The Adventure Path After Hell's Vengeance ...


Pathfinder Adventure Path General Discussion

1 to 50 of 307 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Creating this thread in order to ask anyone going to GenCon to give us details on the AP for August 2016.

Many of us are not so lucky to go. :(

Contributor

Thus begins the anticipation. Do we know what day the AP is being announced?

Liberty's Edge

Friday at the AP panel, I believe.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

My money is on something focusing on bringing the new psychic magic rules into play, so maybe Vudra.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Galt!!!!!


What about ... "blood splattered revenge" ... your characters were horrifically killed by [insert methods here], resulting in [messy demises here]. [Campaign traits follow.] A ghost rider here, a [repossessed medium there], friggin' awesomesauce by the bucketload follows.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Galt!!!!!

Preferably in the style of Dumas and Orczy! I want the musketeers meet the Pimpernel kind of vibe if they do this. Intrigues! Romance! Action! Fancy lace cuffs! Starving waifs! Scary blades that give way too close a shave! Men being chased for bread stealing across the countryside! Outrageous accents and vicious taunting!

Okay, maybe don't overdo the accents and taunting.


James Jacobs said that this AP will be traditional so that pretty much restricts us to the inner seas region and eliminates out their subjects like the occult. So where haven't we been yet, and what traditional topics haven't we covered yet. I personally think that it won't be in Varisia since I think they will go their for the 10th anniversary.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Galt also seems nontraditional, as would something political involving Taldor & Qadira. Maybe something involving Five Kings Mountains and a great huge dungeon crawl to defend against an incursion from beneath? The deaths of five of the Seven Patriarchs of the duergar seems like an AP setup waiting to happen.


John Woodford wrote:
Galt also seems nontraditional, as would something political involving Taldor & Qadira. Maybe something involving Five Kings Mountains and a great huge dungeon crawl to defend against an incursion from beneath? The deaths of five of the Seven Patriarchs of the duergar seems like an AP setup waiting to happen.

That would be awesome.

But I thought the rumor was that James hates dwarves to the point where he hunts them down, shaves their beards, and then gathers large groups of elves to laugh at them?

It was on the internet, so it must be true ;)

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ridge wrote:
John Woodford wrote:
Galt also seems nontraditional, as would something political involving Taldor & Qadira. Maybe something involving Five Kings Mountains and a great huge dungeon crawl to defend against an incursion from beneath? The deaths of five of the Seven Patriarchs of the duergar seems like an AP setup waiting to happen.

That would be awesome.

But I thought the rumor was that James hates dwarves to the point where he hunts them down, shaves their beards, and then gathers large groups of elves to laugh at them?

It was on the internet, so it must be true ;)

Well, this would be an ideal AP to introduce the new bizarre experimental rule/sub-system for humiliating dwarves, wouldn't it?


John Woodford wrote:
Galt also seems nontraditional, as would something political involving Taldor & Qadira. Maybe something involving Five Kings Mountains and a great huge dungeon crawl to defend against an incursion from beneath? The deaths of five of the Seven Patriarchs of the duergar seems like an AP setup waiting to happen.

Something involving Qadira and Taldor would make me do a little happy dance, but last I heard that was in development hell because JJ and another AP writer had a little problem deciding where they'd want to take the story.

Specifically, James Jacobs wanted it to be about toppling the established order and forcing Taldor to break out of it's glory-obsessed past and become something modern, while the other writer wanted the PCs to be Imperial agents working with the Emperor to consolidate power, reignite the glories thought long past, and usher in a new era of Taldane ascendancy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

hope it's Kaer Maga

Paizo Employee Developer

3.5 hours until the announcement.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Numerian wrote:
hope it's Kaer Maga

That's Varisia again, though; I'd expect to see Kaer Maga show up in the tenth anniversary AP, but not necessarily before.


Adam Daigle wrote:
3.5 hours until the announcement.

Thanks for the heads up!

It's like a mini new years eve
or waiting to see a stork launched

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

I'm hoping for a Dark Tapestry/Dominion of the Black one. Other adventure paths have touched on it, but a full eldritch horror AP is the dream for me.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

If Adam's right, we find out in just under an hour.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

DISTANT WEEEERLDS!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

I hope it's something outside Avistan. Or if it's Avistan, I wouldn't mind going back to Ustalav.

But I have a feeling today might be captain yesterday's day.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It's going to be an attempt by the Vancaskerkins of Magnimar to seize the throne of Cheliax. Using mythic rules.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

If it's a third Cheliax in a row I may shoot myself in the head. :b

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Well, I figured I'd go for the trifecta of terrible--more Cheliax! Vancaskerkins in Varisia! And Mythic!

Contributor

Top three (vague) predictions:

1. Something, something Garund
2. Something, something Absalom
3. Something, something Mammoth Lords

They're just vague enough for me to claim to be right!


Please <insert deity of your choice>, let it be a Linnorm Kingdoms adventure path!


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Daigles 3.5 hours are over...

Contributor

Zaister wrote:
Daigles 3.5 hours are over...

Our hopes lie with the con-goers now.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

The question is anyone going to be as nice as I was a couple of years ago and actually live post for it?


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Strange Eons it is

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Got a link?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Need more!


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Know Direction

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

http://knowdirectionpodcast.com/2015/07/next-pathfinder-adventure-path-anno unced/

We will also have the full seminar recording posted on our site!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Tentatively hopeful.

Lots of travel sounds like we might get beyond Avistan.

Sounds like occult might be well catered to.

Quote:
Will explore new continents in Golarion!

¤#¤%¤%¤ YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

During the Adventure Path Q&A seminar, The Strange Eons Adventure Path was announced! This will follow the Hell’s Vengeance AP and will be available August, 2016.

This will be a very Lovecraftian themed AP. Focusing on the Old gods.

Will have amnesiac players.
Will involve a lot of travel.
Dreamlands may be explored, meeting famous authors of books, such as the necronomicon, etc…

Back matter will have a lot of lovecraftian details.
Will explore new continents in Golarion!


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

quoted from Perram


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Yes!

Take my money now!

Or did you already and I just don't remember it:-D


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I like it already. Great name!

Contributor

Ia, finally!

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I hope we get to kill Kthulhu in this one!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Excellent, thanks! (OK, the podcast is blocked at work, but the digest sounds very cool.)


Huh. I thought someone said that the next AP would be a traditional one. I suppose horror themes and Lovecraftian influences are traditional for Paizo, so maybe looked at from that angle...

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Evidently this is from Call of Cthulhu:

Quote:

That is not dead which can eternal lie,

And with strange aeons even death may die

Interesting to see the change from "strange aeons" to "eons".

Probably due to the outsider race they have, I'm guessing.


Justin Franklin wrote:

During the Adventure Path Q&A seminar, The Strange Eons Adventure Path was announced! This will follow the Hell’s Vengeance AP and will be available August, 2016.

This will be a very Lovecraftian themed AP. Focusing on the Old gods.

Will have amnesiac players.
Will involve a lot of travel.
Dreamlands may be explored, meeting famous authors of books, such as the necronomicon, etc…

Back matter will have a lot of lovecraftian details.
Will explore new continents in Golarion!

I must be one of the only five geeks on the planet who is just not that into Lovecraftian stuff.

That said, the exploration of new continents ? That I like, a lot.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Samy wrote:

Evidently this is from Call of Cthulhu:

Quote:

That is not dead which can eternal lie,

And with strange aeons even death may die

Interesting to see the change from "strange aeons" to "eons".

Probably due to the outsider race they have, I'm guessing.

It might not be remember Perram is typing what he thinks they said so we will see how it is actually spelled.

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.

wow... the AP no one was asking for. Why not just play Call of C'Thulu instead of getting to lvl 20 and curb stomping a Great Old One like a BAWS?


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
ZanThrax wrote:
Huh. I thought someone said that the next AP would be a traditional one. I suppose horror themes and Lovecraftian influences are traditional for Paizo, so maybe looked at from that angle...

That was the old standard of traditional in the spring and experimental for GenCon. They stopped doing that a few years ago.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

You're not the only one Ridge. One of the only things I don't like about Golarion is how often it goes to the Lovecraft / horror in general well. I like a bit of Lovecraft flavour in my fantasy from time to time (it fits really well into Mummy's Mask, for example), but there's too much of it in Golarion, and having an entire AP about it doesn't appeal to me at all.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ridge wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:

During the Adventure Path Q&A seminar, The Strange Eons Adventure Path was announced! This will follow the Hell’s Vengeance AP and will be available August, 2016.

This will be a very Lovecraftian themed AP. Focusing on the Old gods.

Will have amnesiac players.
Will involve a lot of travel.
Dreamlands may be explored, meeting famous authors of books, such as the necronomicon, etc…

Back matter will have a lot of lovecraftian details.
Will explore new continents in Golarion!

I must be one of the only five geeks on the planet who is just not that into Lovecraftian stuff.

That said, the exploration of new continents ? That I like, a lot.

Sorry, spelling corrected. Typing all this out on a phone.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Well, look at it this way -- if you don't like it, this will probably give them a chance to work it out of their system, so that they won't need to slip it in everywhere afterwards.

1 to 50 of 307 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / General Discussion / The Adventure Path After Hell's Vengeance ... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.