Buidling a Mystic Bolt Warlock


Ultimate Intrigue Playtest General Discussion

1 to 50 of 51 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Right now I'm trying to build a Warlock Vigilante based around using Mystic Bolts, and have been going through the forums to see which feats are useful. As far as I can tell, Deadly Aim and Rapid-Shot are not applicable, and neither would be two-weapon fighting unless one set of attacks is made with a different weapon. Point-blank shot and Precise Shot, on the other hand, are useful I believe, as would be Snap-Shot Chain and Weapon Focus (Mystic Bolt).

Does anyone know of other feats that would be useful for a Mystic Bolt Warlock (looking at building a level 6 warlock) or have ideas for level 2 or 6 talents that would complement Mystic Bolt? And when building a mystic bolt warlock, is going straight bolt best, or would using TWF with another weapon yield more damage?


I believe the non lethal spell talent works with mystic bolt so that gives your guy the option to set bolts to stun. Also, Elemental armor would fit thematically with the bolt user.


I don't see why Rapid-Shot wouldn't work when weapon focus (mystic bolt) does. Why would it be a weapon for one feat and not for another? If it's out, so is point blank shot, "You get a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet", and Precise Shot, "You can shoot or throw ranged weapons at an opponent engaged in melee without taking the standard –4 penalty on your attack roll."

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32

graystone wrote:
I don't see why Rapid-Shot wouldn't work when weapon focus (mystic bolt) does. Why would it be a weapon for one feat and not for another? If it's out, so is point blank shot, "You get a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet", and Precise Shot, "You can shoot or throw ranged weapons at an opponent engaged in melee without taking the standard –4 penalty on your attack roll."

Designer says no:

Logan Bonner wrote:
For the purposes of the playtest, you can't use Arcane Strike with a mystic bolt. It counts as a weapon only for the purposes of Weapon Focus (mystic bolt) and works like a weapon in the basic ways it needs to to work with attack routines (you can use it with a full attack and can two-weapon fight with it and another weapon). Most other feats and abilities that work with weapons or give bonuses to weapon attacks (including Rapid Shot) can't affect mystic bolts. Basically, only if something would apply to a ray does it apply to a mystic bolt (including Improved Critical, etc.).


What about using a melee Mystic Bolt to deliver a held charge from a touch spell like shocking grasp?


ChesterCopperpot wrote:
graystone wrote:
I don't see why Rapid-Shot wouldn't work when weapon focus (mystic bolt) does. Why would it be a weapon for one feat and not for another? If it's out, so is point blank shot, "You get a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet", and Precise Shot, "You can shoot or throw ranged weapons at an opponent engaged in melee without taking the standard –4 penalty on your attack roll."

Designer says no:

Logan Bonner wrote:
For the purposes of the playtest, you can't use Arcane Strike with a mystic bolt. It counts as a weapon only for the purposes of Weapon Focus (mystic bolt) and works like a weapon in the basic ways it needs to to work with attack routines (you can use it with a full attack and can two-weapon fight with it and another weapon). Most other feats and abilities that work with weapons or give bonuses to weapon attacks (including Rapid Shot) can't affect mystic bolts. Basically, only if something would apply to a ray does it apply to a mystic bolt (including Improved Critical, etc.).

Note he said "Basically, only if something would apply to a ray does it apply to a mystic bolt". I'm not seeing anything that prevents a ray from using Rapid Shot, so I'm taking him at his word. If there is a rule or a listing of weapon feats a ray can't work with, PLEASE post it.

Do YOU have any relevant info on what feats a ray can or can't work with? For instance bards inspire courage bonus applies to ray attack rolls and ray damage rolls. Why wouldn't Arcane strike work then? How do we determine what adds and what doesn't? Saying 'if it works with rays, it works here' isn't very helpful if there is no clear list of what does and doesn't work with them.


No not directly other than the devs who are asking us to playtest to playtest with the assumption that it's not valid i guess.

I hope they also cover if theres anyway to weapon magic them. via spell i mean.

==========
Elemental shield, and I think high dex, combat expertise, and the snapshot lines.
maybe bodyguard.(i forget the wording)

make a "zone owner" anything moves get shot.
Snag a few spell levels to cause difficult terrain. and in the right fight its amusing as hell.
30ft range makes it pretty hard to combat a ranged specialist


Zwordsman wrote:

No not directly other than the devs who are asking us to playtest to playtest with the assumption that it's not valid i guess.

I hope they also cover if theres anyway to weapon magic them. via spell i mean.

==========
Elemental shield, and I think high dex, combat expertise, and the snapshot lines.
maybe bodyguard.(i forget the wording)

make a "zone owner" anything moves get shot.
Snag a few spell levels to cause difficult terrain. and in the right fight its amusing as hell.
30ft range makes it pretty hard to combat a ranged specialist

Snap Shot requires rapid shot. Will it work with mystic bolts?


DebugAMP wrote:
What about using a melee Mystic Bolt to deliver a held charge from a touch spell like shocking grasp?

This should work. Since a Mystic Bolt isn't a spell, using it won't end touch spells. The combo that I've been working on is Frostbite+Rime Spell with Mystic Bolt (acid). Each melee Mystic Bolt touch attack will cause:

1. Mystic Bolt: 1d6+level (acid)
2. Frostbite: 1d6+level (non-lethal cold) + fatigued
3. Rime Spell: Entangled (1 round)

I like Frostbite better than Shocking Grasp because Warlocks have so few daily castings and Frostbite grants 1 charge/level rather than the single charge of a SG. At higher levels you can cast it once and use it for several rounds.

Shadow Lodge

Gisher wrote:
DebugAMP wrote:
What about using a melee Mystic Bolt to deliver a held charge from a touch spell like shocking grasp?

This should work. Since a Mystic Bolt isn't a spell, using it won't end touch spells. The combo that I've been working on is Frostbite+Rime Spell with Mystic Bolt (acid). Each melee Mystic Bolt touch attack will cause:

1. Mystic Bolt: 1d6+level (acid)
2. Frostbite: 1d6+level (non-lethal cold) + fatigued
3. Rime Spell: Entangled (1 round)

I like Frostbite better than Shocking Grasp because Warlocks have so few daily castings and Frostbite grants 1 charge/level rather than the single charge of a SG. At higher levels you can cast it once and use it for several rounds.

Could add in Tattoo Chamber with either frostbite or shocking grasp to have more uses throughout the day, and then semi-nova for big fights.


You mean by keeping a wand or two in there?


graystone wrote:
Zwordsman wrote:

No not directly other than the devs who are asking us to playtest to playtest with the assumption that it's not valid i guess.

I hope they also cover if theres anyway to weapon magic them. via spell i mean.

==========
Elemental shield, and I think high dex, combat expertise, and the snapshot lines.
maybe bodyguard.(i forget the wording)

make a "zone owner" anything moves get shot.
Snag a few spell levels to cause difficult terrain. and in the right fight its amusing as hell.
30ft range makes it pretty hard to combat a ranged specialist

Snap Shot requires rapid shot. Will it work with mystic bolts?

yeah less sure now that that was posted.

Though there are feats that have prereqs that arent used in it.. (can be used but doenst' require use of ) and then there are feats that do require prereqs.. but they usually talk about it being used.

So since snap shot line doesn't require any specific usages.. i think it would?
it is a dead feet though.
but really its not very clear what works with mystic bolt yet....

For a TWF of similar style i guess. whip would be amusing. weapon finesse, slashing grace. trip whip attacks, and blast their face

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

I think you use Rapid Shot with produce flame. I did it all the time with my 3.5 elf druid archer. But that was 3.5, of course.

So as a GM, I would let a PC warlock use Rapid Shop.

Shadow Lodge

Gisher wrote:
You mean by keeping a wand or two in there?

Yeah, and burning a few charges when that extra damage/debuff is especially helpful (such as v. things with vulnerabilities, or rage that neess mitigating, or when you feel like 1d6+level is too little and a spell slot is too much). It costs some money, but the talent IMO is worth it even without ever using wands (swift-action scrolls or weapons or other items is geeat, and it lets you smuggle things past security), and first level wands can be dirt cheap.


Zwordsman wrote:
graystone wrote:
Zwordsman wrote:

No not directly other than the devs who are asking us to playtest to playtest with the assumption that it's not valid i guess.

I hope they also cover if theres anyway to weapon magic them. via spell i mean.

==========
Elemental shield, and I think high dex, combat expertise, and the snapshot lines.
maybe bodyguard.(i forget the wording)

make a "zone owner" anything moves get shot.
Snag a few spell levels to cause difficult terrain. and in the right fight its amusing as hell.
30ft range makes it pretty hard to combat a ranged specialist

Snap Shot requires rapid shot. Will it work with mystic bolts?

yeah less sure now that that was posted.

Though there are feats that have prereqs that arent used in it.. (can be used but doenst' require use of ) and then there are feats that do require prereqs.. but they usually talk about it being used.

So since snap shot line doesn't require any specific usages.. i think it would?
it is a dead feet though.
but really its not very clear what works with mystic bolt yet....

For a TWF of similar style i guess. whip would be amusing. weapon finesse, slashing grace. trip whip attacks, and blast their face

You could 'cheat' and use a thrown weapon to activate rapid shot and then fire off the rest of your attacks as mystic bolts. It'd pretty much work like TWF but at least it wouldn't be a dead feat.

To the rest, yeah... We're REALLY going to have to have an official word what actually works and what doesn't with mystic bolts.

Scarab Sages

Gisher wrote:
DebugAMP wrote:
What about using a melee Mystic Bolt to deliver a held charge from a touch spell like shocking grasp?

This should work. Since a Mystic Bolt isn't a spell, using it won't end touch spells. The combo that I've been working on is Frostbite+Rime Spell with Mystic Bolt (acid). Each melee Mystic Bolt touch attack will cause:

1. Mystic Bolt: 1d6+level (acid)
2. Frostbite: 1d6+level (non-lethal cold) + fatigued
3. Rime Spell: Entangled (1 round)

I like Frostbite better than Shocking Grasp because Warlocks have so few daily castings and Frostbite grants 1 charge/level rather than the single charge of a SG. At higher levels you can cast it once and use it for several rounds.

Too bad frostbite isn't on the sorc/wiz list. The only 1st level melee multitouch spell that warlocks have access to is chill touch.


Imbicatus wrote:
Gisher wrote:
DebugAMP wrote:
What about using a melee Mystic Bolt to deliver a held charge from a touch spell like shocking grasp?

This should work. Since a Mystic Bolt isn't a spell, using it won't end touch spells. The combo that I've been working on is Frostbite+Rime Spell with Mystic Bolt (acid). Each melee Mystic Bolt touch attack will cause:

1. Mystic Bolt: 1d6+level (acid)
2. Frostbite: 1d6+level (non-lethal cold) + fatigued
3. Rime Spell: Entangled (1 round)

I like Frostbite better than Shocking Grasp because Warlocks have so few daily castings and Frostbite grants 1 charge/level rather than the single charge of a SG. At higher levels you can cast it once and use it for several rounds.

Too bad frostbite isn't on the sorc/wiz list. The only 1st level melee multitouch spell that warlocks have access to is chill touch.

Hum if you focus on it and up the DC's a little bit as you level up. Not a terrible idea with that str damage. Shame about not double level damage though.

off hand I can't think a way to get that on your list sadly.

I'm somewhat hoping this class ends up with it's own spell casting style.
involving touch spells, nonlethal spells, and movement spells on it. with the adjusted to 6levels style like other ones.
could make a touch attack specialist, or a debuff ability attack, or something.


Imbicatus wrote:
Gisher wrote:
DebugAMP wrote:
What about using a melee Mystic Bolt to deliver a held charge from a touch spell like shocking grasp?

This should work. Since a Mystic Bolt isn't a spell, using it won't end touch spells. The combo that I've been working on is Frostbite+Rime Spell with Mystic Bolt (acid). Each melee Mystic Bolt touch attack will cause:

1. Mystic Bolt: 1d6+level (acid)
2. Frostbite: 1d6+level (non-lethal cold) + fatigued
3. Rime Spell: Entangled (1 round)

I like Frostbite better than Shocking Grasp because Warlocks have so few daily castings and Frostbite grants 1 charge/level rather than the single charge of a SG. At higher levels you can cast it once and use it for several rounds.

Too bad frostbite isn't on the sorc/wiz list. The only 1st level melee multitouch spell that warlocks have access to is chill touch.

D'oh. I'm so used to having it as a Magus that I never thought to check the Wizard list. Thanks for catching that.

I like Chill Touch, but unfortunately it won't work with Rime Spell.


so heres a fun idea and a question.

So mystic bolt is a spell like. Does it count as a spell for this?

Lunging Spell Touch
You can extend your reach to touch foes that would normally be too far away.

Prerequisite: Spellcraft 6 ranks.
Benefit: You can increase the reach of your spells' melee touch attacks by 5 feet until the end of your turn by taking a –2 penalty to your AC until your next turn. You must decide to use this ability before you attempt any attacks on your turn.

That, combined with Lunge, combined with VMC sorcerer

Long Limbs (Ex): At 3rd level, your reach increases by 5 feet whenever you are making a melee touch attack. This ability does not otherwise increase your threatened area. At 11th level, this bonus to your reach increases to 10 feet. At 17th level, this bonus to your reach increases to 15 feet.

So combining that bloodline power, Lunge (which I know works) and lunging spell touch (if it work) with Combat reflexes. Long Limbs doesn't increase your threanted area, but lunge and if it works lunging spell touch does. So you could attack al ong longer area, and defend a decentish area.

You could really have a str based caster, with a decent AOO guy can't you? Mystic bolt is valid for taking with aoos isn't it? That was my impression.

Now.. why would you do this instead of just being a ranged touch attack? Not a clue. Style I guess. could take your spells in mainly touch attacks too. In theory you could get the ones that give extra touch attacks per level, and TWF with long reach touch attacks maybe.
Easier to build a more effective thing elsewise.. But man this would lok so weird and be so much amusing fun. Particularly if you go weirder and have like heavy armour or something unexpected. Would be fun with some status effect /debuff touch spells. Though i've not looked for them on the wizard's list. only know them from witch's

I think I might build this.. So really if anyone knows if SP abilities would count close enough for that lunging touch spell feet.. let me know

Think I'd probably go dex based. Just so I can fire a longer ranged mystic bolt if I need to.
Though.. its 30ft max right? Not 30ft increments?


You can finesse mystic bolt


I'm sure the developers are tip-toeing around a certain 3.5 Warlock ability that wasn't covered by the OGL, but there should still be a good way to build a Vigilante who spends their talents enhancing this ability instead of spellcasting.


Brellic wrote:
I'm sure the developers are tip-toeing around a certain 3.5 Warlock ability that wasn't covered by the OGL, but there should still be a good way to build a Vigilante who spends their talents enhancing this ability instead of spellcasting.

We know they didn't give us everything on this class to play test, so I'm hoping they have some plans for talents, spells, feats, or archetypes that enhance mystic bolt.


Errr. Could you people explain why you like mystic bolt so much? I personally think it looks kind of crappy. It's at will, sure, but there's no good ways of adding more damage. You can't even deadly aim, as it relies on touch.

Scarab Sages

Because it has +level per damage and you can full attack with it. You can use it in melee to add deliquescent gloves, and it overcomes the class relying on 3/4 BAB.

If it didn't have the dev restriction on no two-weapon fighting and no rapid shot it would be perfect. As it is, you can still two-weapon fight with it using a regular weapon.


My guess as to why they want people to assume that it's not a weapon for their testing is that they tested it in-house as a weapon, and they're looking to gather data both ways.

As a related aside, I looked at going arcanist, kineticist, and warlock when testing out a build for a 9th level character, and assuming warlock hits with both his attacks, mystic bolt has more average damage then either the kineticist or the arcanist using their arcane reservoir powered talents.


Zwordsman wrote:

so heres a fun idea and a question.

So mystic bolt is a spell like. Does it count as a spell for this?

Lunging Spell Touch
You can extend your reach to touch foes that would normally be too far away.

Prerequisite: Spellcraft 6 ranks.
Benefit: You can increase the reach of your spells' melee touch attacks by 5 feet until the end of your turn by taking a –2 penalty to your AC until your next turn. You must decide to use this ability before you attempt any attacks on your turn.

That, combined with Lunge, combined with VMC sorcerer

Long Limbs (Ex): At 3rd level, your reach increases by 5 feet whenever you are making a melee touch attack. This ability does not otherwise increase your threatened area. At 11th level, this bonus to your reach increases to 10 feet. At 17th level, this bonus to your reach increases to 15 feet.

So combining that bloodline power, Lunge (which I know works) and lunging spell touch (if it work) with Combat reflexes. Long Limbs doesn't increase your threanted area, but lunge and if it works lunging spell touch does. So you could attack al ong longer area, and defend a decentish area.

You could really have a str based caster, with a decent AOO guy can't you? Mystic bolt is valid for taking with aoos isn't it? That was my impression.

I think I might build this.. So really if anyone knows if SP abilities would count close enough for that lunging...

How would "Lunging Spell Touch" give AoO's? it ends on your turn.....


How about just making a normal archery build with conductive arrows? I mean, it costs a lot but now you can fire them along with your arrows, and deal mucho damage.

Scarab Sages

Lunge and Lunging Spell Touch both end at the end of your turn, and do not increase the threat range. However, an interesting idea would be to take Combat Patrol with mystic bolts and eldritch heritage: Aberrant.

Although, at that point, you may be better off just taking Snap Shot.


Yup I misread them. So they don't give AOO.
aberrant still works I think though.

WHich actually works fine I guess. you get extra range on the attack, so and some with combat patrol or something..

SNap shot is probably better but it does hav the waste of "rapid shot" sadly,


And now mystic bolt deals basically no damage....


Perhaps, but If I'm correct you can combine it with twf and rapid-shot for tons more attacks per round; for instance, twf+rapid Shot + aracane strike at level 5 with mystic bolts and point blank strike would mean three attacks per round with 1d6+3 damage each, which is fairly considerable


asdf asdf 906 wrote:
Perhaps, but If I'm correct you can combine it with twf and rapid-shot for tons more attacks per round; for instance, twf+rapid Shot + aracane strike at level 5 with mystic bolts and point blank strike would mean three attacks per round with 1d6+3 damage each, which is fairly considerable

Well, it could already twf, just use it with a conductive weapon and you had great damage. Now not so much.


Well its pretty much "has" to TWF now it seems like.

It would be neat if they made a mystic shot talent as well.
it did the old effect, but with more range, but not TWFable I guess.

THe new damage is pretty paltry though. if your not TWF. basically melee version needs TWF, so dex and weapon finesse is pretty required right?
which is a bit hard with medium armour I guess.

without twf, melee gets just normal iteratives and haste I guess.
ranged gets rapid shot and iteratives, which is slightly better.
but I am quite sad. it's less movable guy and more stationary machinegun turret.

I wish and hope there will be an option for more of a "one shot artilarry" like an archetype similar to the previous version but higher damage and one shot and higher range.

Though on the upside, I can TWF, and Snap attack AOO build now. Which I guess is good considering the 30ft max range.

I wonder if you have enough feat and talents though?
or if it'll be so very streamlined in to one specific way in order to have damage enough to keep up with other classes. I don't have the experience to remotely guess that..

====
I also really hope they make that nontlethal casting thing gain the ability to make mystic bolt nonlethal


oh. they need an expanded talent!

As a standard action you can pool together mystic bolts into one bigger blast. So instead of having TWF you can gain a sniper bomb sorta style.

Standard action with 60ft range, I dunno how the damage would go.

Maybe current fomula, but they gain another d6 whenever they gain more damage. Though that isn't much either but it's an amusing idea.


So vital strike...


But actually usuable and useful.
Preferablly the static damage goes up.
I dunno how to do it. but I would love for an option for a further ranged Warlock. Preferablly more static damage than dice. so they don't stomp on the kinetcist territory for big burst damage. I'm talking something steady.

Its not like they have the spell levels to be amazing spell blasters at range. They can get some great shots in, but having some option for long range would be great. Particularly because it takes talents to cast in armour, or without being discovered, or to cast nonlethally (which i really want to have extraa wording so it can make mystic bolt nonlethal)

Take alchemist for instance, they're not really made for super long range, but with conductive or explosive missle discovery. You can certainly make someone with decent (not great) damage at range.
============

The old mystic bolt made for a nice conductive. It was steady addition, It made for a nice little bonus, with arcane striker, on a conductive sniping crossbow (cause i like crossbows). It was enough that I didn't feel like I was hurting the team by using it like that, along with specific spells.

the new one is still nice, but not as nice. It's not terribly great. 1d6+1 at low levels and up to +5 at high levels isn't really anything to build off of.

granted yeah I can just get a bow or crossbow and use that for longest range with a few spells, and just have mystic bolt as a backup "they're close now" thing.. but thats just a shame.
I feel like this is a great chance to have an option to allow for an actual sniper mage.
======
Hopefully that made sense.

Honestly might work better as an archetype.


On the plus side, you're always in point blank shot range so you can get a point of damage there...


asdf asdf 906 wrote:
Perhaps, but If I'm correct you can combine it with twf and rapid-shot for tons more attacks per round; for instance, twf+rapid Shot + aracane strike at level 5 with mystic bolts and point blank strike would mean three attacks per round with 1d6+3 damage each, which is fairly considerable

Compared to 2nd level casting, that's not bad. Plus, it provides various side benefits. As an AoO, it can protect you from grapplers. It's a cheap and effective way to force Concentration checks. Fire and acid halt a number of forms of regeneration.

You could maybe, at high levels, engage in some shenanigans with Improved Critical, Critical Focus, and Staggering Critical, in conjunction with the Rapid Shot and TWF routine.

Weapon Focus (mystic bolts) and Dazzling Display isn't sexy, but is potentially effective.


I forget. is there a feat that allows all your attacks to count as one for resistance and dr?
cause if there is. its strongly needed. Since base resistances can cut this to pieces right?
Mystic bolter focused folks will def need two elements I guess


Clustered Shots.


Oh that sucks it doesn't work for this problem

Benefit: When you use a full-attack action to make multiple ranged weapon attacks against the same opponent, total the damage from all hits before applying that opponent’s damage reduction.

it's hitting resistance not dr sadly. crap.
How does one overcome resistances at all? base res is usually 5, it's pretty hard to burst through that in general.

Suppose investing in multi elements will be very needed. which is cool in it's own way. but a bit painful for talents.

Suppose it's too bad I can't burn a social talent for vigilante talent, and reverse


Zwordsman wrote:
Mystic bolter focused folks will def need two elements I guess

I'd doubt they'd have enough talents to afford taking more than one though?


Well at high enough levels you could have a holy thundering fire mystic bolt from arcane striker which will mitigate the resistance slightly.

It would be good if you could change the element as say a full round action, and then pick up a separate talent to reduce that to a swift if you felt like further specializing. Broad spectrum resistances and immunities are far too prevalent to make the current system viable.

Silver Crusade

Trekkie90909 wrote:

Well at high enough levels you could have a holy thundering fire mystic bolt from arcane striker which will mitigate the resistance slightly.

It would be good if you could change the element as say a full round action, and then pick up a separate talent to reduce that to a swift if you felt like further specializing. Broad spectrum resistances and immunities are far too prevalent to make the current system viable.

You mean Holy OR Thundering Fire Mystic Bolt. The choices expand.. not stack.


Ah, true.

Silver Crusade

Trekkie90909 wrote:
Ah, true.

Do you now understand the overall issue here? The developers did not acount for the vast change dropping Mystic bolt to the Avenger unarmed Talent. Its actually worse because at LEAST unarmed strikes can be modified by various feats and magic items... Like Power Attack. Mystic bolts basically cannot significantly enough to be worth while.

Scarab Sages

Trekkie90909 wrote:
Clustered Shots.

Bypasses DR, not Energy Resistance. It doesn't help Mystic Bolts at all.

How about a talent that is similar to the Winter Witch PrCs's ability to bypass resistance and immunity?

Uncanny Energy(Su): Your elemental effects in a chosen element have an unnatural intensity. When he selects this talent, the warlock vigilante must choose one type of elemental damage: acid, cold, electricity, or fire. Whenever a warlock's spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability deals the selected damage a creature with energy resistance, treat affected creatures as having half their normal energy resistance when determining the damage dealt. At 12th level, the warlock's spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities that deal cold damage become horrendously potent. Half the damage caused by these effects comes from an otherworldly power and is not subject to being reduced by resistance or immunity to the selected energy type.


Imbicatus wrote:
Trekkie90909 wrote:
Clustered Shots.

Bypasses DR, not Energy Resistance. It doesn't help Mystic Bolts at all.

How about a talent that is similar to the Winter Witch PrCs's ability to bypass resistance and immunity?

Uncanny Energy(Su): Your elemental effects in a chosen element have an unnatural intensity. When he selects this talent, the warlock vigilante must choose one type of elemental damage: acid, cold, electricity, or fire. Whenever a warlock's spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability deals the selected damage a creature with energy resistance, treat affected creatures as having half their normal energy resistance when determining the damage dealt. At 12th level, the warlock's spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities that deal cold damage become horrendously potent. Half the damage caused by these effects comes from an otherworldly power and is not subject to being reduced by resistance or immunity to the selected energy type.

Or an 8th level version that turns bolts to force damage.

Scarab Sages

I like the ability to bypass resistance/immunity because it helps spells too, even though force (or sonic) would be more useful for Mystic Bolts.

1 to 50 of 51 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Archive / Pathfinder / Playtests & Prerelease Discussions / Ultimate Intrigue Playtest / General Discussion / Buidling a Mystic Bolt Warlock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.