantic description, but you get the general idea.

(granted the land is still full of gods, they're just not exactly happy campers right now.)

Wardruna is my all-time favorite, when it comes to particular artists. They do a very spiritual Nordic music, to which listening to is a literally religious experience (as intended, honestly, being directly inspired by contemplation of the runes and so forth, for example the song I linked is about the letter F feoh fé *fehu)

But yeah music for me is about sensation, ambience and experience.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

What new thing have you learned today?


lucky7 wrote:
What new thing have you learned today?

not only was child abuse socially sanctioned in the 18th and 19th centuries, the writers of pedagogies were clear and straightforward about their methods and intentions.

Silver Crusade

Well, this thread ended on a happy note, at least.


such is life.

Silver Crusade

lucky7 wrote:
My "posts favorited" count has been upped significantly since you joined the boards, Anius. Why is that?

This was never answered.


lucky7 wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
My "posts favorited" count has been upped significantly since you joined the boards, Anius. Why is that?
This was never answered.

I like posts ad inifinitum.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
My "posts favorited" count has been upped significantly since you joined the boards, Anius. Why is that?
This was never answered.
I like posts ad inifinitum.

If that were true, you would have taken time to quote your own post...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
My "posts favorited" count has been upped significantly since you joined the boards, Anius. Why is that?
This was never answered.
I like posts ad inifinitum.
If that were true, you would have taken time to quote your own post...

...and quote it...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Green Tea Gamer wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
My "posts favorited" count has been upped significantly since you joined the boards, Anius. Why is that?
This was never answered.
I like posts ad inifinitum.
If that were true, you would have taken time to quote your own post...
...and quote it...

...and quote it...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
The CR30 Green Tea Demigod wrote:
The Green Tea Gamer wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
My "posts favorited" count has been upped significantly since you joined the boards, Anius. Why is that?
This was never answered.
I like posts ad inifinitum.
If that were true, you would have taken time to quote your own post...
...and quote it...
...and quote it...

...and quote it...


Good point.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Bees?


mechaPoet wrote:
Bees?

Indeed, bees.

(I actually think bees are pretty adorable for social insects)

Silver Crusade

Not the bees!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS EVER DONE FOR US?

Silver Crusade

Should we all be living under the banner of glorious Carpathia?


Hey now, let's not be hasty, I have many reforms... and kittens, which I'll kick on YouTube until my demands (tbd) are met!


Arcana Whupass wrote:
Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS EVER DONE FOR US?

What do you mean, sanitation? They don't even have SOAP!

What kind of an awful society doesn't even have soap? Dear gods.


lucky7 wrote:
Should we all be living under the banner of glorious Carpathia?

No, that would defeat the purpose of me being strictly anti-state.


Have you ever been in a roman city? There's s!~! and piss in the streets, everywhere! And when my business there was over I was already starting to have a sickness in my stomach that plagued me for a week.

Cities are horrible places and I never want to set foot in one ever, ever, ever again. To the wastes of niflheim with the Romans and their 'civilized' cities.

251 to 300 of 322 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask Aniuś Talewise ALL Your Questions Here!<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.