>> Ask *Rysky* anything, anything at all! <<


Off-Topic Discussions

1,501 to 1,550 of 5,351 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

The Rising Phoenix wrote:
Rysky wrote:
(The twins in question are Monday and Tuesday incase you were wondering :3)
Hey, I know those two :D

;P

Silver Crusade

GM_Beernorg wrote:
ADVENTURING FLUFFY KITTIES!!!!!

Yus.

Silver Crusade

Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
In a similar vein: Ms. Rysky, what do you think of this conversion of Ms. Frasier's fearsome glompadillos?

Ah, so that legendary predator was finally started up? Nice.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber

How do you pronounce your thread alias? Is it risky or rye-skee?

I'm hopped up on cold/flu medication and this suddenly struck me as both funny and interesting at the same time. Like cat hair lint...OK, that makes no sense, but seemed to a second ago. Non-sequitors notwithstanding, what is the answer?

Silver Crusade

Feros wrote:

How do you pronounce your thread alias? Is it risky or rye-skee?

I'm hopped up on cold/flu medication and this suddenly struck me as both funny and interesting at the same time. Like cat hair lint...OK, that makes no sense, but seemed to a second ago. Non-sequitors notwithstanding, what is the answer?

lol

The former. Or risqué if you want to be fancy :3

Hope you get to feeling better *hugs*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber
Rysky wrote:
Feros wrote:

How do you pronounce your thread alias? Is it risky or rye-skee?

I'm hopped up on cold/flu medication and this suddenly struck me as both funny and interesting at the same time. Like cat hair lint...OK, that makes no sense, but seemed to a second ago. Non-sequitors notwithstanding, what is the answer?

lol

The former. Or risqué if you want to be fancy :3

Hope you get to feeling better *hugs*

Thanks! *hugs back*

Silver Crusade

Feros wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Feros wrote:

How do you pronounce your thread alias? Is it risky or rye-skee?

I'm hopped up on cold/flu medication and this suddenly struck me as both funny and interesting at the same time. Like cat hair lint...OK, that makes no sense, but seemed to a second ago. Non-sequitors notwithstanding, what is the answer?

lol

The former. Or risqué if you want to be fancy :3

Hope you get to feeling better *hugs*

Thanks! *hugs back*

Anytime ^w^


Hmmm....so i'm running two Confirmations.
Both are at the minotaur, and i'm looking at a potential double TPK, if my rolls keep it up.

When was the last time you TPK'ed?

Silver Crusade

The Fiend Fantastic wrote:

Hmmm....so i'm running two Confirmations.

Both are at the minotaur, and i'm looking at a potential double TPK, if my rolls keep it up.

When was the last time you TPK'ed?

I've certainly killed a bunch of characters all the times I've GMed, but I don't believe I've ever had a complete TPK before (running for large groups tend to help with that).

Don't think I have as a player either, for the above reason as well.


Rysky wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

My issue, I grew up in a conservative Midwestern town that had an incredible amount of Vietnam Veterans that were treated like s@#@, so as someone that's seen that conservative stagnation with an undercurrent of resentment and oppression, I don't see how it can't use a little bit of change or revolution.

If anything, for me at least, Wes did TOO good a job with Longacre and the adventure.

My problem, from my reading, is it's just not Longacre, but also the Glorious Reclamation itself and everyone else that treats her like s*$! and abandons her once it comes to light.

Basically the book tries way too hard and in fact beats you over the head with itself with THROUGH THINGS OUTSIDE HER CONTROL AND BECAUSE SHE ISN'T ATTRACTIVE DO NOT LIKE THIS CHARACTER EVEN THOUGH WITH EVERYTHING THAT SHE HAS BEEN THROUGH SHE'S STILL A GOOD PERSON AND TRYING TO HELP BUT BECASUE SHE HAD A HORRIFIC BACKSTORY DO NOT LIKE THIS CHARACTER. DO NOT. SHE IS UNLIKEABLE. SO SAYETH THE BOOK.

I hate to disagree with you Mistress....but I think it is not that she is horribly disfigured... but the fact that she did it to herself to intimidate people into giving her money...is why the people don't like her. It was not beyond her control...not every beggar in that city belongs to that group.

Sure she changed and tried to make up for it...but it is not that kind of story where that happens. It is Evil AP...good people are going to be hurt.

Anyway...that is my take on it.

Also sorry this seems late...I have been away from the computer for a awhile.


John Kretzer wrote:
Rysky wrote:

...

Basically the book tries way too hard and in fact beats you over the head with itself with THROUGH THINGS OUTSIDE HER CONTROL AND BECAUSE SHE ISN'T ATTRACTIVE DO NOT LIKE THIS CHARACTER EVEN THOUGH WITH EVERYTHING THAT SHE HAS BEEN THROUGH SHE'S STILL A GOOD PERSON AND TRYING TO HELP BUT BECASUE SHE HAD A HORRIFIC BACKSTORY DO NOT LIKE THIS CHARACTER. DO NOT. SHE IS UNLIKEABLE. SO SAYETH THE BOOK.

I hate to disagree with you Mistress....but I think it is not that she is horribly disfigured... but the fact that she did it to herself to intimidate people into giving her money...is why the people don't like her. It was not beyond her control...not every beggar in that city belongs to that group.

Sure she changed and tried to make up for it...but it is not that kind of story where that happens. It is Evil AP...good people are going to be hurt.

Anyway...that is my take on it.

Also sorry this seems late...I have been away from the computer for a awhile.

Yes, exactly. It isn't the disfigurement. It's the class of people the disfigurement represents. Essentially, the people of Longacre are looking at something that makes them feel better about themselves by placing this type of beggar as beneath them. To have one shown to be better than them...

Really, what the PCs are doing is using Longacre's own hypocrisy against them. The results are for the best...for the EVIL PCs and the corrupt government they represent. Not best for Longacre or Cheliax in general.

Well put, Mr. Kretzer.

*sees Rysky returning to the thread*

*quickly puts on a stern face and points markedly towards John Kretzer*

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!

>:(

*quickly edges out of the thread*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

{finally rolls a 20, successfully extricates noggin from high CR staircase banister} Huzzah! Curses upon you for your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

{wanders over to site of previous commotion, picks up MP's dropped "Teach the Longarce Controversy" pamphlets} Hey, who dropped these? {waves them around} Hello, does anyone want these? Please, take at least one somebody!


Shan't.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

{sings (badly):} Who's the green pirate gob
That's a sex machine to the lady hobs?
(Shan't!)
You're damn right {boogies}

Silver Crusade

John Kretzer wrote:
Rysky wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

My issue, I grew up in a conservative Midwestern town that had an incredible amount of Vietnam Veterans that were treated like s@#@, so as someone that's seen that conservative stagnation with an undercurrent of resentment and oppression, I don't see how it can't use a little bit of change or revolution.

If anything, for me at least, Wes did TOO good a job with Longacre and the adventure.

My problem, from my reading, is it's just not Longacre, but also the Glorious Reclamation itself and everyone else that treats her like s*$! and abandons her once it comes to light.

Basically the book tries way too hard and in fact beats you over the head with itself with THROUGH THINGS OUTSIDE HER CONTROL AND BECAUSE SHE ISN'T ATTRACTIVE DO NOT LIKE THIS CHARACTER EVEN THOUGH WITH EVERYTHING THAT SHE HAS BEEN THROUGH SHE'S STILL A GOOD PERSON AND TRYING TO HELP BUT BECASUE SHE HAD A HORRIFIC BACKSTORY DO NOT LIKE THIS CHARACTER. DO NOT. SHE IS UNLIKEABLE. SO SAYETH THE BOOK.

I hate to disagree with you Mistress....but I think it is not that she is horribly disfigured... but the fact that she did it to herself to intimidate people into giving her money...is why the people don't like her. It was not beyond her control...not every beggar in that city belongs to that group.

Sure she changed and tried to make up for it...but it is not that kind of story where that happens. It is Evil AP...good people are going to be hurt.

Anyway...that is my take on it.

Also sorry this seems late...I have been away from the computer for a awhile.

And I'm also going to have to disagree. She didn't do it to intimidate people, but to illicit sympathy with how pathetic and how far gone she was. And yes not every beggar was a part of that group, but also not every beggar was on the brink of death either.

With only so many, if any, citizens giving them handouts there were only so many that would survive. Yes she was poor and hungry, and so was every other beggar. And so out of hopelessness, desperation, and starvation she was pushed to mutilate herself so the citizens would take more sympathy on her than the others and hopefully give her money or scraps of food so she could survive.

I'd say somebody being put into that scenario is in a position far beyond their control.

Silver Crusade

Master Pugwampi wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:
Rysky wrote:

...

Basically the book tries way too hard and in fact beats you over the head with itself with THROUGH THINGS OUTSIDE HER CONTROL AND BECAUSE SHE ISN'T ATTRACTIVE DO NOT LIKE THIS CHARACTER EVEN THOUGH WITH EVERYTHING THAT SHE HAS BEEN THROUGH SHE'S STILL A GOOD PERSON AND TRYING TO HELP BUT BECASUE SHE HAD A HORRIFIC BACKSTORY DO NOT LIKE THIS CHARACTER. DO NOT. SHE IS UNLIKEABLE. SO SAYETH THE BOOK.

I hate to disagree with you Mistress....but I think it is not that she is horribly disfigured... but the fact that she did it to herself to intimidate people into giving her money...is why the people don't like her. It was not beyond her control...not every beggar in that city belongs to that group.

Sure she changed and tried to make up for it...but it is not that kind of story where that happens. It is Evil AP...good people are going to be hurt.

Anyway...that is my take on it.

Also sorry this seems late...I have been away from the computer for a awhile.

Yes, exactly. It isn't the disfigurement. It's the class of people the disfigurement represents. Essentially, the people of Longacre are looking at something that makes them feel better about themselves by placing this type of beggar as beneath them. To have one shown to be better than them...

Really, what the PCs are doing is using Longacre's own hypocrisy against them. The results are for the best...for the EVIL PCs and the corrupt government they represent. Not best for Longacre or Cheliax in general.

Well put, Mr. Kretzer.

*sees Rysky returning to the thread*

*quickly puts on a stern face and points markedly towards John Kretzer*

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!

>:(

*quickly edges out of the thread*

I guess, I really just do not like how it goes beyond the story and the characters but the book itself seems to encourage disfigurement shaming. That and the town of Longacre being full of veterans doesn't help matters any (also I don't believe the Angel Knight is originally from there, but from a major Chelish city, could be wrong though, need to read and finish my review, it's taken too long already).


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

And Cheliax is a brutalizing society with a profound cultural backdrop of tyrannizing those lower on the social ladder than oneself.

Turns out a nation based upon Infernal bargains and run with the backing of Hell is a pretty terrible place.

The character in no way deserves to be deserted by the citizens of Longacre for circumstances beyond her control.

But Longacre sucks, in all the petty, awful, banal, horrible little ways people have found to treat each other badly- particularly and especially since the PCs have spent the entire adventure up to that point crushing the people with enough backbone to stand up for one another.


begins having flashbacks of growing up in s~%~ty little Midwestern towns

Yup, Wes did too good a job with Longacre.

We'll see how the rest turns out, but I'm not sure I want Tammy preserving a huge source of childhood trauma, might be too soon for that. :-)

Silver Crusade

Cole Deschain wrote:

And Cheliax is a brutalizing society with a profound cultural backdrop of tyrannizing those lower on the social ladder than oneself.

Turns out a nation based upon Infernal bargains and run with the backing of Hell is a pretty terrible place.

The character in no way deserves to be deserted by the citizens of Longacre for circumstances beyond her control.

But Longacre sucks, in all the petty, awful, banal, horrible little ways people have found to treat each other badly- particularly and especially since the PCs have spent the entire adventure up to that point crushing the people with enough backbone to stand up for one another.

I guess I was just hoping for an "Evil is cool!" campaign rather than an "Evil is douchebaggy!" one. I went in liking the antagonists more than the protagonists, and I still do.

Maybe the next 5 might be better but I don't have high hopes.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Based upon my own group, I can tell you that they're probably going to express their own moral outrage by having their villains despise the weakling filth who are so easily swayed by their actions.

Pretty sure Longacre's gonna burn in my campaign...

Silver Crusade

Cole Deschain wrote:

Based upon my own group, I can tell you that they're probably going to express their own moral outrage by having their villains despise the weakling filth who are so easily swayed by their actions.

Pretty sure Longacre's gonna burn in my campaign...

I like the sound of your group. Burn is good.

Dark Archive

Calistrian Clerics GO!!!


What AP would be a good choice for Tammy, I'm not as sure Hell's Vengeance is the way to go, she could go all Suicide Squad on WotR.

After all, any 11th level spell caster can be a Lich with enough cash, but a demigoddess, that's priceless.

Silver Crusade

NenkotaMoon wrote:
Calistrian Clerics GO!!!

Yay!

... go where?


Does it matter?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Does it matter?

According to Meat Loaf, no.

Silver Crusade

captain yesterday wrote:
Does it matter?

If it's the difference between over there or over here, then yes. Yes it does.


Hunt, the PugWumpus wrote:

{finally rolls a 20, successfully extricates noggin from high CR staircase banister} Huzzah! Curses upon you for your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

{wanders over to site of previous commotion, picks up MP's dropped "Teach the Longarce Controversy" pamphlets} Hey, who dropped these? {waves them around} Hello, does anyone want these? Please, take at least one somebody!

*grabs the pamphlets*

*whispers*SHHHHHHH! She'll hear you!

*runs from thread to set pamphlets on fire*

Silver Crusade

Master Pugwampi wrote:
Hunt, the PugWumpus wrote:

{finally rolls a 20, successfully extricates noggin from high CR staircase banister} Huzzah! Curses upon you for your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

{wanders over to site of previous commotion, picks up MP's dropped "Teach the Longarce Controversy" pamphlets} Hey, who dropped these? {waves them around} Hello, does anyone want these? Please, take at least one somebody!

*grabs the pamphlets*

*whispers*SHHHHHHH! She'll hear you!

*runs from thread to set pamphlets on fire*

Good Wumpums.

*gets fingers ready for ear scritchin*


My latest delve into evil.

:
Django
Male human (Varisian) warpriest of Urgathoa 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 60)
NE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +4; Senses Perception +3
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee heavy pick +4 (1d6+3/×4)
Special Attacks blessings 3/day, sacred weapon (1d6, 0)
Warpriest Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +4)
1st—cause fear (DC 14), cure light wounds
0 (at will)—bleed (DC 13), detect magic, read magic
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 17, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 12
Base Atk +0; CMB +3; CMD 13
Feats Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus (heavy pick)
Traits amoral mercenary, bully
Skills Heal +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (religion) +4, Sense Motive +8
Languages Common, Varisian
SQ blessings (evil: battle companion, unholy strike, magic: blessed magic, hand of the acolyte), manifestation points, ability scores
Other Gear chain shirt, heavy pick, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, coffin[UE], flint and steel, hemp rope (50 ft.), holy text[UE], mess kit[UE], pot, soap, spell component pouch, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin, wooden holy symbol of Urgathoa, 46 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Blessings (3/day) (Su) Pool of power used to activate Blessing abilities.
Combat Reflexes (1 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed.
Manifestation Points, Ability Scores ([none], 14/psychic duel) Every combatant begins a psychic duel with a pool of MP equal to the combatant’s HD + the average of her Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. As a free action, a combatant can draw from this pool to generate MP. A combatant who draws any numb
Sacred Weapon (Su) As a swift action, grant weapon enhancement bonus or certain powers.
--------------------
When Django was a small lad growing up destitute, living on the docks of Riddleport, he dreamed of leaving the squalid life behind, on the deck of one of the many pirate ships that made port.

So, no one was surprised (nor did they care) when young Django stowed away on a ship bound for Cheliax. it was a long trip, alone in the hold, the only friends, the plague rats, that the church of Urgathoa had stowed away with him.

At some point, Django wasn’t sure when, he ventured out of his little corner, to find a ship devoid of life, except himself and the rats. while feasting like the pirate king, Django was sure that he would doubtlessly become, he noticed the rats, sitting by the door, staring.

Django wasnt exactly sure why he followed, the madness of lonliness maybe, but follow he did. Down into the cargo hold, deeper then even he had dared venture.

There sat a plain wooden coffin, “but whose coffin” Django thought to himself, “Yours” whispered a rat, into his ears.

By the time the ship had floated into Kintargo, and Django dragged his coffin ashore, his destiny as a follower of Urgathoa was sealed.

And so Django travels Cheliax, seasoning his coffin with blood, pestilence and death, waiting for the moment when he transcends his mortal form, a humble servant to the Pallid Princess.

Thoughts? Concerns?

Silver Crusade

captain yesterday wrote:

My latest delve into evil.

** spoiler omitted **...

Ooo definitely a villain, likin the From Nobody to Nightmare angle.


So what is your poison?

Silver Crusade

John Kretzer wrote:
So what is your poison?

Um, Green Apple Smirnoff Ice.

If that meant what I think it meant.


Rysky wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:
So what is your poison?

Um, Green Apple Smirnoff Ice.

If that meant what I think it meant.

No, no, no.

What is your poison? Arsenic, cyanide, belladonna? What?

*prepares for answer and making a shopping trip for antidotes*

Silver Crusade

Master Pugwampi wrote:
Rysky wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:
So what is your poison?

Um, Green Apple Smirnoff Ice.

If that meant what I think it meant.

No, no, no.

What is your poison? Arsenic, cyanide, belladonna? What?

*prepares for answer and making a shopping trip for antidotes*

Oh!

Banana Spider venom ^w^


I noticed you hadn't checked in on the roll call, where everyone's from.
As our resident succubus, how could you miss out?

Silver Crusade

The Fiend Fantastic wrote:

I noticed you hadn't checked in on the roll call, where everyone's from.

As our resident succubus, how could you miss out?

The what?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
The Fiend Fantastic wrote:

I noticed you hadn't checked in on the roll call, where everyone's from.

As our resident succubus, how could you miss out?
The what?

*stunned that she-who-seems-to-post-everywhere would have missed this*

*whispers*

PSSST! Over HERE!


Thread called United Nations of Golarion or something. :-)

Silver Crusade

Oh! Was wondering what that was.

Been caught up with March releases and a certain Hardcover announcement :3

Silver Crusade Contributor

2 people marked this as a favorite.

A couple of things:

1: With the release of the new Spider-Man archetype, make sure your characters bring peanut butter or ice along... just in case. :3

2: What with my desire to establish a kitsune in PFS before a possible legal-race-change, and my need for a Dark Archivist, I'm working on a new character. Inspired by your glorious tales of Calistrian excess, my new kitsune phantom thief will be taking Deific Obedience... vigorously.

(Between that, whip use, poison use, Familiar Bond/Improved Familiar, and all the tails... I do need a lot of feats.)

Thoughts?

Silver Crusade Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.

OK, followup - would a kitsune lady thief with a pipefox familiar and a deep love (lust?) of Calistria be better as a Dark Archivist, or a Scarab Sage?

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kalindlara wrote:

A couple of things:

1: With the release of the new Spider-Man archetype, make sure your characters bring peanut butter or ice along... just in case. :3

2: What with my desire to establish a kitsune in PFS before a possible legal-race-change, and my need for a Dark Archivist, I'm working on a new character. Inspired by your glorious tales of Calistrian excess, my new kitsune phantom thief will be taking Deific Obedience... vigorously.

(Between that, whip use, poison use, Familiar Bond/Improved Familiar, and all the tails... I do need a lot of feats.)

Thoughts?

1) *snort*

2) Aww, thnakies ^w^ Vigorously is always good! Succubus approved!

Details... I will need details, er I mean status reports. Yeah, status reports.

And details.
Sorry, was there any other thoughts you meant? It sounds like it'll be fun to play as :3

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kalindlara wrote:
OK, followup - would a kitsune lady thief with a pipefox familiar and a deep love (lust?) of Calistria be better as a Dark Archivist, or a Scarab Sage?

Unfortunately other than the Silver Crusdae and Dark Archives (and Zarta) I don't know much about the PFS factions, other than that the leaders of the Scarab Sages get cool titles.

I think.

SO naturally if the question comes to DA vs any other faction other than SC I'm going to default to Zarta :3

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here :(

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Wait! Is there anyway to be a member of more than one faction? Can Silver Crusade/Dark Archives have joint custody of me?


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber
Rysky wrote:
Wait! Is there anyway to be a member of more than one faction? Can Silver Crusade/Dark Archives have joint custody of me?

Be part of the Dark Archives, infiltrate the Silver Crusade, and end up feeling conflicted?

Silver Crusade

Feros wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Wait! Is there anyway to be a member of more than one faction? Can Silver Crusade/Dark Archives have joint custody of me?
Be part of the Dark Archives, infiltrate the Silver Crusade, and end up feeling conflicted?

I'm okay with that.


Did Darellus Fex's mustache get longer in Wrath of Thrune.

Silver Crusade

captain yesterday wrote:
Did Darellus Fex's mustache get longer in Wrath of Thrune.

Yep, he probably moused it straight so he could "accidentally" poke people right next to him in the eye whenever he turns around.


So what do you think of Ultimate Intrigue?

1,501 to 1,550 of 5,351 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >> Ask *Rysky* anything, anything at all! << All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.