Time to guess what next AP will be.


Pathfinder Adventure Path General Discussion

401 to 421 of 421 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Steve Geddes wrote:
I like the goblin modules in isolation and hope they continue, but I think "goblin zaniness" over an AP would wear a little. Personally, I'd much prefer they try a full-on monstrous AP with a wider choice of potential races (like any bestiary 1-5 monster of less than five hit die or something).

This takes the words right out of my mouth.

I really enjoyed We Be Goblins and would love to play another module as goblins... But I don't think it'd be as fun after a year or so of weekly play.

Half the fun are the crazy madcap suicidal tendancies... I don't think I'd be able to keep one ALIVE for a full AP ;)

Dark Archive

roysier wrote:
Actually for awhile I had a group on Sunday and some of those players also played on a Wednesday game and between the 2 groups we played all the AP's

[jaw drops]

WOW.

You have played through all the APs?!

That's saying a lot, did you cast extended Time Stop?

Please tell me how you did this I wish to find time like you!


You know, if they really want to do something crazy for APs, they should do one that involves Eox, Apostae, and Aucturn. A space horror themed adventure would be actually crazy.

Dark Archive

Rynjin wrote:
I have to dispute your point A, considering the deluge of people, Youtube style, coming onto the boards to say "Unsubscribed" every time a new AP is released.

I'm sure Paizo has there version of the HYDRA boast, "cut off one head ..."

Either that or, "and your little dog too."

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

I'm still working on running/playing all the APs. It'll be a while yet, I suspect. ^_^

Dark Archive

phantom1592 wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:
I like the goblin modules in isolation and hope they continue, but I think "goblin zaniness" over an AP would wear a little. Personally, I'd much prefer they try a full-on monstrous AP with a wider choice of potential races (like any bestiary 1-5 monster of less than five hit die or something).

This takes the words right out of my mouth.

I really enjoyed We Be Goblins and would love to play another module as goblins.

You're in luck We be Goblins Free! comes out in a month.

And I think the pdf may be free ;)

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber
Albatoonoe wrote:
You know, if they really want to do something crazy for APs, they should do one that involves Eox, Apostae, and Aucturn. A space horror themed adventure would be actually crazy.

I don't know if Apostae belongs on that list so much. I'd go with Eox and the Diaspora, plus maybe a little Aucturn. Not because Aucturn isn't horror - it very much is - but because it works best as a barely-understood enigma. If you wander all over it and learn all its secrets... it won't be The Stranger anymore. ^_^

Plus, Eox and the Diaspora have a history that ties them together.


I would prefer Castrovel, Akiton, Verces, and some of the moons of Liavara and Bretheda.

The Exchange

Rynjin wrote:
I have to dispute your point A, considering the deluge of people, Youtube style, coming onto the boards to say "Unsubscribed" every time a new AP is released.

As others said the handful of commenters here on the Paizo boards are hardly a compelling sample size. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Paizo are gaining subscribers faster than they are losing them.

I do see what you mean, though, in that a subscription-based model does not ensure sales long term. Well, duh, otherwise every single business on earth would be doing that. I do think that for various reasons, the fact that you can subscribe to most Paizo product lines negates to some degree the fact that their products are competing for each other.


Collectors are Collectors they don't just quit collecting because one AP isn't their Cup of tea. For every person who does opt out of Hell's Vengeance because they don't want an Evil Campaign their is someone else who will opt in because this is exactly what they are looking for. I know the third party Way of the Wicked is very popular so a Paizo Evil AP likely will be even more popular.

And if you look at some of the announced products coming this fall I suppose we should have guessed a little better They have a product on black markets and another on dirty tactics so they are getting ready and I haven't seen too much negative on those product. I think this evil AP will do fine probably better in fact than just another average AP of the traditional variety.

As for the AP to be announced in July unfortunately the support products have not been announced yet so it will be harder for us to guess but JJ did say traditional so I guess that means no planet hopping or strange new lands but somewhere in the Inner Sea.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Of course not all subscribe, I've never subscribed and Giantslayer is the first I've skipped since discovering adventure paths at the beginning of Kingmaker :-)


baron arem heshvaun wrote:
roysier wrote:
Actually for awhile I had a group on Sunday and some of those players also played on a Wednesday game and between the 2 groups we played all the AP's

[jaw drops]

WOW.

You have played through all the APs?!

That's saying a lot, did you cast extended Time Stop?

Please tell me how you did this I wish to find time like you!

OK, almost all: Rise of the Runelords, Crimson Throne, Kingmaker, Serpent Skull, Carrion Crown, Shattered Star, Skulls and Shackles, Reign of Winter, Wrath of the Righteous.

Most of those were completed to the end.

Iron Gods, Hell's Rebels and Hell's Angels is on the schedule to start someday.

My group has not interest in Mummy's Mask or GiantSlayer.

Dark Archive

Still very nicely done!

Our immediate group has only completed Age of Worms, Rise of the Runelords, Council of Thieves and Shattered Star. Additionally we took our PFS characters from level 1 to 16 using Pathfinder modules.

We did start Wrath of the Righteous, Carrion Crown and Crimson Throne, and hope to continue those.

What about Shackled City, Savage Tide, Second Darkness, Council of Thieves, Legacy of Fire and Jade Reagent, you did not mention those.

We should start a poll of witch one we have all played.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

Fire it up!

You should probably start a new thread, though. ^_^


baron arem heshvaun wrote:

Still very nicely done!

Our immediate group has only completed Age of Worms, Rise of the Runelords, Council of Thieves and Shattered Star. Additionally we took our PFS characters from level 1 to 16 using Pathfinder modules.

We did start Wrath of the Righteous, Carrion Crown and Crimson Throne, and hope to continue those.

What about Shackled City, Savage Tide, Second Darkness, Council of Thieves, Legacy of Fire and Jade Reagent, you did not mention those.

We should start a poll of witch one we have all played.

Oops missed Jade Regent we finished that. With so much to play written for Pathfinder we shy away from 3.5 written stuff. We also skipped CofThieves due to poor reviews


OK, back to guessing, It will be traditional and it needs to sell, so it needs to attract an audience, possibly new people to subscriptions.

I'm going to guess around the world in 80 days like AP. The party takes a magical air balloon and each AP stops in a new setting, in that way you can have one part in Tian Xia, one part in Acadia, etc.

I would guess a around the world ship voyage, but Paizo recently covered ships in Skulls and Shackles.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I am guessing a dwarf AP for 3 bigger reasons. 1) a Paizo chat question over a year ago, FROM James Jacobs asking people how they would feel about an AP where everyone else plays the same race. 2) at Paizo Con I asked if Giant Slayer counted as the dwarf AP, because playing a dwarf there was pretty natural. The whole panel had an answer and there wasn't any hemming or hawing. Which indicates that it's on the table at least. 3) they mentioned a Derro announcement that was upcoming and I didn't see any obvious Derro stuff on the table. That would fit a dwarf AP.

Less important stuff, they are doing more dwarf materIal. In PFS dwarf stuff has been important. And lots of people have pretty developed ideas about dwarves. See, e.g. The last two pages of the homosexuality in Golarion page.

Things I think are on the board:

Jatembe AP -- if people keep clammoring
Lost shore of Varisia AP with Pazuzu and Kamashtu and the Misbegotten Prince

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

Blazing Saddles Quote:
"Taggart: What do you want me to do, sir?
Hedley Lamarr: I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the west. Take this down.
[Taggart looks for a pen and paper while Hedley talks]
Hedley Lamarr: I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull d*%$s, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.
Taggart: [finding pen and paper] Are these playable classes for Paizo's new AP, sir?"


Kalindlara wrote:
Albatoonoe wrote:
You know, if they really want to do something crazy for APs, they should do one that involves Eox, Apostae, and Aucturn. A space horror themed adventure would be actually crazy.

I don't know if Apostae belongs on that list so much. I'd go with Eox and the Diaspora, plus maybe a little Aucturn. Not because Aucturn isn't horror - it very much is - but because it works best as a barely-understood enigma. If you wander all over it and learn all its secrets... it won't be The Stranger anymore. ^_^

Plus, Eox and the Diaspora have a history that ties them together.

Apostae has the "weird monster" angle, which I think is rife for horror themes. Though you are right, it isn't necessarily a horror planet. And yeah, I forgot about the Diaspora. That's a perfect addition.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

There's at least one place in the Diaspora that's perfect for horror - the Wailing Stone. And if you like your horror aquatic, the unexplained predators of Nisis are ready to meet you.

If Eox is used, attention should be paid to those locations that underscore the tragedy of Eox's apocalypse. Facinora Basin and Remembrance Rock are the big names here.

Of the Dreamer's moons, the lost people of Melos and the gas clouds of Osoro have potential, but for my taste... not horror enough.

And, obviously... anything from the Stranger would be appropriate. Just don't overdo it.

That's my thought on a DW/space horror, anyway. ^_^

401 to 421 of 421 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / General Discussion / Time to guess what next AP will be. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion