>>Ask *Tacticslion* to Favorite ALL Your Posts Here!!<<


Off-Topic Discussions

251 to 300 of 2,228 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I like everyone!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

My favorite thing about The Simpsons is it made it socially acceptable for adults to watch cartoons, necessary even :-)

Happy fun confessional time, I love Family Guy Star Wars even more then the original movies, I also love Spongebob Squarepants and have seen every episode and both movies :-)

Fair enough. Can't stand the sponge - it makes my head hurt and brain run more slowly just by proximity. I know several very intelligent people who... who... blech... who... like... hrk... it... and... uuuuggghhhuuuhhh... that's... that's... fine... mm. Yes. It's fine. ;D

EDIT: Though Family Guy Star Wars is pretty awesome.

Also, for the Simpsons, I have a... thing... about protagonists that are too stupid or malevolent (or just jerk-ish, even sans active malice). It's why I never got into the The Simpsons (also, my parents forbade such, and I saw nothing to contradict this), South Park, or Married With Children, for example.

thegreenteagamer wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Do you guys want to watch this show! i cannot tell you how many people i've told about it, and then never watch it, while giving half-assed excuses (except thegreenarrowgamer, he has a very relevant excuse:-p) its really good, got us thru the great flea epidemic of 2012:-)
I will give it a shot soon as my 4GLTE resets!

Not seen it. Might have to check it. :D

Gambitbear wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Gambitbear wrote:
I was born too late for the Thundercats era. I'm more of a Ninja Turtles/Animaniacs/Gargoyles/Batman TAS/Amazing Spiderman/Sonic SatAM/etc. era kid.
Strategytiger wrote:

There was some generational overlap with those shows, Gambitbear. For example, I watched the heck out of some Animaniacs in middle school.

I am a massive Pinky and the Brain fan. I have the entire series on DVD, and it gets much playtime. I also have all but one Animaniacs.

I just need to find Pinky, Elmira and the Brain to complete the collection with that last, obscure, unpopular edition.

See, I watched the cartoons Gambitbear mentions into Highschool and college. Yes, I was a nerd. I don't caaaaare~!
Oh hey, no disagreement here, I blitzed through Gargoyles a couple years back myself, and Beast Wars while I was at it.
Tacticslioness wrote:
Gargoyles is the best.

Yes. Yes it is. Objectively. :D

(Except for the series-add-on-that-shan't-be-named.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I can do the voices of a Spongebob (especially his laugh:-D), Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Larry the Lobster and Karen flawlessly, i'm passable as Plankton and Pearlie (Mr. Krabs Whale of a daughter:-p)

i'm a voices kind of guy:-)

kids love me :-p


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Gambitbear wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Gambitbear wrote:
I was born too late for the Thundercats era. I'm more of a Ninja Turtles/Animaniacs/Gargoyles/Batman TAS/Amazing Spiderman/Sonic SatAM/etc. era kid.
Strategytiger wrote:

There was some generational overlap with those shows, Gambitbear. For example, I watched the heck out of some Animaniacs in middle school.

I am a massive Pinky and the Brain fan. I have the entire series on DVD, and it gets much playtime. I also have all but one Animaniacs.

I just need to find Pinky, Elmira and the Brain to complete the collection with that last, obscure, unpopular edition.

See, I watched the cartoons Gambitbear mentions into Highschool and college. Yes, I was a nerd. I don't caaaaare~!
Oh hey, no disagreement here, I blitzed through Gargoyles a couple years back myself, and Beast Wars while I was at it.
Tacticslioness wrote:
Gargoyles is the best.

Yes. Yes it is. Objectively. :D

(Except for the series-add-on-that-shan't-be-named.)

I dunno what you're talking about. When the TV series got cancelled they released the 3rd-season-to-be as an excellent comic book. It was great, if sadly short.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

When the Simpsons came out, it was a time when, prior to this, all cartoons were kid friendly. As a result, my parents didn't know any better until I was at least two seasons in and ingrained enough that I didn't want out.

I distinctly remember my father sitting me and my best friend at the time down saying, "Oh look, some kind of Christmas special. You two enjoy," for the first episode.

Unlike Peter Griffin, Homer 1) actually is a good person at heart, even if he's an idiot, and 2) is actually naturally intelligent, but has a crayon jammed in his brain. There was a great Flowers For Algernon spoof addressing that. A poignant episode that resonated strongly with me growing up gifted and the treatment I received for it as a youth.

Lousy society actually looking down on people for being mentally capable. Our world where it's okay to call someone a nerd, but call the other guy an idiot and you get a referral....

Rassin frassin...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah my parents figured that one out really quick. I remember - vaguely - seeing some Simpsons episodes when I was five or six, before my Dad very firmly decided that we weren't going to watch that show.

It was either 1990 or 1991, and I'd only seen a few episodes, and it wasn't Ninja Turtles (which was hands-down my favorite TV show of all time until I was eight or nine, when it stopped showing new stuff and got replaced by Power Rangers, which within a year got replaced by Batman TAS, Amazing Spider-Man, and the X-Men cartoon), so it didn't phase me much to lose it.

It wasn't until I was in junior high that I realized how much of a minority I was in, when nearly everyone around me could quote Simpsons stuff and would talk about certain episodes, and by then I got so sick of the peer overexposure that I didn't want to see it, which mostly still persists to this day.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

My favorite thing about The Simpsons is it made it socially acceptable for adults to watch cartoons, necessary even :-)

Happy fun confessional time, I love Family Guy Star Wars even more then the original movies, I also love Spongebob Squarepants and have seen every episode and both movies :-)

Fair enough. Can't stand the sponge - it makes my head hurt and brain run more slowly just by proximity. I know several very intelligent people who... who... blech... who... like... hrk... it... and... uuuuggghhhuuuhhh... that's... that's... fine... mm. Yes. It's fine. ;D

Oh yeah. My dad loves SpongeBob for some reason. I have yet to understand it, but I can't tolerate it much myself.

Tacticslion wrote:
Also, for the Simpsons, I have a... thing... about protagonists that are too stupid or malevolent (or just jerk-ish, even sans active malice). It's why I never got into the The Simpsons (also, my parents forbade such, and I saw nothing to contradict this), South Park, or Married With Children, for example.

Oh yeah, those series were where the idea of "family sitcom with dumb father, overbearing and/or manipulative mother, and kids running rampant" really got its start, wasn't it? One of my least favorite tropes in TV storytelling, really. =/


1 person marked this as a favorite.

In other news: hoping we can go somewhere for Mother's Day this afternoon. Haven't heard from the parents as far as scheduling goes though.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Marge certainly isn't overbearing, and Lisa isn't out of control.

Really it promotes the "males are awful, females are incapable of doing wrong" trope more than anything.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I wouldn't know, but it's more of a general trope of that kind of family-based sitcom of the late-80s to today in total, rather than speaking specifically.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Grabbing the roses and heading over to ma's soon. Feelin good today had a celebration yesterday for finishing college again. 3 cakes, 2 kegs, and 25#s of smoked pulled pork all gone! I love it when a plan comes together. /lights cigar

I watched the simpons for awhile got tired of it same with family guy. I loved me some duck tails as a kid.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I love pretty much all cartoons, right meow my favorites are Archer and Bob's Burgers

See what you made me do, create a new alias :-)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Also happy Meowthers Day Lady Firedove:-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

SIMPSONS AND MARRIED WITH CHILDREN FOR LIFE!

also love bobs burgers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ah, the evidence for being the anti-Freehold continues to pile up.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
SomethingsomethingCaracal wrote:
Also happy Meowthers Day Lady Firedove:-)

+1


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What is your favorite post?

What is your favorite post of mine?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Happy Mother's Day, all! Happy Mother's Day, my Love!

I'll get back on the question-answering wagon soon enough!

EDIT: Note to self: fifteen posts. XD


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
SomethingsomethingCaracal wrote:
Also happy Meowthers Day Lady Firedove:-)
+1

Thanks! I appreciate it!

It's been a good family day. :)


Lady Firedove wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
SomethingsomethingCaracal wrote:
Also happy Meowthers Day Lady Firedove:-)
+1

Thanks! I appreciate it!

It's been a good family day. :)

Meow you're talking!

why yes i do this to people at work, especially stoned teenagers on Saturday nights, my favorite night to work because i can totally mess with people and no one remembers to complain about it:-D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You totally threw me with that avatar pic. I was reading your post thinking, what the heck, my hubby never works Saturday nights. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gambitbear wrote:
I wouldn't know, but it's more of a general trope of that kind of family-based sitcom of the late-80s to today in total, rather than speaking specifically.

We went to an awesome local Italian place and chatted for a while over great salad and garlic rolls, and got a couple days' worth of leftovers out of our main courses. Mission accomplished =)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

There you go, made it much less confusing :-)

It seemed like a better idea in my head at the time :-)

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

You all do realize that this entire thread is irrelevant unless Tacticslion favorites all of his own posts, don't you?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

HangarFlying, I think you just blew my mind, man.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I used to think my posts that Tacticslion favorited were special. That his approval was something significant. Now, I am no longer sure that his approval means anything seeing how freely it is given away.

CURSE YOU JIGGY! THIS THREAD HAS UNDERMINED MY SELF CONFIDENCE!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Anytime you make a new avvy for a thread, its a good thread.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Kretzer wrote:

What is your favorite post?

What is your favorite post of mine?

Why have you not answered these questions yet?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Kretzer wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:

What is your favorite post?

What is your favorite post of mine?

Why have you not answered these questions yet?

~smirks~ It is because you are not his favorite.

Spoiler:
At lease until he favorite's you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!

TL MEGA-POST INCOMING!

5... 4... 3... 2... 1... 0~!

IT BEGINS:

captain yesterday wrote:

I can do the voices of a Spongebob (especially his laugh:-D), Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Larry the Lobster and Karen flawlessly, i'm passable as Plankton and Pearlie (Mr. Krabs Whale of a daughter:-p)

i'm a voices kind of guy:-)

kids love me :-p

I, too, am a "voices" guy, though I'm inconsistent at best. I am, however, known for my "cow". Mooooooooooooo~!

Gambitbear wrote:
I dunno what you're talking about. When the TV series got cancelled they released the 3rd-season-to-be as an excellent comic book. It was great, if sadly short.

To break my own rule mentioned above, just for others' knowledge, I'm going to name it: there was a series of Gargoyles towards the end of its run called Goliath Chronicles. It was... less awesome than the rest of the show.

Strategytiger wrote:

When the Simpsons came out, it was a time when, prior to this, all cartoons were kid friendly. As a result, my parents didn't know any better until I was at least two seasons in and ingrained enough that I didn't want out.

I distinctly remember my father sitting me and my best friend at the time down saying, "Oh look, some kind of Christmas special. You two enjoy," for the first episode.

Unlike Peter Griffin, Homer 1) actually is a good person at heart, even if he's an idiot, and 2) is actually naturally intelligent, but has a crayon jammed in his brain. There was a great Flowers For Algernon spoof addressing that. A poignant episode that resonated strongly with me growing up gifted and the treatment I received for it as a youth.

Lousy society actually looking down on people for being mentally capable. Our world where it's okay to call someone a nerd, but call the other guy an idiot and you get a referral....

Rassin frassin...

Gambitbear wrote:

Yeah my parents figured that one out really quick. I remember - vaguely - seeing some Simpsons episodes when I was five or six, before my Dad very firmly decided that we weren't going to watch that show.

It was either 1990 or 1991, and I'd only seen a few episodes, and it wasn't Ninja Turtles (which was hands-down my favorite TV show of all time until I was eight or nine, when it stopped showing new stuff and got replaced by Power Rangers, which within a year got replaced by Batman TAS, Amazing Spider-Man, and the X-Men cartoon), so it didn't phase me much to lose it.

It wasn't until I was in junior high that I realized how much of a minority I was in, when nearly everyone around me could quote Simpsons stuff and would talk about certain episodes, and by then I got so sick of the peer overexposure that I didn't want to see it, which mostly still persists to this day.

My experience was much closer to Gambitbear's. I didn't see a full episode until something like six years ago... with my father at his house. Because we were both adults. I never really missed it, even in high school. I was always supremely uninterested in seeing either that or South Park - the other super-popular show at the time - and the more people quoted and described them to interest me the less my interest became.

Gambitbear wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

My favorite thing about The Simpsons is it made it socially acceptable for adults to watch cartoons, necessary even :-)

Happy fun confessional time, I love Family Guy Star Wars even more then the original movies, I also love Spongebob Squarepants and have seen every episode and both movies :-)

Fair enough. Can't stand the sponge - it makes my head hurt and brain run more slowly just by proximity. I know several very intelligent people who... who... blech... who... like... hrk... it... and... uuuuggghhhuuuhhh... that's... that's... fine... mm. Yes. It's fine. ;D

Oh yeah. My dad loves SpongeBob for some reason. I have yet to understand it, but I can't tolerate it much myself.

Tacticslion wrote:
Also, for the Simpsons, I have a... thing... about protagonists that are too stupid or malevolent (or just jerk-ish, even sans active malice). It's why I never got into the The Simpsons (also, my parents forbade such, and I saw nothing to contradict this), South Park, or Married With Children, for example.
Oh yeah, those series were where the idea of "family sitcom with dumb father, overbearing and/or manipulative mother, and kids running rampant" really got its start, wasn't it? One of my least favorite tropes in TV storytelling, really. =/

I always have a headache after Spongebob. Blech to bad family tropes.

Strategytiger wrote:

Marge certainly isn't overbearing, and Lisa isn't out of control.

Really it promotes the "males are awful, females are incapable of doing wrong" trope more than anything.

Also (but lesser) blech to these tropes. Not because it has strong female characters - that's a good thing - but I feel that it continually stresses inequity in family and personal expectations.

Gambitbear wrote:
I wouldn't know, but it's more of a general trope of that kind of family-based sitcom of the late-80s to today in total, rather than speaking specifically.

Exactly. And, to be clear, referencing said tropes is actually fine... I just don't like the whole show to be nothing but.

Gambitbear wrote:
In other news: hoping we can go somewhere for Mother's Day this afternoon. Haven't heard from the parents as far as scheduling goes though.

A bit late, but the whole time I was thinking, "Good luck, and God bless you!

... and then...

Gambitbear wrote:
Gambitbear wrote:
I wouldn't know, but it's more of a general trope of that kind of family-based sitcom of the late-80s to today in total, rather than speaking specifically.
We went to an awesome local Italian place and chatted for a while over great salad and garlic rolls, and got a couple days' worth of leftovers out of our main courses. Mission accomplished =)

Congratulations! Woot!

Planpanther wrote:

Grabbing the roses and heading over to ma's soon. Feelin good today had a celebration yesterday for finishing college again. 3 cakes, 2 kegs, and 25#s of smoked pulled pork all gone! I love it when a plan comes together. /lights cigar

I watched the simpons for awhile got tired of it same with family guy. I loved me some duck tails as a kid.

Ack! Allergic! Alleeeeeeeerrrrrrrrgiiiiiiiic!

Also, congratulations! And happy (belated) mother's day to you and your mother!

Also, also: DUCK TAIL - WOO~OO! (And the Moon Theme~!)

SomethingsomethingCaracal wrote:

I love pretty much all cartoons, right meow my favorites are Archer and Bob's Burgers

See what you made me do, create a new alias :-)

Glad you're enjoying! (Take this as applying to what you will in this comment. :D)

SomethingsomethingCaracal wrote:
Also happy Meowthers Day Lady Firedove:-)

Huzzah!

Freehold DM wrote:

SIMPSONS AND MARRIED WITH CHILDREN FOR LIFE!

also love bobs burgers.

... enjoy! (At least we'll always have 08th MS Team!)

Bizarro Freehold wrote:
Ah, the evidence for being the anti-Freehold continues to pile up.

I've not actually seen Bob's Burgers, so I can't comment. I like the name, though!

Freehold DM wrote:
SomethingsomethingCaracal wrote:
Also happy Meowthers Day Lady Firedove:-)
+1

Huzzah! +1!

John Kretzer wrote:

What is your favorite post?

What is your favorite post of mine?

1: I don't know. It's a really good question. I'd have to think about it some more, and, likely, I'll forget by the time I'm done, because I have children and attention defic-SHINY!

2: Dunno! I don't go archive diving enough to know for sure, and I like enough things that I can't recall my favorite's from everyone! It's like Tin Foil Yamakah - I'd once favorite'd a post of his talking about his wife, but it'd been so long since I'd read that, I forgot he had a wife, at least consciously. So... I dunno!

Lady Firedove wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
SomethingsomethingCaracal wrote:
Also happy Meowthers Day Lady Firedove:-)
+1

Thanks! I appreciate it!

It's been a good family day. :)

Yes! (And a really, really busy Monday after, as it turns out.)

StreetwiseHousecat wrote:
Lady Firedove wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
SomethingsomethingCaracal wrote:
Also happy Meowthers Day Lady Firedove:-)
+1

Thanks! I appreciate it!

It's been a good family day. :)

Meow you're talking!

why yes i do this to people at work, especially stoned teenagers on Saturday nights, my favorite night to work because i can totally mess with people and no one remembers to complain about it:-D

My, what a handsome fell- Ah, man, you changed it! 'Tis probably for the best, though! ;P

Also, you're going to keep the InternationalPunRegistry really, really busy, aren't you?

Lady Firedove wrote:
You totally threw me with that avatar pic. I was reading your post thinking, what the heck, my hubby never works Saturday nights. :)

He didn't throw me off! ... wait.


StreetwiseHousecat wrote:

There you go, made it much less confusing :-)

It seemed like a better idea in my head at the time :-)

That's (many things within) my life. :D

HangarFlying wrote:
You all do realize that this entire thread is irrelevant unless Tacticslion favorites all of his own posts, don't you?

Nuuuuu-

Strategytiger wrote:
HangarFlying, I think you just blew my mind, man.

Nnnnnnnnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Dieben wrote:

I used to think my posts that Tacticslion favorited were special. That his approval was something significant. Now, I am no longer sure that his approval means anything seeing how freely it is given away.

CURSE YOU JIGGY! THIS THREAD HAS UNDERMINED MY SELF CONFIDENCE!

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Stratagem wrote:
Anytime you make a new avvy for a thread, its a good thread.

... okay. Life's good again! :D

John Kretzer wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:

What is your favorite post?

What is your favorite post of mine?

Why have you not answered these questions yet?

Because I hadn't answered any posts, yet.

Sharoth wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:

What is your favorite post?

What is your favorite post of mine?

Why have you not answered these questions yet?

~smirks~ It is because you are not his favorite.

** spoiler omitted **

Or you could interpret it this way. (Which is both true and misleading. My favorite - ever - is my wife and my children and my God and my family. Buuuuu~uuut that's not, exactly, why I hadn't answered that yet, though it was related to those. But I like you! :D)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Heh. I am aware of Goliath Chronicles, though I never actually watched it - for some reason the Disney channel never played 3rd-season stuff while we were watching Gargoyles, both in syndication and in reruns (I guess we missed the third season in syndication somehow? I'd have to look up what year it came out and apathy has set in). I didn't know it existed until a few years back when I blitzed through the entire series and the comics - in fact I'd never actually seen the Season 2 Finale before then, either, so I didn't know about the Gargoyles' existence getting publicly revealed, the destruction of the Clocktower, or any of the other events that lead into Season 3.

Your feelings also mirror mine on South Park. I remember hearing some kids at school quoting it and other than the "You killed Kenny!" gag (which was semi-funny but still annoying for the swearing that accompanied it, and yes those words before and after were considered swearing in my family, and still are) most of it got a "Wow that's stupid/gross/crude/not funny" reaction from me.

Quote:
Also, also: DUCK TAIL - WOO~OO! (And the Moon Theme~!)

Life is like a hurricane, here in Duckburg~


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes; it's a duck-blur~


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Might solve a mystry or rewrite history~


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ducktails! Woo~hoo!:

I could't break the chain, but my habit of keeping extra tabs open saved it! Also, the links above lead to the lyrics, as does this one, if you're in need... :D

Finally:

FOR POSTERITY, THE MINISTRY OF TRUTH REVEALS: deleted post one and deleted post two!

captain yesterday wrote:

Oh come on! It was the easiest song to find

Also loved that show, tho Darkling Duck will always be my favorite..... after Talespin that is:-D

Tacticslion wrote:
Boo! You broke the chain!

BUWAHAHAHAHAH~! NONE ESCAPE THE EYES OF THE MINISTRY!

... also Talespin and Darkwing Duck. (I prefer the latter, myself, though both were great.)


Disney sure has dropped in quality in the last two decades when you list that stuff out. I watched and enjoyed all of those shows.

Meanwhile, Frozen is the most overrated movie in the history of filmmaking. It wasn't bad, but what the heck was with that hype? I know adults who were swearing I had to see it.

Seriously, even for a kid's movie it was mediocre.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

My Daughter likes Frozen, not her favorite, she hasn't even really asked for one of the dolls, I must be the only dad of an eleven year old girl that can say that:-D

Brave on the other hand, is like my daughter taken cartoon form:-)

She loves that movie, I love it because it gives me an opening for Kingmaker:-D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I really liked it because of how much focus it had on non-romantic/sexual love and relationships, something you don't get a lot of out of Disney. Nearly every story focuses heavily on the "happily ever after" and the prince-and-princess partnership; Frozen I really liked because how the romance stories were extremely secondary and the primary focus was on the sisters' relationship.


You mean exactly like Malifacent ?


I've never seen Maleficent so I can't comment. I've gotten mixed to negative reactions to it from almost everyone I've spoken to who's seen it, so I didn't waste the money. You're the absolute first person I've spoken to who seems to be positively inclined toward it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

She's not even an Anti-hero, she's the hero, they are quite upfront with that from the start, its not a subtle movie (tho again one of my daughter's favorites)

They're all well done movies and can't go wrong watching any of them :-)


That's even worse. I want my Maleficent to be the badass villain, not a hero or antihero.


I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying it's phenomenally overrated and mediocre. Mediocre is acceptable. However if it were half as good as people claim I'd be twice as interested as I was.


*shrug* I thought it was extremely good. We'll have to disagree.


Also, my point with Malifacent was that it did the exact same romance-in-the-background, empowering female non-sexual relationship in the foreground, lead character is misunderstood and screwed over by male character pattern.


I'll take your word for it. =)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Man, you guys are the worst at chains. I mean, like, seriously.

I love Frozen, though its music is better than the movie.
I love Tangled, though its movie is better than its story.
I love Malificent, though its retcon is painful in its own way (as I love the original as well).

In any event, this isn't the first time Disney "canon" quality dipped.

1) Snow White This animation still looks amazing today
2) Pinocchio
3) Fantasia
4) Dumbo
5) Bambi
6) Saludos Amigos Biiiiiig budget cuts for the wartime
7) The Three Caballeros Biiiiiig budget cuts for the wartime
8) Make Mine Music Uuuuuuuuhhhh...
9) Fun and Fancy Free ...
10) Melody Time >.>
11) The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad Sigh.
12) Cinderella FINALLY
13) Alice in Wonderland
14) Peter Pan
15) Lady and the Tramp
16) Sleeping Beauty
17) One Hundred and One Dalmations great story, great art, terrible budget
18) Sword in the Stone Woo!
19) The Jungle Book Still low-budget
20) The Aristocats No, really, loooowwwww budget
21) Robin Hood Just because it's a favorite o' mine doesn't mean the budget wasn't rock bottom
22) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ... really?
23) The Rescuers WHY DO GREAT MOVIES HAVE SUCK BUDGETS?!
24) The Fox and the Hound aka "the best childhood movie"
25) The Black Cauldron AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH~!
26) The Great Mouse Detective Baaaaassssiiiillll~!
27) Oliver & Company meh
28) The Little Mermaid Finally! Rebellious girls and bad/weird fathers: start!
29) The Rescuers Down Under heart this film!
30) Beauty and the Beast HEART this film!
31) Aladdin YES
32) The Lion King YES
33) Pocahontas the wife and I disagree here, but I grew up with the legend so...
34) The Hunchback of Notre Dame YES
35) Hercules very dumb; terrible continuity; fun
36) Mulan YES (mostly)
37) Tarzaon still good!
38) Fantasia 2000 ... nice music? and visuals
39) Dinosaur ... okay, CGI has arrived.
40) The Emperor's New Groove UNDERRATED
41) Atlantis: Lost Empire ALSO
42) Lilo & Stitch Weee~!
43) Treasure Planet Good music, gorgeous visuals, nice film; weird (if interesting) aesthetic
44) Brother Bear look, I like what you're trying to do, buuuuut...
45) Home on the Range :I
46) Chicken Little >:(
47) Meet the Robinsons If this were in 2D, it would be amazing. If it weren't trying so hard to be ZANY it would also be amazing. As it is, it's... good; better than it looks.
48) Bolt UNDERRATED
49) The Princess and the Frog LOOOOOVE IT
50) Tangled WHY DID NO ONE MENTION IT'S NUMBER 50 ANYWHERE?!? WHAT. DISNEY. BAAAAAAAAAAAD DISNEY!
51) Winnie the Pooh who keeps putting these on here??
52) Wreck-It Ralph YUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS
53) Frozen Excellent; overrated, but justifiable due to music and themes
54) Big Hero 6 YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHH~!

So... yep.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Now, the only one of those I've seen all the way through is 'The Black Cauldron', at age 7 or so. I started screaming halfway through and had to be carried out of the cinema.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Um, wow you know your Disney, my personal Disney favorite was the one with the alien kids :-)

Anyway, did you all know Charlie Day from it's always sunny in Philadelphia and his real life wife "the Waitress" once played a incestuous backwoods couple on Reno 911!

It's hilarious (and gross:-D)

Edit: lastly by saying Emperors New Groove is underrated you really mean one of the best ever I hope :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Took my daughter to see Bolt in the theater, didn't tell her, it was a complete surprise, the look of sheer wonder and amazement she had as she sat on the edge of her seat thru the whole movie is one of my favorite moments with her :-)

251 to 300 of 2,228 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *Tacticslion* to Favorite ALL Your Posts Here!!<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.