Supergirl


Television

1 to 50 of 1,606 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Man I hope that they get crossovers with CW


1 person marked this as a favorite.

WHOA!!! It looks like it will be a fun series.


Looks interesting but I have issues with it such as...
-I don't care much for the actress playing Super Girl.
-She keeps revealing her "secret" identity.
-Her character should have been a teenager not late 20's/early 30'
-She should be wearing a wig or something as her regular girl persona.
-In what universe is Jimmy Olsen cool.

I hope this show surprises me.


Trailer gives me a good feeling, upbeat, hopeful, clearly not connected in any way to the recent movie.

Positive first impression, now lets see if they can deliver

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Dragon78 wrote:
-In what universe is Jimmy Olsen cool.

This one, apparently, and I'm so very okay with it. I find goofy/useless comic sidekicks that never grow completely obnoxious.

It took Xander Harris three seasons to grow out of being the Zeppo. Jimmy Olsen's had 75 years. It's about damn time.


I'm mildly interested.
she should have been a teenager.

Sovereign Court

I must reiterate.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a crossover with CW

Scarab Sages

I thought the trailer was interesting. I'll more than likely give the first few episodes a try.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

Looks good to me. I'm glad she's not a teenager, regardless of if she is/was in the comics.

Shadow Lodge

The first season of Lois & Clark also had a fairly cool Jimmy Olsen. Who was then replaced with a dork.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Jimmy Olson is a dork. James Olson looks like he'll be awesome.

Liberty's Edge

Oleson's level of dorkiness has fluctuated massively since Kirby's run on Olsen's book in the mid-seventies.


Smallville's Olsen wasn't bad however being played by one the Ashmoore brothers I kinda figured he was gonna die off.


Looks to me like they are placing it in the same universe as the Superman movies, which as far as I know are not linked to the CW shows.


Definitely glad she's not a teenager... I'd have no interest in watching that.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

All I've seen is the trailer, and that puts it in the same universe as a Superman. It remains to be seen if it ties to Earth-CW at all. If anything, I'd argue that the trailer suggests it's in its own continuity. There's nothing that suggests The Arrow, The Flash, The Canary, etc., are in this iteration, just as the general light-heartedness suggests we're not in the same "tarnished hero" vein as Man of Steel. Hell, there's COLOR in this trailer. The only color outside of red, yellow and blue in Man of Steel is grey.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

It's being done by the same people as Arrow/Flash/LoT, it looks NOTHING like the horrendous, joyless, grimdark abomination that is Man of Steel/Dawn of Justice, and it has most of the same style and structure as Arrow and Flash (the My name is... is a dead give away). Oh, and the producers said it's in the same world as the CW shows.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Look, y'all can argue about her age all you want, but let's get one thing straight:

Her attitude and her delivery and her costume are perfect and bright and colorful and full of hope. And that is EXACTLY what they should be.

I have a lot of deeply held feels about the Superman Family, okay.

Liberty's Edge

Also, she's supposed to be just out of school and this is TV not reality, so she's 24, 25 at the oldest.

Shadow Lodge

I don't watch Arrow, but there has never been any indication in Flash that Superman exists. So it's hard to buy the producer's claim that this exists in the CWDC Universe.

Liberty's Edge

Yes... Because the producers don't know what they're talking about.

Sovereign Court

Krensky wrote:
It's being done by the same people as Arrow/Flash/LoT, it looks NOTHING like the horrendous, joyless, grimdark abomination that is Man of Steel/Dawn of Justice, and it has most of the same style and structure as Arrow and Flash (the My name is... is a dead give away). Oh, and the producers said it's in the same world as the CW shows.

Thank you. Thank you so much.


This started out really awful- all sorts of cliches, worn out/rehashed storylines, cardboard characters. But after she rescued the plane, the trailer started to really become something a lot more fun and even a bit inspiring. I think this could be really good, especially if they let it develop and be more than just the paint-by-numbers that the first couple of minutes of that trailer show.


Kthulhu wrote:
I don't watch Arrow, but there has never been any indication in Flash that Superman exists. So it's hard to buy the producer's claim that this exists in the CWDC Universe.

Although it is important to keep in mind that due to Reverse Flash's interferance Flash has been jump-started several years sooner than he was supposed to. Supergirl could be set in 2020 for all we know

after all we are adding time travel to the mix a fair bit now with the Legends show coming.

Liberty's Edge

And there's the cliched, worn out, rehashed repetition of cookie-cutter hipster complaints.


jemstone wrote:

Look, y'all can argue about her age all you want, but let's get one thing straight:

Her attitude and her delivery and her costume are perfect and bright and colorful and full of hope. And that is EXACTLY what they should be.

I have a lot of deeply held feels about the Superman Family, okay.

hmmm.....


1 person marked this as a favorite.

James Olsen looks like he will be awesome in this show.

Scarab Sages

That dude playing Olsen looked familiar, but I don't feel like looking up his bio on IMDB at the moment.


The guy playing Jimmy Olsen played Egg's in one of the seasons of True Blood. He was good. You probably did not recognize him because he had his shirt on.

The show looks like the Black Widow Rom-Com skit SN did a few weeks back.

I'll tune in for sure, it looks like too much fun to miss.

Shadow Lodge

The 2nd trailer is a lot more action and a lot less The Devil Wears Prada / rom-com.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Muad'Dib wrote:

The show looks like the Black Widow Rom-Com skit SN did a few weeks back.

The difference is that the skit played the trope straight, and the badass woman warrior got reduced to the giggling lovestruck romantic object by falling in love with a "bad boy" and then her "best friend."

This time, the giggling lovestruck romantic object gets raised into a badass woman warrior, by falling in love with herself as a superhero.

Subverted tropes are the best tropes.

Liberty's Edge

Kthulhu wrote:
The 2nd trailer is a lot more action and a lot less The Devil Wears Prada / rom-com.

Second trailer?

You don't have a link by any chance do you?


Marc Radle wrote:
Kthulhu wrote:
The 2nd trailer is a lot more action and a lot less The Devil Wears Prada / rom-com.

Second trailer?

You don't have a link by any chance do you?

It's shorter, but pretty cool.


That's totally The Persuader and his Atomic Axe. I'm telling you.

Super Sense tingling, signalling potential LOSH plotline!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Second trailer was far more promising. Not that I'm not happy to have a lighthearted show and not more teen drama a la Arrow and Flash (I still like them, though), but when you get right down to it, we watch these shows for superhero action, not soap opera or comedy.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

jemstone wrote:

That's totally The Persuader and his Atomic Axe. I'm telling you.

Super Sense tingling, signalling potential LOSH plotline!

I'm pretty sure it's the Lumberjack, based on casting information from a few months ago.


Bjørn Røyrvik wrote:
Second trailer was far more promising. Not that I'm not happy to have a lighthearted show and not more teen drama a la Arrow and Flash (I still like them, though), but when you get right down to it, we watch these shows for superhero action, not soap opera or comedy.

I don't know. Superhero comics have always had a strong soap opera element, mixed in with the action.

Liberty's Edge

Bjørn Røyrvik wrote:
Second trailer was far more promising. Not that I'm not happy to have a lighthearted show and not more teen drama a la Arrow and Flash (I still like them, though), but when you get right down to it, we watch these shows for superhero action, not soap opera or comedy.

Speak for yourself.

The character driven drama, melodrama and comedy are the reasons I watch Flash, Arrow, Daredevil, and Agents of SHIELD.


JoelF847 wrote:
jemstone wrote:

That's totally The Persuader and his Atomic Axe. I'm telling you.

Super Sense tingling, signalling potential LOSH plotline!

I'm pretty sure it's the Lumberjack, based on casting information from a few months ago.

But.. but... ATOMIC AXE!

Dark Archive

Lumberjack – The First Villain for Supergirl

Seriously wish it was The Persuader instead.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Maybe she'll have a variety of axe wielding villains who form some sort of team down the road?

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Jemstone just wants to fansquee over Kara and Brainiac 5.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

If that's the case, then I would very much like to be cast as Brainiac 5!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh, for those only looking at the trailer:

The guy with the crush on Kara that she was working on her costume with is Winslow Schott, aka Toyman.

The mean guy in charge of the DEO is Hank Henshaw, aka Cyborg Superman.

Kara's boss is Cat Grant.

So the first two are villains and the third has been an antagonist to Supergirl in the past.


Krensky wrote:
Jemstone just wants to fansquee over Kara and Brainiac 5.

Who wouldn't?

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
jemstone wrote:

Look, y'all can argue about her age all you want, but let's get one thing straight:

Her attitude and her delivery and her costume are perfect and bright and colorful and full of hope. And that is EXACTLY what they should be.

I have a lot of deeply held feels about the Superman Family, okay.

This. This is why this might be my jam.

Also, this: My reason for hoping

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Krensky wrote:
Jemstone just wants to fansquee over Kara and Brainiac 5.

I would be totally ok with that.

Edit: They brought the legion into smallville. No reaason they couldn't do it here. Is Smallville in the CW universe? Seems like it should be but it was a long time ago in tv years.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Considering that pretty much everyone on the CW shows showed up on Smallville with different actors and characterizations and such, no.

The CW universe definitely contains Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Vixen. The producers of Supergirl (who are also the producers of the rest) have said they want to do crossovers with Supergirl which suggests that they consider it part of the same world.


Vixen? What is that? A new show?

Silver Crusade

Interesting.

Love, love love, the new Jimmy Olsen. Hope he's there for more than just the pilot.

1 to 50 of 1,606 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Television / Supergirl All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.