>>Ask Crystal All the Things!!!<<


Off-Topic Discussions

251 to 300 of 1,017 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
Would it be okay to ask you a long complicated question regarding a character I'm designing?
Sure!

Alright, here we go...

Don't say I didn't warn you, it's a whopper!:
Lately I've been flustered trying to plan out the mythic tier abilities I want to pick for the Wrath of the Righteous character I'm building and preparing for. Here's the basics of his story:

Eirtor Parnknot-Laurelshield (or Parnknot-Bloodstone, I can't decide) was born in Mendev to Kellid parents, the descendant of Sarkorian refugees that fled the Worldwound when it opened. His life was relatively quiet until a demon slipped through the wardstones. He jumped in front of the demon, who slashed his face and cast him aside before murdering his parents. The demon was slain by Prelate Hulrun and his inquisitors, who'd arrived to question his parents on suspicion of witchcraft. Finding their suspects dead and their son barely alive, Hulrun committed a rare act of charity, bringing the boy back to Kenabres and having Iomedean priests nurse the lad back to health.

When Eirtor awakened, he was changed. His left eye, where the demon's claw struck him, had turned inky black, with a golden iris and it now seemed unable to close. Whether the lad blinked or slept or sneezed, only his right eye would ever close, his left staring ominously out of a scarred eyelid. Hulrun prepared to interrogate him, seeing this development as a sure sign of demonic taint, only to be stopped by an unlikely source: Crocris the park druid. Crocris was kin to Eirtor's parents, and vouched for him, claiming the boy could have known nothing about such matters, and even if his parents had been involved in anything, it didn't matter now, as they were dead. Hulrun grudgingly allowed Crocris to take Eirtor in.

Crocris raised Eirtor like a son, and the pair tended to Truestone Park in the city as Eirtor grew. Crocris taught him the ways of the Green Faith, and set him on the path to becoming a druid himself. But Eirtor also felt some measure of awe at the crusaders that populated Kenabres, often going among the camps near the city and watching them ride, though he had to wear an eyepatch to hide his left eye. He even held a small measure of respect for Prelate Hulrun, despite the man's stubborn zeal and suspicious nature. It's hard NOT to respect a man who saved your life, after all. During this time, Eirtor noticed that he was more hale and hearty than other children his age. One time he'd taken a kick to the head from a crusader's horse and stood up immediately after, no worse for wear. He almost never became ill, and one time even ate a poisonous weed on a dare and was completely unharmed (though he DID get in trouble after several less hardy boys attempted to replicate his feat). Crocris told him of his late parents and their time together as youths, of the glories of lost Sarkoris and her Circle of Hierophants, of Pulura's Fall and the Forest of Stones and the Crystal Citadel of Iz, now all lost to taint and evil. Eirtor decided that when he was ready, he would venture with the crusaders into the Worldwound and fight the demons that had despoiled his ancestors' home, and make a new Sarkoris for the scattered peoples. Crocris, for his part, was cynical of these grand dreams.

As Eirtor took his first level in the Druid class (specifically the Nature Fang archetype), he looked forward to the upcoming Armasse. Though a holiday brought by southerners, he couldn't wait to watch the knights parade...He had no idea that soon his destiny would come rushing to greet him...

As this story indicates, Eirtor will be taking the Exposed to Awfulness trait, and I plan on taking the Dual-Path feat to take both Guardian (which ties in with the trait) and Hierophant, both of which are potent. What I hope to do is take Divine Source three times and make Eirtor into a new god, but I'm not sure just what domains to take, based on his story and whatever themes I might want to introduce for him. I want to base him off the Celtic peoples of Britain, especially Iron Age tribes like the Iceni and later the Ebdanians of ancient Ireland and the infamous Picts, as Wes Schneider has said the ancient Irish clans were part of his inspiration for Sarkoris. My goal was to sort of create a god with Celtic/Arthurian overtones who could accomodate both druids and paladins in his faith, and wasn't completely detached from humanity's issues like Gozreh, or so monofocused on the simple life that their faithful couldn't aspire to things like heroism or kingship like Erastil.

Good is a given, as I plan on making him NG, and taking the Agathion subdomain at subsequent tiers of Divine Source, since Nirvana is the NG plane and Agathions have a bestial aspect that meshes well with druidism, even if Eirtor doesn't wildshape himself.

In other threads where I've asked about building Eirtor, the Glory Domain came up as a suggestion, especially with the Heroism subdomain and I have to agree it's a good idea. Not only are the spells it offers conducive to my goal of making Eirtor sort of like a druidic pseudo-paladin. It also ties in nicely with the sort of warrior hero culture that appears in Celtic mythology frequently with figures like Cuchulain, Fionn mac Cumhaill, Bran the Blessed and, of course, King Arthur himself.

Which leads to the inevitable question: "What next?" I have room for two more domains with the second and third Divine Source, and I can't figure out what else to take. Weather, with the Storms subdomain to sort of set myself up as a rival to Korramzadeh, the Storm King? With the Seasons subdomain to reflect the Green Faith's emphasis on the cycles of nature? Earth to represent a connection to the land? Plant, to emphasize the tree in his name (LAURELshield)? I can't decide. Any assistance you guys can give would be most appreciated. I know you're probably all tired of hearing me ask about building this guy, but I really want to make sure that I don't overload him with symbols and stuff to the point where it feels ridiculous. I want to use Celtic symbols like the wheel, various trees, swords and cauldrons, but I want to be subtle about it so the character is actually a character rather than a coat-rack to hang various Celtic stuff on, which is why I asked you that question about symbolism earlier.

I should add that SPOILERS! are not an issue for me. I own all six books of Wrath of the Righteous, and have read them probably more than any other AP I own. In fact I actively seek SPOILERS! out in order to better align my character's story and progression with Pathfinder canon and the narrative themes the AP explores and the ideas it discusses.

Thank you. I apologize for the WALL OF TEXT that was just thrown at you...


Merisiel Sillvari wrote:

How come you're so awesome?

Spoiler:
Draw pictures of me!!!!!!

Well, Crystal said she was busy, but I can always try...

So, uh, here we go! Again!

... ˷˷ ˷˷
. \(٥'٥)/
... §--§
/ [ [ = ] ] \
| .[~][~] . |
T . {| |} .. k
.... {| |}
... <- ->

... see, the ˷˷ ˷˷ is your parted hair, the \(**)/ are your ears framing your face, the §|-|§ is your neck framed by your hair, with / [[ _ ]] \ being your upper arms and torso, the | [~][~] | being your lower arms (on the side) and belt, with your right hand (on our left, looking at it) holding a dagger, and your left hand (on our right) holding two daggers. The {||} are your legs (upper and lower), and <--> are your feet! Just like your picture! (Well, with less stuff, 'cause, uh, you're relaxing today or something... yeah. Also I don't know how to make the extra stuff.)

... man, that took me forever. Had a lot of help from this list of characters plus Google searches! :D

Hope you like it! ... or at least won't stab me. >.>


Who would win in a fight? Merisiel or Harsk?

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Quote:
Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
How come you're so awesome?

I was tempered in hellfire and quenched in human mercy and love.

Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
Draw pictures of me!!!!!!

Yes. Yes I will.


:D

Awesome!

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
Would it be okay to ask you a long complicated question regarding a character I'm designing?
Sure!

Alright, here we go...

** spoiler omitted **...

It sounds like you have a broad foundation planned out already, so at this point I'd recommend playing for a while and seeing how he grows organically.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Quote:
Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
How come you're so awesome?

I was tempered in hellfire and quenched in human mercy and love.

Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
Draw pictures of me!!!!!!
Yes. Yes I will.

YAY!

More!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Is it wrong of me to lament the fact that the gap in quality between the York and Lancaster football teams is too big for them to be in the same league, thus bereaving us of a War of the Roses derby?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Crystal Frasier wrote:
I also tend towards the martial classes--fighter, barbarians, rangers, and rogues--so naturally I am widely hated here at the Paizo offices :D

It all makes sense now! (^o^)

Have you tried out anything by Dreamscarred Press? Particularly in their psionics or path of war line?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What do you think of a romance of/in the inner sea book?

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

6 people marked this as a favorite.
xavier c wrote:
What do you think of a romance of/in the inner sea book?

I think it is a much-needed thing and I would love to write for it!


Crystal Frasier wrote:
xavier c wrote:
What do you think of a romance of/in the inner sea book?
I think it is a much-needed thing and I would love to write for it!

Please do it!


Now I am wondering how does the sexuality of serpentfolk works...

For a moment I thought we are back in homosexuality in Golarion thread:
I think they would be mostly asexual beings (in the sense that they do not feel arousal nor sexual pleasure), treating any kind of sexuality as mammalian weakness, and functionally agendered, because outside of very occasional reproduction, they would lack any social gender distinction, no concept of masculinity or femininity, and would not think of themselves in terms of being male or female.

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:

Now I am wondering how does the sexuality of serpentfolk works...

I think they would be mostly asexual beings (in the sense that they do not feel arousal nor sexual pleasure), treating any kind of sexuality as mammalian weakness, and functionally agendered, because outside of very occasional reproduction, they would lack any social gender distinction, no concept of masculinity or femininity, and would not think of themselves in terms of being male or female.

By human standards, serpentfolk would be arguably agender and asexual, with women being only slightly larger than the men and the entire race only bothering to differentiate once a year in fertility ceremonies. And because they lay eggs rather than bear live young and serpentfolk children are nearly as functional as adults, their society has never had any real reason to differentiate between the sexes.

I would argue that among serpentfolk, the divide is obvious--men are men and women are women and other genders exist depending on birth conditions--but those difference are of of negligible importance. Instead, they view humans and similar races as unnecessarily and disgustingly polarized within their immature, mammalian societies.

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

12 people marked this as a favorite.

"Ych! Look at the little mammals, scurrying around with their external genitalia and secondary sex characteristics. I bet they're thinking about lactating right now! Shameful creatures!"

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

What do you do if you've got a character concept in mind, but are stuck between two possible class setups for it? I'm trying to create a character and can't decide whether to be a paladin/oracle or a druid/cavalier.

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
What do you do if you've got a character concept in mind, but are stuck between two possible class setups for it? I'm trying to create a character and can't decide whether to be a paladin/oracle or a druid/cavalier.

I try to focus on what class abilities and skills would be the most fun to use in-play or make the most sense flavor-wise. Then I pick the option that doesn't involve playing a Cavalier.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Crystal Frasier wrote:
"Ych! Look at the little mammals, scurrying around with their external genitalia and secondary sex characteristics. I bet they're thinking about lactating right now! Shameful creatures!"

Personally, I would see snakefolk as much less grossed by physiological functions, being rather apathetic about sex and sexuality, instead of feeling icky.

"Yes, yes, good monkey, you did fine for a soft-skin, the rest of the task is too complex for your mammalian brain, you can go and couple with the other monkey as a reward, just don't be too loud like the last time."

Of course that might be an older stance, with the new one being dictated by a strategically lost war, with the traits of the enemy being deliberately stigmatized.


Swashbucklersdc wrote:

When will we see that sequel to The Harrowing, with Brambleson escaping?

How about a Brambleson mini, or, even better, a set of the whole The Harrowing cast?

As a note, the Nightpeddler is known to have found a secret path out of The Harrowed Realm. Does this indeed mean that storykin with great force of will can actually leave the realm and continue to exist?

Thanks! Your number one The Harrowing fan!

Hey! *I* am the number one fan of The Harrowing.

Seriously, I think The Harrowing could become a campaign setting itself. Sort of like how Ravenloft was a module that turned into a campaign setting. What do you think?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Then I pick the option that doesn't involve playing a Cavalier.

Why's that, if you don't mind me asking? It's only gonna be a one-to-two level dip for weapon proficiencies and possibly a nice order ability. I plan on mostly staying a druid.

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
darth_borehd wrote:

Hey! *I* am the number one fan of The Harrowing.

Seriously, I think The Harrowing could become a campaign setting itself. Sort of like how Ravenloft was a module that turned into a campaign setting. What do you think?

*I* certainly wouldn't argue with turning the Harrowed realm into Golarion's Ravenloft, although I think Wes might prefer a gothic land of vampires to be out version of Ravenloft.

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Then I pick the option that doesn't involve playing a Cavalier.
Why's that, if you don't mind me asking? It's only gonna be a one-to-two level dip for weapon proficiencies and possibly a nice order ability. I plan on mostly staying a druid.

It was a joke


1 person marked this as a favorite.

He's a paladin. They only understand slapstick, humourwise.

Just kidding.

Will you draw me like one of your goblin girls?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Crystal what do you think of Wayfinder?


Where can I get stats and a mini for the iconic shaman?

Grand Lodge

Speaking of minis. Is there anywhere to get the minis for your Hireling pdf? I purchased the pdf for Kingmaker #1, but they're apparently no longer included. Which, by the way, both products are amazing. I really wish you had time to complete the other books.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lou Diamond wrote:
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Wait, how do you know what my voice sounds like?
I heard you on the Know directions Podcast.

Then you can answer your own question re: Merisiel's voice here.

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
ulgulanoth wrote:
Crystal what do you think of Wayfinder?

I love the Wayfinder, and contribute what little I can! It's a great resource for fans and for the Paizo staff.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

What should I ask questions about?

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
darth_borehd wrote:
Where can I get stats and a mini for the iconic shaman?

You can get an official character sheet for Shardra over on the PFS pregenerated characters page.

Sadly, there is no mini for Shardra yet, but I'm sure if people casually mentioned their desire for one in Erik's Friday minis blog posts, he would understand the overwhelming community need for such a product.

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Diodric wrote:
Speaking of minis. Is there anywhere to get the minis for your Hireling pdf? I purchased the pdf for Kingmaker #1, but they're apparently no longer included. Which, by the way, both products are amazing. I really wish you had time to complete the other books.

I could probably update that product to include those hireling minis on the last page. I'll check with our webstore gninja...

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vic Wertz wrote:
Lou Diamond wrote:
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Wait, how do you know what my voice sounds like?
I heard you on the Know directions Podcast.
Then you can answer your own question re: Merisiel's voice here.

I actually have a number of spells to answer that question.

Or were you saying I sound like her, because I don't hear it...

Honestly, in my head I think I sound like the world's worst Marilyn Monroe impersonator.

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Kalindlara wrote:
What should I ask questions about?

Candy recipes? Opinions on comic books? Cartoon trivia? Half-orc grooming techniques? Dating advice?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Oh, you're a candymaker? Any tips you can provide to a novice? I recently tried making some hard candies, kinda like throat drops, but it all cooled too quickly before I could get the stuff out of the pot.

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Misroi wrote:
Oh, you're a candymaker? Any tips you can provide to a novice? I recently tried making some hard candies, kinda like throat drops, but it all cooled too quickly before I could get the stuff out of the pot.

For hard candies, the heavier the pot you use, the betetr (but never use cast iron), that way the pot stays hot even once you remove it from the heat. I used to have a lovely, heavy, teflon-coated two-quart number that was ideal, because nothing would stick, and it held onto heat forever (sadly, old roommates destroyed it). It also helps to make them on a warm, dry day rather than in the middle of winter (that's caramel time).

If you're working your hard candies by hand, I like to pull them off the burner and place them on a heating pad cranked up to high (with a towel in between the pot and pad), let it cool slowly, and as soon as it's hot enough to handle without burning your flesh, start tearing out thumbnail-sized gobs and rolling them into balls as fast as you can (having a few assistants helps here). Even with a heavy pot and a heating pad, it can still cool quickly, so a lot of making hardcandy boils down to being fast and fearless (alternatively, you can pour all your molted candy onto a greased cookie sheet, then either score it into squares with a greased knife when it's almost-cool or wait for it to cool completely and shatter it)


So do you favor chewy or hard candy personally?

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
David Neilson wrote:
So do you favor chewy or hard candy personally?

I like chewier candies. they're usually more fun to make

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

Have you ever played Transistor (by Supergiant Games)? What about Bastion?

I'll be back for the dating advice. ^_^


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Okay, since you are clearly a fan of orcs, what are you thoughts on the porcine orcs of older D&D stuff?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Misroi wrote:
Oh, you're a candymaker? Any tips you can provide to a novice? I recently tried making some hard candies, kinda like throat drops, but it all cooled too quickly before I could get the stuff out of the pot.

For hard candies, the heavier the pot you use, the betetr (but never use cast iron), that way the pot stays hot even once you remove it from the heat. I used to have a lovely, heavy, teflon-coated two-quart number that was ideal, because nothing would stick, and it held onto heat forever (sadly, old roommates destroyed it). It also helps to make them on a warm, dry day rather than in the middle of winter (that's caramel time).

If you're working your hard candies by hand, I like to pull them off the burner and place them on a heating pad cranked up to high (with a towel in between the pot and pad), let it cool slowly, and as soon as it's hot enough to handle without burning your flesh, start tearing out thumbnail-sized gobs and rolling them into balls as fast as you can (having a few assistants helps here). Even with a heavy pot and a heating pad, it can still cool quickly, so a lot of making hardcandy boils down to being fast and fearless (alternatively, you can pour all your molted candy onto a greased cookie sheet, then either score it into squares with a greased knife when it's almost-cool or wait for it to cool completely and shatter it)

Thanks for the advice! Finding a heavy Teflon pot in the two-to-three-gallon range might be the hardest part of my quest, as "heavy" and "Teflon coated" are two descriptions that don't often go hand-in-hand. I just recently came into a decent candy/fry thermometer, so that'll help a lot, obviously.

Getting more specific now - the aborted candy attempt was trying to make some honey-lemon candies, and while I was able to make some, they were pretty much all honey and no lemon. The only lemon in the recipe was the zest of one large lemon, and I introduced that while the honey and sugar were boiling in order to hopefully infuse the lemon into the candy as soon as possible. Any tips you might have on how to up that lemon flavor would be appreciated, as this candy was too cloyingly sweet to really enjoy.

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kalindlara wrote:

Have you ever played Transistor (by Supergiant Games)? What about Bastion?

I'll be back for the dating advice. ^_^

I've played Bastion, but not Transistor. Sadly I do not have the time for gaming that I used to, and I find myself a lot pickier about the games I'm willing to invest my time in (especially if the controls feel buggy or weird, like in Mirror's Edge). My current love is Splatoon, though I've had very little time for it since it came out.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Crystal Frasier wrote:
darth_borehd wrote:
Where can I get stats and a mini for the iconic shaman?

You can get an official character sheet for Shardra over on the PFS pregenerated characters page.

Sadly, there is no mini for Shardra yet, but I'm sure if people casually mentioned their desire for one in Erik's Friday minis blog posts, he would understand the overwhelming community need for such a product.

We have already said that WizKids' Iconic Heroes sets 1–6 will cover all of our iconics up through the Advanced Class Guide, so... expect to see her in set 4, 5, or 6.

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Albatoonoe wrote:
Okay, since you are clearly a fan of orcs, what are you thoughts on the porcine orcs of older D&D stuff?

I like orc features and biology that differentiate them from humans and set them aside as their own, distinct thing rather than just "mean, angry humans." Not a huge fan of making them overt pig-men, but taking some inspiration from boars makes a lot of sense given their personalities and role in most campaigns, and I don't have a problem taking some visual cues from boards as well.

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Misroi wrote:
Thanks for the advice! Finding a heavy Teflon pot in the two-to-three-gallon range might be the hardest part of my quest, as "heavy" and "Teflon coated" are two descriptions that don't often go hand-in-hand. I just recently came into a decent candy/fry thermometer, so that'll help a lot, obviously.

My old pot was a two-quart and did the job beautifully for any quantity I needed for home use.

Misroi wrote:
Getting more specific now - the aborted candy attempt was trying to make some honey-lemon candies, and while I was able to make some, they were pretty much all honey and no lemon. The only lemon in the recipe was the zest of one large lemon, and I introduced that while the honey and sugar were...

Almost all of your strong, pungent flavors come from essential oils, which evaporate quickly in heat. You always want to add those as late as possible in the candymaking process, because they boil out in just a few minutes. I would say stir some (ideally warm) lemon flavoring or essential oil just before you're ready to start forming the candies, alongside that lemon zest (which rarely seems to have enough flavor for my liking). Adding cold ingredients to your pot can start the crystallization process early, so try to make sure your ingredients are at least warmer than room temperature if you're adding them to a molten sugar syrup.

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Kalindlara wrote:
What should I ask questions about?
Candy recipes? Opinions on comic books? Cartoon trivia? Half-orc grooming techniques? Dating advice?

Yeah, about that last one.

What's best? Using Julian dates? Always sticking with ISO 8601 and using UTC? Using ISO 8601 but a local time zone? Or, doing it fully localized, which means that if you're in BC you have absolutely no idea if you're using mm/dd/yy or dd/mm/yy?

Sczarni RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I hope this is appropriate for here. I also hope this is the Crystal Frasier recently featured on BuzzFeed.

I forwarded over the Buzzfeed feature you were in to my wife, who in turn passed it on to her brother. Her brother is transgender (he identifies with the male gender,) and still struggling from time to time in finding acceptance from others and himself. My wife remembered meeting you at PaizoCon and commented on how beautiful and confidant you appeared, and would like to help her brother feel just as confidant as you appeared.

What advice can you give her about helping her brother?

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
rknop wrote:
Crystal Frasier wrote:
Kalindlara wrote:
What should I ask questions about?
Candy recipes? Opinions on comic books? Cartoon trivia? Half-orc grooming techniques? Dating advice?

Yeah, about that last one.

What's best? Using Julian dates? Always sticking with ISO 8601 and using UTC? Using ISO 8601 but a local time zone? Or, doing it fully localized, which means that if you're in BC you have absolutely no idea if you're using mm/dd/yy or dd/mm/yy?

Coming from an international anthropology background, I prefer the CE dating system although it does suffer from ethnocentricity

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Crystal, do you take art commissions for people other than Merisiel?
I really like your work.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Crystal,
Who are your favorite DC and Marvel characters?
Which character in all of comics is your favorite character, if not one of the above?
Thanks, =)

Liberty's Edge Assistant Developer

7 people marked this as a favorite.
CalebTGordan wrote:

I hope this is appropriate for here. I also hope this is the Crystal Frasier recently featured on BuzzFeed.

I forwarded over the Buzzfeed feature you were in to my wife, who in turn passed it on to her brother. Her brother is transgender (he identifies with the male gender,) and still struggling from time to time in finding acceptance from others and himself. My wife remembered meeting you at PaizoCon and commented on how beautiful and confidant you appeared, and would like to help her brother feel just as confidant as you appeared.

What advice can you give her about helping her brother?

This is a hard one, because confidence is generally something that needs to grow organically from experience. Love and support, especially from family, goes a long way towards building that confidence, though. Always respect his pronouns and name, avoid his deadname, and avoid discussing his past with others unless you've cleared it with him first or he takes the lead on the issue. Having just a few friends who respect and support you for you, and don't undermine your reality, helps a lot as you're trying to find your feet in the world.

Also a lot of confidence comes from feeling confident. Literally "fake it 'til you make it." That's my secret at conventions. In reality, I am a nervous wreck.

251 to 300 of 1,017 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask Crystal All the Things!!!<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.