Selling bulk resources


Pathfinder Online


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Selling bulk resources via real money. Contact me on skype sdiamond88 with your needs. We have a good farming group going and should be able to get you what you need.
Right now we have surplus of coal and other resources

Goblin Squad Member

sdiamond88 wrote:

Selling bulk resources via real money. Contact me on skype sdiamond88 with your needs. We have a good farming group going and should be able to get you what you need.

Right now we have surplus of coal and other resources

I find this distasteful considering those bulk resources are collected virtually risk free and in a low population environment where even if holdings / outposts could be raided, they won't with any meaningful frequency.

The design philosophy for the game is that resources would be traded for needed resources. Selling them for cash, although it may be your right to do, strikes me as an image that won't benefit PFO.


just trying to make a name for myself before the chinese come in. buy american.

Goblin Squad Member

Also generally frowned upon by most companies that own such games...and you're advertising on their forums...


someone just sold a settlement for $500 USD I dont think some resources are going to hurt


what is the policy then. you can sell accounts and settlements but not resources?

Goblin Squad Member

Probably, selling accounts to keep it active and paying a subscription is a bit different then selling an easily renewable in game resource (it's essentially a currency).


well in regards to the settlement sold thats a lot harder to get than resources. so wouldn't that be frowned upon even more?

Goblin Squad Member

"A good farming group going on" .... That is what strikes me. Then add the real cash aspect and as you say yourself, this is a good farming scheme.

I hope GW brings in outpost / holding raiding in soon before more good farmers set up shop. I hope that GW does not gimp the raiding system by limiting it to feuds, certain time periods, etc.

GW needs to re read their own blogs to remind themselves what the raiding system was supposed to be.

Goblin Squad Member

sdiamond88 wrote:
someone just sold a settlement for $500 USD I dont think some resources are going to hurt

Ah, yes. "Everybody else is doing it." To which my late father might make an acerbic comment on the order of "if someone else killed someone for their account...."


we have been farming for a while and using the resources for our own needs just have some bulk so not trying to setup a farming scheme. have invested a lot of time into this game though so would be nice to sell a couple resources

Goblin Squad Member

Yes and no, settlements are hard now cause you can't make them or destroy them. They are essentially a character for all intents and purposes, but that'll be changing soon enough. And honestly I wouldn't have been surprised if they banned such sales, but in the interest of keeping the game world alive they let it go. Someone selling a settlement when there was no current way to create a new one or knockdown the one taking up a spot is an acceptable for now in my opinion. Once we can actually make them in game? I would say you should not be selling them for real money.

Goblin Squad Member

sdiamond88 wrote:
what is the policy then. you can sell accounts and settlements but not resources?

I guess my real question, if you want to compare apples and apples, is: Did you harvest these intending to use them, and have decided you don't want to be a crafter or are leaving the game, or did you harvest them to sell, and will continue to do so?

Goblin Squad Member

sdiamond88 wrote:
we have been farming for a while and using the resources for our own needs just have some bulk so not trying to setup a farming scheme. have invested a lot of time into this game though so would be nice to sell a couple resources

If you feel this is a legitimate use of excess, why make a new account to post about it?

Goblin Squad Member

sdiamond88 wrote:
we have been farming for a while and using the resources for our own needs just have some bulk so not trying to setup a farming scheme. have invested a lot of time into this game though so would be nice to sell a couple resources

The fact that you are using an account name, specifically for this thread, tells me that you understand what your doing will be frowned upon.

So here is a test.... What company and settlement would we be dealing with if we arranged such a deal?


this is the only account i have on here, was just on the official forums before.


@bluddwolf, while you are trying to hijack my thread you are also advertising the situation more by continuing to post.


if you really want to know then contact me privately like i said

Goblin Squad Member

sdiamond88 wrote:
this is the only account i have on here, was just on the official forums before.

And so the question is, if you think it's appropriate, why do it here, not there, where most of the players are?

Goblin Squad Member

I don't care about the real money thing either way.

However, "Bulk Resources" has a specific in-game meaning, and I don't think everyone in this thread is using it to mean the same thing.

"Bulk Resources" are the product of holdings and outposts, and are used for settlement upkeep. They include bulk stone, bulk food, bulk ore etc..

It sounds like sdiamond88 is trying to sell something different, which is large quantities of gathered resources, such as true coal and true iron.

If this is in fact what you have, sdiamond88, then you might do better to change your advertising terms, because "bulk resources" has a different group of buyers.
I'd suggest "excess resources" or "gathered resources".

You could also try selling the resources on the AH in game for coinage, and then selling the coinage for real money. The precedent for in-game coinage traded for game time and game time purchased for real money might make the coinage - real money transaction more acceptable than resources - real money.

Goblin Squad Member

sdiamond88 wrote:
we have been farming for a while and using the resources for our own needs just have some bulk so not trying to setup a farming scheme.

Interesting. This statement seems at odds with your posting on ownedcore about Elder scrolls farming.

"Selling Mass quantities of crafting materials, add me on skype on sdiamond88... Anything you need I get get, part of a hardcore farming group we are always massing up materials!"


Guys like this ruin the fun of online games. I hope you crash and burn.

Goblin Squad Member

Perhaps a reason for some of the stripped hexes being discussed on GW?

Goblin Squad Member

theguyfrompathfinder wrote:

Selling bulk resources via real money. Contact me on skype sdiamond88 with your needs. We have a good farming group going and should be able to get you what you need.

Right now we have surplus of coal and other resources

Hi there,

This is not a community positive move. Gaming companies almost universally frown (actually ban accounts) over this type of activity. It looks like you have been doing it for some time, so I am sure that you know this.

It damages any player driven economy when you incentivize these kinds of activities. If you are successful, you will be encouraging others to do the same thing. It leads to unbalanced inflation (or even deflation) of the work that players put into the game, not to mention account hacking and theft some of the neat things that come from the gold farming crowds that will follow. That might cause a few more accounts to be added which will cause a long term loss of regular players. You will be effectively wrecking the value of actual in-game, legit player efforts. It looks like you have been doing it for some tome, so I am sure that you know this.

GW has been planning to eventually sell game time in their shop that could be used by players as a sort of in-game item to trade for coin. They have also mentioned exploring sanctioned selling of player accounts. The bottom line is: these things are the purview and "virtual property" of the company that creates them. It works best when it is handled through the Game's real owners. It looks like you have been doing it for some tome, so I am sure that you know this.

I am not sure how or even if GW will respond to this, but I hope that it is swift and terrible. I hope it discourages anyone else considering doing it for a long, long time.


well I would delete the post if I could but it doesnt' look like I can so....


Most games generally frown on account selling as well. However distasteful anyone feels this is "most companies frown on this" is prettymuch a useless statement. I'd source something from the EULA or wait for an actual GW employee to tell people what they are and aren't allowed to do.

PS. Want to sell trial account. Account comes with a bank filled with X Coal, Y Stone, and Z items and recipes.

Goblin Squad Member

I don't think it's fair that you all are giving this guy such a hard time being that accounts are being bought and sold every day. He's being honest about his intentions and who's he hurting if someone actually decides to buy?

Now, if settlements and accounts weren't being sold daily on these very forums I'd have a slightly different opinion. Anyhow, just my opinion.

Goblin Squad Member

Saiph wrote:

I don't think it's fair that you all are giving this guy such a hard time being that accounts are being bought and sold every day. He's being honest about his intentions and who's he hurting if someone actually decides to buy?

Now, if settlements and accounts weren't being sold daily on these very forums I'd have a slightly different opinion. Anyhow, just my opinion.

I can see that I have not been nice. I can also see that the OP has some experience doing this, or at least is in multiple games doing a startup kinda thing.

Admittedly there could be an impression that it is wide open because of the sale of other things, in plain view.

Perhaps as a fanatic gatherer in almost every MMO I have played, previous encounters with "Farmers" has soured my point of view.

Really don't want to see that happen in PfO, but I do know it is difficult to stop 100%.

I respect your opinion, Saiph.

Goblin Squad Member

Saiph wrote:

I don't think it's fair that you all are giving this guy such a hard time being that accounts are being bought and sold every day. He's being honest about his intentions and who's he hurting if someone actually decides to buy?

Now, if settlements and accounts weren't being sold daily on these very forums I'd have a slightly different opinion. Anyhow, just my opinion.

But settlements aren't being sold daily. Two settlements (of which I'm aware) have been sold, in total, while a couple of others were given away, because the players in them are no longer interested in the game. The vast majority of the accounts that have changed hands are because someone is no longer interested in the game.

The op made a new account, outside the normal forums where the majority of the players are, where it would be harder for the devs to tie them to an account, refused to publicly identify themself, and posted that this was simply excess, despite the fact that they did the exact same thing several years ago in another game and identified themselves as part of a group of "hardcore" farmers who would gather resources to order.

There exists a chance that the op is not doing this with the intent of making money, but I consider it a small enough chance that I'll take my own chances with having judged them incorrectly.

Community & Digital Content Director

Locking this one for now.

Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Digital Games / Pathfinder Online / Selling bulk resources All Messageboards
Recent threads in Pathfinder Online